this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Wierd virus going round

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 3rd, 2016, 8:29 am

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160802 ... d-for-zika

‘Only high-risk cases’ to be tested for Zika

Zika is now an epidemic with hundreds falling ill, but the Health Ministry has instructed doctors to send samples for testing from only high-risk cases.
The circular has been issued to public hospitals by Dr Kumar Sundarneedi, medical director, Health Programmes and Technical Support Services.
Among those in the high-risk group are pregnant women. Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh, in an interview on CNC3’s The Morning Brew yesterday, said some 59 to 60 pregnant women were affected by the Zika virus out of some 200-plus cases.
Sources told the Express instructions were given to limit the number of samples being sent to Caribbean Public Health Lab (Carpha) because of the high costs associated, as well as the overload.
Carpha is the only institution in the country which carries out the clinical Zika testing.
The Express understands private hospitals and private doctors are charging $250 to $300 for testing of the Zika virus, but a medical source pointed out while these kits give an indication of whether a person has the virus or not, only Carpha can conduct the detailed tests for confirmation.
The source said even if a private doctor calls Carpha and requests tests for a sample, they are told tests on ­at-risk patients only.
Criteria for testing

The circular issued by Sundarneedi states: “Laboratory testing by Carpha will only be carried out on samples which meet the suspected case definition and the following criteria: hospitalised individuals, pregnant women, children under five years, people over 65 years.
“In view of the above guidelines, practitioners are advised to be very selective with their requests.”
It added all blood samples must be clearly labelled and accompanied by a Trinidad Public Health Laboratory request form with the following information clearly documented for testing to be initiated:
1. Patient’s name, age, address and other relevant demographic details;
2. Name of the institution;
3. Clinical features (relevant signs and symptoms with date of onset);
4. Name of referring doctor;
5. Date of collection of sample;
6. Whether patient is pregnant.

Additional tests which may have been performed and results, if any, Trinidad Public Health Laboratory will forward those samples that meet the testing criteria to Carpha.
It stated line listings for suspected cases should continue to be submitted daily to the national surveillance unit, Insect Vector Control Division and the county Medical Office of Health for the follow-up action.
Abortion law

Deyalsingh said yesterday the figure of 200 cases was issued two weeks ago, and that number would have increased since then.
He said these are just cases confirmed by the laboratory and the figures will be higher because not everyone who contracts the virus will be taking a blood test to confirm.
The minister said the 60 cases of pregnant Zika-infected women are being monitored by the Mt Hope Women’s Hospital, and ultrasound tests so far show the babies are not afflicted with microcephaly (small heads), a condition which has been found to be linked to Zika.
Deyalsingh said further the laws of this country do provide for abortion, as it is permissible if the doctor determines the patient to be emotional, physically and psychologically distressed and her health is at risk then the abortion can be performed.
Responding to whether women should delay pregnancies, Deyalsingh said this was a “good common-sense approach”.

baigan
Riding on 16's

Postby baigan » August 6th, 2016, 1:06 am

baigan wrote:ImageImage Image

I got a rash today .____.

Rash was all over my body, now it's completely gone.
Feeling much better
Doctor just told me take some piriton , and get lots of rest.

baigan
Riding on 16's

Postby baigan » August 6th, 2016, 5:18 pm

nick639 wrote:^^ my bumps are still there but piriton was also recommended, but I find allegra seems to be working better for the stuffy feeling

Hope it clears up soon bro

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » August 6th, 2016, 8:51 pm

Moisturize during and after the rash. The rash seems to seriously damage your skin. for a few weeks after the infection I had to use cetaphil to get my skin looking normal

Mendoza
Street 2NR

Postby Mendoza » August 7th, 2016, 12:28 am

got that rash problem twice in the last three months
went health centre they gave me some stupidness that didn't do squat and run me the first time had body pains could of barely walked. Just got some rest and went by the pharmacy got three allegra and everything cleared up.
the second time I saw the rash, went and got allegra poof problem gone.....................Happiest Man Alive

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 7th, 2016, 1:23 am

My rash went away after two days on its own. No medication, nothing at all.

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » August 16th, 2016, 8:15 pm

Rash still?

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » August 16th, 2016, 10:28 pm

gehem last week
dah rash & tingly feeling will hv u like wdf

mero

Postby mero » August 17th, 2016, 6:20 am

Anyone hear about any virus wth some dread vomiting and diarrhoea? No red spots whatsoever

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 17th, 2016, 8:55 am

Sounds like food poisoning not a virus really

Get some of these:

[img]http://www.ipahealthcare.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/oral-rehydration-salt.jpg[/img]

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 17th, 2016, 7:13 pm

Was nice knowing you Mero.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 17th, 2016, 11:35 pm

My mom had vomiting & diarrhoea last Friday early in the morning. She had eaten a curry the day before

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 17th, 2016, 11:37 pm

Btw rash is 1 of the symptoms of zika

mero

Re: RE: Re: Wierd virus going round

Postby mero » August 18th, 2016, 12:32 am

K74T wrote:Sounds like food poisoning not a virus really

Get some of these:

[img]http://www.ipahealthcare.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/oral-rehydration-salt.jpg[/img]

Nah a few ppl I know got it.. like a 1-3 day thing.. I get a a lil shittings and a vomit a bit.. next morning I was better.

Cousin of mine, is 3 days now, real diarrhoea fever and vomiting.

Real weird stuff going around lately...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 18th, 2016, 8:09 am

Go Coke!!!!#

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”