Forums

Explain your wealth legislation” is coming soon

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Explain your wealth legislation” is coming soon

Postby matr1x » April 9th, 2019, 9:19 am

Question is, who determines who to check. Unc likes to play sjw. When it conveniently suits.

We all know the pnm is a racist dictator run, coco house

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 9th, 2019, 9:21 am

I get the feeling is that it is more of a protection than an attack law.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 9th, 2019, 9:26 am

wingnut wrote:Anyone else notice the agency to recover and dispose of the property under the act is named "Civil Asset Recovery and Management Agency" aka CARMA..... oh d irony who comes up with these names

The intetesting part will be the people who working there

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » April 9th, 2019, 10:01 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
matr1x wrote:This is where we slid into a dictatorship. We were dancing before, but now we really in it.

Unc really.failed here. They were supposed to battle this.

I am not sure why you think the UNC is there to protect the population.

From what I have seen, both political parties are full of a bunch of corrupt crooks from the top go down who protect each other. They both just put on a show for the population to fool the masses, which, from the posts in the political threads, seems to be working quite well.
^^^Yup...thats our reality

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » April 9th, 2019, 11:43 am

36 ammendments proposed by the opposition were made to what was presented on friday.......

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 9th, 2019, 12:17 pm

wait for eet eh...… go have big roadblock in central and any Raj who jiving Jaguar,Range rover, Mustang, Phatt Bimmers and AMG gonna be pulled over … all who in dey in their juzzy and flipflops... get out of the car and explain how YOU can afford such a vehicle.... Take for a seized CAR!...….

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 9th, 2019, 12:54 pm

It clear many need to read the bill and listen to the debate.

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cryotec » April 9th, 2019, 1:03 pm

is "my sugar daddy from the states give me the money" a legit way to explain your wealth?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 9th, 2019, 2:27 pm

SR wrote:36 ammendments proposed by the opposition were made to what was presented on friday.......

36? dey real water down d bill then?

mragoobir
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mragoobir » April 9th, 2019, 2:35 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:
matr1x wrote:This is where we slid into a dictatorship. We were dancing before, but now we really in it.

From what I have seen, both political parties are full of a bunch of corrupt crooks from the top go down who protect each other. They both just put on a show for the population to fool the masses, which, from the posts in the political threads, seems to be working quite well.

Preach brother...

Dont waste time and vote...both unc and pnm is sheit
P.E.P?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » April 9th, 2019, 4:32 pm

mragoobir wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:

Preach brother...

Dont waste time and vote...both unc and pnm is sheit
P.E.P?
I'm not convinced that PEA does not want to be the next Anil Roberts

i.e. make noise until you get a inside and then quietly full your belly until you get kick back out.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » April 9th, 2019, 8:53 pm

I heard that there were 75 clauses and the opposition argued and subsequently the law passed with amendments made to 63 of the initial 75.

Can anyone confirm.

To be honest though I don't expect much to really happen, this law, a law of this magnitude passed too quickly, everyone knows that they will never actually use it, like so many other laws on the books.

I'm certain there are a multitude of laws already existing that could be used to get a conviction with regards to white collar crimes and the like, the problem is that there is no motivation or will to do so.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » April 9th, 2019, 9:02 pm

One of the many problems in TnT is that we try to legislate away all our problems, claiming that this new bill is a silver bullet to an issue. Then it gets passed and nothing happens, because we have non-existent investigation and enforcement.

Shining example: Anti-gang legislation.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 9th, 2019, 9:48 pm

Anti gang was supposed to be a cure all. Ent faris said then that the opposition keeping back laws that would deal with criminals and being irresponsible ? So how come they not using the laws now?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 9th, 2019, 10:39 pm

Kamla: UNC ensured citizens were protected

Op­po­si­tion Leader Kam­la Per­sad-Bisses­sar says the UNC on­ly agreed to sup­port the Civ­il As­set Re­cov­ery and Man­age­ment and Un­ex­plained Wealth Bill, 2019, af­ter it en­sured the fun­da­men­tal rights of cit­i­zens were not erod­ed and that the prop­er­ty of in­no­cent cit­i­zens would not be in jeop­ardy.

The bill was passed unan­i­mous­ly Mon­day night af­ter the Gov­ern­ment and Op­po­si­tion agreed to sev­er­al changes to the ini­tial bill pro­posed by At­tor­ney Gen­er­al Faris Al-Rawi dur­ing an al­most 12-hour­long ses­sion.

Per­sad-Bisses­sar said the UNC pi­lot­ed more than 60 amend­ments to en­sure that the prop­er­ty of law-abid­ing cit­i­zens could on­ly be sub­ject to the pro­vi­sions of the leg­is­la­tion where it was ac­quired and as­so­ci­at­ed with the com­mis­sion of spec­i­fied of­fences in the Pro­ceeds of Crime Act.

She said this was a sig­nif­i­cant change from the orig­i­nal bill where the Gov­ern­ment pro­posed that pro­ceed­ings could be com­menced for any of­fence, which would have placed the prop­er­ty of thou­sands of cit­i­zens at risk of be­ing tak­en by the State.

Per­sad-Bisses­sar said she al­so con­vinced the Gov­ern­ment to re­move the claus­es through­out the bill that al­lowed any po­lice of­fi­cer and any cus­toms of­fi­cer to com­mence pro­ceed­ings un­der the bill and to re­place this with the Comp­trol­ler of Cus­toms and Ex­cise and the Com­mis­sion­er of Po­lice or any of­fi­cer above the rank of in­spec­tor.

"This en­sured that the fears of cit­i­zens that they will be tar­get­ed by low­er-rank­ing of­fi­cers who abuse the pow­ers con­ferred by the leg­is­la­tion was elim­i­nat­ed," Per­sad-Bisses­sar said.

"Cit­i­zens’ right to pri­va­cy was se­cured and pro­tect­ed as the Gov­ern­ment quick­ly ac­cept­ed the Op­po­si­tion’s sug­ges­tion that made it com­pul­so­ry that any doc­u­ments filed un­der the act be sealed by the court and not be for the eyes of every mem­ber of the pub­lic. This pro­tect­ed cit­i­zens’ pri­vate and con­fi­den­tial in­for­ma­tion from falling in­to the wrong hands."

She added, “From the out­set the Op­po­si­tion main­tained its po­si­tion that while we sup­port any leg­is­la­tion that al­lows law en­force­ment to com­bat the crim­i­nal el­e­ment and go af­ter ill-got­ten gains, we will not sup­port leg­is­la­tion that com­pro­mis­es the rights of cit­i­zens, un­der­mines the rule of law and places in the hands of law en­force­ment the abil­i­ty to tar­get in­no­cent cit­i­zens and un­law­ful­ly take away their prop­er­ty.”

Per­sad-Bisses­sar re­it­er­at­ed her par­ty’s com­mit­ment to work­ing to pro­tect the rights of cit­i­zens and to hold the Gov­ern­ment ac­count­able and in check.

"The coun­try is bet­ter off with the pas­sage of this leg­is­la­tion, which now strikes the right bal­ance be­tween the cit­i­zen and the State due to the work of the Op­po­si­tion," she said.

Source: http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/kam ... -protected

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 10th, 2019, 2:55 am

So..TTPS suspicious.
Gather info...takes it to DPP.
DPP..assesses ....says yes...passes on to the Agency.
Agency goes to High Court to get an order...and then the Asset is restrained etc.

Is this the process?

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » April 10th, 2019, 5:24 am

Hope this law applies to

A&V
Andre Monteil
Karen Nunez Tesheira

among the many other unaddressed PNM thieves!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 10th, 2019, 6:54 am

Redman wrote:So..TTPS suspicious.
Gather info...takes it to DPP.
DPP..assesses ....says yes...passes on to the Agency.
Agency goes to High Court to get an order...and then the Asset is restrained etc.

Is this the process?
Appears so, as we know in the past the DPP can't be trusted as he has affiliations to PNM

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 10th, 2019, 7:15 am

Don't get tied up.

This bill is not if u can explain. But if u can prove ur assets. U need to show proof u bought it, and proof that ur money was from legitimate sources.

Also, this is not to evaluate the ethics of a deal. Like if ur a director of a company, then remove ur name, put ur son name, then join an org that will be paying rent to that company.
No, as long as the money comes from a legal source, there is nothing to recoup.

The money spent on wgtl in PETROTRIN, who ever gained by way of contract payments, all that was legally bought with contracts and what not. So there is nothing to recoup there.
It was legal theft. But legal. Not the less, that every cent was traceable and accounted for.

But if u dnt have a source of income to explain ur prado, then that can be seized, and u have to prove where that money come from... not explain, but produce evidence of receipts of money, etc

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 10th, 2019, 7:29 am

sMASH wrote:Don't get tied up.

This bill is not if u can explain. But if u can prove ur assets. U need to show proof u bought it, and proof that ur money was from legitimate sources.

Also, this is not to evaluate the ethics of a deal. Like if ur a director of a company, then remove ur name, put ur son name, then join an org that will be paying rent to that company.
No, as long as the money comes from a legal source, there is nothing to recoup.

The money spent on wgtl in PETROTRIN, who ever gained by way of contract payments, all that was legally bought with contracts and what not. So there is nothing to recoup there.
It was legal theft. But legal. Not the less, that every cent was traceable and accounted for.

But if u dnt have a source of income to explain ur prado, then that can be seized, and u have to prove where that money come from... not explain, but produce evidence of receipts of money, etc
So it's a law to protect the AG and fellow PNM in legal thieving while they seize Kawme gold theet cause he win de play way mark

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » April 10th, 2019, 7:32 am

sMASH wrote:

So all the persons who received contracts get away with no penalty?

It may not fall under the purview of this explain your wealth bill but there are other routes to recoup lost money.

The must have been some clause in the contract for non delivery.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 10th, 2019, 7:37 am

Basically, yeah. They will have accountants and lawyers to make everything look legit. They get a clean explain ur wealth bill of health.

The service will not test the morality of deals, only the traceability.
But, it will be flown as a flag, 'I am a good politician, everything can be traced'

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » April 10th, 2019, 8:48 am

Cooking the books. That's what they will do.

This is an excuse to dig into people assets to feed to criminals. And of course harrassment.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » April 10th, 2019, 11:55 am

sMASH wrote:Basically, yeah. They will have accountants and lawyers to make everything look legit. They get a clean explain ur wealth bill of health.

The service will not test the morality of deals, only the traceability.
But, it will be flown as a flag, 'I am a good politician, everything can be traced'

If you only know how you hit the nail on the head there.

If the amount of administrative wastage and legal theft in this country could be eliminated then we could implement a universal basic income that's like twice minimum wage.

I've seen what my companies I've worked for gets paid for the services I provide. If the clients hired me or someone with my skills directly they would pay me less that half of what they paid to my company and be able to get rid of the redundancy in their office so they can get the same services for about 20-25% of the cost.

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » April 10th, 2019, 2:05 pm

They rel stimulate jobs here. Look how pockets getting filled from both defendant and plaintiff now.
You can see what the system actually promoting.

I want to be optimistic that this will turn out well but the reality could be that by the time they close the case on one, ten more less conspicuous transactions occur in the present.

*OUTSIDER*
Riding on 17's

Postby *OUTSIDER* » April 10th, 2019, 7:49 pm

All this talk about “explain your wealth”... meanwhile here I am trying to explain my poverty!

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » April 11th, 2019, 2:32 pm

*OUTSIDER* wrote:All this talk about “explain your wealth”... meanwhile here I am trying to explain my poverty!

4real eh, ah wa somebody explain da one. Man wokin everyday an still cya own a piece ah land much less house...

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 11th, 2019, 2:37 pm

daxt0r wrote:
*OUTSIDER* wrote:All this talk about “explain your wealth”... meanwhile here I am trying to explain my poverty!

4real eh, ah wa somebody explain da one. Man wokin everyday an still cya own a piece ah land much less house...

Blame dat on all fo those "real estate agents" that have been overinflating our prices for the past 15 years! they were milking the expats for every cent .. however now that alot of them have left... prices are now coming down ever so slowly... if people eere smart they would just NOT buy and force the owners hand to come down.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 11th, 2019, 3:00 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:
daxt0r wrote:

Blame dat on all fo those "real estate agents" that have been overinflating our prices for the past 15 years! they were milking the expats for every cent .. however now that alot of them have left... prices are now coming down ever so slowly... if people eere smart they would just NOT buy and force the owners hand to come down.

Lot of them harden. They prefer the property to stay right there and get grass than to come down on price.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 11th, 2019, 4:42 pm

It don't rotten... And it don't have new sources to satisfy demands.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”