Re: Sat Maharaj - The only Troll without a keyboard

Postby zoom rader » June 19th, 2019, 10:30 am

boxy wrote:Lol that's what u interpret by that article
It's a backpeddle by the DPP

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 24th, 2019, 3:30 pm

Zoom i know you watching from somewhere... like yourself.

Sat wins lawsuit against police

Sanatan Dhar­ma Ma­ha Sab­ha (SDMS) sec­re­tary gen­er­al Sat­narayan Ma­haraj and the or­gan­i­sa­tion's me­dia com­pa­ny Cen­tral Broad­cast­ing Ser­vices have won their law­suit over the re­fusal of the T&T Po­lice Ser­vice (TTPS) to dis­close the war­rant used to search Ra­dio and TV Jaag­gri­ti, in April.

De­liv­er­ing a 28-page judge­ment at the Hall of Jus­tice in Port-of-Spain, this af­ter­noon, High Court Judge Ron­nie Boodoos­ingh up­held the ju­di­cial re­view law­suit brought by Ma­haraj and the com­pa­ny.

Boodoos­ingh ruled that the par­ties were en­ti­tled to chal­lenge the is­sue and that the TTPS's de­ci­sion was un­law­ful.

"The Claimant, act­ing through its of­fi­cers, is well en­ti­tled to see a copy of a war­rant un­der which its premis­es were searched," Boodoos­ingh said.

As part of the de­ci­sion, Boodoos­ingh gave Po­lice Com­mis­sion­er Gary Grif­fith sev­en days to pro­vide a copy of the war­rant and have the orig­i­nal avail­able for in­spec­tion by Ma­haraj and the com­pa­ny's lawyers. The TTPS was al­so or­dered to pay the par­ties' le­gal costs for bring­ing the law­suit.

The war­rant was ex­e­cut­ed af­ter Ma­haraj made a se­ries of in­cen­di­ary state­ments on his Ma­ha Sab­ha Strikes Back pro­gramme on TV Jaagri­ti on April 15.

Ma­haraj claimed that cit­i­zens liv­ing in To­ba­go are lazy and la­belled the men as rapists.

The Telecom­mu­ni­ca­tions Au­thor­i­ty of T&T (TATT) is­sued a warn­ing to Ma­haraj and the com­pa­ny over the com­ments, which is now be­ing chal­lenged by them in a sep­a­rate law­suit.

While no crim­i­nal charges have been brought against Ma­haraj and he sug­gest­ed that such was in­evitable while ad­dress­ing sup­port­ers dur­ing SDMS In­di­an Ar­rival Day cel­e­bra­tions.

When Ma­haraj and the com­pa­ny's lawyers first re­quest­ed a copy of the war­rant and threat­ened the law­suit, the TTPS's Di­rec­tor of Le­gal Ser­vices Chris­t­ian Chan­dler claimed that their le­gal chal­lenge over the process used to pro­cure the war­rant was mis­guid­ed.

A sec­ond war­rant was even­tu­al­ly ex­e­cut­ed on the com­pa­ny, last month.

Ma­haraj has al­so filed sep­a­rate le­gal pro­ceed­ings in which he is chal­leng­ing con­sti­tu­tion­al­i­ty of this coun­try's colo­nial-age sedi­tion leg­is­la­tion.

In that law­suit, Ma­haraj's lawyers are claim­ing that the leg­is­la­tion, which was passed in 1920 and amend­ed sev­er­al times, be­tween 1961 and 1976, breached cit­i­zens' con­sti­tu­tion­al rights to free­dom of thought and ex­pres­sion, free­dom of the press and free­dom of as­so­ci­a­tion and as­sem­bly.

They stat­ed that Sec­tion 3 and 6 of the leg­is­la­tion, which de­fines a sedi­tious in­ten­tion and the pub­li­ca­tion of such, is un­pre­dictable and al­lows for dis­crim­i­na­tion.

Ma­haraj sought an in­junc­tion against Di­rec­tor of Pub­lic Pros­e­cu­tions (DPP) Roger Gas­pard, SC, seek­ing to stop him (Gas­pard) from ap­prov­ing sedi­tion charges against him pend­ing the de­ter­mi­na­tion of his law­suit.

How­ev­er, he re­con­sid­ered his po­si­tion af­ter Gas­pard stat­ed that he had not yet been ap­proached for ad­vice on the in­ves­ti­ga­tion.

Ma­haraj and the com­pa­ny are be­ing rep­re­sent­ed by Ramesh Lawrence Ma­haraj, SC, Jagdeo Singh, Di­nesh Ram­bal­ly, Kiel Tak­lals­ingh and Ste­fan Ramkissoon.

Source: http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/sat ... nst-police

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 24th, 2019, 3:42 pm

Yet another piece of heavy handedness from authorities that WE have to now pay for.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » July 24th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Jah bless Sat

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 24th, 2019, 4:21 pm

them Sealots boys might take a page out of sat book every time they get searched and nothing found

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 24th, 2019, 4:24 pm

pugboy wrote:them Sealots boys might take a page out of sat book every time they get searched and nothing found

Are they going to get RLM and Jagdeo Singh to represent them each time though??

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 24th, 2019, 4:43 pm

Don’t lawyers work once they getting paid ?

Dizzy28 wrote:
pugboy wrote:them Sealots boys might take a page out of sat book every time they get searched and nothing found

Are they going to get RLM and Jagdeo Singh to represent them each time though??

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 26th, 2019, 1:34 pm

PNM should learn by now not to mess with Sat.

He may just win his upcoming cases against PNM

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » July 28th, 2019, 8:56 am

[quote="zoom rader"]PNM should learn by now not to mess with Sat.

He may just win his upcoming cases against PNM[/quote

He just might, but who cares ? The most important thing is Keith will be our next PM to continue the progress while Satee boy will most likely continue to get arrested and charged for his idiotic and you will get banned from Tuner for yours

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 28th, 2019, 9:04 am

randolphinshan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:PNM should learn by now not to mess with Sat.

He may just win his upcoming cases against PNM[/quote

He just might, but who cares ? The most important thing is Keith will be our next PM to continue the progress while Satee boy will most likely continue to get arrested and charged for his idiotic and you will get banned from Tuner for yours

Ah, 2NR's resident PNM apologist and imps strikes again. :lol: :lol:
Keith? Ollour on first name basis now? Than again, he's been inside of you more than Parliament so..............

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 21st, 2019, 9:59 am

Talking to Sat about child marraige. Thoughts?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 21st, 2019, 11:27 am

why all of randol posts always seem to be so bitter about everything

d feller like he does be in such an uptight mood when he posting on tuner , relax urself nuh .... :|

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 21st, 2019, 11:35 am

he's a paid "blogger." Dunno why people even reply to him, knowing that. Same with the recent one-eyed prig who just happened to join tuner the day after McDonald got arrested to do PNM damage control. Social media presence and propaganda is very much a job today that did not exist 10 years ago.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » August 21st, 2019, 11:57 am

Slartibartfast wrote:

You have rel patience, I get you're trying to get his side out, but on this issue he's extremely backward and it must have been hard not to call him out.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 21st, 2019, 12:01 pm

Rovin wrote:why all of randol posts always seem to be so bitter about everything

d feller like he does be in such an uptight mood when he posting on tuner , relax urself nuh .... :|

Kamla never give him as much Cepep contracts as Foster Cummings get from PNM. Must be bitter!!!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 21st, 2019, 12:01 pm

maj. tom wrote:he's a paid "blogger." Dunno why people even reply to him, knowing that. Same with the recent one-eyed prig who just happened to join tuner the day after McDonald got arrested to do PNM damage control. Social media presence and propaganda is very much a job today that did not exist 10 years ago.
Hes an Eleit blogger

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 21st, 2019, 12:11 pm

have actually seen his posts like a normal person in other topics besides ole talk but i figured he was a paid blogger or have big wuk benefiting under d pnm & maybe not so much under unc so dise why he posts d way he does ...

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 23rd, 2019, 11:25 am

l33t2 wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

You have rel patience, I get you're trying to get his side out, but on this issue he's extremely backward and it must have been hard not to call him out.
I really just wanted to know under what context could that have possibly made sense. People seem to forget that he grew up in an extremely different time. Instead of trying to prove him wrong I'm more fascinated by what used to make sense to us less than a lifetime ago.

I'm 100% against child marraige but just think about how crazy it is that the practice was not just acceptable, but actually the norm just a couple decades ago. Imagine what would be the norm 100 years from now.

apole69
Street 2NR

Postby apole69 » August 23rd, 2019, 8:42 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
l33t2 wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

I really just wanted to know under what context could that have possibly made sense. People seem to forget that he grew up in an extremely different time. Instead of trying to prove him wrong I'm more fascinated by what used to make sense to us less than a lifetime ago.

I'm 100% against child marraige but just think about how crazy it is that the practice was not just acceptable, but actually the norm just a couple decades ago. Imagine what would be the norm 100 years from now.

Speaking of which,Slavery was legal not too long ago. It is even supported by the "Good Book". Women's suffrage also came lately .

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 23rd, 2019, 9:39 pm

well i watched the video and it was good, imo. It is not an easy thing to do to talk with people you may not agree, much less record it on camera.

Sat's view isn't completely wrong. in your teens and early 20's, you don't know how much you don't know about how other people live. you are sure you know, but you really don't.

where Sat's view hasn't advanced is the concept of agency. Agency is the ability for people to have control over their own lives. A woman getting a career and have an independent income gives her agency over where she lives and who she lives with. Traditional culture actively discourages agency, instead focusing on duty and societal roles. So you get Sat calling unmarried women at 28 years old, a problem.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 24th, 2019, 7:01 am

allyuh eh observe something.
Most Hindus that are under the age of about 40 don't take Sat seriously. They see him as a jokey ancient relic of a time long gone. Those few that do follow his train of thought only do so because they can benefit from doing so.
I actually believe that if you leave it to Sat, he'd reinstitute the caste system and other aspects of the Hindu culture that the majority of people that practice Hinduism do not want, such as the bride's parents having to pay the groom's parents a dowry for their daughter to marry, among other things.

Sat is a old bad joke.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 24th, 2019, 10:11 am

88sins wrote:allyuh eh observe something.
Most Hindus that are under the age of about 40 don't take Sat seriously. They see him as a jokey ancient relic of a time long gone. Those few that do follow his train of thought only do so because they can benefit from doing so.
I actually believe that if you leave it to Sat, he'd reinstitute the caste system and other aspects of the Hindu culture that the majority of people that practice Hinduism do not want, such as the bride's parents having to pay the groom's parents a dowry for their daughter to marry, among other things.

Sat is a old bad joke.
But Sat was left alone, where his organisation built schools that brought his people from being illiterate to highly educate especially his women folk in a span of 60 years. . The man pulled his people out of the dumps. If anything he broke down caste system where education is concern within his group.

People say trini hindus have caste, just look around at the non hindu and you will observe a larger local caste system in place.
Eg 1% is greater than everyone else, they don't allow their folk to mix and marry outside their community.

Beetham and Laventille people are the untouchables , no one wants to deal with them.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 24th, 2019, 1:23 pm

zoom rader wrote:

Sat is a old bad joke.
But Sat was left alone, where his organisation built schools that brought his people from being illiterate to highly educate especially his women folk in a span of 60 years. . The man pulled his people out of the dumps. If anything he broke down caste system where education is concern within his group.

People say trini hindus have caste, just look around at the non hindu and you will observe a larger local caste system in place.
Eg 1% is greater than everyone else, they don't allow their folk to mix and marry outside their community.

Beetham and Laventille people are the untouchables , no one wants to deal with them.

believe what you will, but Sat didn't do that, & I honestly doubt that educating females was high on his list of priorities back then. The laws of T&Tis what made that possible, since it was made mandatory that all children, regardless of gender or religion MUST attend primary school at the very least. Thus the development of our free education system, open and available to all chidren.
I sure if you left it to him, the only education girls back then & now would receive is how to make a proper roti, how to keep house & to make children.

There is a sort of informal caste system in T&T, and there is also an informal tiered elitist sytem in place as well, & ppl don't genrally like to think about either of them much. But save for their few similarities(degrees of separatism, etc), they are two entirely different things. One is based on who you are or what family you were born into, while the other is primarily based on what you have & who you know & who knows you. So as a result getting into the elite in society is easy enough (make enough $$ & big wig pals & you basically in the upper echelons of society), while the getting out of the caste system is rather dificult since you are supposedly born into it & the only way to escape it is through alteration of your lineage, which is impossible, or the lineage of future generations, which can be done, but is not easy since a Brahmin beta would never be allowed by his parents to marry a Dalit beti.

Both systems are kaka in my book, but whoever want to live their life like that I glad for them, feel free, me eh business
But I eh entertaining nobody bringing either one around me cus I don't prescribe to either.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 24th, 2019, 1:26 pm

I saw something on a post this morning.I now reach home and come here to say lewwe ole talk, but don't reach home. I glad to see it's not here anymore. Good thing it was deleted.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » August 24th, 2019, 1:33 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
l33t2 wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

That's fine, and always good to get that perspective as you can learn quite a bit. But I get the feeling he doesn't think his archaic view is wrong, I know people from that generation who got married at 14 but would never recommend or think it ok if their grandchildren did the same.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 24th, 2019, 2:00 pm

l33t2 wrote:That's fine, and always good to get that perspective as you can learn quite a bit. But I get the feeling he doesn't think his archaic view is wrong, I know people from that generation who got married at 14 but would never recommend or think it ok if their grandchildren did the same.

that's because he doesn't. To some degree, he actually would prefer is society reverted to those practices.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 24th, 2019, 2:04 pm

88sins wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Sat is a old bad joke.

believe what you will, but Sat didn't do that, & I honestly doubt that educating females was high on his list of priorities back then. The laws of T&Tis what made that possible, since it was made mandatory that all children, regardless of gender or religion MUST attend primary school at the very least. Thus the development of our free education system, open and available to all chidren.
I sure if you left it to him, the only education girls back then & now would receive is how to make a proper roti, how to keep house & to make children.

There is a sort of informal caste system in T&T, and there is also an informal tiered elitist sytem in place as well, & ppl don't genrally like to think about either of them much. But save for their few similarities(degrees of separatism, etc), they are two entirely different things. One is based on who you are or what family you were born into, while the other is primarily based on what you have & who you know & who knows you. So as a result getting into the elite in society is easy enough (make enough $$ & big wig pals & you basically in the upper echelons of society), while the getting out of the caste system is rather dificult since you are supposedly born into it & the only way to escape it is through alteration of your lineage, which is impossible, or the lineage of future generations, which can be done, but is not easy since a Brahmin beta would never be allowed by his parents to marry a Dalit beti.

Both systems are kaka in my book, but whoever want to live their life like that I glad for them, feel free, me eh business
But I eh entertaining nobody bringing either one around me cus I don't prescribe to either.
Little to none Dalits was recuited for indenturedship. Cause they knew nothing about agriculture and was of no use.

Those that came were from farmer class/caste and was targeted by the recruiters.

Even those that proclaim tobe Brahmins were from the lower end of and subset of the Brahmin class. Some was not even Brahmins.

Lou Screuz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Lou Screuz » August 24th, 2019, 6:14 pm

I am a hindu and i reading some of these comments here and on other topics and i have to wonder what and where d moddacont people does get their information about hindu people from ?

I never in my life ever hear anybody beat up or talk about caste other than what caste is - everybody born with certain gifts and traits - and if you smart you will pay close attention to yourself and align your life. You dont have to - but if you smart you will. If you have a natural inclination to construction and technical drawing but you cannot sing to save your life- is bess you go and do that instead of trying to be a soca artist. It means if you smart you marrid somebody you most compatible with. That wrong ?

It cannot be a "skin colour" thing neither - my whole life almost EVERY hindu couple i know up to my own mother and father is different skin tone / facial structure / body type / hair type/ height. About 1/8 people in the temple i attend is visibly mixed race and everybody does get along. Same temple raise money for a black woman nearby to get medical help. Same temple raise money for dominica. Same temple donate food and schoolbooks to Greenvale.

so what all you people does be talking about ?

Hindu "child marriage". Long time marriage was about community - not 2 people "falling in love". Life wasn't about what you an darlin want - it was about you and she AND your inlaws not starving and living in d road. So that is why my granny and grandpa get married at 15 and 17 - it was a pledge and pooling of family resources - They meet each other in d morning for the first time ever - married just before lunch - then that afternoon grandpa went back to rio claro and granny went back to siparia and then they did not see each other again until they was about 19 and grandpa had a actual trade. They did not start making children left right center that night at age 14 and then cry that HDC give them a house and is d syrian and kamla thief out dey morney.

Last I heard the sdms was suggesting 16 be the age - simply because sometimes teenage couples get pregnant and this would give them options. I see no reason to be against that - especially if their parents are involved. By 16 you can get a job - or at least be in training for one - you know what you are doing and where babies come from. Funny how nobody calls out the people of another certain religion who was pushing for age 12.

Aye I-Carly, if you name man - stop worring about people name maraj - why you don't go and find and video people name bakr and abdulla and ask them about ACTUAL child marriage ? Why you don't go and do an interview about that ? Livestream it - Ask them about how a famous middle eastern man who we does wish peace onto did marrid a six year old and consummate it when she turn 9. I would be most interested in seeing their response to you, LIVE on youtube :twisted: .

It have a man who openly admitted to recruiting trinidadians for ISIS walking around free and literally hugging up attorney general - all ah wee quiet about that - But Sat Maharaj reads an article written by a tobagonian about tobagonians and points out the fact that 12000 people getting more money than 1200000 and gets charged for sedition . we forking mad in this place.

- it needs to be said - Most of the Sat-Maharaj-hate in this country is nothing more than jealousy and an attempt to pull down an otherwise harmless person who never force anybody to do anything. It have a kind of people who just plain hate hindus for political reasons and they take any chance they can get to pull down what and who they believe gives Hindu people structure. The envy is real.

Stop getting your information about hindu people from pentecostal churches, pnm/small-islander-hosted talk radio and the not-so-secret-isis-imams. :fist:

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 24th, 2019, 6:44 pm

aye look Sat on tuner :lol:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”