TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

All Things US Politics Related: Trump indicted.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: All Things US Politics Related in a Trump run White House.

Postby shogun » February 8th, 2017, 12:27 am

Redman wrote:In your order..
-No not a good guess when there are literally THOUSANDS of inputs that move a market price.
Sudden volatility? lol I guess you just start to look... this last spike started in 2015.
The press is pretty much on par with monkeys throwing darts in terms of prediction
Trumps campaigned on a weaker dollar policy... markets would trade on that possibility before its implemented(IF)

-You in the habit of posting other peoples opinion??

Like I said asking the MSM for an true account of Trump is ignoring the reality of the campaign-disingenuous.

The media has not differentiated between their bias and straight up fabrication.
Certainly not in this campaign and they following through with it-the US politics are no different to the local politics.

The problem with your argument though, is that Trump did not "campaign on a weaker dollar policy." Trump campaigned primarily on the introduction of tariffs a border-tax regime and boosting manufacturing. He can't have it both ways? We all know that both those directions are at odds with each other. That's the thing. Trump seems to be all over the map. Just like he is with almost every other policy direction he claims to want to take. Making public statements (which is highly unusual) only added to the uncertainty in the market. Especially since he and his administration has put forward NO economic plan. Secondly, i'm not sure it's the "opinion of others" when clearly i'm saying it's the opinion I also hold? Or did Trump ban that as well?

If you're having problems differentiating between spin and outright fabrication, i'd say that's on you.

A US press secretary (Keep in mind he's now a representative of the office of president and not Trumps personal press secretary, BTW) walking into a press conference and declaring Trumps inaugural crowd was the "largest in history" and then walking out (without taking questions) is straight up verifiable BS. Yet somehow 80% of his supporters STILL believe him/them on a repeatedly proven falsehood. Trump lumping CNN's story to the direction Buzzfeed decided to go with it and seeking to delegitimize both media outlets, because he didn't like either, was also easily verifiable BS, not to mention dangerous. Yet his supporters are now chanting "fake news" in every social media platform associated with CNN, they can. Or Kellyanne Con-Away's completely made up, fictitious "Bowling Green" massacre to help defend Trumps ban, is another example. There seems to be an unusually chronic NEW level of fabrication and not being in touch with reality, in Trumps administration. There also seems to be a concerted effort to apply false equivalence to slanted or biased media AND what they are engaging in. Which is outright lies, deflection and complete fabrication, because they realize that Trumps rabid, gullible followers, will swallow anything. Are there biased media outlets? Yes. Some more than others. There are avenues to help pick sense from nonsense and truth from lies. It's not in the least noble of those on the right to keep crying foul and complain about the "Mainstream media" whenever it's a story that hurts, yet totally ignore the absolute insanity pouring out of their party.

RASC wrote:Trump to sign executive order on the 28th of February to assist HBCU's

He is also to meet with all the presidents of these historically black colleges and universities to hear their issues and concerns.

... Please remind me - when did Obama sign an executive order to help his own people or even the failing Chicago?

Just checking. Carry on.

ROFL. Poor RASC.

I surprised you show up in here again after that sycophant-like/cheerleader post yesterday. :lol:

Just so we get this straight. Are you saying that the photo-op executive order is the only way to "help?"

Obama directed more than $200 million to initiatives targeted towards black and inner city youth all over the country. He also held several, not publicized meetings with youth specifically in Chicago.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whiteh ... Report.pdf

See RASC, what you fail to understand is that Obama has always been reluctant to target assistance based solely on race, because of his own racial make-up and the fact that there are more poor/in-need, white and "other" communities/youth, than there are black. That's just a fact (go read about the statistics on the Meth and Prescription drug abuse among American youth) Obama understood the terrible optics to playing favorites, when he's supposed to represent ALL of America and Americans. I wouldn't expect anything more from Trump's race baited cheerleaders though. Obama was organizing poor black communities, after graduating and moving into politics, while Trump and his father were busy coming up with secret codes to discriminate and deny minorities housing at his housing developments. Symbolic gestures mean nothing, brah. Lets see what substantive actions his administration takes going forward
Last edited by shogun on February 8th, 2017, 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 8th, 2017, 10:45 am

Sooooo any of you travel to the us since the executive order? Muslim or Muslim name? Any issues?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 8th, 2017, 11:44 am

^ I applied for my son Visa yesterday........will let you know how it went. (Non Muslim name though)

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 8th, 2017, 12:15 pm

WOW she actually thinks that Bush is the current President yes, and check the look on the faces of them people around here when she said it. Trying all how to correct her but couldn't say anything lol

Trump was right set term limits, get rid of these people who want to remain in congress until they are 105 years old.
Either they are going senile or they are falling asleep, get rid of them and let young blood come in with new ideas those who won't obstruct progress and who is willing to make a change.

John Mc Cain is another senile lunatic on the Republican side, he even admits he is senile yet he is somehow still there?

Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on February 8th, 2017, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » February 8th, 2017, 12:20 pm

There is a great attraction for the US. When I get blank for a VISA, I will move on. There are other places to visit.
Protestors have a placard with the word illegal on it as if they do not know that if it is illegal, then the US has a right to take whatever Lawful action that is deemed necessary.

Best of luck with ............

daas
Shifting into 6th

Postby daas » February 8th, 2017, 1:40 pm

^^ That simple if you haven't applied as yet. Go to Europe with no hassle and peace of mind. Even as an LPR currently studying in Trini i'm contemplating if to return. Then again I risk abandoning the 'privilege' so not an easy decision either way.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 8th, 2017, 5:52 pm

Trump was advocating a weaker dollar policy more than a year ago....and spoke repeatedly of stepping away from the historical strong dollar strategy that was the norm.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 8th, 2017, 7:01 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:WOW she actually thinks that Bush is the current President yes, and check the look on the faces of them people around here when she said it. Trying all how to correct her but couldn't say anything lol
what about the Bowling Green Massacre or all the other Alternative Facts?

Trump's alternative facts caused the George Orwell book 1984 to sell out on Amazon.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 9th, 2017, 11:35 pm

Now Chump gets a Ninth Circuit Court 3-0 beat down on his travel ban. His response "see you in court" to which a Democratic Senator replied "Mr President, we already saw you in court and we beat you" :lol: :lol:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 10th, 2017, 12:21 am

Every day is a circus

Trump and Conway using the White House and office of the president to promote family business.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » February 10th, 2017, 2:34 am

What's worse is you have the President of the United States, a man that ran on protecting American jobs and companies bullying an American owned company that employs 83,000 people, because they dropped his daughter's clothing line due to poor sales.

Then, as if that wasn't inappropriate enough, you have Trump's son joining in and going full SJW and signaling the flock to "cut-up" their Nordstrom cards and possibly hurt an American company.

Isn't this the free-market crowd? Isn't this textbook conflict of interest?

Average Americans elected this guy to solve their problems and all he and the first family are concerned with is profiting off their positions. I think Trump wants to get impeached, yes. Insanity. And we're only two weeks in.

Where the Trump apologists?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 10th, 2017, 7:15 am

In B4 ED and RASC............

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 10th, 2017, 8:20 am

Seems about right

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (56.44 KiB) Viewed 2164 times

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 10th, 2017, 9:03 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Every day is a circus

Trump and Conway using the White House and office of the president to promote family business.

clinton foundation was even worse with just the secretary of state position.. imagine the presidency...

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » February 10th, 2017, 9:35 am

Putin must be killing himself laughing!
Maybe all of this was Putin master plan.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » February 10th, 2017, 11:44 am

Bad news for the Clinton crew.

When you have no political clout the money stops rolling in.

The Clinton Foundation Shuts Down Clinton Global Initiative
On January 12, a WARN notice was filed with the New York Department of Labor—the main office of the Clinton Global Initiative would be closing

The Clinton Foundation’s long list of wealthy donors and foreign government contributors during the 2016 elections provoked critics to allege conflicts of interests. Clinton partisans defended the organization’s charitable work, and dismissed claims that it served as a means for the Clintons to sell off access, market themselves on the paid speech circuit, and elevate their brand as Hillary Clinton campaigned for the presidency.

But as soon as Clinton lost the election, many of the criticisms directed toward the Clinton Foundation were reaffirmed. Foreign governments began pulling out of annual donations, signaling the organization’s clout was predicated on donor access to the Clintons, rather than its philanthropic work. In November, the Australian government confirmed it “has not renewed any of its partnerships with the scandal-plagued Clinton Foundation, effectively ending 10 years of taxpayer-funded contributions worth more than $88 million.” The government of Norway also drastically reduced their annual donations, which reached $20 million a year in 2015.

http://observer.com/2017/01/the-clinton ... nitiative/

Chelsea Clinton's Husband Closes His Hedge Fund

Eaglevale Partners, the hedge fund co-founded by Marc Mezvinsky, the son-in-law of Hillary and Bill Clinton, closed in December, according to a person with knowledge of the matter.

Eaglevale, based in New York, is in the process of returning money to clients, said the person who asked not to be named because the firm is private.

Eaglevale was started by former Goldman Sachs Group Inc. traders Bennett Grau, Mark Mallon and Mezvinsky in 2011. They had previously worked together on the bank’s global macro proprietary-trading desk.

A spokesman for Eaglevale declined to comment on the news, which was reported earlier by Hedge Fund Alert.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... d-to-close

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » February 10th, 2017, 1:45 pm

People seein' this sh!t? Those "responses" say it all... :lol:

Men gone full Kellyanne Conway as a spurned girlfriend, up in here. No rebuttal necessary. Delicioso...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 10th, 2017, 3:37 pm

shogun wrote:People seein' this sh!t? Those "responses" say it all... :lol:

Men gone full Kellyanne Conway as a spurned girlfriend, up in here. No rebuttal necessary. Delicioso...

lol red herrings

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 10th, 2017, 10:12 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
shogun wrote:People seein' this sh!t? Those "responses" say it all... :lol:

lol red herrings

Even the Republican Ethics head was forced issued a joint statement with his Democratic partner calling for sanctions against Conway. Mind you he has steadfastly refused to look at Trumps's myriad conflicts of interest issues, so maybe it is a smokescreen.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 10th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Republican congressman booed at town hall

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » February 10th, 2017, 11:05 pm

Holy crap...

What is going on?

Like I said. Trump has no mandate. GOP better tread carefully

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 10th, 2017, 11:10 pm

Now even the EU doesn't want Trump's representative..........
http://www.google.tt/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... GJKQsyRQUQ

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 11th, 2017, 8:29 am

If you guys gonna come here gushing with every obnoxious tweet and protest -it will be a loooong 100 days.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » February 11th, 2017, 12:12 pm

Steups...

How low does the bar go though Redman?

If only Trinis would organize/protest like that, I'd bet we'd drum-up enough political will to get sheit done.

Anyone see this?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 11th, 2017, 5:19 pm

Uh the bar was set pretty low when the best that the US political system could come up with were HRC and DT.

And of those 2 DT (IMHO) was the better choice at this time.Based on the amount of war that occurred under the last President I believe the worst thing that could have happened is electing the Sec of State that presided over these wars.

After 2 years of DT tweeting crap and promising to build a wall...Why the surprise and the self righteous expectations ?
beats me....but like him or not he has a significant following and just because SJW feel the need to shout and scream ....he is there for 4 years and he will do his thing....he has a mandate...and he has been doing just what he says he will do.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/featur ... 24721.html

Very interesting perspective

You are seeing protests but there are also MANY who are in agreement that he is the best man for the job(from those that offered themselves)

BHO deported 2.5M during his term but now because we have DT in office who called out the press dynamic and showed the systemic issues wrt the press...All of a sudden deportees are getting CNN air time.

With the medias support of HRC..I dont expect DT to get a fair shake.
The Vid with the Japanese PM ...could be spliced to show many things...depending on what you want to show.
I dont think either of them care about the handshake.

This executive order on immigration has been challenged and overturned by the courts-the system seems to be working-and he has said that he might make some changes next week---oddly what ever the result you realize the PEOPLE have had their say.
And whatever the new system it would have been as a result of a ton load more input from the people.
Seems pretty democratic to me.(whether intended or not)

It also shows that the office of the President is not all powerful-and much of what he said he will do he will need support for.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » February 11th, 2017, 6:23 pm

As someone more familiar with the legal system of this country, any lawyer can tell you that Trump has attempted to challenge the democratic process. He thought his order was above both state and federal law. Fortunately, the legal system is designed to have states challenge the decision of federal government and this is exactly with Washington State has done. The Court of Appeals, the second highest court in the land, fortunately overturned a racially and religiously divisive precedent.

Now he wants to go after the federal judges' decision and take it straight up to Supreme Court, which, mind you, is NOT checked. The entire country is up in arms, and many of Trump's supporters are now jumping ship. He is burning bridges not only within this country but also with other nations. He is unhinged and dangerous....tweeting and ranting when things don't go his way. Yet, some suggest he is more diplomatic than Obama was? What a bunch of bullocks!

What I never understood with some of you Trinidadians is investing in the politics of a country you don't pay taxes in. Nor do you hold citizenships to this country. Read, investigate, challenge and argue about the conditions in your own backyard. Murders are rampant (an average of 2 murders a day since the start of the year), yet you don't hold your government officials responsible to demand change. The value of your dollar is depreciating and both the natural resources and tourists are exiting stage left.

You have so much more to focus on locally, but instead line up ready to suck DJT's dack and excuse the behavior of a man who likely does not know your location on a map.

Your priorities..where are they?
Last edited by AbstractPoetic on February 11th, 2017, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SammyPolly
Street 2NR

Postby SammyPolly » February 11th, 2017, 7:42 pm

Serious crackdown on "illegal immigrants" happening now. Expect some trinis to return.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 12th, 2017, 12:08 am

AbstractPoetic wrote:As someone more familiar with the legal system of this country, any lawyer can tell you that Trump has attempted to challenge the democratic process. He thought his order was above both state and federal law. Fortunately, the legal system is designed to have states challenge the decision of federal government and this is exactly with Washington State has done. The Court of Appeals, the second highest court in the land, fortunately overturned a racially and religiously divisive precedent.

Now he wants to go after the federal judges' decision and take it straight up to Supreme Court, which, mind you, is NOT checked. The entire country is up in arms, and many of Trump's supporters are now jumping ship. He is burning bridges not only within this country but also with other nations. He is unhinged and dangerous....tweeting and ranting when things don't go his way. Yet, some suggest he is more diplomatic than Obama was? What a bunch of bullocks!

What I never understood with some of you Trinidadians is investing in the politics of a country you don't pay taxes in. Nor do you hold citizenships to this country. Read, investigate, challenge and argue about the conditions in your own backyard. Murders are rampant (an average of 2 murders a day since the start of the year), yet you don't hold your government officials responsible to demand change. The value of your dollar is depreciating and both the natural resources and tourists are exiting stage left.

You have so much more to focus on locally, but instead line up ready to suck DJT's dack and excuse the behavior of a man who likely does not know your location on a map.

The entire country is up in nothing. Most of the US is back to normal, is just that Generation Daycare are in the denial phase since November.

I have no problem with Trump's EO being challenged legally. If Trump wants to take it to the supreme court, he has the legal right to do so, just like someone here in Trinidad can take their case all the way up to the Privy Council. If the Supreme Court overturns the ruling and reinstate the ban, well hard luck the man won his case and all you can do is salt.

You don't seem to be paying attention but we have been talking about T&T and its issues in other threads. We talk about the US because they are the #1 superpower, we use their financial system, we import items from them, most have family living there, many have been or currently studying there, we view their entertainment, we have US interests here in the country... AND we all know that once the US sneeze, T&T and most countries around the world catch the cold.

You talking about this thread where your tuner history shows that you spend most of your time... on this same thread since last year October :| You should be studying ICE since they rounding up illegals all now. Next thing you get deported and end up in a 2x4 board house squatting on state land.

and for comic relief by AbstractPoetic...

AbstractPoetic wrote:My prediction for tonight's results:

See you lads on the other side. :)

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: RE: Re: All Things US Politics Related in a Trump run White House.

Postby Dizzy28 » February 12th, 2017, 8:42 am

AbstractPoetic wrote:As someone more familiar with the legal system of this country, any lawyer can tell you that Trump has attempted to challenge the democratic process. He thought his order was above both state and federal law. Fortunately, the legal system is designed to have states challenge the decision of federal government and this is exactly with Washington State has done. The Court of Appeals, the second highest court in the land, fortunately overturned a racially and religiously divisive precedent.

This is just funny given that you were a frequent poster in the 2015 Trinidad GE thread. Which tax do you pay in Trinidad?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 12th, 2017, 8:56 am

The butt hurt from the loss is real.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”