Forums

Massy dealership servicing

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dogg
Trinituner Peong

Massy dealership servicing

Postby dogg » January 20th, 2016, 12:42 pm

Not too long ago I bought a used (5yr old) vehicle that was originally purchased from Massy. It's working well but I decided to make a scheduled dealership service to get the vehicle checked properly. So i called massy to arrange an appointment. I got one at a service centre in Petit Valley (out of quite a few choices).

Now I didn't know there was a Massy service centre in Petit Valley so I googled the number but some other place came up - "GC & Sons Super Service" - I found this to be weird, but when I called the number, they ID'd themselves as Massy service.

Is Massy now subcontracting vehicle servicing? Or have they recently bought over smaller established mechanic businesses? Are these places legit in terms of using manufacturer approved service procedures and equipment?

Should i be wary of taking my vehicle there? Should ask for the service to be done at Morvant? Anyone have any experience with this place or other "franchise" Massy servicing?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Re: Massy dealership servicing

Postby tr1ad » January 20th, 2016, 12:46 pm

it's subcontracted and audited under the Massy service schedules.

question though, if they identified themselves as a service centre, what's the worry/concern?

dogg
Trinituner Peong

Postby dogg » January 20th, 2016, 12:48 pm

tr1ad wrote:it's subcontracted and audited under the Massy service schedules.

question though, if they identified themselves as a service centre, what's the worry/concern?

this:
Are these places legit in terms of using manufacturer approved service procedures and equipment?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 20th, 2016, 12:50 pm

and this:

who's to say at the actual firm they do conduct approved manufacturer procedures and equipment?

iM@st@1
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby iM@st@1 » January 20th, 2016, 12:52 pm

If they are subcontracted by Massy they would adhere to the proper servicing standards.

My landlord carries his vehicle to service there & he also advised me to do the same which I plan to do when I hit my 1st service schedule. He also said it's a bit faster than going Morvant.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 20th, 2016, 12:53 pm

tr1ad wrote:and this:

who's to say at the actual firm they do conduct approved manufacturer procedures and equipment?
Steupes..Ah hate when allyuh bring logic into ah ched

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 20th, 2016, 1:00 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:
tr1ad wrote:and this:

Steupes..Ah hate when allyuh bring logic into ah ched

oh goar big man...

dogg
Trinituner Peong

Postby dogg » January 20th, 2016, 1:06 pm

Good to know!!
iM@st@1 wrote:My landlord carries his vehicle to service there & he also advised me to do the same which I plan to do when I hit my 1st service schedule. He also said it's a bit faster than going Morvant.

spaluchin
Street 2NR

Postby spaluchin » January 20th, 2016, 4:46 pm

I live in Petit Valley.. and I Can say that it's and actual Massy Service Center.. Name and everything. I've never carried my vehicle there though..

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 20th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Tuner is a car enthusiasts chead, but men taking car to service when it's out of warranty :|

bushwakka
punchin NOS

Postby bushwakka » January 21st, 2016, 2:30 pm

i don't even take mine when it on warranty

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 23rd, 2016, 9:17 am

spaluchin wrote:I live in Petit Valley.. and I Can say that it's and actual Massy Service Center.. Name and everything. I've never carried my vehicle there though..

quite correct
its just before the catholic church on the opposite side, big new building wit a big Massy sign, can't miss it.

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » January 23rd, 2016, 12:58 pm

dogg wrote:
Should i be wary of taking my vehicle there? Should ask for the service to be done at Morvant? Anyone have any experience with this place or other "franchise" Massy servicing?

i would be worried also , i would try to get a service done at materserv or in massy it self , but then again ... its how far u willing to carry the vehicle i dont trust these "local" services , when i carry any of our vehicles to service i sometimes randomly ask to view the vehicle being serviced , but u have to have on a steel tip ... last time at toyota they charged me for a fuel filter which was never even changed , i mark the filters and sometimes put the date on them ... be careful bro

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » January 24th, 2016, 12:19 pm

boy if only u know the racket that does be taking place in dealerships,

Porsche is the only legit company that does Proper servicing. No tom dick and harry pulling spannah on ur ride.

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » January 24th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:boy if only u know the racket that does be taking place in dealerships,

Porsche is the only legit company that does Proper servicing. No tom dick and harry pulling spannah on ur ride.

and well Range Rover ... some of the trainees from the lst NESC batch was sent to Classic motors for ON the job training then sent to the Range rover factory for training ..

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 24th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Best u buy RORO

dogg
Trinituner Peong

Postby dogg » June 10th, 2016, 11:57 am

It was indeed a Massy quickservice outlet. on the pro side the place was professionally finished and spotlessly clean.

I came with a list of things i wanted checked and other things that I got done myself earlier, such as oil and filter changes. The owner was annoyed to point of being almost angry for me specifying what I didn't want done. It turned out that they have specific things to do with each km service visit and straying from the script is problematic for them. Anyway the owner's son calmly took over and said he would get the job done as I wanted.

They did do the necessary basic stuff, plugs and fluid changes etc. But the main thing I went for was to look into a very small oily residue that was building up under the vehicle to the front. They said they couldn't do it, words to the effect of "we don't do that here, it would entail taking down the engine", and that I needed to go to Morvant to get that done……

The labour cost was not overly unreasonable - $400 per hr. Add on services were more expensive. The parts though, plugs, fluids etc were exorbitantly marked up.

The takeaway- I wasted my time and money going there. I could have gone to a regular mechanic to get the plugs and fluids changed. I went to have the oily residue issue fixed, but they couldn't do it. I now have to go to Morvant to get this done or to a mechanic who specializes in my vehicle brand.

8/10 would recommend if you're going for a basic maintenance service (if you walk with your own supplies)
8/10- speed of service
7/10- labour costs
0/10- parts cost
0/10- ability to do unscripted/complicated jobs
4/10- customer service

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”