TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

All Things US Politics Related: Trump indicted.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

meccalli
punchin NOS

Re: All Things US Politics Related in a Trump run White House.

Postby meccalli » November 14th, 2018, 7:41 am

shogun wrote:Acolyte (1) A person assisting a priest in a religious service or procession. (2) An assistant or follower.

You're sure you didn't mean this?
shogun wrote:rabid, almost cult-like followers/supporters

I mean it's obvious his support base can't wait to build bombs and shoot Jews and he obviously told them to do so.
There are crazies in every faction of society, everyone knows this but instead chooses to play politics with deranged people.
Statistically, we would have to blame Obama for the amount of mass shootings that occurred under his administration, some 162 events. Similarly the young man who worked on Obama's campaign who vandalized a synagogue earlier this month.

People want something to blame other than themselves and their own actions towards each other.
As much as you think politics differs in terms of scale, the basics are the same.
Parties and People who elect leaders. The problems plaguing us in our own country are the result of the same sick relationship between us and them, both between fellow citizens and now immigrants and refugees.

shogun wrote:cult-like followers/supporters, that hang on almost every word he utters and takes what he says as gospel

You sure you not talking about Dr. Rowley?

linton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby linton » November 14th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Dr Rowley uses WMD's.weapons of mass distraction.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » November 15th, 2018, 6:00 am

Thaz the reply you're going with meccali? Where to even begin with that failed attempt to gish gallop and convolute the discussion with so much garbage and whataboutism that some readers don't know where the facts are and give up. Typical for your ilk and partisan right wingers with no leg to stand on. Mind you, YOU were the one questioning my choice of argument in a previous post, eh? Let that sink in.

meccalli wrote:
shogun wrote:Acolyte (1) A person assisting a priest in a religious service or procession. (2) An assistant or follower.

meccalli wrote:His so called 'acolytes' as YOU put them

So in fact, I didn't say. It's just what the word means.

meccalli wrote:I mean it's obvious his support base can't wait to build bombs and shoot Jews and he obviously told them to do so.
There are crazies in every faction of society, everyone knows this but instead chooses to play politics with deranged people.
Statistically, we would have to blame Obama for the amount of mass shootings that occurred under his administration, some 162 events. Similarly the young man who worked on Obama's campaign who vandalized a synagogue earlier this month.

And Trump's first year ended with twice as many mass shootings many as Obama's first. So, what's your point? I don't think I blamed Trump for the mass shooting epidemic, did I? Dude, you're not making any sense? None.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/trumps-fi ... as/5629856

Just the fact that you're attempting to equate a volunteer that worked on Obama's campaign in 07/08 and his vandalism charge a few days ago, to a rabid Trump supporter who parroted Trump's hateful rhetoric to the point he had them decaled on his truck and resulting with many of the people plastered on the side of that truck receiving pipe-bombs in the mail, further proves just how much reaching, deception and disingenuousness you're engaging in. Because we ALL remember those Obama speeches where he talked about the ill's of Synagogues to society and how Un-American they all were, right? Your arguments are ridiculous. meccali, what the actual fcuk dude? :lol: :lol: Yuh failin' and flailin'

meccalli wrote:People want something to blame other than themselves and their own actions towards each other.
As much as you think politics differs in terms of scale, the basics are the same.
Parties and People who elect leaders. The problems plaguing us in our own country are the result of the same sick relationship between us and them, both between fellow citizens and now immigrants and refugees.

shogun wrote:cult-like followers/supporters, that hang on almost every word he utters and takes what he says as gospel

You sure you not talking about Dr. Rowley?

I found this "contribution" the most telling and hypocritical. Here you're preaching to me about "People wanting to blame others, rather than look at themselves" THEN turn around and demonize PNM/Hinds/Rowley and their supporters as being "cult-like followers" and sycophants, when you were just talking about "crazies being everywhere in society." Wouldn't that apply to sycophants, idiots, the gullible and the rest of the gamut? What? You don't think Kamla/the UNC has sycophants/partisan Indo-tribalists/ gullibles and everything in between that make up some of that degenerate statistic as well, JUST like the PNM? Why then the almost laser like focus on ONLY the PNM's faults and peccadilloes, Mr fairness and balance? We went from Hinds to Rowley? What next? :lol: There are numerous PNM cheds in the forum. Please focus and stick to the topic within reason nuh?

Like I said meccali. Yuh in a mess. :lol:

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » November 15th, 2018, 7:50 am

You just can't get through to everyone I guess. Last time I checked Kamla wasn't a man, and why is your memory so short or rather selective? Nitpicking and getting triggered over memes and veiled terminology. You're no different from ED, just the other side of the coin.

shogun wrote:What? You don't think Kamla/the UNC has sycophants/partisan Indo-tribalists/ gullibles and everything in between that make up some of that degenerate statistic as well, JUST like the PNM? Why then the almost laser like focus on ONLY the PNM's faults and peccadilloes, Mr fairness and balance?

meccalli wrote:No different from UNC and PNM sheep.
I guess when a pnm voter guns down a family, we should blame rowley since hinds say, 'kill dem dead"? Maybe the unc supporters who criticize him of inciting violence are just outright idiots or making mountains out of molehills. Maybe a combination of both...

Seems you missed the defense of pnm's leadership from the action of their supporters and the critique of unc idiots who legitimately think this was an verbal attack to inspire violence against indians...

shogun wrote:almost cult-like followers/supporters, that hang on almost every word he utters and takes what he says as gospel

If you can't get basic gender agreement right without tripping off on another rant, I think you're the one, who's in fact, as you put it,
"In a mess."
I can't blame you anyway, I know there's an aversion to the use of he/she pronouns on your end.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » November 15th, 2018, 8:18 am

shogun wrote:Just the fact that you're attempting to equate a volunteer that worked on Obama's campaign in 07/08 and his vandalism charge a few days ago, to a rabid Trump supporter who parroted Trump's hateful rhetoric to the point he had them decaled on his truck and resulting with many of the people plastered on the side of that truck receiving pipe-bombs in the mail, further proves just how much reaching, deception and disingenuousness you're engaging in. Because we ALL remember those Obama speeches where he talked about the ill's of Synagogues to society and how Un-American they all were, right? Your arguments are ridiculous. meccali, what the actual fcuk dude? Yuh failin' and flailin'

And we all remember Trump telling persons to shoot Jews and build bombs, paint their cars, or go hang themselves or jump off bridges.

People will continue to do acts of violence on their own terms and reasons, regardless of who's got the badge of president, what you said is exactly why I used that example. Obama is considered the antithesis of Trump, yet for all his kind words and inspiring speeches of unity and anti-violence, heinous acts of mass violence uncharacteristic of all previous presidents surged to unprecedented levels that have yet to be challenged.
Looking at persons who take the current context of events to their extreme to bolster their own hatred and ideologies in order to gain a sense of historical support is a poor and naive way of parsing events. Reminds of every time trump condemns something people want to blame him for, they blame him even more.

You're in the same category of folks you condemn, painting with a brush as big as the states themselves. I know it's unimaginable for you to think there's folks who try to be neutral. No matter who's in power or who you support is ever going to fix the issues in the world that you deem important. It comes down to individual responsibility for your attitude towards each other.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 15th, 2018, 7:06 pm

Yeah Obama was a joke, he only talk about peace from he teleprompter script that was written by one of his staff and everybody cheered what an awesome gentleman, meanwhile terrorism reached unprecedented levels under him along with drug overdose and a dying middle class with nearly every manufacturing job being shipped out and him supporting TPP while he swept it under the rug while the other idiots talked about how amazing his wife education was from the big ivy league school.

Obama supported the "free syrian army" by giving them guns so they could topple Assad and his government, and funny how the "free syrian army" was ISIS all along.

And we have people still so dotish to not see that he was no different from anyother US President before him, PRO WAR.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » November 16th, 2018, 4:43 am

Two posts though? Should I report mecalli for trigger theft?

meccalli wrote:You just can't get through to everyone I guess. Last time I checked Kamla wasn't a man, and why is your memory so short or rather selective? Nitpicking and getting triggered over memes and veiled terminology.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What???

No, seriously, What?!!?!? Bizarre. Anyone in tuner-land care to explain that argument to me? I'm still confused as to the relevance of gender in ANY of this? Anyone? meccali appears to be arguing with himself. Want me to give you a lil privacy, man?

Triggered? Dude, YOU were the one that took the time and energy to find/select/upload a meme. I merely responded AND explained why. You aight?

meccalli wrote:No different from UNC and PNM sheep.
I guess when a pnm voter guns down a family, we should blame rowley since hinds say, 'kill dem dead"? Maybe the unc supporters who criticize him of inciting violence are just outright idiots or making mountains out of molehills. Maybe a combination of both...

Seems you missed the defense of pnm's leadership from the action of their supporters and the critique of unc idiots who legitimately think this was an verbal attack to inspire violence against indians...

And what about the Indian families that are PNM supporters? Because I know a few and related to a few others. Does Hinds want them dead as well? Just asking.

So in review, Rowley IS guilty because Kamla says Hinds said "kill them dead" without giving context, or having ANY empirical evidence.

However, Trump is NOT guilty even though we have video and audio evidence of him, with FULL context making equally dangerous statements.... MANY times over (and that's if anyone believed Hinds would mean something like that literally.) Okay, cool. Got it.

Think we should just agree to disagree, because this is pointless.... we're going in circles. Believe whatever you like, man.

meccalli wrote:
shogun wrote:almost cult-like followers/supporters, that hang on almost every word he utters and takes what he says as gospel

If you can't get basic gender agreement right without tripping off on another rant, I think you're the one, who's in fact, as you put it,
"In a mess."
I can't blame you anyway, I know there's an aversion to the use of he/she pronouns on your end.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And there's the he cherry on the WTF cake. Again bizarre as all fcuk. You seem to have several hang ups that you're unloading/projecting in here and getting upset with me, for some reason? Dude, again! gender has no relevance in any of these arguments. Here I was thinking the argument's salience was pointing out the fact that sycophancy shills, partisans can and do exist not solely in the PNM, but I guess the TRUE argument was actually focusing on the gender difference between Kams/Trump/Rowley and how that changes the politician/party/public dynamic? What did I just read in here dred? LOL!!!

meccalli wrote:And we all remember Trump telling persons to shoot Jews and build bombs, paint their cars, or go hang themselves or jump off bridges.

People will continue to do acts of violence on their own terms and reasons, regardless of who's got the badge of president, what you said is exactly why I used that example. Obama is considered the antithesis of Trump, yet for all his kind words and inspiring speeches of unity and anti-violence, heinous acts of mass violence uncharacteristic of all previous presidents surged to unprecedented levels that have yet to be challenged.
Looking at persons who take the current context of events to their extreme to bolster their own hatred and ideologies in order to gain a sense of historical support is a poor and naive way of parsing events. Reminds of every time trump condemns something people want to blame him for, they blame him even more.

You're in the same category of folks you condemn, painting with a brush as big as the states themselves. I know it's unimaginable for you to think there's folks who try to be neutral. No matter who's in power or who you support is ever going to fix the issues in the world that you deem important. It comes down to individual responsibility for your attitude towards each other.

Actually, Trump was repeating onstage that the Caravan was being funded by Soros (A Jew.)
The suspect even apologized and said he wrongfully believed the rhetoric coming out of the right-wing media houses and being repeated by Trump, about the caravan.

http://time.com/5438151/pittsburgh-syna ... t-court-2/
https://www.vox.com/2018/10/29/18037580 ... sh-caravan

meccalli wrote:Obama is considered the antithesis of Trump, yet for all his kind words and inspiring speeches of unity and anti-violence, heinous acts of mass violence uncharacteristic of all previous presidents surged to unprecedented levels that have yet to be challenged.

They have been challenged and surpassed, by the way.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... rimes-2017

And I wonder why was that? Could it have anything to do with the increased tension in Washington and between the constituents because an African American person was now their President? An economy that was losing 800,000 jobs a month? Millions of families losing their homes? A dying Auto and housing industry? An impending financial meltdown caused by the large banks and Republicans' terrible policies and which triggered a global recession that took YEARS to recover from? Two unpaid for wars? (They left it for Obama to FINALLY put the cost on the books.) Being faced with fear over the rise of new terrorist groups like ISIS ? Thousands of Americans coming home in bodybags, severely maimed or suffering from PTSD, Maybe? I mean, I don't get why a population would become more chaotic under circumstances like those? So, it's all Obama? Cool. Once again agree to disagree, because this is pointless.

Maybe some of this? US Facing Surge in Right-Wing Extremists and Militias (2010)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/ ... ist-groups

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » November 16th, 2018, 6:09 am

Feigning ignorance was the same tactic used by unc's tribalist bloggers whenever they throw around Hind's statement btw. It's the same tactic RedVevo like to use to win arguments.
Yes, surely wasting time.
meccalli wrote:People will continue to do acts of violence on their own terms and reasons, regardless of who's got the badge of president

shogun wrote:So, it's all Obama? Cool.

http://noahpinionblog.blogspot.com/2013 ... ng-to.html
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you actually are pretending.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » November 16th, 2018, 6:16 am

Nice argument, man. A blog by some dude with nothing relevant to myself, or the arguments I put forward. Thanks for the heads up, i guess?

Wait, you think REDVEVO wins arguments? Or that that, is what this is about? Cool.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 16th, 2018, 8:39 pm

Democratic hit list: At least 85 Trump investigation targets

Now that they're set to assume control of the House, there are at least 85 topics that Democrats have said they'd target — or are expected to target — in the forthcoming torrent of investigations and subpoenas to be directed at the Trump White House, according to Axios' reporting and analysis of members' public comments.

Between the lines: Don‘t expect everything all at once. Incoming House Intel Committee Chair Adam Schiff told "Axios on HBO" that each committee plans to prioritize what they view as the most pressing topics, which he says range from Trump's potential business dealings with Russia to where things currently stand with North Korea.

Jonathan Swan wrote in August that Republicans had already catalogued numerous oversight targets that Democrats had signaled, including:

- President Trump’s tax returns
- Trump family businesses — and whether they comply with the Constitution's emoluments clause, including the Chinese trademark grant to the Trump Organization
- Trump's dealings with Russia, including the president's preparation for his meeting with Vladimir Putin
- The payment to Stephanie Clifford — a.k.a. Stormy Daniels
- James Comey's firing
- Trump's firing of U.S. attorneys
- Trump's proposed transgender ban for the military
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin's business dealings
- White House staff's personal email use
- Cabinet secretary travel, office expenses, and other misused perks
- Discussion of classified information at Mar-a-Lago
- Jared Kushner's ethics law compliance
- Dismissal of members of the EPA board of scientific counselors
- The travel ban
- Family separation policy
- Hurricane response in Puerto Rico
- Election security and hacking attempts
- White House security clearances

More: https://www.axios.com/2018-midterm-elec ... 0db6c.html

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 16th, 2018, 9:08 pm

LOL at War Mongering Democrat and good friend of Obama, Creepy Joe Biden honoring the War Criminal George Bush with medals and sh!t for his illegal Iraq War where he murdered over half a million innocent people.

Here nah it doh get any better than this nah.

And all these nasty fckers does want to talk about Trump?

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » November 21st, 2018, 12:39 am

Trump ready to begin drawdown of troops at US-Mexico border

Donald Trump is poised to start withdrawing troops from the US-Mexico border as early as this week, according to a report that prompted instant criticism that their deployment was a political stunt.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ico-border

Well, that was quick and convenient? Guess that violent caravan is no longer an issue? Whew! America dodged the bullet. lol

Ivanka Trump used a personal email account to send hundreds of emails about government business last year

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... usiness-on

Lock her up?

Trump reportedly tried to order the Justice Department to prosecute Clinton and Comey

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/20/18105462 ... er-justice

Nice. Nothing authoritarian or dictator-esque there at all.

Somewhere in hell Nixon is grinning over the fact that he's no longer the most corrupt and potentially dangerous President to ever hold office. America is in deep sheit.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those red hats/tin-foil hats are an interesting bunch.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 21st, 2018, 5:34 am

Tattooed guy looking like a future version of Erectile D, complete with greased down hair, Democrat hating, Trump gargling :lol: :lol:

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » November 23rd, 2018, 7:06 am

ED you can't get off Rowley's nuts with science and marijuana. Thoughts on this?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 23rd, 2018, 9:17 am

^ LOL @ tweet

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 23rd, 2018, 10:45 am

it moved to california

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » November 23rd, 2018, 6:08 pm

You bothering with ED, mero?

I posted this link in here at least a year ago and ED had nothing to say.

Trump Administration Restricts News from Federal Scientists at USDA, EPA
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -usda-epa/

Got more than a few laughs at Trump blaming the California fires on "not raking the forest floors, like Finland"

Dude is a living meme. :lol:

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 25th, 2018, 7:41 pm

Well Mero the Trump administration has problems understanding science, this is much is clear not just from Trump's tweet but people in his administration, Jeff Sessions was a prime example as I have stated many times. I still think they are not as dotish as the PNM but they are pretty high up there with the Anti Science mumbo jumbo. (Note Rowley is essentially a Black Trump) And you does support PNM 100% so you should be the last person complaining about Trump. As has stated many times on this thread the PNM is the local version of the GOP, they both believe god exists and they are both Anti Science.

The Democrats are Pro Science but their ties to big profit corporations make them way too corrupt to even be of any help. If you gullible enough to think the Dems give 2 sh!ts about global warming then I bridge to sell you that connects Trinidad to Tobago.

Right now if any progress is to be made, the democratic party needs progressives like Ocasio Cortez as I have stated already but Shogun loves to omit that part.

Again I am on the side of science, which is why no sane person believes Hillary gives a flying fck about anything except herself and her donors. There has never ever been a person in history willing to drop everything they stand for at the first sign of a change in an opinion poll quite like this woman. This is what 80% of the Democrat party is made up off which makes them even more garbage than the GOP, atleast the GOP has the balls to stand by their own dotishness.

mero

Postby mero » November 25th, 2018, 11:29 pm

Are you a real person?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 26th, 2018, 12:31 pm

mero wrote:Are you a real person?

Only real with Erectile, is he really loves dat GOP tolee

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 27th, 2018, 7:14 pm

the migrant caravan reach US yet?

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » November 27th, 2018, 11:10 pm

LOL!

Anyone read ED's reply properly? :lol: ED create a whole ecosystem of nonsensical contradictions and garbage up in that bubble of his. Go ED!

redmanjp wrote:the migrant caravan reach US yet?

Not yet. Have a feeling they'll be returning just in time for the next elections, when the flock might require another feeding.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 4th, 2018, 8:34 am

the all caring govt state agencies

matr1x

Postby matr1x » December 4th, 2018, 1:23 pm

The caravan have mostly ms13 recruiting, and the like

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » December 4th, 2018, 1:53 pm

I not reading 94 pages to get caught up on the thread. I love Trump. So what allyuh have to say now? Who like im and who eh like im?.. and why?

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » December 4th, 2018, 7:51 pm

lol. Okay.

Serious?/sarcasm? I mean, what is anyone supposed to say when someone puts forward an "argument" like that? Especially when I can't think of ANY politician that earns that kind of praise? Lmao. This place getting more and more strange, yes.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 7th, 2018, 12:02 am

seeing a headline, bomb scare in cnn office, and its being evacutated... not much more details than that

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » December 7th, 2018, 12:13 am

Again? The hell.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » December 12th, 2018, 9:32 pm

Google idiot

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 13th, 2018, 11:18 am

https://wnep.com/2018/12/12/michael-cohen-sentenced-to-three-years-in-prison/

Michael Cohen Sentenced to Three Years in Prison

POSTED 1:56 PM, DECEMBER 12, 2018, BY CNN WIRE, UPDATED AT 01:53PM, DECEMBER 12, 2018

President Donald Trump's former lawyer and "fixer," Michael Cohen, said he takes "full responsibility" for the actions that he has previously pleaded guilty to during his appearance in a New York federal court on Wednesday.

President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and fixer, Michael Cohen, was sentenced Wednesday to three years in prison after saying he took “full responsibility” for his actions while at the same time blaming the President.

His sentence will be the longest thus far for anyone involved with the President or stemming from special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

“I take full responsibility for each act that I pled guilty to: The personal ones to me and those involving the President of the United States of America,” Cohen said.

But he also said he was living in a “personal and mental” prison since he started working for Trump.

“Recently the President tweeted a statement calling me weak and it was correct but for a much different reason than he was implying. It was because time and time again I felt it was my duty to cover up his dirty deeds,” Cohen said.

“This may seem hard to believe, but today is one of the most meaningful days of my life,” Cohen added later. “I have been living in a personal and mental incarceration ever since the day that I accepted the offer to work for a real estate mogul whose business acumen that I deeply admired.”

Inside the courtroom, Cohen’s family was visibly emotional. Cohen did not speak to reporters upon leaving the courthouse.

He previously pleaded guilty to eight criminal counts brought by federal prosecutors in New York, and received 36 months for those crimes. Cohen also pleaded guilty to one count of lying to Congress from Mueller’s team, for which he was sentenced to two months.

Cohen will serve the sentences concurrently.

US District Judge William Pauley described the crimes that Cohen had pleaded guilty to as “a veritable smorgasbord of fraudulent conduct” before announcing his sentence.

Pauley also ordered Cohen to pay $1.39 million in restitution, forfeit $500,000 and pay a $50,000 fine. Cohen was ordered to report to prison in March.

‘Eroded faith in the electoral process’
Cohen’s attorney, Guy Petrillo, offered a sweeping case for leniency, comparing the significance of Cohen’s actions and the work of the special counsel to the Watergate investigation.

“The cooperation here should be viewed against a non-standard framework,” Petrillo said. The special counsel’s office “investigation is of utmost national significance, no less than seen 40 years ago in Watergate.”

Petrillo described the stakes of Cohen’s cooperation with Mueller to the courtroom, saying that when Cohen came forward to help the special counsel, “he knew the President might shut down the investigation,” and later describing Cohen’s time working for Trump as a “misfortune.”

“He came forward to offer evidence against the most powerful person in our country,” Petrillo said.

However, Assistant US Attorney Nicholas Roos, who spoke on behalf of the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, told the courtroom Cohen’s campaign finance crimes carried a “tremendous societal cost.”

“In committing these crimes, Mr. Cohen has eroded faith in the electoral process and compromised the rule of law,” Roos said.

Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer, pleaded guilty in August to two campaign finance violations tied to payments he had made or orchestrated to women during the campaign to stay silent about alleged sexual encounters with Trump, five counts of tax fraud and one count of making false statements to a bank. Trump has denied the affairs.

In that filing, prosecutors say that Cohen “acted in coordination with and at the direction of” Trump in executing the payments.

Cohen also pleaded guilty last month to a charge from Mueller’s office of lying to Congress about how long discussions involving a proposed Trump Tower in Moscow had extended into the 2016 campaign.

Petrillo added that Cohen couldn’t “anticipate the full measure of attack that would be made against him — not only by the President, who continues to say that people who cooperate like Mr. Cohen are weaklings … but also attacks by partisans and citizens who happen to be aligned with the President. And those attacks include threats against his family.”

Additionally, without naming Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, Petrillo appeared to offer up a stark comparison between the two men, who are currently at the center of the investigation by the special counsel.

“His action stands in profound contrast to the decision of some others not to cooperate and allegedly to double deal while pretending to cooperate,” Petrillo said.

Following Petrillo’s remarks, Jeannie Rhee spoke for the special counsel. She only appeared for a minute or two, and summarized what was in their memo released Friday and said of Cohen: “He has told the truth.”

Cooperation with Mueller
In addition to the disclosures from the US Attorney’s office in Manhattan about Trump’s participation in the payments to silence women, Mueller also supplied fresh revelations on the President on Friday, disclosing new information on a set of efforts to communicate between Trump, his associates and the Russian government.

In one instance, prosecutors said, Cohen told the special counsel he had consulted with Trump about his interest in contacting the Russian government before Cohen suggested in a radio interview in September 2015 that Trump meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin during Putin’s visit to New York that fall.

Cohen had previously claimed his comments on air were spontaneous, the court papers said, but he admitted to prosecutors that they came about after his discussion with Trump.

Cohen’s sentencing underscores the scope and breadth Mueller’s probe has taken as it’s investigated the ties between Russia and Trump’s team, an examination that often has consumed the President for the first half of his term.

Several senior Trump officials have pleaded guilty in the special counsel’s investigation, including Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn, former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former campaign adviser George Papadopoulos, but none were as close to the President for as long as Cohen.

TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT 2018 CABLE NEWS NETWORK, INC., A TIME WARNER COMPANY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”