Forums

Land Prices

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Evoloution
Ricer

Land Prices

Postby Evoloution » March 16th, 2016, 10:19 am

Anyone know what should be the price of land off the chin chin road. land is categorized as agri land. there currently exist no drainage with the closest house about 200 ft from the land so water i.m guessing will have to be run from that point and also would need to put down 2 electricity poles to bring electricity close to the land. The owner is abroad and would like to advise him on how much @ current market rates the land would go for taking into consideration all the infrastructure i would have to do in order for T&C approval.

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Land Prices

Postby kjaglal76v2 » March 16th, 2016, 10:55 am

throw up a Google maps location nah

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » March 16th, 2016, 11:01 am

Prices are 200k-300k......approved could go 300k upwards..

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 16th, 2016, 11:33 am

Saw a guy selling 1 Acre of land in Chin Chin for $9 million the other day.

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » March 16th, 2016, 11:45 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Saw a guy selling 1 Acre of land in Chin Chin for $9 million the other day.

I would ask if the land have oil reserves below, but that's not worth much these days

Evoloution
Ricer

Postby Evoloution » March 16th, 2016, 3:53 pm

HSA wrote:Prices are 200k-300k......approved could go 300k upwards..

so much although it may cost upwards of 50K to put in drainage, water and lights.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » March 16th, 2016, 4:16 pm

It is not really about market value ..it's how much the seller wants for it cause if someone wants it really bad...they would pay anything for it

fallen_angel
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby fallen_angel » March 16th, 2016, 6:01 pm

land prices will go down soon, people generally not spending again, so in time sellers will have to drop their prices

Mark!
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Mark! » March 16th, 2016, 6:06 pm

Yea....sure

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » March 16th, 2016, 6:52 pm

fallen_angel wrote:land prices will go down soon, people generally not spending again, so in time sellers will have to drop their prices
kk

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » March 16th, 2016, 7:23 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:
fallen_angel wrote:land prices will go down soon, people generally not spending again, so in time sellers will have to drop their prices
kk

land doh rotten , from wat i have seen thus far it went up ... :|

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 16th, 2016, 9:52 pm

land prices have never fallen in trinidad. Recession or not.
I'd love to be proven wrong tho.

You may find an exception here or there who would negotiate due to personal circumstances, but not large shifts

Eagle
Street 2NR

Postby Eagle » March 16th, 2016, 10:28 pm

This was the same misconception that partly lead to the housing bubble in America in 2008.They said property prices will never go down and in fact it did.

I being a property owner will hate hearing the price of my property depreciates but that will be the reality 3mths ,6mths and 1 year and beyond from now.

Trinidad financial crisis with respect to lol oil prices may be a new normal .Multinational companies are actually packing up for good because they cannot make a decent return on their investment, remember they were here to make a profit and they dont see prices going up in the near future .Foreign investment have stop and foreign exchange saving are being depleted .

Real tough times are ahead but we have to see the sliver lining behind the dark cloud.We as an economy have failed to diversify away from oil and gas,we have failed to expand on our down stream industry ,
But the economy has to reset itself. The hike in forex will make import more expensive thereby pushing up the prices of foreign goods making local product cheaper ...

Farming may be a good business venture because the price of local produce will be in greater demand.

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » March 17th, 2016, 12:00 am

you live Trinidad?

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » March 17th, 2016, 6:51 am

Exactly but remember land here is not like d USA l.the us have acess and more as tnt is limited..if u need electricity on that area is either eastern area in arima or central services and does infrastructure on that side.

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » March 17th, 2016, 7:40 am

Evoloution wrote:

so much although it may cost upwards of 50K to put in drainage, water and lights.

its only going to get worst.....increase in population means less land available because later on, some of those will want to buy as an investment....if you dont buy now and protect your investment, trinidad will soon become like juarez....or laventille...

those uneducated hens only looking for a mate to support them and their children.....making more children because they are home with nothing to do, uneducated and usually have unprotected sexual intercourse to pass time because condoms cost money...as well as deodorant

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 17th, 2016, 7:44 am

HSA wrote:
Evoloution wrote:

its only going to get worst.....increase in population means less land available because later on, some of those will want to buy as an investment....if you dont buy now and protect your investment, trinidad will soon become like juarez....or laventille...

those uneducated hens only looking for a mate to support them and their children.....making more children because they are home with nothing to do, uneducated and usually have unprotected sexual intercourse to pass time because condoms cost money...as well as deodorant

d fcuk this have to do with land price

sharkman121
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sharkman121 » March 17th, 2016, 7:58 am

nothing..he just seems butthurt

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » March 17th, 2016, 8:04 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
HSA wrote:
Evoloution wrote:

d fcuk this have to do with land price

future= more ppl = less land available = higher price = invest now

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » March 17th, 2016, 8:50 am

Well we all understand and how our economy is shaping we our children become adults pressure for them.my dad paid 150k where we live in the heart of sando on the late 90s and the same every area where he grow up goes to 500k.so imagine the rate wen our kids and he future have build their homes and family.i rather take the pain of the bank than let the future generation be in fear.

TriniAutoMart
Riding on 16's

Postby TriniAutoMart » March 17th, 2016, 12:08 pm

We may say a reduction in the short term. When recession hits there may be bargains.

EmilioA
Riding on 16's

Postby EmilioA » March 17th, 2016, 1:04 pm

TriniAutoMart wrote:We may say a reduction in the short term. When recession hits there may be bargains.

Not with the Cartel buying up land. Trini land prices not falling.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » March 18th, 2016, 12:21 am

Ha thats a joke,,,,!...U know how long ppl saying land prices will go down,,,

Its not gonna happen...Land always appreciates in value....
Thing is there are always folks with money who will buy at whatever price being asked plus banks and institutions ready to lend...up to 100% financing....so rest assured...it aint gonna drop.....

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » March 18th, 2016, 7:08 am

*$kїđž![TRADE MARK SIGN] wrote:

Ha thats a joke,,,,!...U know how long ppl saying land prices will go down,,,

Its not gonna happen...Land always appreciates in value....
Thing is there are always folks with money who will buy at whatever price being asked plus banks and institutions ready to lend...up to 100% financing....so rest assured...it aint gonna drop.....

Coorect tuner..ain't gonna drop

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » March 22nd, 2016, 10:22 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:

land prices have never fallen in trinidad. Recession or not.
I'd love to be proven wrong tho.

You may find an exception here or there who would negotiate due to personal circumstances, but not large shifts

Vex Dog: I have been monitoring real estate prices for the last 6 months and prices have started falling. Properties which started off at 1.5 are not 1.3. There is a four apartment complex in Drayton Street San Fernando that started at 1.6 and now its down to 1.2. This is a buyers year my friend. Things would progressively get worse - the thin line is buying while you still have your job.

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » March 22nd, 2016, 11:08 am

I might hadda retract my earlier thoughts, it def dropping, ppl selling off extra pieces to hold them during this hard time

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » March 22nd, 2016, 11:18 am

lol wut

Land prices plateau in Trinidad and Tobago. They have never dropped in the last 10 years of me always looking.

I've often heard the phrases "god finish make land" and "land doh spoil" when asking how come they're holding onto the same lot for years.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » March 22nd, 2016, 5:17 pm

Trees don't grow to the moon.

Land prices will eventually come down if they not doing so already.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » March 22nd, 2016, 9:15 pm

Ask your friendly real estate agent how the market looking for them this year...

Bet you is only tears on the other end of the line...

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » March 22nd, 2016, 9:52 pm

if you're liquid without fear of a short term cash crunch know is your time. Know someone who got land valued at $27M for $14M 2 weeks ago. Know another person who's in to the banks for $100M spread across 15 high end rental properties where 6 tenants are either defaulting or leaving with no replacements in sight, so her properties will be on the chopping block to stay afloat. The hardest hit at first will be real estate speculators esp those with $US rental properties

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”