TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

PNM in Gov't(2015-2020)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: PNM in Gov't - 2 YEARS LATER!?!?!?!?!?

Postby car » November 17th, 2017, 8:40 am

drchaos wrote:You see the Optometrists have to price rent, eye tests/equipment, payment of local staff and all that so they ... This also add value to the economy as they have to put revenue back in the form of rent and salaries.

Hopefully the govahment will make skyboxing more expensive so you can choose the better option for the economy.

You have to remember that when you skybox something you also pay the the salaries, equipment, rent and so on to the the local skybox operators. You still putting back revenue towards the country.
What I’m avoiding is the excessive mark up the optometrist is giving me. If his price was $900 I would gladly purchase from him.

And raising tax is not the way to guide the consumer to where he spend his money. Reducing profits is the honest way and best way.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 17th, 2017, 11:52 am

And with mine experience and many others, the end cost to the customer being cheaper than local store bought. I have to maximize the purchase power of each dollar I spend.
If the conglomerates get a better deal, and allow my purchasing power to be maximized, more power to them. But guess what. It doesn't.

But if it is better to buy groceries via barrel and shipping it, than a local grocery, the savings on USd by the conglomerates and the end price to the customer has a bigger margin than the cost price on Amazon and alibaba and the total invoice from the skybox.

Miss me with Ur trickonomics

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 17th, 2017, 12:03 pm

drchaos wrote:So the government should increase taxes on Sky boxes to bring them up to par?

If the conglomerate spend less USd per unit item Then sell at an 'exorbitant' price sky Box is levied upon to make the conglomerate the option to buy, there will be a great profit margin. Nothing to stop the conglomerate to capitalize on the vicarious tax exemption and just inflate prices to milk the situation.

Raise the price of the USd, whomever wants foreign, will have to think long and hard before they buy.

This way, everybody playing on a level playing feild.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 17th, 2017, 12:11 pm

drchaos wrote:You see the Optometrists have to price rent, eye tests/equipment, payment of local staff and all that so they ... This also add value to the economy as they have to put revenue back in the form of rent and salaries.

Hopefully the govahment will make skyboxing more expensive so you can choose the better option for the economy.

Thst way, u fuel inefficiency, and the wealth gets soaked up by those in position to control the goods.

Free enterprise allows the better, more efficient business model to proliferate and the fsir competition allows for profit margins to reduce. Those small profit margins is translated into to better purchasing power, which in turns allows for more disposable income and thus spending. Thst keeps the nuts man and the doubles man afloat. And more avenues for more incomes.

Keeping the big businessman alfoat just puts more money in their bank accounts. Restricting USd u fairly just shuts down the smaller businessman.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 17th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Adapt or perish.

Most of the local brick and mortar retail companies are failing to do this and hoping that protectionist policies will save them. They might have their way as they do have the resources to lobby politicians. I fully understand protectionist policies for the manufacturing sector once the quality is up to standard and the pricing is right. Locally produced products and even services should be protected to a degree where they will know that if they are not up to standard and price gouging ensues, government will lower restrictions for foreign competition to enter the market.

Increasing taxes on skybox companies to save greedy retail companies who will continually price gouge the public is a stupid idea. Hell... there are small and medium businesses who use skyboxes to import goods yet have unfair markups in their store. Car is correct, these retail companies needs to reduce their profits to compete with skybox/online shopping.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 17th, 2017, 8:21 pm

lololololololololololol :D

Government spent $222,178.75 to host the pre-budget forum at the Hyatt Regency a week before the national budget was presented according to Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister Stuart Young.

This included $2,500 for a make up artist and $53,235 for an events coordinator. The venue costs which included rental, food, sound system was $166,443.75.

Source: http://newsday.co.tt/2017/11/17/2500-fo ... up-artist/

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 17th, 2017, 8:24 pm

The_Honourable wrote:lololololololololololol :D

Government spent $222,178.75 to host the pre-budget forum at the Hyatt Regency a week before the national budget was presented according to Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister Stuart Young.

This included $2,500 for a make up artist and $53,235 for an events coordinator. The venue costs which included rental, food, sound system was $166,443.75.

So we eating green fig and salt to save the economy and they spending willy nilly.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 17th, 2017, 10:53 pm

Again you guys missing the point ... conglomerates are better for the forex shortage

Than smash wasting all we forex on amazon buying lube in preparation for the next budget.

Governments need to legislate to make inefficient uses of forex less attractive.

They are supposed to guide economic policy using taxes and subsidies.

Our economy does not work like the US or Europe ... our money carries the same value as toilet paper and we need to start fighting down this forex shortage before smash hadda take it from colm and the PNM with full friction.

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » November 17th, 2017, 11:24 pm

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 17th, 2017, 11:59 pm

drchaos wrote:Again you guys missing the point ... conglomerates are better for the forex shortage

Than smash wasting all we forex on amazon buying lube in preparation for the next budget.

Governments need to legislate to make inefficient uses of forex less attractive.

Our economy does not work like the US or Europe ... our money carries the same value as toilet paper and we need to start fighting down this forex shortage before smash hadda take it from colm and the PNM with full friction.

What is attractive about Courts and Standards using hundreds of thousands/million of forex to import containers of electronics and other crap to store in a warehouse and push out on the shelves over a 2 year period.... when on the flip side give the consumer the power to use a couple hundred dollars of forex he needs at that point in time to bring in only what he needs. Which is more conservative where forex is concerned??? Your argument is not logical...

The world is moving to online shopping.... the markup you pay locally has to compensate for all the overheads by the big companies. Online shopping eliminates all of that hidden costs.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 18th, 2017, 4:35 am

car wrote:

So we eating green fig and salt to save the economy and they spending willy nilly.

Did you not hear PNM ppl say they rather eat grass that vote for a non PNM government

kstt
Riding on 16's

Re: When Opposition buss a file PNM have one waiting to buss thread

Postby kstt » November 18th, 2017, 8:55 am

kstt wrote:Moonilal buss the textgate spying case against the AG
PNM buss one about Moonilal warrant and fraud case

Wade Mark buss the file about Cuffie cousin is EBC chief officer PNM buss file about buying an abandoned building and bring back up the nidco exaggerated highway payments.

This has been so obvious that it can be seen everyone.

What did the PNM come with when Moonilal buss the AG shooting children? Was the alleged killing of the soldier their comeback?

Please post similar cases. I will post as I remember.

kstt wrote:
vaiostation wrote:When anand get lock up, de petrotrin oil scandal buss...

Riiiiiiiiiggght

Well actually it's the other way around.

When Opposition buss fake oil scandal PNM charge Anand Ramlogan.

Now the PNM ebarassed by the attention of the China blank or the fake oil audit

So guess what

They investigating a million dollar acquisition of a building in Arima

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 18th, 2017, 9:02 am

zoom rader wrote:
car wrote:

Did you not hear PNM ppl say they rather eat grass that vote for a non PNM government

Awaits Stuart's response

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 18th, 2017, 10:11 am

Gladiator wrote:
drchaos wrote:Again you guys missing the point ... conglomerates are better for the forex shortage

What is attractive about Courts and Standards using hundreds of thousands/million of forex to import containers of electronics and other crap to store in a warehouse and push out on the shelves over a 2 year period.... when on the flip side give the consumer the power to use a couple hundred dollars of forex he needs at that point in time to bring in only what he needs. Which is more conservative where forex is concerned??? Your argument is not logical...

The world is moving to online shopping.... the markup you pay locally has to compensate for all the overheads by the big companies. Online shopping eliminates all of that hidden costs.

The rest of the world can online shop all they want because their currency has value outside of their shores.
Your argument only holds logic if your money is worth more than toilet paper.
So sadly it’s lacking ...

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » November 18th, 2017, 11:45 am

car wrote:

You have to remember that when you skybox something you also pay the the salaries, equipment, rent and so on to the the local skybox operators. You still putting back revenue towards the country.
What I’m avoiding is the excessive mark up the optometrist is giving me. If his price was $900 I would gladly purchase from him.

And raising tax is not the way to guide the consumer to where he spend his money. Reducing profits is the honest way and best way.

What madness this man talking here? I paid about $500 for my glasses landed with high index lenses, anti reflective, uv coating - just getting those lenses here in my prescription would cost $2500 - 3000.... you are trying to justify a more than 600% markup!

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 18th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Ent rowly say nobody getting sent home until next..read an article about ssa sending home 35...oh well prolly ethnic cleansing

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 18th, 2017, 12:18 pm

Some questions for the online glasses buyers. How you know it's the correct prescription they manufactured though? Just because you sent in the copy of the Rx, who checking it? Who fixes it if they misinterpreted the script the doctor wrote? How you know if the glasses frames you chose online are optimal for your face shape and the Rx? And how you going to send it back if something's wrong, how they going to know to correct it, i.e. covered by warranty. It's even worse for CL because there's no aftercare for online buyers. So guess where all the "extra" money going!

Well it's a risk, like buying a TV locally vs. online. Except one is medicine and the other is just a TV.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 18th, 2017, 12:50 pm

As someone who has had glasses since childhood I would try not to purchase the prescription online, the frame is okay you can buy that and have the locals modify the lens to suit, but this too may depend on your prescription, less now because of the technology, but depending on your lens dimensions which depend on your prescription it could affect the frame you choose.

You could get the lens and then shop for a frame but that may be longer.

In the case of glases and eyes remember the locals have the expertise and serve as a fairly good medical base to chart your ocular progress. Things like these are important especially in a place like Trinidad and Tobago where you don't want to succumb to any additional medical handicap in this case loss or deteriorating eye sight. That's why paying for the treatment may be a bit better as you have some access to followups and some form of medical opinion.

Also in my opinion it is good to have a "third" person to run your frame choice by they may see things about the style or fit you may miss helping you make a more informed choice as oposed to just buying the frame you like which is cool but may not necessarily be a "good fit". The ability to "try on" the article can give you additional insight into how you will feel with it on a daily basis, remember a glasses is something that you may need to properly function, it needs to fit and feel good, it must be a seamless addition to your body when wearing it, so as to not distract.

Shopping for glasses outside might seem better financially but when you consider all the other chances you take it may be best to buy it here and have locally serviced. Not to mention a glasses now is a long term purchase its not something disposable so spending a little extra isn't too bad especially when you consider what it does. To be honest a typical glasses and frame combo can last up to 10 years, providing good user care.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 18th, 2017, 1:16 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:As someone who has had glasses since childhood I would try not to purchase the prescription online, the frame is okay you can buy that and have the locals modify the lens to suit, but this too may depend on your prescription, less now because of the technology, but depending on your lens dimensions which depend on your prescription it could affect the frame you choose.

In the case of glases and eyes remember the locals have the expertise and serve as a fairly good medical base to chart your ocular progress. Things like these are important especially in a place like Trinidad and Tobago where you don't want to succumb to any additional medical handicap in this case loss or deteriorating eye sight. That's why paying for the treatment may be a bit better as you have some access to followups and some form of medical opinion.

Also in my opinion it is good to have a "third" person to run your frame choice by they may see things about the style or fit you may miss helping you make a more informed choice as oposed to just buying the frame you like which is cool but may not necessarily be a "good fit". The ability to "try on" the article can give you additional insight into how you will feel with it on a daily basis, remember a glasses is something that you may need to properly function, it needs to fit and feel good, it must be a seamless addition to your body when wearing it, so as to not distract.

Shopping for glasses outside might seem better financially but when you consider all the other chances you take it may be best to buy it here and have locally serviced. Not to mention a glasses now is a long term purchase its not something disposable so spending a little extra isn't too bad especially when you consider what it does. To be honest a typical glasses and frame combo can last up to 10 years, providing good user care.

10 years you say??????
In a year and a half most people need new lens because their eye structure change.
I hear you with the safe bet to buy local.
What I do is try on a frame at a local store to get the best fit , comfort and style. Take a snap shot of the model and size written on the glasses arm and then check the price of the exact model and size online. Then I decide where to buy.
And I do that with everything- shoes ,pants, tools, almost everything.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 18th, 2017, 1:42 pm

Print a chart and check your eyes yourself

maj. tom wrote:Some questions for the online glasses buyers. How you know it's the correct prescription they manufactured though? Just because you sent in the copy of the Rx, who checking it? Who fixes it if they misinterpreted the script the doctor wrote? How you know if the glasses frames you chose online are optimal for your face shape and the Rx? And how you going to send it back if something's wrong, how they going to know to correct it, i.e. covered by warranty. It's even worse for CL because there's no aftercare for online buyers. So guess where all the "extra" money going!

Well it's a risk, like buying a TV locally vs. online. Except one is medicine and the other is just a TV.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 18th, 2017, 2:48 pm

Wut?? How? I would gladly leave the eye testing to the doctor!

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » November 18th, 2017, 3:00 pm

Good points here. Car make sense with trying on stuff locally and then buying online to save. Btw anyone have a number for Stacy Roopnarine, I find she yummy and I always like my girls dark.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 18th, 2017, 3:01 pm

450 murders by month end?? I think so...it must happen when heads of nat sec telling gangsters to behave
...mind fcked

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 18th, 2017, 8:35 pm

car wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:As someone who has had glasses since childhood I would try not to purchase the prescription online, the frame is okay you can buy that and have the locals modify the lens to suit, but this too may depend on your prescription, less now because of the technology, but depending on your lens dimensions which depend on your prescription it could affect the frame you choose.

10 years you say??????
In a year and a half most people need new lens because their eye structure change.
I hear you with the safe bet to buy local.
What I do is try on a frame at a local store to get the best fit , comfort and style. Take a snap shot of the model and size written on the glasses arm and then check the price of the exact model and size online. Then I decide where to buy.
And I do that with everything- shoes ,pants, tools, almost everything.

Yeah 10.....since 2007 or about my eyes have leveled out and stabilised requiring little to no change in the prescription so I was able to keep my then current prescription and frame.

I changed it now because the then lens had become scratched and the frame had lost some of the padding behind the ear. My current lens have the "Crizal" scratch resistant coating and yes I do notice a difference it's been approaching a year with the new ones and no scratches or peeling of the anti reflective coatings.

Also I can still use my old prescription....with regards to persons changing every year if they were interested in saving money then they can consider reusing their old frame it can be done if the right one is choosen in the first place, especially in the case of children, get a frame they can "grow into". With older folks this is quite doable as they aren't growing and don't have to worry too much about a changing fit.

With kids however parents I believe have this stupid attitude of raising them as if they are prince and princeses which they are not and giving them this bad habit of changing the frame every year for back to school and such.....stupid and a waste of money. Just select a simple black or wire frame, easy to adjust and fairly light and will even look as if they don't have on any in photos, also if you talk to the optometrist ask them about which frame shapes are common and can accomodate a wide variety of prescriptions, this would allow the child to use the frame for a longer period minimising expense.

Things getting tough now people have to trim expenditure and maximise the use you get out of things by any means necessary. Buying online is fine but sometimes it just promotes the urge to buy and not promote reponsible or smart usage especially with glasses where smart usage is good for both the pocket and your health.

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » November 19th, 2017, 1:52 am

maj. tom wrote:Some questions for the online glasses buyers. How you know it's the correct prescription they manufactured though? Just because you sent in the copy of the Rx, who checking it? Who fixes it if they misinterpreted the script the doctor wrote? How you know if the glasses frames you chose online are optimal for your face shape and the Rx? And how you going to send it back if something's wrong, how they going to know to correct it, i.e. covered by warranty. It's even worse for CL because there's no aftercare for online buyers. So guess where all the "extra" money going!

I don't know... maybe because - I CAN FLECKIN SEE!

I got my prescription here, I see my optician and ophthalmologist yearly - to the 10 years thing... really? Lucky you, my prescription has changed at least every 2 years for the last 32 years

What on earth is wrong with getting your stuff online??? You think the optician is having your lenses made in a factory is couva? They are middle men adding a SIGNIFICANT amount to the cost of your glasses, as someone else said, if it was just a few hundred more they would gladly buy "local" but, it is THOUSANDS more.

After sales support???? It is a block of poly-carbonate, you know what their after-sales is like? It scratch? - buy a new one. It break? - buy a new one. Out of style? - buy a new one. Coating flaking off? - BUY A NEW ONE!

How is that any different than if you bought online?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 19th, 2017, 2:30 am

ingalook wrote:

I don't know... maybe because - I CAN FLECKIN SEE!

I got my prescription here, I see my optician and ophthalmologist yearly - to the 10 years thing... really? Lucky you, my prescription has changed at least every 2 years for the last 32 years

What on earth is wrong with getting your stuff online??? You think the optician is having your lenses made in a factory is couva? They are middle men adding a SIGNIFICANT amount to the cost of your glasses, as someone else said, if it was just a few hundred more they would gladly buy "local" but, it is THOUSANDS more.

After sales support???? It is a block of poly-carbonate, you know what their after-sales is like? It scratch? - buy a new one. It break? - buy a new one. Out of style? - buy a new one. Coating flaking off? - BUY A NEW ONE!

How is that any different than if you bought online?

Serious question.

Are short or long sighted or do you have an astigmatic condition? Have you ever considered LASIK/LASEK or one of those treatments? Might help to stabilise the condition and go a long way to helping the condition.

Hope it stabilises.

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » November 19th, 2017, 2:56 am

I am considering LASIK in the near future - till then - its online for it!

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 19th, 2017, 7:44 am

Actually once your eyes settle and you have a good optometrist you can go 10 years with the same prescription. My wife is on the same prescription for 6 year so far

There is a range of about 3 strengths that your eyes can’t tell the difference. If you use stronger of the 3 then your eyes slowly get worse, it’s a trade secret that optometrist use so you have to buy new frames and lenses every 2 to 4 years.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 19th, 2017, 8:35 am

drchaos wrote:Actually once your eyes settle and you have a good optometrist you can go 10 years with the same prescription. My wife is on the same prescription for 6 year so far

There is a range of about 3 strengths that your eyes can’t tell the difference. If you use stronger of the 3 then your eyes slowly get worse, it’s a trade secret that optometrist use so you have to buy new frames and lenses every 2 to 4 years.

Now if this is true of what you are saying then the optician can give you the slightly wrong prescription but you wouldn’t be able to tell. I have a feeling I got a slightly wrong prescription once.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 19th, 2017, 8:41 am

Trade secret wrong prescription? You're making that up right?
If not, please explain how that works. I'm interested in knowing about these unethical practices!
Last edited by maj. tom on November 19th, 2017, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”