Forums

Sat Maharaj - RIP

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: Sat Maharaj - RIP

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 18th, 2019, 10:55 am

lazytrini wrote:You all need to get one thing straight, Sat didn't help *all* the Indians in T&T, he only worked for the Hindus, he didn't do jack sheit for the Muslims.

Daz where inshan come een...what did he do for muslims? Sat fought for his hindus...for his religion and his beliefs

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 18th, 2019, 10:55 am

lazytrini wrote:You all need to get one thing straight, Sat didn't help *all* the Indians in T&T, he only worked for the Hindus, he didn't do jack sheit for the Muslims.

To be fair he also didn't help the Presbyterian Indians, the Catholic Indians and all the other Christian Indians either

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 18th, 2019, 10:55 am

Yeah and?

Wheres the muslim leader ?

Cant they speak for their own ?

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » November 18th, 2019, 10:56 am

zoom rader wrote:

Yeah and?

For a non hindu you real Hindu boy zoom. Was da one?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 18th, 2019, 10:57 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

To be fair he also didn't help the Presbyterian Indians, the Catholic Indians and all the other Christian Indians either

Why should he?

These Indians look down on Hindus

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 18th, 2019, 11:01 am

This thread so full of chit its comically depressing.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 18th, 2019, 11:05 am

mero wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Yeah and?

I remember years ago PNM kids would pick and bully Indo kids in primary school cause they brought their own food to school. At that's young age I always wondered why, as I grew older I got to understood why. That's simple bullying of indo kids grew into what we see as racism supported by the PNM. One Group of people bullying another and then Sat comes along exposing the mistreatment of his people, as he exposes the ills he is branded as a racist.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 18th, 2019, 11:06 am

Redman wrote:This thread so full of chit its comically depressing.

Run back to your PNM cave

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 18th, 2019, 11:24 am

zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:This thread so full of chit its comically depressing.

Run back to your PNM cave

As I said depressing.

apole69
Street 2NR

Postby apole69 » November 18th, 2019, 11:45 am

zoom rader wrote:
apole69 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
screwbash wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:Different wars on fb over Sat

This is all true

Sat did not only defend his people he defended all injuns.

All the other injuns up the islands have all lost their injun culture and heritage. They even dont carry injun surnames or know about injun foods or customs.

All in all injuns are weak and cowards.
They let PNM ppl walk all over them and take advantage of them.

We have ingorant PNM arseholes who scare of Hindu pray flags, that's the kind of society we will live.

indians wuda progress wit or witout sat. schools wuda gone from cowshed to what it is today with or witout him. that is progress govern by the environment around us. africans still progress without knowing their culture etc, the issues is they adapt this amerikan style and it destrying us. mother Theresa is considered a saint but she only help the indians after she converted them to Christianity so many of them changed their name from persad to peters and maharaj to mary and followed the western world and that is progress based on the environment around them. with or witout sat ah doubles wud still b $5, divali go fall on the correct day and indian families go send their chirren to the western world to educate them selves and they go forget not eating beef and start bussing up a big mac, they go forget the roti and start haing steak and bake potato because that is the environment they are in.

PNM at its best.

That's definitely not true ! Life goes on regardless. Trinidad could have gone the way of Jamaica and assimilated the east indians into the Creole culture, but because of people like SAT Hindus held onto their culture and religon and their own identity. He demanded that society accept the Hindu as he was and refused to conform to be accepted.
this is why the Hindus are viewed as second class citizens and are always told to go back to India.

PNM tried for years to assimilated injuns, All the other Caribbean Islands you have people that look like Injuns but carry a Caribbean creole culture. They know nothing about injun culture.

Paul Marajh better known as the DON Dada ( Super Cat ) hails from Jamaica , and is from East Indian ancestry !

apole69
Street 2NR

Postby apole69 » November 18th, 2019, 11:56 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

Daz where inshan come een...what did he do for muslims? Sat fought for his hindus...for his religion and his beliefs

So, the removal of the Trinity Cross didn't benefit anyone else ?
The Sedition Laws which he challenged was for the Hindu community alone ?
Sat was a multi faceted individual ! Pity that some only wants to focus on what they perceive to be negative !

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 18th, 2019, 1:06 pm

zoom rader wrote:
mero wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Yeah and?

I remember years ago PNM kids would pick and bully Indo kids in primary school cause they brought their own food to school. At that's young age I always wondered why, as I grew older I got to understood why. That's simple bullying of indo kids grew into what we see as racism supported by the PNM. One Group of people bullying another and then Sat comes along exposing the mistreatment of his people, as he exposes the ills he is branded as a racist.

I would not go as far and say it was supported by the PNM, but i had the benefit to do a survey for a project in several secondary schools which had to do with bullying over a decade ago. Even though i could not explicitly state the following in my findings, a lot of indo kids were being bullied or harassed (for food or money) by afro kids in many areas of Trinidad. Indos (not as bad as chinese) are submissive altho that has been slowly changing over the years. It happens in female schools also where indo or mixed girls were harassed by afro girls because of the color of their skin. If the parents had the chance, both the boys and girls would be transferred out. Indo girls would end up in a "prestige" while mixed would end up in an international school.

The incidences are VERY high in government schools. Denominational schools are lower but incidences do happen.

To be fair, there are a lot of issues that some afro kids endure that spill over into the school system that needs to be addressed. Broken families, drugs, gangsta culture, etc.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 18th, 2019, 1:11 pm

apole69 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
apole69 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
screwbash wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

This is all true

All the other injuns up the islands have all lost their injun culture and heritage. They even dont carry injun surnames or know about injun foods or customs.

We have ingorant PNM arseholes who scare of Hindu pray flags, that's the kind of society we will live.

indians wuda progress wit or witout sat. schools wuda gone from cowshed to what it is today with or witout him. that is progress govern by the environment around us. africans still progress without knowing their culture etc, the issues is they adapt this amerikan style and it destrying us. mother Theresa is considered a saint but she only help the indians after she converted them to Christianity so many of them changed their name from persad to peters and maharaj to mary and followed the western world and that is progress based on the environment around them. with or witout sat ah doubles wud still b $5, divali go fall on the correct day and indian families go send their chirren to the western world to educate them selves and they go forget not eating beef and start bussing up a big mac, they go forget the roti and start haing steak and bake potato because that is the environment they are in.

PNM at its best.

That's definitely not true ! Life goes on regardless. Trinidad could have gone the way of Jamaica and assimilated the east indians into the Creole culture, but because of people like SAT Hindus held onto their culture and religon and their own identity. He demanded that society accept the Hindu as he was and refused to conform to be accepted.
this is why the Hindus are viewed as second class citizens and are always told to go back to India.

PNM tried for years to assimilated injuns, All the other Caribbean Islands you have people that look like Injuns but carry a Caribbean creole culture. They know nothing about injun culture.

Paul Marajh better known as the DON Dada ( Super Cat ) hails from Jamaica , and is from East Indian ancestry !
Yeah so that means what?

Does he sing Classical Injun songs or hindi Bajans?
Last edited by zoom rader on November 18th, 2019, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » November 18th, 2019, 1:22 pm

Don't the muslims have their patron saint? Any snakbar?

Lou Screuz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Lou Screuz » November 18th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

Tell that to all the Presbyterians, Muslims, Catholics, Afro-Trinidadian, Chinese etc. who happily send their children to Maha Sabha schools.

Tell that to all the poor people of all races, places and religion in this country that Maha Sabha/Hindu people does be quietly helping out. ( just because Hindu people does not take drone footage of their works and charity and post it up all over the TV and social media does not mean it have none ).

Poor non-indo-non-Hindu children - I dont mean HDC give mummy a house and a CEPEP wukk poor - I mean --- one bedroom old wood and galvanize shack on swampy ground downwind of burning rubbish - does get school books and school places thanks to Hindu people in this country - I know because I am involved.

We real kicksy in this place. Everybody know how to pull down and criticise.

Not everybody know how to GET OFF THEY ASS and work for the betterment of the world around them and build up their own country instead of running off to Brooklyn and Queens to post on facebook how "the hindu people teef out te forein exchange and shut down d sea bridge kee kee kee"

Not everybody know how to eat breakfast alone and take what would have been spend on lunch and dinner to donate to something outside of themselves. Dont let the big belly and the big house fool you. That is what plenty Hindu people in this place did, doing and always will do.

A man and a organisation stand up for equal rights - and does get called racist.

A man and a organisation build secondary schools w/ laboratories and av room and music class for young women - and does get called sexist and oppressive.

I guess they wasnt perfect enough for alyuh.

The real problem all the haters on social media have- all who celebrating Sat death and who using this opportunity to unveil they usually thinly veiled racism and hatred against Hindu/Indo people...

....Is that none of them could ever do and achieve what Sat and the Maha Sabha has acheived - for ALL people of Trinidad and Tobago....

They want Hindu people to be drunkards , impoverished and telling reporters that "she could put it in she leg". That will suit their world view.

Competence and Success does get the arrogant low intelligence and incompetent people bitter and resentful.

I say it again - this weird obsession with Sat Maharaj and the Maha Sabha needs to end. Stop worrying about Sat and the Maha Sabha.

Stop trying to pull down the Hindu.

You will only keep pulling down yourself.

That is a promise :fist:

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 18th, 2019, 2:35 pm

Lou Screuz wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Tell that to all the Presbyterians, Muslims, Catholics, Afro-Trinidadian, Chinese etc. who happily send their children to Maha Sabha schools.

Tell that to all the poor people of all races, places and religion in this country that Maha Sabha/Hindu people does be quietly helping out. ( just because Hindu people does not take drone footage of their works and charity and post it up all over the TV and social media does not mean it have none ).

Poor non-indo-non-Hindu children - I dont mean HDC give mummy a house and a CEPEP wukk poor - I mean --- one bedroom old wood and galvanize shack on swampy ground downwind of burning rubbish - does get school books and school places thanks to Hindu people in this country - I know because I am involved.

Not everybody know how to GET OFF THEY ASS and work for the betterment of the world around them and build up their own country instead of running off to Brooklyn and Queens to post on facebook how "the hindu people teef out te forein exchange and shut down d sea bridge kee kee kee"

Not everybody know how to eat breakfast alone and take what would have been spend on lunch and dinner to donate to something outside of themselves. Dont let the big belly and the big house fool you. That is what plenty Hindu people in this place did, doing and always will do.

A man and a organisation stand up for equal rights - and does get called racist.

A man and a organisation build secondary schools w/ laboratories and av room and music class for young women - and does get called sexist and oppressive.

The real problem all the haters on social media have- all who celebrating Sat death and who using this opportunity to unveil they usually thinly veiled racism and hatred against Hindu/Indo people...

....Is that none of them could ever do and achieve what Sat and the Maha Sabha has acheived - for ALL people of Trinidad and Tobago....

They want Hindu people to be drunkards , impoverished and telling reporters that "she could put it in she leg". That will suit their world view.

Competence and Success does get the arrogant low intelligence and incompetent people bitter and resentful.

I say it again - this weird obsession with Sat Maharaj and the Maha Sabha needs to end. Stop worrying about Sat and the Maha Sabha.

Dude take a chill pill!!!

And just for the record I went to Tunapuna Hindu Primary School, my wife went to Lakshmi (as well as 3 of her sisters) and my son although in pre school will be going to El Dorado South Hindu. I am eternally grateful for the opportunities the SDMS and by extension Sat offered those who did not wish to change their names to William, Samuel, Barbara and Pearl (using those names as an example because I actually know of some 65+ year old people who used those actual names to get into school back in the 50s and 60s)

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » November 18th, 2019, 3:30 pm

screwbash wrote: that is progress govern by the environment around us. africans still progress without knowing their culture etc, the issues is they adapt this amerikan style and it destrying us.
So you are saying that culture does not matter because Indians would have progressed without their culture, just like the Africans progressed without their culture but all of the problems with the Africans arose from them progressing without their culture?!

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » November 18th, 2019, 3:31 pm

daz no scene cause jus like sat your opinion doh change a ting in the scheme of life cause u not important. ah doubles is still a $5.
Gladiator wrote:Sorry bro... but that's the most stupid thing I ever read.
screwbash wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

This is all true

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » November 18th, 2019, 3:39 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
screwbash wrote: that is progress govern by the environment around us. africans still progress without knowing their culture etc, the issues is they adapt this amerikan style and it destrying us.
So you are saying that culture does not matter because Indians would have progressed without their culture, just like the Africans progressed without their culture but all of the problems with the Africans arose from them progressing without their culture?!

the problem with the africans is that they adopted a amerikan culture, the indians bring they culture with dem on the fatal razak and with or without sat they wuda still have they culture and progress cause the world progress around them. people adapt to the environment around them. look at a man who leff tobago and settle in a new environment in the US came a big actor and he family grow up in tobago and watch the difference in life.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 18th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Lou Screuz wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

PREACH FADDA!!!

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 18th, 2019, 4:32 pm

CNC3: Maha Sabha has lifted the media ban on Sat's funeral.

Halfbreed12
Street 2NR

Postby Halfbreed12 » November 18th, 2019, 4:40 pm

toyota2nr wrote:
Halfbreed12 wrote:One less racist in Trinidad

How so? Rowley eh dead yet...

black people cant be racist

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 18th, 2019, 5:36 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Blast is de man that actually had an interview with Sat.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 18th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Halfbreed12 wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:
Halfbreed12 wrote:One less racist in Trinidad

How so? Rowley eh dead yet...

black people cant be racist

I never could comprehend that dotish phrase.... you know what it supposed to mean?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 18th, 2019, 9:32 pm

vaiostation wrote:I never understand why people seem more outraged about a young gyul getting married, but they normal with de same yung gyul have an orgy with a set ah man, and getting pregnant before she is even 13 for 3 different man. No issue there ofcourse.

Which people would rather for their child?

But I suppose is whatever the white man approve, we accept.

This has nothing to do with the "white man"

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 19th, 2019, 12:19 am

Sat sleeping sound and heartburn still going on with pnmites. They trying hard to discredit then you read clapbacks like this. Zoom you'll be proud.

"they only listen to instructions from soca singers. They’ll get something to wave and will pick up anything other than a book."

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » November 19th, 2019, 6:32 am

Religious and cultural discrimination
(A throw back to one of Sat articles.)

Sat Ma­haraj

When Dr Er­ic Williams, first Prime Min­is­ter of Trinidad and To­ba­go, de­scribed all Hin­du schools as "cow­sheds," his sup­port­ers at Wood­ford Square en­joyed the sar­casm and dis­dain from the man whom some would like to de­scribe "the fa­ther of the na­tion."

Rather than help the Hin­du com­mu­ni­ty trans­form these "cow­shed" schools, he and his po­lit­i­cal par­ty, the Peo­ple's Na­tion­al Move­ment (PNM), con­tin­ued the re­li­gious, cul­tur­al and even racial dis­crim­i­na­tion against the in­di­an com­mu­ni­ty and more es­pe­cial­ly the Hin­dus of Trinidad and To­ba­go. South of the Ca­roni Riv­er was re­gard­ed by the PNM gov­ern­ment who ruled Trinidad and To­ba­go for 30 con­sec­u­tive years (1956-1986), as for­eign ter­ri­to­ry.

The roads were left un­paved and im­pass­able, wa­ter to the house­holds was at a pre­mi­um and oth­er ser­vices that were avail­able to cit­i­zens else­where were de­nied the peo­ple south of the riv­er. Even sec­ondary schools for our chil­dren did not come to Coun­ty Ca­roni and else­where in the coun­try­side un­til a change of gov­ern­ment in 1986.

Chil­dren from Fe­lic­i­ty were sent to sec­ondary schools as far as South East Port-of-Spain. Par­ents had to de­lib­er­ate­ly with­draw their chil­dren from these sec­ondary schools be­cause they full well un­der­stood the in­tent and pur­pose of the place­ment of the sec­ondary school chil­dren.

But then Dr Er­ic Williams and the PNM were con­tin­u­ing the colo­nial pol­i­cy of con­ver­sion and mix­ing of the races. Mor­ton Klass in his book East In­di­ans in Trinidad, fo­cused on this prob­lem in the fol­low­ing words: "As an in­den­tured labour­er on a sug­ar plan­ta­tion of ei­ther Trinidad or British Guiana, the East In­di­an im­mi­grant was re­quired to as­sume a po­si­tion with­in the plan­ta­tion so­cial sys­tem. The po­si­tion in which he found him­self was one on­ly re­cent­ly va­cat­ed by a freed slave."

Klass con­tin­ued, "The plan­ta­tion sys­tem had de­vel­oped dur­ing slav­ery and it did not sub­stan­tial­ly change dur­ing the pe­ri­od of in­den­tured labour. No pro­vi­sion was made for be­hav­iour pat­terns ap­pro­pri­ate to the im­mi­grants' so­ci­ety of ori­gin, and by the very na­ture of the sys­tem there was min­i­mal op­por­tu­ni­ty for the ex­er­cis­ing of such pat­terns."

Dr Cuth­bert Joseph, Min­is­ter of Ed­u­ca­tion and Cul­ture in the PNM gov­ern­ment, de­liv­ered a speech at the JFK lec­ture the­atre UWI, St Au­gus­tine on Au­gust 12, 1981 in which, for the first time a PNM politi­cian of his stature recog­nised the dif­fi­cul­ties that In­di­ans of Hin­du and Is­lam­ic ori­gin faced since their ar­rival on May 30, 1845 aboard the SS Fa­tal Raza­ck. Dr Joseph said: A few facts will pro­vide the ev­i­dence of cul­tur­al dis­crim­i­na­tion against In­di­ans dur­ing the colo­nial pe­ri­od:

a. The recog­ni­tion of imams as mar­riage of­fi­cers for Mus­lims was con­ced­ed on­ly in 1936 with the pass­ing of the Mus­lim Mar­riage and Di­vorce Or­di­nance.

b. The recog­ni­tion of pun­dits as mar­riage of­fi­cers for Hin­dus was le­galised on­ly in 1946 with the en­act­ment of the Hin­du Mar­riage Or­di­nance;

c. Le­gal pro­vi­sion was made for the cre­ma­tion of the dead in ac­cor­dance with Hin­du rites on­ly in 1953 through the pass­ing of the Cre­ma­tion Or­di­nance.

d. State as­sis­tance, of­fered since 1870 to Chris­t­ian de­nom­i­na­tions, for the op­er­a­tion of de­nom­i­na­tion­al pri­ma­ry schools was ex­tend­ed to Mus­lims on­ly in 1948 and to the Hin­du com­mu­ni­ty on­ly in 1951;

e. Pro­pos­als for the in­tro­duc­tion of uni­ver­sal adult suf­frage in 1946 at­tempt­ed to ex­clude sec­tions of the In­di­an com­mu­ni­ty through the ap­pli­ca­tion of a lit­er­a­cy test;

f. Up to the 1940s be­cause of the high lev­el of il­lit­er­a­cy then ex­ist­ing among rur­al In­di­ans, a rel­a­tive­ly small num­ber of them were to be found in the Gov­ern­ment Ser­vices and in the pro­fes­sions.

Writ­ing about the cul­tur­al dis­crim­i­na­tion suf­fered by In­di­ans in colo­nial Trinidad, CR Ot­t­ley had this to say: "It is of in­ter­est to ob­serve that it was the wear­ing of the trousers, jack­et and tie which first al­lowed him (the In­di­an) to make a breach in the high wall of so­cial os­tracism.

The In­di­an recog­nised that he could on­ly en­ter in­to those sec­tions of the so­cial mo­sa­ic con­sid­ered re­spectable, if he garbed him­self in the com­mon wear...Al­though his tra­di­tion­al wear was very much more in keep­ing with the cli­mat­ic and eco­nom­ic con­di­tions in which he had his be­ing, to be ac­cept­ed by mem­bers of the larg­er so­ci­ety he had to dress 'prop­er­ly".

"Above all, and this placed him (the In­di­an) square­ly out­side the pale, he did not wor­ship the one and on­ly God ex­ist­ing at that time in Trinidad-the God Almighty of the Chris­tians...To all and sundry he was a hea­then, a fourth-class cit­i­zen liv­ing in a world of his own...This dis­dain and mis­in­ter­pre­ta­tion of the way of life of the In­di­an left him liv­ing in a sort of im­peri­um in im­pe­rio in re­la­tion to the larg­er so­ci­ety."

• Sat­narayan Ma­haraj Sec­re­tary Gen­er­al Sanatan Dhar­ma Ma­ha Sab­ha

https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... 9a1592c36e

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 19th, 2019, 6:49 am

When Garcia et al saw the cowshed schools mash up the place, they try all how to delay the awarding of schols...all kinda thing they want to try to get their own to top the country...and people want to talk about indo trinis with disdane...the people work hard for what they want...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 19th, 2019, 7:14 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:When Garcia et al saw the cowshed schools mash up the place, they try all how to delay the awarding of schols...all kinda thing they want to try to get their own to top the country...and people want to talk about indo trinis with disdane...the people work hard for what they want...

You see morons like Redman and his PNM idiots label this thread so full of chit its comically depressing.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 19th, 2019, 7:17 am

Zoomindra you de fly dong for de funeral dey bai?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”