Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: RE: Re: Race car runs into spectators at Wallerfield

Postby Team Loco » July 25th, 2016, 2:22 pm

eliteauto wrote:
Team Loco wrote:
SR wrote:Love all the non motorsporting people analasys and who to blame

Ent

ENT what? What a crock of sheit, so if the lease of the facility which is soon up comes under review it will be ETECK motorsport ppl reviewing it? man STFU with the BS

cool it kermit

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » July 25th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Team Loco wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
Team Loco wrote:

Ent

ENT what? What a crock of sheit, so if the lease of the facility which is soon up comes under review it will be ETECK motorsport ppl reviewing it? man STFU with the BS

cool it kermit

show me your motorsports people ID card

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Race car runs into spectators at Wallerfield

Postby Team Loco » July 25th, 2016, 2:37 pm

Show me yours

Lance
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Race car runs into spectators at Wallerfield

Postby Lance » July 25th, 2016, 2:41 pm

eliteauto wrote:
Team Loco wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
Team Loco wrote:

Ent

cool it kermit

show me your motorsports people ID card

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » July 25th, 2016, 2:46 pm

It was great up to that point. Still safety was lacking in that area. That is a fact. Also a lolly man was on the track while cars were on the starting grid. So while the setting and execution was very good, there are still things that need improving.

Response time was very good as you pointed out.

Also, the fact that a good few of us could express our concern for that area as soon as we arrived says something. No need to be a part of motorsports to see "potential" danger. In fact, most times an "outsider" looking in and asking queations can raise issues that people inside take for granted or overlook.
Last edited by Morpheus on July 25th, 2016, 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » July 25th, 2016, 2:48 pm

rookie wrote:Image

I was telling someone that racetracks generally have a disclaimer telling patrons of the risk involved/etc. Well looky here.....

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » July 25th, 2016, 2:51 pm

Oh BTW, any update on the driver and the injured?

Lance
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Race car runs into spectators at Wallerfield

Postby Lance » July 25th, 2016, 2:57 pm

Morpheus wrote:
rookie wrote:Image

I was telling someone that racetracks generally have a disclaimer telling patrons of the risk involved/etc. Well looky here.....

Businss establishments and service providers commonly have some sort of liability clause embedded in their user agreements.

I am not an expert on tort law but these disclaimers do not automatically relinquish responsibility on the part of the service provider.

Negligence will dampen any notion of a disclaimer.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 25th, 2016, 3:03 pm

Did the machel stage collapse victim ever get some kind of compensation ?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 25th, 2016, 3:06 pm

Morpheus wrote:Oh BTW, any update on the driver and the injured?
the woman who ended up under the car is in stable condition at Mt Hope, she is conscious however she has suffered a damaged kidney, wrist fractured, broken rib that punctured the lungs, internal bleeding still and 5 of her vertebra are fractured. Her cousin who was next to her at the time is in surgery and sedated with a crushed ankle and broken tibia.

That's the report I got - still waiting to find out about the other spectators who were affected. :cry:

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » July 25th, 2016, 3:13 pm

Damn :(

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » July 25th, 2016, 3:14 pm

dang, well wishes to all impacted by the incident, this includes driver and spectators.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » July 25th, 2016, 3:21 pm

Damn thanks Duane...

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » July 25th, 2016, 4:10 pm

C News wrote:Wallerfield Accident Victims Suffer Broken Bones

A full investigation by police and the Trinidad and Tobago Automobile Sports Association is underway to determine the exact cause of Sunday's accident at the Caribbean Motor Racing Championships which took place at the Frankie Boodram International Raceway in Wallerfield.

Four persons were injured when a race car driven by David Lyons became airborne and careened into a spectator stand.

The victims are said to be in stable condition at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex.

They suffered broken hands and feet among other injuries and were undergoing scans on Monday to ensure they had not sustained internal injuries. Lyons walked away from the accident with minor injuries.

The Vice President of the Trinidad and Tobago Automobile Sports Association (TTASA), Mr. Jameer Ali, reportedly visited the victims on Monday morning.

He reportedly described the incident as a 'freak accident' and said all prescribed safety requirements were followed for Sunday's event.

The accident happened at about 6:30pm during the last lap of the last race when one of the race cars crashed into the tyre barriers on the track at Wallerfield. Moments later, Lyons' vehicle flew through the air before ploughing into the stands which were full with spectators.

Videos showing the crash were uploaded to social media.

coltspeed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby coltspeed » July 25th, 2016, 4:21 pm

*I wish all the best for david and hope that he continues to advance in the sport as i had been following his progress since they had re-opened the track and admired his capabilities with that swift.

* As for the spectators their is a disclaimer on the ticket, but you cant blame people who don't know, or did they read it/ can they read it? I wish this on no one as that could of been myself or my son.

* I have been marshaling for ttrc for quite some years "not of recent tho" and well experienced in keeping flipping/ rolling cars away from myself and the flesh & bones of curious spectators also the regular drunk obnoxious ones with no barriers except for adamantium caution tape. My fellow marshal and i have been ttrc's dangerous corner BAIT for some years as we learned to handle ourselves well all while keeping the stages running when accidents occur. That said: DAN that stan in d WRONG place!!!

*I hope to GOD that this does not set us back in motorsport AGAIN and we loose Wallerfield AGAIN and all motorsport disciplines get branded as drag racing AGAIN!!!

* The nations media sources seems to be literate in reading & writing but not understanding. We all know where they would take this story, especially the gubberment in their response!!!

my 2c

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » July 25th, 2016, 4:56 pm

Hope the inured will be alright. If they need blood I would be willing to donate if needed

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » July 25th, 2016, 5:13 pm

Dam that is really unfortunate. .. ...

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 25th, 2016, 5:16 pm

Have to repeat how glad I am they got the car off her so quickly. Her injuries sound severe though, hope she has a successful recovery.

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » July 25th, 2016, 5:39 pm

coltspeed wrote:*I wish all the best for david and hope that he continues to advance in the sport as i had been following his progress since they had re-opened the track and admired his capabilities with that swift.

* As for the spectators their is a disclaimer on the ticket, but you cant blame people who don't know, or did they read it/ can they read it? I wish this on no one as that could of been myself or my son.

* I have been marshaling for ttrc for quite some years "not of recent tho" and well experienced in keeping flipping/ rolling cars away from myself and the flesh & bones of curious spectators also the regular drunk obnoxious ones with no barriers except for adamantium caution tape. My fellow marshal and i have been ttrc's dangerous corner BAIT for some years as we learned to handle ourselves well all while keeping the stages running when accidents occur. That said: DAN that stan in d WRONG place!!!

*I hope to GOD that this does not set us back in motorsport AGAIN and we loose Wallerfield AGAIN and all motorsport disciplines get branded as drag racing AGAIN!!!

* The nations media sources seems to be literate in reading & writing but not understanding. We all know where they would take this story, especially the gubberment in their response!!!

my 2c

Real cents there boy - more than 2 8-)

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 25th, 2016, 5:46 pm

kjaglal76v2 wrote:
Bezman wrote: the rx7 actually cleared the way for the swift to have nothing to slow him down.

First thing I noticed, rx7 made a lil ramp for the swift
mad max business going on.

i look at this a learning experience. we have a bit of a real world example of how the energies involved can move, so now we can extrapolate and determine where higher and stronger barricades can work, and where it is better to be safe than sorry and jut not put it.

the car kinda dive over the rx and landed in the stand, so in this specific instance, tall beams might have caught the car and kept it from going off of the track area.

remember, above a80 kmph, u must have proper engineering to be safe.

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » July 25th, 2016, 5:47 pm

dis man doh miss notten..Ian on location..lol

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » July 25th, 2016, 7:42 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Morpheus wrote:Oh BTW, any update on the driver and the injured?
the woman who ended up under the car is in stable condition at Mt Hope, she is conscious however she has suffered a damaged kidney, wrist fractured, broken rib that punctured the lungs, internal bleeding still and 5 of her vertebra are fractured. Her cousin who was next to her at the time is in surgery and sedated with a crushed ankle and broken tibia.

That's the report I got - still waiting to find out about the other spectators who were affected. :cry:

Thanks for the update Duane..... is there any update on the driver ?? how is he doing ??
things like this cud wreck a man nerves....

I cannot say who is at fault or who is to blame as I myself have never been to one of these events - yes I know never having been to one it easy to say blame XYZ party cause of ABC reason. or worse yet not understanding what takes place..

WRT the disclaimer on the tickets...the disclaimer is not and should not be a case of " we not liable if you here" instead it should be "we are aware of the dangers and would like to remind you of such."
I think some are equating the disclaimer on the ticket as the same on parking lots. - ie you own your own and we not liable.

SR wrote:Love all the non motor sporting people analysis and who to blame

finally I would like to ask how does one classify a person as being motor sporting / non motor sporting ??

is it by havin "ah project car - which is typically a fass up SR20DE/VE in a b12/13/14/15"
OR
a "build" which never complete goin on 5 yrs now........
OR
always going up Wallerfield to WATCH drags.......
OR
drag racing on the highway???
OR
by buying a high performance skyline / Evo / STi.....and installing a nice body kit on it and leaving it park up in the garage ???

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » July 25th, 2016, 7:44 pm

Joel Villafanna now report on the "drag racing" accident lol

Shifter Kart
Street 2NR

Postby Shifter Kart » July 25th, 2016, 7:45 pm

TriP wrote:dis man doh miss notten..Ian on location..lol

300mph.... :|

this is the kind of ignorance that is gonna get the sport killed.

megadoc1
punchin NOS

Postby megadoc1 » July 25th, 2016, 8:12 pm

this is very sad

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Race car runs into spectators at Wallerfield

Postby j.o.e » July 25th, 2016, 8:18 pm

That stand was for those who wanted HD and 3D ....... Where you can actually FEEL the action

Like wow it looks like the cars are coming straight at you

coltspeed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby coltspeed » July 25th, 2016, 8:24 pm

skylinechild wrote:is it by havin "ah project car - which is typically a fass up SR20DE/VE in a b12/13/14/15"

ay, ay, ay, ........ eh
something rong orrr. y u stereotyping the official T&T fast car conversions. :lol:

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » July 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Skylinechild if you read someof the comments off the article on cnc3 then sr's comment makes sense

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » July 25th, 2016, 10:11 pm

Real tragic boy...wth

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”