Forums

90 million to refurbish Brian Lara Stadium

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Re: 90 million to refurbish Brian Lara Stadium

Postby equipped2ripp » January 31st, 2016, 11:37 pm

^ Queen's Park rent is too high and first class games aren't played at Guaracara Park again.

Master of Disaster
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Master of Disaster » February 1st, 2016, 12:18 am

1 ground to play on and the other to go grass to eat .lmao. Is either he a rage in bull or a headless 1

Master of Disaster
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Master of Disaster » February 1st, 2016, 12:19 am

More like a reconcussion for the red voters if you ask me . well done t&t

Master of Disaster
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Master of Disaster » February 1st, 2016, 12:30 am

BoxEater wrote:pnm priorities in order.... bun children hospital

that stadium is being built for pnm supporters.... when pnm ppl sick they normally go on the road and take a sweat.... whether it be football, unprotected sex in a shack or running from police....

when pnm children sick, the parents would take them to the stadium and because of its magnitude and sophistication, the children will be instantly cured....
ha-ha ah like this .

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » February 1st, 2016, 7:54 am

equipped2ripp wrote:^ Queen's Park rent is too high and first class games aren't played at Guaracara Park again.

WICB does pay rent to whom?

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » February 1st, 2016, 8:32 am

desifemlove wrote:
equipped2ripp wrote:^ Queen's Park rent is too high and first class games aren't played at Guaracara Park again.

WICB does pay rent to whom?

QPCC

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 1st, 2016, 9:11 am

First class games do not need a Brian Lara type stadium to be played...there is the National Cricket Centre in Balmain and the UWI Spec in St Augustine both of which also have 1st class ratings. Only a few thousand at best shows up for a 1st class match anyhows so 15,000 seater BLCS is still oversized.

QPO may be expensive to rent but the alternative is a billion dollar stadium??
We could pay the QPO rent for the 1 to 5 days of international cricket we get ever two years for the next three hundred years and still not have wasted the money that was spent on the BLCS.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 1st, 2016, 9:43 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

First class games do not need a Brian Lara type stadium to be played...there is the National Cricket Centre in Balmain and the UWI Spec in St Augustine both of which also have 1st class ratings. Only a few thousand at best shows up for a 1st class match anyhows so 15,000 seater BLCS is still oversized.

We could pay the QPO rent for the 1 to 5 days of international cricket we get ever two years for the next three hundred years and still not have wasted the money that was spent on the BLCS.

So that is a justification to leave the stadium abandoned? How do we expect the sport and attendance to grow if we restricting it to bleachers in UWI Spec and Balmain?

While attendance is great, TV rights and viewership is where the money is. In many international games now the stands are empty but thousands are watching on ESPN, Willow and other services. If ppl watching cricket and it just looks like a sweat on a glorified lawn, nobody will view that.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 1st, 2016, 9:51 am

Lara reminds me PNM horse racing turf in the early 80s.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » February 1st, 2016, 10:07 am

All this for them to justify that it was RIGHT to leave it abandoned?
I'm trying to understand the crux of the argument here...
Is this the same argument they're using for leaving the govt campus abandoned?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 1st, 2016, 10:08 am

Habit7 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

So that is a justification to leave the stadium abandoned? How do we expect the sport and attendance to grow if we restricting it to bleachers in UWI Spec and Balmain?

While attendance is great, TV rights and viewership is where the money is. In many international games now the stands are empty but thousands are watching on ESPN, Willow and other services. If ppl watching cricket and it just looks like a sweat on a glorified lawn, nobody will view that.

You mean like the Nagico Super50 where the WICB pays ESPN to show it as opposed to the other way around??

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » February 1st, 2016, 10:15 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

You mean like the Nagico Super50 where the WICB pays ESPN to show it as opposed to the other way around??

This!!!
Not even the final was sold out. So many empty seats.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 1st, 2016, 10:19 am

Dizzy28 wrote:You mean like the Nagico Super50 where the WICB pays ESPN to show it as opposed to the other way around??

Source?

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » February 1st, 2016, 10:28 am

So two structures that will never fully Ever Serve the majority of the citizens of Trinidad have a combined Initial Estimate of over $490 MILLION TT dollars to repair?

SMH!

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 1st, 2016, 10:35 am

Habit7 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:You mean like the Nagico Super50 where the WICB pays ESPN to show it as opposed to the other way around??

Source?

There was a column on Cricinfo about two years ago about the troubles of the WICB and the TV deals was one of them. Will sort through and see if I find it in a while.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » February 1st, 2016, 10:59 am

As I said before on this thread. I have no problem if people think the stadium should NEVER have been built in the first place. Because
1) expensive
2) unnecessary
3) most citizens won't benefit

However I just want consistency for the Aquatic Centre, cycling Velodrome, national tennis centre

Which are
1) expensive
2) unnecessary (probably more)
3) most citizens won't benefit (for sure ).
4) hugely more expensive to maintain/run/receive income

But having the stadium already so far to me it's pointless to abandon it. My 2 cents.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » February 1st, 2016, 11:11 am

j.o.e wrote:As I said before on this thread. I have no problem if people think the stadium should NEVER have been built in the first place. Because
1) expensive
2) unnecessary

However I just want consistency for the Aquatic Centre, cycling Velodrome, national tennis centre

Which are
1) expensive

But having the stadium already so far to me it's pointless to abandon it. My 2 cents.

Agreed. But 90 million ain't even gonna come close to renovate the stadium. Everything needs to be redone. High voltage, low voltage, plumbing, doors. The people steal everything from there. It even has turf grass missing.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 1st, 2016, 12:26 pm

j.o.e wrote:As I said before on this thread. I have no problem if people think the stadium should NEVER have been built in the first place. Because
1) expensive
2) unnecessary

Which are
1) expensive

You mean this project?

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » February 1st, 2016, 12:49 pm

Habit7 wrote:
1) expensive
2) unnecessary

Which are
1) expensive

You mean this project?

So one project that supposed to cost $275 million and end up costing well over a billion, that's still not completed. No where close to being completed. Makes sense. All that cost overrun on one incomplete project.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 1st, 2016, 1:43 pm

150 days of PNM neglect and the hospital falling apart already. Why PNM allow for the hospital to fall into disrepair?

What a nasty and vindictive govt.

1454348617447.jpg

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » February 1st, 2016, 1:56 pm

Hadda be PNM make the road collapse!

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 1st, 2016, 2:05 pm

Challenged accepted

Cant say Mark never told you http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/Couv ... 29761.html

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » February 1st, 2016, 2:07 pm

Habit7 wrote:150 days of PNM neglect and the hospital falling apart already. Why PNM allow for the hospital to fall into disrepair?

What a nasty and vindictive govt.

1454348617447.jpg

Hahahaha, so a mere 5 months after the UNC constructed road, its began to fall to pieces and the pnm is at fault because they didn't do what? Hahahahaha

Zoom- therea ya sign

PErfect example of your gubbments wuk- substandard, obviously no proper engineering or surveying done before actually putting the roadway down.

So lets hear how this is peenems fault again?

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » February 1st, 2016, 2:09 pm

Where these contractors does come from.

Nothing them build does last more than 5 years

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » February 1st, 2016, 2:11 pm

NAPA_ fallin to pieces,

Childrens Hospital- fallin down.

Yet US Citizens still foot the bills regardless and we don't get any benefits from these.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 1st, 2016, 2:21 pm

BRZ wrote:NAPA_ fallin to pieces

NAPA not falling to pieces, it is opening back in a few months. It wasnt built to ASTM standards so sourcing parts and tools was an issue. That getting sorted out now, expect the hotel to west to be opened too.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 1st, 2016, 2:32 pm

Why is the newly paved road here in El Carmen / St Helena cracking? they paved this whole area before election but the asphalt they used looks like recycled or something because they cut it out before they paved, so as it cracking it looks like Plasticine coming apart.

A truck passed yesterday on the edge and a whole chunk of the road tear apart like Plasticine. And you can see how inferior the materials are you can see how soft the road is now compared to the past.

And what is being revealed below is a solid old pitch road from PNM era. Is it that things are just being done horribly by contractors now or PNM was more strict with quality of work done by contractors?
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on February 1st, 2016, 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » February 1st, 2016, 2:33 pm

That's just it. No matter which contractor, which government, it's the same assness. Always poor quality work.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 1st, 2016, 2:43 pm

matix wrote:That's just it. No matter which contractor, which government, it's the same assness. Always poor quality work.

Maybe but I found the UNC work to be of much poorer quality than PNM for some reason.

In one of these side streets here the UNC did put down a long box drain. Then some guy drive over it with he truck and mash up a small part of it. The contractor came and demolished the entire thing and build back an entire box drain. Who the ass does that?

In another street they build a box drain then said they built it in the wrong place, they dig out the entire thing and build another 300 foot box drain from scratch. And my gut feeling is that cost was not coming out of the contractor payment.

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » February 1st, 2016, 2:58 pm

LAst UNC contractor in elsocorro came and build a Pavement directly on top of GRASS, not even removing the grass, no foundation , no nutthen, just boxed poured and next day pulled off boxing and then collected a few million!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”