Forums

Official marijuana/marijuana legalization in TNT thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Official marijuana/marijuana legalization in TNT thread

Postby maj. tom » October 17th, 2018, 7:23 am

It's legal in Canada from today. They're also talking about amnesty for certain past crimes involving the drug. Marijuana stocks are going to go through the roof overnight and some companies are going to be bigger than Apple in less than 5 years!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45806255
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/business-45 ... l-cannabis

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 17th, 2018, 9:04 pm

maj. tom wrote:It's legal in Canada from today. They're also talking about amnesty for certain past crimes involving the drug. Marijuana stocks are going to go through the roof overnight and some companies are going to be bigger than Apple in less than 5 years!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45806255
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/business-45 ... l-cannabis

So sad that Trinidad has missed this valuable opportunity because of incompetent Anti Science leaders who do nothing but hold back progress.

Perfect opportunity to diversify our economy away from oil and gas gone down the drain. Our politicians are too busy talking about Oreo cookie.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 17th, 2018, 9:20 pm

While trinidad still debating legalizing the herb...canada working out how to charge people who are intoxicated with the herb while driving...I lol at this story today

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 17th, 2018, 9:31 pm

Aint nun like a horny hot chick with weed high eyes....

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 17th, 2018, 9:35 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:While trinidad still debating legalizing the herb...canada working out how to charge people who are intoxicated with the herb while driving...I lol at this story today

More money for the Canadian government LOL a perfect way to tax people.

Ent Imbutt want to tax people? how he eh try legalizing ganja as yet? he getting tax from it plus charging people for driving while high

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » October 17th, 2018, 9:38 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:While trinidad still debating legalizing the herb...canada working out how to charge people who are intoxicated with the herb while driving...I lol at this story today

steueps :|

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 17th, 2018, 9:50 pm

Soul Collector wrote:

Y steupse....CNN actually had this as a headline

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » October 17th, 2018, 10:17 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Soul Collector wrote:

Y steupse....CNN actually had this as a headline

Nah I just steueps cuz it sounds absurd to me lol. Let them keep that shite for the drunk fools.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 18th, 2018, 10:16 am

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/wo ... 36718.html

Level bob marley and marlon asher playing right now

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 18th, 2018, 10:32 am

^ Trudeau just assured himself a 2nd term!!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 19th, 2018, 12:08 pm

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 19th, 2018, 1:31 pm

Heard an unverified story they ran out of weed on day 1.
Imagine, if Trinidad was different, we coulda had a hell of a legal weed export market.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 19th, 2018, 11:26 pm

Les Bain wrote:Heard an unverified story they ran out of weed on day 1.
Imagine, if Trinidad was different, we coulda had a hell of a legal weed export market.

Just like with same sex marriage, the evangelical lobby will exert their pressure and JUHN Scarfy will bow down rather than lose that block of votes, although I'm sure that even his eyes watered when he views the $$$ being made from marijuana.

wingnut
3NE 2NR for life

Postby wingnut » October 31st, 2018, 5:12 pm

Canada currently experiencing a shortage. Imagine if we were in a position to supply a market like canada. Jobs and foreign exchange. I'd be willing to bet the us and europe might follow suit in time to come. Weed might be the next gold rush/oil boom

http://www.looptt.com/content/supply-sh ... arketplace

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 31st, 2018, 8:51 pm

Always knew the PNM was dunce and dotish, funny how all the ganja smokers does vote for the PNM the one party that will never legalize it the one party too dotish to see the amount of money that can be made from this. The only dotish Anti Science party in the West, what is even worse is the silence from the UNC on this matter is like them just as dotish

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 31st, 2018, 9:41 pm

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexi ... SKCN1N638D

Mexico Supreme Court has removed the ban on Marijuana.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 2nd, 2018, 8:27 pm

So I was doing some reading and it was saying synthetic thc is allowed so as to keep ganja illegal and expensive to the sybtethic thc can fetch a nice price.
But does it show up different in a drug test?
There is a dealer I know peddling the stuff and says you can pass a drug test with it. Its in stuff that you will never suspect as drugs so it gets by with ease and no worry about police busting you.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 2nd, 2018, 11:15 pm

nervewrecker wrote:So I was doing some reading and it was saying synthetic thc is allowed so as to keep ganja illegal and expensive to the sybtethic thc can fetch a nice price.
But does it show up different in a drug test?
There is a dealer I know peddling the stuff and says you can pass a drug test with it. Its in stuff that you will never suspect as drugs so it gets by with ease and no worry about police busting you.

Well it have hundreds of variants of synthetic cannabinoids, plenty of them do not even have tests developed for them yet, so most likely yes you will pass a drug test if you using synthetic THC. Also synthetic cannabis is almost never tested for because such a test is VERY expensive. But synthetic is likely dangerous/unhealthy and you should avoid it.

Have a look

https://www.livescience.com/57747-synth ... risks.html

This is another reason Cannabis should be legalized immediately, too many people smoke it and are in danger of smoking something laced and deadly. Illegal marijuana has no standard and no regulation to ensure the health of the person is taken into consideration.

People who use this for whatever reason should be allowed to plant a tree.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 18th, 2018, 8:47 pm

There was a debate recently, turns out the Pro PNM youths are somewhat highly dotish when it comes to science.

Reaffirming my suspicion that Dotishness is a trait among people who support the PNM

http://www.looptt.com/content/cannabis- ... uth-debate

In any event, the CSI tuners we have here what are the updates behind the scene with this situation? more states in the US is on the brink of legalizing weed, what is the situation with our local 1% and this?

By now one would think that they would be ready to capitalize on this as there is huge money to be made. The PNM is their party and they can call the shots if they want on this issue. I am surprised they are not interested in making money on this. Normally the 1% is all about money

nivek
Sweet on this forum

Postby nivek » November 18th, 2018, 9:30 pm

why will the 1% venture into this now..when its more profitable being illegal for them...its a controlled market

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 18th, 2018, 9:45 pm

If it becomes legal (abroad) then profit margins for the local 1% will go down, the American market won't have to rely on an illegal supply from Latin America and Caribbean, they will grow and cultivate their own.

When it comes to agriculture we don't have the ability to cultivate on any scale to make a dent on the international legal market, some folks like to say our weed is good but no, ours pales in comparison to that of the other Caribbean countries, it comes down to soil quality, ours ain't so great. Even if you over come this soil quality hurdle, the only way of doing thus would be to utilize the grow house model or hydroponics.

Which farmer does this currently? The technical investment really needed, we don't have and given our reluctance to invest in agriculture.....

Weed being legal becomes an agricultural issue and we all know our track record with agriculture.

Some might say, well maybe we can develop boutique blends and varieties, again this requires significant investment in agricultural talent and ability, maybe if we develop the agricultural arm of UWI, but again, look at how poorly the cocoa industry is treated and they have tirelessly doing work with little to no investment or interest in the work from both the public and private sector.

Also when it comes to our private sector I don't think they have any ambition to go beyond the local market, a large part of the private sector is still in the business of retail and distribution, so if weed was legalized locally that might just add to the local import bill, not intention to produce locally just import from the US, like so many other food stuff items, kale, iceberg lettuce, Pepperidge farms, BlueBunny, etc., etc., or worse contraband/illegally imported weed would be sold legally at obscene profits.

Some might say but "Numbers" we have local products and alternatives in the grocery, true but that goes back to my original point, quality and branding (which is heavily influenced by quality anyway).

Would gladly discuss my points with anyone, open to discussion.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 19th, 2018, 7:48 am

^ There has to be people growing high THC weed in Trinidad, if they can do it in Jamaica why can't they do it here?

Pretty sure OG Kush or other type of high grade can be grown here. Let us say we don't have the kind of soil required we could use Hydroponics. Also people are passionate about weed it is the only plant that makes everybody interested in.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 20th, 2018, 1:56 am

Remember the Jamaicans are ahead of us agriculturally especially when it comes to weed.

Oh sure with the hydroponics model we could grow better variants, but the question of how much are we producing and the economics of it. Are we doing it only for the local market or are we doing it for export?

If for export then we have to look at our competitors, the main one is definitely Colorado and California. To be honest those two states have the North American markets locked up. True Canada may have run out, but where you think they're going to get their weed, as a matter of convenience they'll just go to the states.

Regionally we have Jamaica, one might say well aren't they competing with California and Colorado, yes they are but remember the Jamaicans have the expertise when marketing their brand, think about what they did with their coffee. Not high in volume but highly sought after internationally, the same thing we tried to do with chocolate, while our cocoa is world renowned failure to properly market and develop it has led to stunted growth.

Yes I won't doubt the enthusiasm of locals or even the presence of expertise, however do they have the capital or access to it?

nivek
Sweet on this forum

Postby nivek » November 20th, 2018, 10:06 am

hopefully by law..citizens will be allowed to grow a certain number of plants for personal use...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 20th, 2018, 10:14 am

Numb3r4 wrote:Remember the Jamaicans are ahead of us agriculturally especially when it comes to weed.

Oh sure with the hydroponics model we could grow better variants, but the question of how much are we producing and the economics of it. Are we doing it only for the local market or are we doing it for export?

If for export then we have to look at our competitors, the main one is definitely Colorado and California. To be honest those two states have the North American markets locked up. True Canada may have run out, but where you think they're going to get their weed, as a matter of convenience they'll just go to the states.

Regionally we have Jamaica, one might say well aren't they competing with California and Colorado, yes they are but remember the Jamaicans have the expertise when marketing their brand, think about what they did with their coffee. Not high in volume but highly sought after internationally, the same thing we tried to do with chocolate, while our cocoa is world renowned failure to properly market and develop it has led to stunted growth.

Yes I won't doubt the enthusiasm of locals or even the presence of expertise, however do they have the capital or access to it?
Coincidentally the Jamaican weed industry is being led by the man responsible for the Marley brand of coffee into the American market

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » November 20th, 2018, 3:18 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 20th, 2018, 10:15 pm

^ Hopefully more events like this can continue, also we should be allowed to grow 4 trees for personal use like it is in Canada.

But Trinis need to pursue this more unfortunately there is not enough support from the public on legalizing Cannabis. I blame the churches and their ignorance of science.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 21st, 2018, 2:22 am

Be careful of constantly comparing us to Canada that could hurt your argument in the long run as folks can say that they have a better network of institutions to support such things and we don't. Stick to Jamaica as a role model in this respect much more relatable. Also I do support growing at home however work has to be done with respect to praedial larceny, without this home owners could be put at risk. We all know how common it is for young men to go around selling "zabohcah" and they can't account for where they get it.

Massachusetts has just legalised the sale of marijuana.

They did it to help out with disadvantaged communities, however it was found thus far that it didn't work as they didn't have the start up capital and had difficulty procuring the capital, be it investors or bank loans. I find this eerily similar to out situation here. The public discourse mentioned above is greatly welcomed, I think they should try to include local financiers as well and try to pitch at least to them, if not the state, the economic value of marijuana.

As I have said above the problem with marijuana is not the marijuana itself but the mentality and condition of the Trinbagonian people and institutions.

These many problem need to fixed quickly, as failure to do so would mean that if one thing goes wrong marijuana will be blamed ad nauseam. They might even blame the marijuana for homosexuality.

Also best to do it now to take advantage of the pricing, much due to it being a novelty and a luxury good for now, as it gains greater acceptance prices may drop or my personal theory once the likes of Phillip Morris, British American Tobacco, Altria or Reynold Tobacco hell even our own WITCO get their hands on marijuana it may very well go the same way as tobacco did, essentially becoming a mass market mono-cultured crop with massive gains for big producers but little to no prospect for small to medium producers and businesses.

In that case the boutique market will be the only way for small producers to compete.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 21st, 2018, 7:09 pm

^ I would be surprised if Trinis blamed homosexuality on Cannabis I don't think that citizens of this country can be that uneducated but then again many keep saying daily that the big flood we got was a result of god punishing us for legalizing homosexuality. So dotishness does run deep in Trinidad, I guess anything is possible.

Just imagine it have a man up by me, his weight is 412 pounds, he is super obese and he has tons of medical problems including 3 heart attack so far, you know instead of dieting or eating healthier he take the money and went by what he claims to be a "spiritual mother" which as we know is an Obeyah woman so he can cleanse himself of the "Spell" he claims that his neighbor put on him which is causing all his medical problems. And he still eating $200 in KFC a day......

The unfortunate reality is that Trinidad has a poor public science education system, notice that anywhere you go in the world it is only religious people who are against weed. And religious people are what? Anti Science....
Notice that Rowley believes in obeyah he believes this dog sh!t to be real, and he is also what? Anti Cannabis and Anti Science even though he somehow managed to acquire a degree in Geology. This part really staggers the sane imagination....

Wherever there is a lack of science education you find dotishness, is is also common among conservatives in America who are also highly Anti Science and Anti Marijuana. But there are some rare cases where you find people in the science field supporting superstitious nonsense. Which is why you trust the evidence more than you trust the scientist.

What does the evidence say? Marijuana contains tons of medical benefits and it is vastly safer and healthier than alcohol or cigarettes.

I was very disappointed to see the PNM youths taking a stance AGAINST legalizing marijuana, they only do their party injustice because it links the PNM to a high tolerance for dotishness. It suggests that the PNM is the very embodiment of dotishness.
I still doh know how Rastafarians does continue to vote for PNM, it is like they are the biggest traitors to their own cause.

You campaigning to legalize weed but you voting and supporting the one political party that is 100% against legalizing weed? that eh making sense nah, that sounding like dotishness to me.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » November 22nd, 2018, 11:10 am

ED dont get caught up oversimplifying things. That is also unscientific. I'm guessing weed smokers that vote for PNM don't do so based solely on the PNM's stance on weed. Right now I'm sure a significant portion of both PNM and UNC votes are counter-votes. As in, the vote is placed for the party that has the best chance to beat the pary that you are against. This is basically voting for the lesser of two evils. Then you have people that have no idea who to vote for becuase both evils are too bad to actually support.

Unfortunately a lot of tuners immediately lump all of those that do not support your point of view as being for the opposing point of view. So PNM supporters think everyone that didnt vote for PNM are UNC supporters and vice versa.

I fedup hear tuners talking about the "red and ready" supporters as though they are in the majority just because the PNM won. Remember only 35% of the voting populatiom actually voted for PNM and a lot of those votes were cast against the blatant corruption of UNC.

The "red and ready" supporters are a vast minority amd anyone that acts otherwise are being just as ignorant as those that they criticise.

To win at politics in Trinidad you have to keep the population divided. From my experience it appears that that strategy is failing so the push now is to at least make us believe that we are still divided. This way they can keep us all voting against what we dont want instead of voting for what we actually want. Then all they need to do is take as much as they can while they are in power, lose the election and wait their turn to come back into power again.

Whether or not this is intentional does not matter. What does matter is idiotic parrots pointing fingers at those across from them and squawking "red and ready" not realising that they not any less idiotic or unoriginal in their thinking as the idiots that they criticise.

Sorry for the off topic ramble. Peace and love to all my trini idiots,especially the ones that not yet self aware. Time for me to get back to work. Actually got sh!t to do. See y'all Monday.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”