Forums

Registering a motorcycle

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Sonsofsax
Riding on 13's

Registering a motorcycle

Postby Sonsofsax » March 29th, 2016, 10:59 am

Hi has anyone here ever registered a motorcycle, it's a 1999 honda shadow. It's already in The country and I wanted to know what was the procedure and if it was possible what documents I would need..

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Re: Registering a motorcycle

Postby cacasplat3 » March 30th, 2016, 12:54 pm

shipping documents i.e. bill of lading, caricom invoice, original purchasing invoice, original title, customs clearance documents showing payment of motorvehicle tax, vat etc cover note of insurance for the day you want to register it, fill in the registration form, pay the fees to register at LO and just follow their instructions....i did it once a couple years ago...was a long wait for the certified copy, but got done in LO in about 2 hours.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 1st, 2016, 8:20 am

Also, make two copies of all of your documents. You may not get back the originals even though you may be required to have them later.

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » April 1st, 2016, 10:22 am

they keep the documents, so its good to have copies like he said...
not sure why you will need them later....but its good to have them to prove the bike is not stolen....which is the common case with a lot of local bikes...

Zorak
Sweet on this forum

Postby Zorak » April 1st, 2016, 3:02 pm

Are there age restrictions to how old a bike can be to be able to bring it in and register it?

Also, what is the policy regarding custom bikes? Can you bring in a fully custom bike built from a place like Orange County Choppers? And if yes, can you fabricate your own frame locally, fit an engine etc. and register it? What about motorcycle side cars? Are those allowed?

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » April 1st, 2016, 3:09 pm

bikes have no age restrictions. age restrictions were introduced partly to curb car sales and reduce traffic.

if the "custom" bike has a title, and can be legally exported out of the us, there is no reason why it wont be registered here. i cannot say for certain about the build your own bike part....there will obviously be safety issues that need to be met...this can only be answered by the transport commissioner.
side cars are allowed. i've never seen one, but there are guidelines on how lighting should be placed on them in the road and traffic act.

Zorak
Sweet on this forum

Postby Zorak » April 1st, 2016, 3:29 pm

Ohhh ok. Thanks for the info

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”