TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

All Things US Politics Related: Trump indicted.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: All Things US Politics Related in a Trump run White House.

Postby MaxPower » October 23rd, 2020, 9:39 am

Remember how everyone was so certain Hilary would win?

I would like to believe that Trump has the election.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 23rd, 2020, 10:26 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Any of you here who actually support the orange one realize that youre dooming yourself and your family friends who live in the US??
That man is the most racial idiot in the world and sadly a majority of his supporters share his attitudes and beliefs.
GO ahead and support him and see....
How go you explain that Ice Cube, 50 cents and Dr Dre supporting Trump?
https://youtu.be/Bd9FSdOlru8
https://youtu.be/8EwgQUl3a10

Seems Black men are in favor for Trump

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 23rd, 2020, 10:36 am

Because they're rich. Rich people always support Presidents like Trump, Bush, Reagan, etc. because of tax cuts and incentives for the wealthy. They don't need social programmes to survive. Poor people continue to get the shaft.

As Dave Chappelle said in one of his stand ups: "I stood with them in line, like all of us Americans are required to do in a democracy, nobody skips the line to vote, and I listened to them. I listened to them say naive poor white people things. “Man, Donald Trump’s gonna go to Washington, and he’s gonna fight for us.” I’m standing there thinking in my mind, “You dumb motherfukcer. You are poor. He’s fighting for me!”

Last edited by maj. tom on October 23rd, 2020, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 23rd, 2020, 10:41 am

maj. tom wrote:Because they're rich. Rich people always support Presidents like Trump, Bush, Reagan, etc. because of tax cuts and incentives for the wealthy. They don't need social programmes to survive. Poor people continue to get the shaft.
Well these black men have the ability to lead black men in supporting Trump.

Same as the red Goverment using left foot and right foot to keep blackfolk in slavery

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 23rd, 2020, 10:48 am

zoom rader wrote:
maj. tom wrote:Because they're rich. Rich people always support Presidents like Trump, Bush, Reagan, etc. because of tax cuts and incentives for the wealthy. They don't need social programmes to survive. Poor people continue to get the shaft.

Same as the red Goverment using left foot and right foot to keep blackfolk in slavery

From October 8th

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/20 ... udes_1-04/

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 23rd, 2020, 11:16 am

adnj wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

From October 8th

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/20 ... udes_1-04/

Don't put your faith in these polls, in the States that matter, Trump isn't down by much at all. Republican voters also are more likely to come out to vote on election day not sure how Covid and mail in ballots will affect that), not to mention many of the phone in our in person polls suffer from the trump effect.

It's a lot closer than we think it is

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » October 23rd, 2020, 12:54 pm

All them exit polls look so similar to the exit polls in 2016.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » October 23rd, 2020, 1:15 pm

A lot has been made about the USA presidential debates and quite honestly these sessions have not provided me with any reasons to revisit my views about the contenders.
The incumbent president track record whilst campaigning for office in 2016 and whilst in office is just real fresh in my mind.
To me it really is Trump version 1 2016-2020 vs Trump version 2 2020-2024 and the possibility of version2 being a positive upgrade.
I really hope the US electorate choose wisely.
Looming large in the background is the question of control of the senate and what may happen with this.
Quite simply a Republican President and a democratic senate and the reverse could lead to real chaos and operational paralysis.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 23rd, 2020, 1:44 pm

Kewell35 wrote:All them exit polls look so similar to the exit polls in 2016.

Exit polls are taken on election data, you can't compare an exit poll in 2016 to the various polls being done right now.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » October 23rd, 2020, 1:58 pm

You can't compare 2016 to today.

Many people voted for DT 4 years ago because he was a different perspective in DC instead of these career politicians.

Many of them are suffering from buyer's remorse.

I fully expect a Biden victory.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 23rd, 2020, 2:05 pm

GOP pollster says Trump won the final debate but Biden 'won the war'

President Donald Trump won the final debate against Democrat Joe Biden, but that's not going to be enough to get him reelected, Republican pollster and strategist Frank Luntz told CNBC on Friday.

"You got to give Trump a minor victory because he'll bring some [undecided] voters home, and it'll close the race a little bit. But in the end, I think Joe Biden won the war," Luntz said in a "Squawk Box" interview, predicting that Trump, with 11 days until the Nov. 3 election and more than 47 million votes already cast, does not have enough time to overcome Biden's national and swing state polling leads.

Luntz said that even if the polls are wrong, as they were in 2016 when Trump pulled off an upset victory over Hillary Clinton, it's "virtually impossible" for the president to win. Luntz, who predicted Clinton would win then, noted that polls four years ago were only off a few points but Biden's lead in the 2020 race is wide enough to overcome any margin of error. Luntz also said that pollsters like himself have been much more cautious during this campaign cycle.

Luntz said the candidates' answers to the final question — what they would say in their inaugural address to the Americans who didn't vote for them — were indicative of why Biden looks to be unstoppable.

Trump went negative, arguing why Biden would be bad for the country rather than really answering the question. "If he gets in, you will have a depression the likes of which you've never seen. Your 401(k)s will go to hell, and it'll be a very very sad day for this country," the president said.

Biden went in the opposite direction, saying, "I'm an American president. I represent all of you. Whether you voted for me or against me, I'm going to make sure you're represented. I'm going to give you hope."

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/10/23/gop ... ction.html

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 23rd, 2020, 2:06 pm

GOP pollster says Trump won the final debate but Biden 'won the war'

President Donald Trump won the final debate against Democrat Joe Biden, but that's not going to be enough to get him reelected, Republican pollster and strategist Frank Luntz told CNBC on Friday.

"You got to give Trump a minor victory because he'll bring some [undecided] voters home, and it'll close the race a little bit. But in the end, I think Joe Biden won the war," Luntz said in a "Squawk Box" interview, predicting that Trump, with 11 days until the Nov. 3 election and more than 47 million votes already cast, does not have enough time to overcome Biden's national and swing state polling leads.

Luntz said that even if the polls are wrong, as they were in 2016 when Trump pulled off an upset victory over Hillary Clinton, it's "virtually impossible" for the president to win. Luntz, who predicted Clinton would win then, noted that polls four years ago were only off a few points but Biden's lead in the 2020 race is wide enough to overcome any margin of error. Luntz also said that pollsters like himself have been much more cautious during this campaign cycle.

Luntz said the candidates' answers to the final question — what they would say in their inaugural address to the Americans who didn't vote for them — were indicative of why Biden looks to be unstoppable.

Trump went negative, arguing why Biden would be bad for the country rather than really answering the question. "If he gets in, you will have a depression the likes of which you've never seen. Your 401(k)s will go to hell, and it'll be a very very sad day for this country," the president said.

Biden went in the opposite direction, saying, "I'm an American president. I represent all of you. Whether you voted for me or against me, I'm going to make sure you're represented. I'm going to give you hope."

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/10/23/gop ... ction.html

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

All Things US Politics Related in a Trump run White House.

Postby MaxPower » October 23rd, 2020, 2:14 pm

adnj wrote:Biden went in the opposite direction, saying, "I'm an American president. I represent all of you. Whether you voted for me or against me, I'm going to make sure you're represented. I'm going to give you hope."

Lol

Wow, so unique of Pedo-Joe to say this.

Typical lying politician.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 23rd, 2020, 2:35 pm

MaxPower wrote:
adnj wrote:Biden went in the opposite direction, saying, "I'm an American president. I represent all of you. Whether you voted for me or against me, I'm going to make sure you're represented. I'm going to give you hope."

Lol

Totally agree, Biden's response was so cringy and unoriginal. Trump's line at the end, "Success Is Going to Bring Us Together" was perhaps one of the best lines of the night.

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » October 23rd, 2020, 2:35 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Kewell35 wrote:All them exit polls look so similar to the exit polls in 2016.

Exit polls are taken on election data, you can't compare an exit poll in 2016 to the various polls being done right now.

I meant the pre-election polls like on realclearpolitics and the one I was replying to above. I think they call it entrance polls instead.

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » October 23rd, 2020, 2:38 pm

teems1 wrote:You can't compare 2016 to today.

Many people voted for DT 4 years ago because he was a different perspective in DC instead of these career politicians.

You won't know until after the election. The polls looking similar if you go by each state like someone else said on here. People underestimate how much support Trump has in the US just like they did in 2016.

It would be closer than people think.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 23rd, 2020, 2:51 pm

Exactly...

I'm loving these polls :lol:

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 23rd, 2020, 3:22 pm

Kewell35 wrote:
teems1 wrote:You can't compare 2016 to today.

You won't know until after the election. The polls looking similar if you go by each state as someone else said on here. People underestimate how much support Trump has in the US just like they did in 2016.

It would be closer than people think.

The assumptions made by Pollsters in 2016 were wrong, they do something called a demographic adjustment to compensate for smaller sample sizes.

This is why polls can be statistically sound, but humans introduce their own biases based on past trends. Another issue was the 'Trump Effect' where people (or so-called undecideds)

Prior to 2016, educated Americans voted more democrat, that shifted in 2016 when they supported Trump more than previously elections. In 2020, they've said to 'correct' that, however again that can be flawed.

State polls tend to have a margin of error of ~5-6% where as national polls tend to be more accurate (though less likely to predict the election since popular vote doesn't matter) at ~4%.

5% margin of error is a lot, Biden is leading by small margins in FL, AZ, NC and PA.....if Trump get's those 4 he wins.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 23rd, 2020, 4:08 pm

2016 POLLSTERS ERRED BY NOT WEIGHING EDUCATION ON STATE LEVEL, SAYS POLITICAL ANALYST

9/24/2018

Political analyst Bill Schneider said on Monday that one of the biggest mistakes made by state pollsters in the 2016 presidential election is that they didn't give enough consideration to differences in voters' education. 

"One other mistake the pollsters made is they didn't weigh the results in the states by education," Schneider told Hill.TV's Joe Concha on "What America's Thinking." 

"Education has become a bigger and bigger factor in our politics, and it's been there for a while, differences by education, but [President] Trump has exaggerated them. There's a huge difference between the college-educated white voters and the non-college educated white voters," he continued. 

"It's the non-college educated white voters who are strong supporters of Trump, and the [state polls] never weigh for education. So the result is they didn't get the right estimates," Schneider said. "Today we have a very odd pattern, the wealthier you are, the more likely you are to vote Republican, the better educated you are, the more likely you are to vote for a Democrat." 

Fifty-two percent of voters without a college degree backed Trump in 2016, according to the Pew Research Center.

The American Association for Public Opinion Research noted in a report of the 2016 presidential election that there was an over-estimation of support for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton because state-level polls did not weigh education. 

"In 2016 there was a strong correlation between education and presidential vote in key states. Voters with higher education levels were more likely to support Clinton," the report said. 

"Furthermore, recent studies are clear that people with more formal education are significantly more likely to participate in surveys than those with less education. Many polls — especially at the state level — did not adjust their weights to correct for the over-representation of college graduates in their surveys, and the result was over-estimation of support for Clinton," it continued. 

— Julia Manchester

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-america ... -education

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 23rd, 2020, 4:23 pm

Believe it or not, Fox polls are usually right. Their polling division is serious business and not related to their circus news entertainment shows.

Polls are a close measure of popular vote. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote in 2016. The people do not vote for a President. The Electoral College members do at a later date after the election.

When voters pull the lever for president and vice president, they are actually voting to authorize competing slates of electors who will cast the official votes at a later date. Following the November popular vote, each state formally designates its electors, specifically those electors selected by the political party of—and pledged to vote for—the state’s popular vote-winning candidate. In December those electors meet in each state to cast their official electoral votes, which the states send to Washington for January’s official tally.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/10/21/can-the-electoral-college-be-subverted-by-faithless-electors/

Which can lead to a faithless elector. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 23rd, 2020, 6:01 pm

U.S. Postal Service returns 137 mail processing machines to service

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Postal Service told a U.S. judge on Friday it has returned 137 mail processing machines to service since August as it works to deliver millions of ballots.

U.S. District Judge Emmett Sullivan had ordered the return of mail sorting machines if removals could impact timely election mail deliveries ahead of the Nov. 3 presidential election.

The Postal Service said since Aug. 18, 137 mail processing machines have been returned to service and it has not removed any additional machines from service.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN2782SA

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 23rd, 2020, 9:40 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:Any of you here who actually support the orange one realize that youre dooming yourself and your family friends who live in the US??
That man is the most racial idiot in the world and sadly a majority of his supporters share his attitudes and beliefs.
GO ahead and support him and see....

And, he will be like our local tin pot dictator with no more elections to contest, meaning he will be far, far worse.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 24th, 2020, 7:22 am

'Betrayed the American people': Lou Dobbs encourages South Carolina to vote Lindsey 'Stay tuned' Graham out

By Mica Soellner

October 23, 2020 - 7:13 PM

Dobbs, a veteran TV host and staunch supporter of President Trump, criticized the South Carolina Republican over his decision not to subpoena the CEOs of Facebook and Twitter after concerns were raised about potential liberal bias in their fact-checking and social media monitoring of news articles and comments.

Dobbs pointed to unanswered questions regarding an investigation led by Graham into whether Obama administration officials had improperly targeted Trump's 2016 presidential campaign amid the Russia investigation. Graham has long gone on cable news shows hinting at major developments in his investigation, but substantial information has yet to come out about what occurred in that time frame.

"I don’t know why anyone in the great state of South Carolina would ever vote for Lindsey Graham," Dobbs said. "It is just outrageous. This is a guy who keeps saying 'stay tuned.' He said he would get to the bottom of Obamagate with the Judiciary Committee, which has been a year and a half, actually longer, of absolute inert response to these pressing issues of our day."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... graham-out

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 24th, 2020, 9:40 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Lol

Totally agree, Biden's response was so cringy and unoriginal. Trump's line at the end, "Success Is Going to Bring Us Together" was perhaps one of the best lines of the night.
But it's music to the pearl clutching democrats.

I not seeing enough gud reasons to go blue.
Trump had a good platform, but didn't make good on enough to get a passing grade.

I personally like how he mellow outwith nk and Russia.

I don't like his support of Israel.

He messed up covid, but is going to reopen businesses.
And personally, I think the economy is a bigger threat Than covid at this time.
We need to scale back some restrictions, and come to a more tenable balance of risk and lively hood.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 24th, 2020, 9:35 pm

sMASH wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Lol

Trump had a good platform, but didn't make good on enough to get a passing grade.

We need to scale back some restrictions, and come to a more tenable balance of risk and lively hood.

Those two can reside in the same space, but his refusal to even admit that things are really bad is turning quite a few people off. Can't flippantly disregard 225K deaths and now record daily infections without blowback

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 24th, 2020, 10:47 pm

De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Lol

Those two can reside in the same space, but his refusal to even admit that things are really bad is turning quite a few people off. Can't flippantly disregard 225K deaths and now record daily infections without blowback
That's the growlers in him.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 25th, 2020, 12:05 am

doing away with restrictions with winter & flu season around the corner? bad idea. our PM said there are cities where ambulances with covid patients are driving around for hours not being able to find a hospital that could take them as they are overwhelmed already. it will get worse with flu + covid.

what can keep covid in check without lockdowns is 1 simple thing- masks. but sadly many americans don't want to wear them 'ma rights'. since when someone have the right to walk around infecting ppl with a dangerous quarantinable disease.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 25th, 2020, 9:01 pm

McConnell liking himself, Trump loving himself...

US Senate votes 51-48 to advance the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court before final vote on Monday

In a rare weekend session, the US Senate on Sunday advanced the Supreme Court nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett, setting up a final confirmation vote Monday evening.

Senate Republicans were able to defeat a Democratic filibuster by a 51-48 vote, with the only GOP defections to advance the nomination coming from Sens. Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska. Collins has stated that she will oppose Barrett's final confirmation, not because of questions about her qualifications, but to adhere to not voting for Supreme Court nominees during election years. Murkowski, who is opposed to advancing a nominee so close to the election, will support Barrett in the final vote on Monday.

If confirmed to the bench, Barrett would replace the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a feminist icon who was a pillar of the Supreme Court's liberal wing for 27 years.

The Senate Democratic caucus remained firmly unified in their opposition to Barrett throughout the entire process, criticizing the nomination timetable, Barrett's omission of several key documents, and her reluctance to substantially weigh in on any policy issue during her hearings. The only member of the Democratic caucus who didn't cast a vote was Sen. Kamala Harris of California, the party's 2020 vice presidential nominee, who was campaigning in Michigan on Sunday.

More: https://www.businessinsider.com/amy-con ... te-2020-10

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 26th, 2020, 8:14 am

SWING-STATE ODDS: TRUMP GAINS GROUND, FAVORED IN FLORIDA

https://bookies.com/news/swing-state-election-odds

ImageImage

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 26th, 2020, 7:52 pm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”