Electricity Issues South

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

QM
Street 2NR

Electricity Issues South

Postby QM » July 16th, 2016, 10:08 am

Hi,

Anyone having issues with electricity in San Fernando? I've tried calling several times to TTEC trouble report but after it goes through the entire queuing process they drop the call.

Any information as to when it might be back up?

Thanks.

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Re: Electricity Issues South

Postby Swisha » July 16th, 2016, 11:18 am

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » July 16th, 2016, 11:21 am

What area in San Fernando exactly?

JF.K
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby JF.K » July 16th, 2016, 11:34 am

Topic will change soon to electricity issues in Trinidad.

Based on what I hearing..
The PNM government shafting they own supporters in T&TEC without regard.

(This is what I heard the workers saying)

BIG BLUE
Street 2NR

Postby BIG BLUE » July 16th, 2016, 11:45 am

Buy your candles

camerabanton
Ricer

Postby camerabanton » July 16th, 2016, 11:52 am

JF.K wrote:Topic will change soon to electricity issues in Trinidad.

Based on what I hearing..
The PNM government shafting they own supporters in T&TEC without regard.

(This is what I heard the workers saying)

As a TTEC employee I must say political allegiance has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on. We are now in the 5th year of our wage negotiations and the PNM has only been in gov't for what? 9 months or so? So this has absolutely nothing to do with political party. Plus given the current rainfall a lot of incidents occur during this period of time it is not as a result of employees taking industrial action. Even though we are disheartened by the lengthy period of the negotiations we still take pride in executing our daily duties so the people of T&T especially on the southern distribution where I am employed shall not fall victim.

JF.K
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby JF.K » July 16th, 2016, 1:00 pm

camerabanton wrote:As a TTEC employee I must say political allegiance has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on. We are now in the 5th year of our wage negotiations and the PNM has only been in gov't for what? 9 months or so? So this has absolutely nothing to do with political party.

Well I have very good friends in T&TEC and are all saying that...

first it was this:

then it is still this:

I was just messaging my partner... Why are they saying that?
He said that their negotiations are already settled between the Management and Workers,
but the PNM government stepped in... putting it to a complete halt.
He said that even though T&TEC was forced "to give money" towards Public Servants back pay.....
("T&TEC workers protest $1.8 billion bond" - http://www.looptt.com/content/workers-p ... -bond-ttec)

..........the Board and Management still came to an agreement with the Union on negotiations after many months.

Then.... Mr Imbert said he was not in agreement - brought it to a stop.
Then after some months... the Utilities Minister supported the stop (alongside his recent "comments").

(so it was said so it was relayed)

One of them said...
"even though we agreed not accept any (cash) back pay, due to current economic standing, we just want the meagre percentage increase that is due to us. Especially since we are working for a salary that existed when bread was less than $5.00, and especially since we are accepting a percentage that is probably the lowest when compared to all other percentages given out (in various ministries and organizations)"

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » July 16th, 2016, 1:04 pm

Ahh did tell allyuh that. Every time pnm in power we does have power problems. Now they chettnin to go fullscale venezuela and pnm 1st year in office ent done yet.

Done hah meh money put aside for meh solar power if it starts gettin worse.

JF.K
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby JF.K » July 16th, 2016, 1:11 pm

I am also told that many workers were "kicking against" Roget because he has been somewhat silent for a long time since PNM took office.
It is also said that many top OWTU officials (aligned with T&TEC) were under fire from workers....
....they were accused of remaining mum wrt negotiations and other issues since they were given biased promotions for them or their family from the present government.

The pressure placed on these officials from the T&TEC workers caused this:

Roget warns of power cuts over T&TEC issues

Published: Friday, July 15, 2016

Members of the public have been warned there could be unexplained interruptions in the electricity supply if the Government does not move urgently to address issues of corruption and mismanagement at the Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission (T&TEC).

Blasting Public Utilities Minister Ancil Antoine for his arrogance and incompetence, president of the Oilfields Workers’ Trade Union (OWTU), Ancel Roget, yesterday promised they were “getting ready to rumble” due to the unfair and corrupt practices at the authority.

Standing in the rain as scores of T&TEC workers picketed the Ministry of Public Utilities, Elizabeth Street, Woodbrook, under the watchful eyes of heavily-armed police and members of the Special Branch, Roget called for Antoine to be removed as head of the ministry due to his incompetence and inability to address properly the issues affecting workers.

Addressing reporters, Roget said the workers were “infuriated” over Antoine’s statements, inferring that they were not working and that contract labour was the way to go to improve T&TEC’s operations.

Claiming it was these same workers that provided an essential service, Roget said: “The T&TEC worker provides power for the country, which is the same power the minister enjoys and, therefore, after putting their lives at risk to ensure reliability of this particular service to the country, for the minister to have made a statement like that which supports the corruption in T&TEC, because contract equals corruption, is disrespectful and contemptuous.

“For the minister to support contract work which violates the collective agreement and leaves the commission’s employees idle while the contractors have a field day, we feel that it is a sort of support for continuing the corruption we know exists at T&TEC.”

Urging Antoine to “get his act together,” Roget insisted that he should be investigated in terms of his competence and qualification to lead the ministry and for his continued support of the system at T&TEC.

Surrounded by the OWTU second vice-president, Peter Burke, and president of the Industrial General and Sanitation Workers Union (IGSWU), Robert Benacia, Roget said:

“We provide lights for everybody and a source of power for the country and if the workers are being disrespected and their jobs are being threatened and supported by the minister saying contract labour is preferred instead of the workers, you can very well expect a lot of action.”

He said payments had doubled as a result because permanent employees continued to collect a salary while contractors were also being paid to do the same job.

Roget added: “The contractors are not efficient or competent and are putting themselves and the public at risk when they are sent to do work that the trained workers are supposed to be performing.

“The workers then have to go back and correct the faults of the contractors and something is wrong with that equation.”

Even as a uniformed police officer halted the media briefing demanding to speak to Roget and insisting on the workers dispersing, Roget said:

“We are about dealing with all of that and if we cannot work in the bright light, we will do it without the light.”

The confrontation between the police and protestors simmered down following the intervention of a senior officer from the Woodbrook Police Station. who agreed the workers were not contravening the law as they were demonstrating in a peaceful manner and not obstructing the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic.

Before joining the protestors, Roget repeated: “When you have a minister who has a preference for contract work rather than permanent and competent employees, what in fact will happen both by the workers reaction and allowing contract workers to do their jobs, he is not guaranteeing a reliable supply of electricity.”

The OWTU head said the action would continue until immediate changes were made at T&TEC.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2016-07- ... tec-issues

camerabanton
Ricer

Postby camerabanton » July 16th, 2016, 1:13 pm

JF.K wrote:
camerabanton wrote:As a TTEC employee I must say political allegiance has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on. We are now in the 5th year of our wage negotiations and the PNM has only been in gov't for what? 9 months or so? So this has absolutely nothing to do with political party.

Well I have very good friends in T&TEC and are all saying that...

first it was this:

then it is still this:

I was just messaging my partner... Why are they saying that?
He said that their negotiations are already settled between the Management and Workers,
but the PNM government stepped in... putting it to a complete halt.
He said that even though T&TEC was forced "to give money" towards Public Servants back pay.....
("T&TEC workers protest $1.8 billion bond" - http://www.looptt.com/content/workers-p ... -bond-ttec)

..........the Board and Management still came to an agreement with the Union on negotiations after many months.

Then.... Mr Imbert said he was not in agreement - brought it to a stop.
Then after some months... the Utilities Minister supported the stop (alongside his recent "comments").

(so it was said so it was relayed)

One of them said...
"even though we agreed not accept any (cash) back pay, due to current economic standing, we just want the meagre percentage increase that is due to us. Especially since we are working for a salary that existed when bread was less than $5.00, and especially since we are accepting a percentage that is probably the lowest when compared to all other percentages given out (in various ministries and organizations)"

The issue of bonds was brought up but the OWTU came to the agreement that it was not an option. Figures were thrown out between management and the union which they agreed upon but it goes beyond a verbal agreement. The only concrete agreement was that of the job evaluation which can and should be implemented by now. The General Manager of the Commission went on to say that TTEC has no money to pay the workers back pay. The matter went to the courts and both the union and management had to return with specific information to support their cases. Upon investigation it was found that Ttec in fact has the money to pay. The matter was appealed however by the commission so basically it was back to the drawing board. The union in an effort to have the matter sorted out requested an audience with the finance minister who again requested certain information to be presented by both parties. The major issue with the finance minister is the amount of money to be paid as oppose to other governmental entities who's workforce is far more than Ttec yet their projected back pay was far less. So it's understandable that they would request further investigation into the matter. So the government ideally isn't the keep back for the negotiations because they were brought in at the latter 1/4

JF.K
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby JF.K » July 16th, 2016, 10:44 pm

camerabanton wrote:As a TTEC employee I must say....

camerabanton wrote:The General Manager of the Commission went on to say that TTEC has no money to pay the workers back pay. The matter went to the courts ...
Upon investigation it was found that T&TEC in fact has the money to pay.

I think that is a valid reason for the workers to be disgruntled.

camerabanton wrote:The major issue with the finance minister is the amount of money to be paid as oppose to other governmental entities who's workforce is far more than T&TEC yet their projected back pay was far less. So it's understandable that they would request further investigation into the matter.

This statement clearly shows that you are biased and uninformed.
No worker of a company will go on a public forum and say that it is understandable that their company owes them "too much" money and they have to rethink.
Stop trying to corrupt the public's mind with your propaganda.

Firstly, the recent wage negotiations agreed upon by management and the workers was the lowest percentage offered to any (major) organization over the last six years (approx). The workers also recently agreed, not take any lump sum backpay due to present economic standings.

Secondly, Which government entities are you making comparison to, that are in the energy sector or that are called "essential services"?

This is the same talk my partners telling me about… Their management and government want to say on one hand they are an “essential service” in the energy sector and they cannot strike etc...
but when it is time for salary negotiations… they are compared to Ministry workers rather than with other energy workers.

I want you to show which other “entities” you are comparing to that work within strict guidelines and standards monitored by an independent body called the RIC.
Which utility is the most efficient in this country?
Try calling WASA for an emergency, if a line burst or something… let me know when or if it will ever be resolved.

When I see how those (T&TEC) fellas work, and the strict timelines etc that they have to follow, I real feel it when their management and politicians talking about them like that.

I saw the public servants in the ministries got (2) negotiations settled while my bros in T&TEC struggling with this same one.

camerabanton wrote:So the government ideally isn't the keep back for the negotiations because they were brought in at the latter 1/4

Sorry to say, but this statement was spoken like a true political sheep.

The workers said that they are being sold out by the union heads along with false accusations from politicians.
They are also getting no valid reasoning from the present administration wrt stalled salary negotiations.
When the PP was there, they striked and protested against the same issues.
The situation these guys are in stemmed from both PP and PNM which is understood, but it is the administration that is in present existence will always be under fire.

What makes the employees even more disgruntled is when Roget and Rowley stood side by side prior elections.
Many T&TEC employees thought that would have positive impacts on their situation (especially with negotiations).
Then when they saw these OWTU (T&TEC) officials getting personal political favors and staying mum on everything else, it was clear that a sellout was taking place. An internal unrest began – especially since most of the employees are PNM supporters. Hence my first post.
They then started to put pressure on OWTU officials (internally) and hence the recent uproars from Roget and friends about outages etc.

You jump on a forum disguised as “a worker” only to defend a corrupt management linked to corrupt politics.
Do you even know why the management prefers contractors over employees for jobs?
Or are you conveniently ignorant to that as well?

Based on your posts, you are clearly one of the following:
• A suck up worker who tries to win a management approval with the hope of a promotion
• A suck up worker who is also a political sheep
• A political sheep
• All of the above and is also part of the company’s management

PS: after I showed the real T&TEC workers your posts they insisted that I waste a bit more time with this response.

camerabanton
Ricer

Postby camerabanton » July 19th, 2016, 9:32 pm

JF.K wrote:
camerabanton wrote:As a TTEC employee I must say....

camerabanton wrote:The General Manager of the Commission went on to say that TTEC has no money to pay the workers back pay. The matter went to the courts ...
Upon investigation it was found that T&TEC in fact has the money to pay.

I think that is a valid reason for the workers to be disgruntled.

camerabanton wrote:The major issue with the finance minister is the amount of money to be paid as oppose to other governmental entities who's workforce is far more than T&TEC yet their projected back pay was far less. So it's understandable that they would request further investigation into the matter.

This statement clearly shows that you are biased and uninformed.
No worker of a company will go on a public forum and say that it is understandable that their company owes them "too much" money and they have to rethink.
Stop trying to corrupt the public's mind with your propaganda.

Firstly, the recent wage negotiations agreed upon by management and the workers was the lowest percentage offered to any (major) organization over the last six years (approx). The workers also recently agreed, not take any lump sum backpay due to present economic standings.

Secondly, Which government entities are you making comparison to, that are in the energy sector or that are called "essential services"?

This is the same talk my partners telling me about… Their management and government want to say on one hand they are an “essential service” in the energy sector and they cannot strike etc...
but when it is time for salary negotiations… they are compared to Ministry workers rather than with other energy workers.

I want you to show which other “entities” you are comparing to that work within strict guidelines and standards monitored by an independent body called the RIC.
Which utility is the most efficient in this country?
Try calling WASA for an emergency, if a line burst or something… let me know when or if it will ever be resolved.

When I see how those (T&TEC) fellas work, and the strict timelines etc that they have to follow, I real feel it when their management and politicians talking about them like that.

I saw the public servants in the ministries got (2) negotiations settled while my bros in T&TEC struggling with this same one.

camerabanton wrote:So the government ideally isn't the keep back for the negotiations because they were brought in at the latter 1/4

Sorry to say, but this statement was spoken like a true political sheep.

The workers said that they are being sold out by the union heads along with false accusations from politicians.
They are also getting no valid reasoning from the present administration wrt stalled salary negotiations.
When the PP was there, they striked and protested against the same issues.
The situation these guys are in stemmed from both PP and PNM which is understood, but it is the administration that is in present existence will always be under fire.

What makes the employees even more disgruntled is when Roget and Rowley stood side by side prior elections.
Many T&TEC employees thought that would have positive impacts on their situation (especially with negotiations).
Then when they saw these OWTU (T&TEC) officials getting personal political favors and staying mum on everything else, it was clear that a sellout was taking place. An internal unrest began – especially since most of the employees are PNM supporters. Hence my first post.
They then started to put pressure on OWTU officials (internally) and hence the recent uproars from Roget and friends about outages etc.

You jump on a forum disguised as “a worker” only to defend a corrupt management linked to corrupt politics.
Do you even know why the management prefers contractors over employees for jobs?
Or are you conveniently ignorant to that as well?

Based on your posts, you are clearly one of the following:
• A suck up worker who tries to win a management approval with the hope of a promotion
• A suck up worker who is also a political sheep
• A political sheep
• All of the above and is also part of the company’s management

PS: after I showed the real T&TEC workers your posts they insisted that I waste a bit more time with this response.

Clearly I'm being misunderstood and if me thinking logically is a crime as opposed to just going on emotion and my being disgruntled well.... When I say it's understandable doesn't in any way say it's understandable. You're talking about workers being disgruntled by Rojet shaking hands with Rowley. Isn't it the same Ancil Roget and Errol McLeod that stood with the UNC gov't in full support as members of the PP didn't many of the workers at that time believe that that would've been a positive outcome? So political allegiance has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm saying and to even make it a factor shows what about your mindset?
We are an essential service and no one could dispute that we are the most efficient utility. Apparently your friends at TTEC opinions fall on a lot of hearsay and that's the type of thing that has us in the current situation we are in. We see management everyday taking steps to support their claims of workers being "unproductive". A blind man could see that is not true. But we see a company that allegedly has no money orienting contractors on a weekly basis and giving them the majority of the work. Yet crews continue to work alongside them. When I made the statement about it being understandable that they would question the figures and request further clarification it's not to say that I'm in agreement or saying the commission owes us "too much money" how you gathered that from my statement is beyond me. We see management bringing false information and certain union officers withholding important and crucial information that will assist us in negotiations.
What was promised or given to them or if this is based on outright foolishness is beyond me. I've never been one to go on hearsay,small talk and propaganda. I personally have seen and been a victim of victimization from the commission as well as many of my comrades so trust me when I tell you management and friend is nowhere nearrrrrr in my book.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » July 21st, 2016, 10:16 pm

Steups... all that talk. Alyuh just try and do alyuh wokk na. It had three outages between 10a.m. and 8p.m. today. About four at random times last week. South area, after ptown heading to rio area. And in the area I in the street light blow four times, after taking months to change a damm bulb. Imagine four months for just that. Now it blow AGAIN. Tell yuh fellow pallies in t&tec straighten up theyself na man. Is 2016.

camerabanton
Ricer

Postby camerabanton » July 21st, 2016, 11:16 pm

viedcht wrote:Steups... all that talk. Alyuh just try and do alyuh wokk na. It had three outages between 10a.m. and 8p.m. today. About four at random times last week. South area, after ptown heading to rio area. And in the area I in the street light blow four times, after taking months to change a damm bulb. Imagine four months for just that. Now it blow AGAIN. Tell yuh fellow pallies in t&tec straighten up theyself na man. Is 2016.

Well I can't speak on the cause of the outages today I'll gladly get some feedback and let you know what is what in the morning please God. As for street lighting it was the brilliant plan by management to create a separate unit to deal with street lighting throughout Trinidad and Tobago. We as employees have complained that the most logical thing is to put street lighting back into the areas instead of having a group of let's say 20 if so much employees handling the entire country. That way if we go to do work in an area which we've seen and residents complain about a street light it could be sorted one time. I feel your pain on the streetlight issue and trust me all employees share that same sentiment.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » July 21st, 2016, 11:28 pm

camerabanton wrote:
viedcht wrote:Steups... all that talk. Alyuh just try and do alyuh wokk na. It had three outages between 10a.m. and 8p.m. today. About four at random times last week. South area, after ptown heading to rio area. And in the area I in the street light blow four times, after taking months to change a damm bulb. Imagine four months for just that. Now it blow AGAIN. Tell yuh fellow pallies in t&tec straighten up theyself na man. Is 2016.

Well I can't speak on the cause of the outages today I'll gladly get some feedback and let you know what is what in the morning please God. As for street lighting it was the brilliant plan by management to create a separate unit to deal with street lighting throughout Trinidad and Tobago. We as employees have complained that the most logical thing is to put street lighting back into the areas instead of having a group of let's say 20 if so much employees handling the entire country. That way if we go to do work in an area which we've seen and residents complain about a street light it could be sorted one time. I feel your pain on the streetlight issue and trust me all employees share that same sentiment.

Thanks for whatever help you can do for us. ive called the public lighting section too many times complaining about that particular street light. This the third time this year it blew. A resident was assaulted /robbed in early hours in front my relatives home, easily ambushed because of the lack of lighting. When I relayed this over the phone, I was told the pl dept having some issues with supplies...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”