Official marijuana/marijuana legalization in TNT thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Re: Official marijuana/marijuana legalization in TNT thread

Postby bluesclues » January 31st, 2016, 4:08 pm

Lol @ 'will become a hub for weed'

Will become? Is 'hub' a different thing from a 'trans-shipment point'?

Either way, what you saying is that trinidad is strategically positioned to supply and ship marijuana to the world. So we must not take advantage of that, leave the large amount of money that is in the drug economy out of circulation, hurting the economy as bad as inflation?

Well what will happen is that everywhere else will get a chance to secure global market share before we do as they will legalize before we do. Again we will be last to capitalize on a niche market.

But the solution to the problem you pose is solved by just that. Once everywhere else legalize cockroach will have to eat in the day and not in the darkness of the night. So we talking about 100s of billions of dollars returning to the economies of all countries that participate in legalization.

Anyway. Allyuh should know how i does operate by now. I come well in advance. I identify a future problem. And i give you the future solution. Then as time draws near for running out of time to activate the solution.. i resume a state of silence, and watch as shyt hits the fan, and ppl run around like chicken with their head cut off when it does.

What more can i do. Every one of my proposed solutions for all our past and present problems would have worked well to mitigate a future problem had they been considered seriously when i suggested them.

And im saying now, that marijuana export is one of our last hopes to save this country with meaningful export and revenues in the marijuana cigarette market. Side effects will spurn on and bolster the tourism market. Because the tourists come here and buy marijuana, again, it goes off the market and the usd or uk pounds or euros they spend is not registered in our economic activity. Losses.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » January 31st, 2016, 7:52 pm

Tourist eh coming all the way here to buy no weed padna. If they want a Caribbean weed experience they'll just go jamaica.

Coke on the other hand..... Closer to the source, and should be cheaper. We just need to make here more attractive for tourists;

turn Carrera Island into an awesome party island hiring the best Djs and artists in the world, dock about 20 cruise ships a week and drop the legal age to rent a vehicle from 25 to 18-21 especially in Tonago and flood that mofo with blow, economy saved.

Mero model 2016

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » February 1st, 2016, 1:26 am

marijuana thread pal. natural substance with medical and preventative benefits. not no shyt that rots ur brain.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 1st, 2016, 6:50 am

Jah bless the injun herb

DF1_2nR
Trinituner Peong

Postby DF1_2nR » March 10th, 2016, 10:19 pm

Came across this today. There is a local NGO advocating for legalization. Good info on their FB page on their efforts so far.

https://www.facebook.com/c420TT2014/

Never knew you could actually apply for a Medical Marijuana license locally. Actually getting one granted is another story though.

http://www.looptt.com/content/cannabis- ... rous-drugs

An organisation that lobbies for cannabis reform is claiming that numerous licences for the importation of various substances including Cocaine, Opium and Cannabis has been granted under the Ministry of Health over the past 10 years.

In a release, the group C420, a legally registered NGO that lobbies for cannabis policy reform, said that in October 2015, it made an application to the Ministry of Health under the Freedom of Information Act, in an attempt to ascertain whether any licences had been granted under the Dangerous Drugs Act which controls the use of various substances including Cocaine, Opium and Cannabis.

"C420 is now in possession of some of the documents requested for the years 2003 to 2015. Having perused the documents, it is clear that numerous licences have been issued under the Dangerous Drugs Act between 2003 and 2015. The most recent licence was issued under the current Government in October 2015," the group said.

The group said according to documents currently in their possession, numerous licences were also issued during the tenure of the former Minister of Health, Fuad Khan, despite utterances attributed to him in which he claimed that the law (the Dangerous Drugs Act) did not exist and that C420 had made erroneous applications.

"It has been made quite clear now, from the documents in our possession, that the former Minister of Health was either incompetent or extremely sparing with the truth."

C420 said that under the current Government and the current law, it will continue to pursue its licence applications.

"Further, only one chemotaxonomy/classification of Cannabis has been defined under current law and is subject to prohibition. The remaining chemotaxonomy/classifications of Cannabis are not defined by law and are subsequently not prohibited. In light of this, C420 intends to test the law by importing “non-prohibited” Cannabis seeds for the purpose of cultivation and “non-prohibited” Cannabis oil. C420 has been in contact with purveyors of Cannabis seeds in Amsterdam, who have kindly offered to donate to us “non-prohibited” Cannabis seeds," the group said.

C420 said it intends to donate the Cannabis oil to citizens and residents of Trinidad and Tobago who have made applications for Medicinal Cannabis licences through their organisation, in an effort to improve their quality of life.

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » March 10th, 2016, 11:24 pm

I for one don't use weed, tried it when i was younger but if i can purchase it legally for medical purpose i would. But government to stupid to see the benefits of it once they not allowed to make 99% of the money they would sheit on the idea

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » April 13th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Only just realized u can grow up to 5 plants legally in Jamaica. Ent we want to get agriculture going in TT? What we waiting on?

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: Official marijuana/marijuana legalization in TNT thread

Postby bluesclues » April 13th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Only just realized u can grow up to 5 plants legally in Jamaica. Ent we want to get agriculture going in TT? What we waiting on?

As PM i would legalize marijuana to free up the justice system of bullshyt cases, as well as relieve the police resources so more available for detection and intervention of violent crime. I would then sponsor a government agricultural project that would see exports of marijuana cigarettes as well as hemp products which range in manufacturing sectors from furniture to various paper products and even housing fabrication. All the cpep urp worker would be moved into proper government employment either on the fields of agriculture or its administrative process. Agriculture would of course also include short and longterm crop strategies to boost the economy and increase our foreign reserves.

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » April 13th, 2016, 5:46 pm

A legal high

Kevin Baldeosingh

If death concentrates the mind wonderfully, it seems that a stalled economy can make politicians think astonishingly.

Earlier this week, Attorney General Faris Al-Rawi said that the State spends between $20,000 to $25,000 a month on each prisoner in the Remand Yard, which is about $600 million annually. So now the AG wants to have a national discussion on decriminalising marijuana and other minor offences. Yet nothing has changed, except that the PNM administration, which has had nary a progressive word to say in its entire history on controversial issues like legalising drugs or abortions or homosexuality, now doesn’t have money in the Treasury to fund make-work programmes or tief in other ways.

Of course, decriminalising marijuana is open for debate in this place only because the United States, whom we so love to ape while pretending to revile, has done so. But, as a matter of rational policy, all drugs will eventually have to be legalised, including cocaine and heroin, because there are sound ethical, economic and political reasons to do so. I hesitate to outline these arguments, however, because they are so old hat. I do so only because it seems that American propaganda, which has been the only successful aspect of their war on drugs, has ensured that the average person now takes it as given that drug addiction is the root of societal and psychological disintegration. Ironically, though, many of the individual and social problems associated with drug addiction are created by this very illegality.

Ethically, drug use is a victimless act—ie it injures no one except the user. True, drug addiction may hurt the user’s family and friends, but “hurt” is not a sound basis for making an act illegal. The law against suicide is the prime example of pointless legislation. The large issue here is that a free society must allow adults to make any choices which do not directly harm others. This is because only the individual can decide what is best for himself. Indeed, it is no accident that the staunchest opposition to legalising drugs comes from religious spokespersons, since they are all convinced that they know what is best for other people. Also, religions are in direct competition with drugs, since religion proffers many of the same benefits as narcotics, such as the illusion of calm, confidence and harmony with the universe.

Economically, the drug trade skews the market because it injects cash that does not form part of the gross domestic product. Its illegality forces the State to waste resources that could be used more productively, and also deprives the government of tax revenue. Illegal drugs also lower productivity in a way that would not happen if the same drugs were legal. Apart from the fact that several of these drugs actually increase energy and clarity and sociability, at least in the short- and medium-term, legality would make it unnecessary for users to skulk around to get their drugs. Most importantly, legality would allow proper dosage, so that addicts could better control their intake. And, as AG Al-Rawi has hinted, decriminalisation would immediately stop hundreds of able-bodied young men languishing in jail at the State’s expense.

From the ethics and economics come the political benefits. (I use the term “political” here in the sense of benefiting the polity, not politicians.) Any government which even decriminalised drugs would see an immediate drop in the homicide rate. T&T is among the world’s ten most murderous nations for two main reasons: drug trafficking and state funding of make-work programmes. The latter, farmed out to “community leaders,” created incentives to kill, while the former provided the weapons to do so efficiently. If weed and cocaine are no longer illegal in a recessionary economy, however, the drug barons lose much of their power. Unfortunately, no administration wants to implement such a policy, because both the PNM and UNC get more votes from URP than from reducing murders.

Even so, the political parties would have to revise their calculations if enough citizens supported legalisation. But this would require people to think from a cost-benefit perspective, whereas most people prefer to analyse such issues in utopian terms. For example, one objection raised to legalising drugs is that this would cause more people to become addicted. That is quite possible. But that possibility must be weighed against the known fact that making narcotics illegal has resulted in corruption and violent crime, in which people do not become just addicts but dead. But the utopian approach is to argue that no policy should be adopted unless it has a perfect outcome.

This perfectibility perspective infects discussions of many issues, ranging from abortion to privatisation to libel laws. People who think in utopian terms are always focused on the possible (and sometimes actual) negative consequences of a policy. So they usually oppose abortion, capitalism and free speech, whereas those who apply a cost-benefit perspective favour them. Everything in life is a trade-off, and a good policy is not determined by lack of negative consequences, but by its advantages outweighing untoward outcomes.

Kevin Baldeosingh is a professional writer, author of three novels and co-author of a history textbook.
. Copyright © 2014 GUARDIAN MEDIA LIMITED

http://www.guardian.co.tt/columnist/201 ... legal-high

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » April 13th, 2016, 7:50 pm

Legalize it!

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 13th, 2016, 8:25 pm

And make it retroactive one time. Anyone in jail for minor possession let them out. Stop wasting money feeding them and taking them to court.

shottaboilife
Street 2NR

Postby shottaboilife » April 14th, 2016, 2:55 am

I want to grow my own plants

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » April 14th, 2016, 5:20 am

This shouldn't even still be an issue

As for legalizing all narcotics (in the Kevin Baldeosingh article).. I'm not sure thaz the way to go

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » April 14th, 2016, 5:40 am

shogun wrote:This shouldn't even still be an issue

As for legalizing all narcotics (in the Kevin Baldeosingh article).. I'm not sure thaz the way to go

Agreed. Marijuana is in a categoy by itself that is defended by a few strong moral justifications. Homosexuality and harmful drugs like heroine and crack etc are not and have bigger picture ramifications. For one, drugs like heroine etc are definitely harmful both to the body as well as society, when such addicts break into ur house or perform other crimes because 'they need to get a fix'.

Marijuana on the other hand has no addictive properties, provides health benefits through usage and consumation and also has a strong spiritual aspect less known or utilized by the recreational users. I.e. marijuana is in a class by itself. A class that says making it illegal was a mistake in the first place, and government must move swiftly to correct its wrongs and stop unjustly punishing people for its usage.

Even employers will ignore an employee who smokes weed or got community service etc for small weed possession. Society doesnt see it as a threat anymore because it isnt, and wasnt supposed to be in the first place. We have hurt many families, jailing the parents of children and leaving them to be raised by granma, converting harmless crime offenders into hard criminals by placing them in their steed in jails with murderers etc which is wrong. It is wrong. In fact... the government owes these ppl if u ask me. All who are in jail etc for small possession must be let out forthwith.

mero

Postby mero » April 14th, 2016, 8:29 am

I'm all for decriminalising/ allowing weed lunch breaks at work/ public weed smoking area but plenty advocates in real denial cuz

I know Ppl addicted to weed as a fact... To almost crack level

I know men who brain fried permanently from weed.

I know Ppl who get into car accidents and Injured Ppl cuz they were driving high as sheit, so I never understood that weed doh kill nobody, maybe not overdose but I'm sure it leads to a few deaths

And physically smoking weed Is almost as bad as smoking any other dried plant.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 14th, 2016, 8:35 am

Legalising it does not mean you can smoke it before or during work. Driving and working under the influence should be penalised the same way alcohol is now but if someone wants to do it the same way they may go home and have a couple beers I have no problem with that.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » April 14th, 2016, 8:38 am

mero wrote:I'm all for decriminalising/ allowing weed lunch breaks at work/ public weed smoking area but plenty advocates in real denial cuz

I know Ppl addicted to weed as a fact... To almost crack level

I know men who brain fried permanently from weed.

I know Ppl who get into car accidents and Injured Ppl cuz they were driving high as sheit, so I never understood that weed doh kill nobody, maybe not overdose but I'm sure it leads to a few deaths

And physically smoking weed Is almost as bad as smoking any other dried plant.

I actually know a few people addicted to the stuff as well.

mero

Postby mero » April 14th, 2016, 9:50 am

pete wrote:Legalising it does not mean you can smoke it before or during work. Driving and working under the influence should be penalised the same way alcohol is now but if someone wants to do it the same way they may go home and have a couple beers I have no problem with that.

Why is it a problem to smoke weed before work? I'm sure a huge % of the smoking population smokes before they start their day.

How would you know if someone smokes and drives and smokes during work? The only problem with that is if their productivity drops, they eating out the pantry or they literally tripping balls in work.

There are Ppl who are quite productive from a smoke, others are quite useless. Strictly again the machinery part though

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Official marijuana/marijuana legalization in TNT thread

Postby racedriverpro » April 14th, 2016, 10:31 am

mero wrote:
pete wrote:Legalising it does not mean you can smoke it before or during work. Driving and working under the influence should be penalised the same way alcohol is now but if someone wants to do it the same way they may go home and have a couple beers I have no problem with that.

Why is it a problem to smoke weed before work? I'm sure a huge % of the smoking population smokes before they start their day.

How would you know if someone smokes and drives and smokes during work? The only problem with that is if their productivity drops, they eating out the pantry or they literally tripping balls in work.

There are Ppl who are quite productive from a smoke, others are quite useless. Strictly again the machinery part though

Someone close to me refers to it as encouragement!

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 14th, 2016, 10:39 am

It all depends on what work you do. If your workplace allows you to be intoxicated while working then there's no problem.

There is a saliva test which shows positive up to 5-6 hours after you smoke. If the effects may be present up to that time then if you fail the saliva test you get in trouble.

(Blood and urine tests show up well after the effects have passed so would not be a good indication of intoxication)

mero

Postby mero » April 14th, 2016, 2:49 pm

I think intoxicated is very different than being high.

Outside with that saliva test too. Men can't even take a smoke before they sleep. I think the average person gets that amount or sleep or less a night.

Imo the only reason a company should test for that; is against liability for damages and measuring counter productivity

alex jj
Trinituner Peong

Postby alex jj » April 14th, 2016, 5:15 pm

It is astonishing that in a society where freedom iz regarded as a constitutional right that citizens, many of whom commit no crimes other than being in possession of weed are constantly persecuted. A woman in a wheelchair was recently charged for possession when she most likely benefits from using the substance. Our laws are archaic and judges generally hav not been flexible in their implementation. The legalisation of weed will inevitably have cons as well as pros. The judicial system will be greatly relieved in the number of cases. With weed being illegal there are no systems in place to check the presence of pesticides and other harmful chemicals in the product which is to be used, so the current users may be poisoning themselves. If weed were to be legalised the govt stands to generate alot of income via tax and licenses, and the economy will benefit as well. Currently criminals are involved in distribution, importation and the day to day dealings with weed, with legalisation law abiding citizens would be the ones controlling production etc. In the usa anyone convicted of a crime cannot work in any segment of the legal weed business. Besides seeing more tourists and more stimulation of the economy, there may be a lowering in productivity levels among the population... and more high ppl around which is where properly thought out laws are needed... regarding employers rights to not hav employees who are users.. arresting drivers who ar high etc. Weed has been known to cause mental problems as well as many other problems.. proper education of the citizens on the dangers is essential. Cigarrettes and alcohol are just as bad to a persons health but are legal, therefore imo weed should be legalised so that those currently using can hav access to a safer product.... and ppl should hav the autonomy to do as they please.. i have always believed that self inflicted harm through the use of substances should not be covered by free health care but thats just my opinion.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 14th, 2016, 7:58 pm

[quote="ruffneck_12"]Good for small quantities, legalization for large quantities will become a problem. Trinidad will become a hub for weed

If weed legal here, drug men will buy from here to go elsewhere.
Which good for the economy, but ah mean. Cyar kill cockroach by giving them food.[/quote]

Meanwhile research shows that there is a huge market for legal marijuana. But our never see come see politicians will wait on Uncle Sam to give them permission.

Proper and effective legislation and implementation will reap $$$ for the government.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 14th, 2016, 8:07 pm

legalise it, don't even need to have regulated farms, let anybody grow and sell, and people who does export should pay no business taxes.

and regulate other drugs to export where it legal. like heroin legal in some countries. and coke.

whichever govt did this would get a sheit ton of FOREX...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 14th, 2016, 8:39 pm

it may not make sense to legalize weed,
think of the thousands of youths who make a living selling weed on the block as well as their upstream providers

what are they going to do after their source of income profits is no more ?
certainly not go back to school

mero

Postby mero » April 14th, 2016, 8:58 pm

pugboy wrote:it may not make sense to legalize weed,
think of the thousands of youths who make a living selling weed on the block as well as their upstream providers

what are they going to do after their source of income profits is no more ?
certainly not go back to school

Lol Not sure if sarcasm buttt Illegal weed never gonna stop sell. Can't stop the cartels + Pushamen is convenience too.

Not everyone would be able to afford to go and buy from a legal dispensary. Sure Is price dey go buss..

Unless you have a prescription for a certain strain, have a lil paper or just want nicer quality, men not gonna stop buy their colo "kush", jam etc

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » April 14th, 2016, 9:11 pm

Just like any other free market commodity. There will always be aficionados that are willing to pay more for better quality.

Alcohol does more societal damage than marijuana ever could. Legalize

Lmao @ pugboy BTW

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 14th, 2016, 9:15 pm

I was not being sarcastic
in all countries that have legalized weed the price dropped dramatically, google and see
simple economics of supply and demand

the high price of an illegal goods is based on the demand, supply as well as the risk required to be in that business(not get caught)
2 out of those 3 parameters will be no more so go figure....

cartels will join business on the public floor so all them block boys who were middlemen now have nothing to do...

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » April 14th, 2016, 10:38 pm

pugboy
Jamaica legalized it over a year ago. what has been their experience with the block boys?? They had a similar illegal drugs problem to what we have now prior to legalization.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 15th, 2016, 6:49 am

not much difference over there after legalization
but the key thing is over there weed was basically legal
available everywhere and not really a black market priced item

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”