The Trinituner Entrepreneurship/Self Employed/ Side Hustle Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

apple
Trinituner Peong

Re: Self Employed...The Thread

Postby apple » June 25th, 2010, 12:53 pm

lola.308 wrote:
apple wrote:We do traditional screen printing for now.

they're freekin awesome!!!!!

lol, thank you baby :)

*hides from potential buss head*

venomz
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby venomz » June 25th, 2010, 1:01 pm

plant garden for extra income...medium scale
me and one worker..

TriniVdub
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TriniVdub » June 25th, 2010, 1:07 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
TriniVdub wrote:MG how bout u start your own training sessions, I could be your first trainee. Don't really trust those MTI agents :?

he IS one those agents. so how you gonna trust him?

oh sheit lol.... well the reason i say this is because i went to one of those sessions with a friend and a day or so after one of the agents called me up and spoke to me for quite sometime being all friendly and what not. Then winding up the conversation with "I think your a cool person and all, so i'm going to let you in on something that we don't normally tell anyone blah blah blah and so on." After the conversation i then proceeded to call my friend and to my "surprise" :roll: he got the very same phone call.

Why lie about that, just be honest and upfront and I would have probably become a customer.

Kish
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Kish » June 25th, 2010, 1:38 pm

started a software development company a while back, did one job for a customs broker and he was quite satisfied with it. had 2 more jobs lined up and then things crashed. had to change my windscreen twice in 3 months, landlord givin stress, rel expenses come out of nowhere and now meh daughter's surgery. so business kinda faded away now. it was part time though but i made a 2gran on that one app (took about 1-2 weeks to complete). trying to get back on the horse cause it was a good business.

any tips/ideas on how to resume?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » June 25th, 2010, 1:43 pm

TriniVdub wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:
TriniVdub wrote:MG how bout u start your own training sessions, I could be your first trainee. Don't really trust those MTI agents :?

he IS one those agents. so how you gonna trust him?

oh sheit lol.... well the reason i say this is because i went to one of those sessions with a friend and a day or so after one of the agents called me up and spoke to me for quite sometime being all friendly and what not. Then winding up the conversation with "I think your a cool person and all, so i'm going to let you in on something that we don't normally tell anyone blah blah blah and so on." After the conversation i then proceeded to call my friend and to my "surprise" :roll: he got the very same phone call.

Why lie about that, just be honest and upfront and I would have probably become a customer.

they called SALESMEN for a reason
do YOUR OWN RESEARCH
:!:

TriniVdub
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TriniVdub » June 25th, 2010, 2:06 pm

BEEN DOIN THAT... http://www.babypips.com/school/ ...much more helpful than any of those "agents" i've met

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » June 25th, 2010, 2:14 pm

good stuff man

SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS

Postby SmokeyGTi » June 25th, 2010, 2:31 pm

I currently work for the govt

I do a little DJ-ing on the side. I like the sound and entertainment more than the office job, so I'm hoping one day to go into it full time.

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » June 25th, 2010, 2:43 pm

besides my full time job,i provide webdesign (mostly intranet) and it services to small businesses/govt etc.

gonna start an unrelated business with a friend in a few months :mrgreen:

Damien
punchin NOS

Postby Damien » June 26th, 2010, 2:08 am

i hand in my resignation recently hoping to start my own business, so happen i got a offer to work in a different company, i'll try this one more time, working for people doh pay :|

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » June 26th, 2010, 9:47 am

Damien, don't give up on your dreams.

ESS
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ESS » June 26th, 2010, 9:53 am

Mr Gear wrote:Damien, don't give up on your dreams.

Damien
punchin NOS

Postby Damien » June 26th, 2010, 10:52 am

for sure, the only thing with this job it wouldnt be a conflict of interest if i open the business whilst working there so i might give it a try

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » June 27th, 2010, 11:54 am

Perhaps we could host a self-employed Tuner lime.

Rebelb14
Street 2NR

Postby Rebelb14 » June 27th, 2010, 1:35 pm

BANzai Rastafarai wrote:best feeling, working for yourself. Comes with its hardships, but its all about good relationships with your clients and suppliers...

...stayign on top of your game is also good. I do Print Brokerage, so i handle everthing from the initial client meeting to delivery. The client never meets the supplier and as a result the headaches are less for them, which they appreciate.

Orrr thas what to call it...lol. I work for a printing company but looking to leave to be a print broker lol. I also have some small businesses set up, everything in the beginning stages. My inspiration these days.....http://www.richdad.com/default.aspx

brams112
punchin NOS

Postby brams112 » June 27th, 2010, 9:22 pm

being self empolyed is a very good thing,if you are willing to work everyday, if you are in a retail business it can become a burden if you employ workers,they tend to make you angry at times,fustrated most times,,and you will be a slave to your business,, if you want to suceed in life,,but for your hard work and determination, you will be rewarded with the fact that you will afford to have the better things in life,,,, hypertension is one of the ills though,,

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » June 28th, 2010, 12:34 am

Spoken like a true business owner. Are you ?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 28th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Working for yourself- always on,relentless, you never stop thinking about your business, when you think you have it figured out-be very careful(those looking for pips-this goes double for you),its a hustle you need to dig deep and there is no more lonely feeling(in this context) when YOU have to make the call,24 hrs a day,7 days a week.

But it IS the most gratifying experience-to be so tired you feel it it your gut and in a couple hrs you start again-but when you look back on what youve done you are totally psyched. And feel like you can keep going-and you do.

YOU have to believe in it it so bad you could taste it-literally, you refuse to stop, when you look at the blank canvas that others see you see a masterfcukingpeice.You know how it WILL END -you have no idea how you will make it happen-but happen it will.

You can never work for a salary again.

You will never be so exhausted and so energized at the same time.
So scared you could puke-but 100% sure that you on the right track.
Look at your son sleeping and KNOW without a shred of doubt,why you do what you do-
Fack normal people you aint one

-yeah -thats it-Fack normal people you aint one

Later

^Pretty^
Trinituner Peong

Postby ^Pretty^ » June 28th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Having your own business has is sacrifices but it also has great rewards.

One of my challenges at the moment is obtaining new clients, part can also be attributed to that I am not marketing my business name also. (Accounting)

Nothing beats working for yourself IMO.

apple
Trinituner Peong

Postby apple » June 28th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Redman, dun kno

nivek
Sweet on this forum

Postby nivek » June 28th, 2010, 10:29 pm

went to school then did MET cah get a work,went and did EMT(emergency medicine)still no luck,so i bought a benz and had a wedding transport business but it have too much low ballers out there ,man coming to rent the car with badder ride than mine and trying to beat down on $1500/day................so i sell that benz to a fellow tuner and took that money and put some taxis on the road with a work to own contract and all i do is sit down home scratch and see bout my dogs

in business nobody is ur fren trust meh

eurogirl
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby eurogirl » June 28th, 2010, 11:19 pm

my biggest problem isn't clients , its my family taking my work seirously

and tht's my biggest problem .. everyone sees me home so they like yea ! i need food ! or Yea girl go pay meh ph bill for me ! .. or help meh out and clean de house ..

when i complain they say i have to balance it all ..:|

I dunno why they don't take there dirty dishes in the office and wash them :evil: :evil:

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » June 29th, 2010, 12:44 am

So true all of the above.

I remember working from home living with my parents they always thought that I was a free agent and that automatically meant I could run errands all day. LOL !!!

If anyone had anything they wanted to get done they would automatically think...Hey he isn't doing anything, hes at home, let him do it. They would even pimp me out to other relatives since I was home and all.. LOL

So I started an errand business. Pay me MUTHAFUCKERS !!! Now no one asks me to run errands anymore. LOL

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 29th, 2010, 1:03 am

Well depends on the type of work you do and how hard you willing to work.

I own a computer store and graphic / web design business also opened FirstChoice hardware recently. I do online ordering services any size and any price.

www.firstchoicett.com

and

www.effectic.com

you can check us out at any site we have some of the best customer reviews also.

The trick is to treat your customers the best you can and offer prices cheaper than the competition. But you need to move smart, you can't start out with bling and large ego you must learn to cut back on unnecessary costs and think smart. Like how the Chinese do it, they don't waste money on something they don't need just to increase your ego.

Running your own business ain't no walk in the park either. And not all the time can you expect big sales, you need to accept the reality that sometimes things will be slow and sometimes you will get customers like rain. So much that you can't even handle all of them.

We recently had to turn down some customers because we are focusing more on 3D Modeling and animation / Television motion graphics etc.

Due to the amount of calls we are getting all 4 of our contact numbers have been busy and customers are having a hard time getting through and we apologize for that. But with our shipment of Iphone 4G and 3D HDTV coming in, its been quite stressful.

We do however try to call back as much numbers left in our voice mails. Sometimes we get like 50 voice mails a day.

But even with all that I must be honest I won't have it anyother way. Being your own boss is the best feeling there is. But like I said it depends on the type of business you own. All our ads always display unbeatable prices because we believe that if we sell cheaper than the competition then we sell more and make a bigger profit. This is our key selling point, it does not matter how cheap we must go, we do it because we believe we make a bigger profit in the end and everybody wins especially the customers.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on June 29th, 2010, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

^Pretty^
Trinituner Peong

Postby ^Pretty^ » June 29th, 2010, 1:04 am

I like that idea...start an errand business :lol:

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 29th, 2010, 1:12 am

Redman wrote:Working for yourself- always on,relentless, you never stop thinking about your business, when you think you have it figured out-be very careful(those looking for pips-this goes double for you),its a hustle you need to dig deep and there is no more lonely feeling(in this context) when YOU have to make the call,24 hrs a day,7 days a week.

But it IS the most gratifying experience-to be so tired you feel it it your gut and in a couple hrs you start again-but when you look back on what youve done you are totally psyched. And feel like you can keep going-and you do.

YOU have to believe in it it so bad you could taste it-literally, you refuse to stop, when you look at the blank canvas that others see you see a masterfcukingpeice.You know how it WILL END -you have no idea how you will make it happen-but happen it will.

You can never work for a salary again.

You will never be so exhausted and so energized at the same time.
So scared you could puke-but 100% sure that you on the right track.
Look at your son sleeping and KNOW without a shred of doubt,why you do what you do-
Fack normal people you aint one

-yeah -thats it-Fack normal people you aint one

Later

WELL SAID MY BROTHER!!!!

This sums up everything there is to it 8-)

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » June 29th, 2010, 1:19 am

apart from my 8 to 4, i have an E25 bus, i let a lil gunta "hustle" it & pay me weekly!!!

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » June 29th, 2010, 1:31 am

Gunta yah say.

You better elevate his status in your mind because as you will learn eventually, people are the life blood of your business especially the people you employ.

Treat your employees like gold. Remember that they have decided to go to work for you to earn less so that you can earn more. Treat your employees like gold.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 29th, 2010, 1:40 am

^ Sadly most business owners do not do this.

They believe cause they have more money that makes them gods among insects. Watch this, in St Helena JAPS always has workers. Thats because JAPS pay workers 50% more money than KFC does. Hence at 9 PM KFC empty and JAPS has people line so long it reach the road.

Japs understand the importance of treating workers and customers like gold. This is why they literally destroying Royal Castle and KFC in St Helena here.

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » June 29th, 2010, 1:43 am

JAPS is paying attention to a lot of things including proper HR. The food is always served in good portions, always taste good and the staff is friendly and the place is clean.

JAPS is not too big on marketing in terms of advertising but they are big in marketing in terms of getting the customer experience right.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”