TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

PNM in Gov't(2015-2020)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PNM in Gov't -AH WHOLE 4 YEARS LATER!!!!!

Postby eliteauto » November 19th, 2019, 1:53 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:Honestly I think that the racial undertones in this thread should warrant the entire thing to be locked.
It's a disgrace to see trini being brought down to such sickening levels over party ideologies.
Locking the thread won't change the mindset of the posters, and you'll see similar sentiments on many social media platforms. You can choose to be offended or you can choose to learn from their utterances. That's solely up to you

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 19th, 2019, 2:31 pm

Redman wrote:Zr cant hide his spots.
Hide for what?

The PNM needs to be exposed as a racist party

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 19th, 2019, 2:32 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:Honestly I think that the racial undertones in this thread should warrant the entire thing to be locked.
It's a disgrace to see trini being brought down to such sickening levels over party ideologies.
It's a disgrace to expose the PNM as racist?

Seems Calcutta Statement was never made

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » November 19th, 2019, 2:33 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Strangely, in a pnm time....only pnm people does suffer

Because no matter what they’re voting PNM. So why bother to do anything for them. The more they suffer the more they will vote PNM.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 19th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Next year dis ched will be fire :lol:

calm down zoom... i feel a 2 weeks lock off coming.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 19th, 2019, 3:21 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Next year dis ched will be fire :lol:

They banning zoom all the time but a macumere man mod only harassing me and nobody telling him anything.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » November 19th, 2019, 6:47 pm

Christmas around the corner he could get a "hymc" from all now. Parang season open
rspann wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:Next year dis ched will be fire

They banning zoom all the time but a macumere man mod only harassing me and nobody telling him anything.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 19th, 2019, 6:55 pm

I find racism very entertaining.

Love seeing allyuh dotish khoolie and creole people fight.

Please, continue.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 19th, 2019, 6:56 pm

:rofl:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 19th, 2019, 7:23 pm

MaxPower wrote:I find racism very entertaining.

Love seeing allyuh dotish khoolie and creole people fight.

Please, continue.
We all Creole bro as we are locally born here.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 19th, 2019, 7:30 pm

PNM here to stay bro. They getting it done.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 19th, 2019, 7:31 pm

Louis Lee Sing - "They getting what done?"

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » November 19th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Redress10 wrote:Should cancel this scholarship thing. 140 million tt to fund what is private education for individuals. If parents so wish they could do what other people all over the world do, get a bank loan or start a trust fund.

Taxpayers can't keep fitting this bill indefinitely. UTT letting go staff due to lack of funding but 140 million tt leaving oir shores to pay the salaries of foreign professors and staff.

Madness

that is true.

btw, where did they $140m number come from? is that annual?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 19th, 2019, 8:52 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
Redress10 wrote:Should cancel this scholarship thing. 140 million tt to fund what is private education for individuals. If parents so wish they could do what other people all over the world do, get a bank loan or start a trust fund.

Taxpayers can't keep fitting this bill indefinitely. UTT letting go staff due to lack of funding but 140 million tt leaving oir shores to pay the salaries of foreign professors and staff.

Madness

that is true.

jess because is a indian school that get the schol, doesnt mean is a indian that got it ehkno.... relax relax.

all of a sudden financing becomes an issue... study cuffie financing, how that helping the country. at least the schol winners will be able to add value to the country in due time... like an investment... in the children... for the future.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 19th, 2019, 9:56 pm

sMASH wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

Madness

that is true.

jess because is a indian school that get the schol, doesnt mean is a indian that got it ehkno.... relax relax.

all of a sudden financing becomes an issue... study cuffie financing, how that helping the country. at least the schol winners will be able to add value to the country in due time... like an investment... in the children... for the future.

Financing always an issue bro. You know how many constantly complain that the funding never on time etc and the universities threatening to kick them out?

Why can't it be three prizes. First, second and third. First prize gets the presisent medal, fully paid tuition and room and board (to uwi or utt) and 250k towards to school for improvements(computer lab etc).

Second prize is full tuition but pay for room and board and only 150k towards school.

Third prize could be 1/2 tuition and 50k towards school.

All these scholarships given out and these same ppl complaing about lack of jobs etc. Is not like they becoming the next Zuckerbergs etc they going overseas and studying the same things that could be studied here for way cheaper. This country doesn't owe you a thing because you did what you were suppose to do and passed your exams.

Oh yes and let us also remember that Kamla used taxpayers' money to send Manning abroad for treatment. So the bs is on both sides

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 19th, 2019, 10:07 pm

Paid_influencer

The figure was given by minister at news conference.

Imagine we giving out scholarships but not tailoring it to what the country needs? Year after year.

That same money for decades now could have been spent to further fund UWI and UTT and raise the standards and facilities there. 140 million tt gonna be diverted to foreign universities for this year alone. So quick calculation (excluding inflation and forex rates) multiply that by 4 for a standard undergrad degree and the costs to "educate" these scholarship winners is half a billion tt?

Madness.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » November 19th, 2019, 10:31 pm

Zoomie should be permanently banned. He serves no useful purpose here and was exposed as a racist, sufferer and fraud long time. His thinking has no place in contemporary, multi ethnic societies like ours.

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » November 20th, 2019, 3:16 am

randolphinshan wrote:

Zoomie should be permanently banned. He serves no useful purpose here and was exposed as a racist, sufferer and fraud long time. His thinking has no place in contemporary, multi ethnic societies like ours.

Perma ban zoomers for talking the truth?? but then again randol you and the rest of pnmites get off by being choked and dominated by the Growlers and d PNM

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 20th, 2019, 4:59 am

Redress10 wrote:
sMASH wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

Madness

that is true.

Financing always an issue bro. You know how many constantly complain that the funding never on time etc and the universities threatening to kick them out?

Why can't it be three prizes. First, second and third. First prize gets the presisent medal, fully paid tuition and room and board (to uwi or utt) and 250k towards to school for improvements(computer lab etc).

Second prize is full tuition but pay for room and board and only 150k towards school.

Third prize could be 1/2 tuition and 50k towards school.

All these scholarships given out and these same ppl complaing about lack of jobs etc. Is not like they becoming the next Zuckerbergs etc they going overseas and studying the same things that could be studied here for way cheaper. This country doesn't owe you a thing because you did what you were suppose to do and passed your exams.

Oh yes and let us also remember that Kamla used taxpayers' money to send Manning abroad for treatment. So the bs is on both sides

this is how I know you don't know what the mc you saying......there are programs abroad that are not even offered locally....then there is the quality of the program being offered...literally incomparable

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 20th, 2019, 6:39 am

Shakes

Take it from someone who studied abroad, there is little to no difference than what is already offered here.

I've known some of these ppl personally. Remember this is not a masters level scholarship. You are not going to be gaining any special fundamental knowledge that can't be gained here. Remember after their undergrad they have to return to TT to fulfil their employment obligations.

I've known ppl who used their schol to study law etc. Do you think that a law degree gained overseas via gov't schol makes sense to the country when the person will be practicing local law and there is a cheaper more locally relevant pathway via hugh wooding?

Most of these ppl are not even choosing to study at the best universities in the world which are oxbridge, stanford and yale etc. The country doesn't seem to have any input into where they study and what. What's the actual point then?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 20th, 2019, 7:06 am

Redress10 wrote:Shakes

Take it from someone who studied abroad, there is little to no difference than what is already offered here.

I've known some of these ppl personally. Remember this is not a masters level scholarship. You are not going to be gaining any special fundamental knowledge that can't be gained here. Remember after their undergrad they have to return to TT to fulfil their employment obligations.

I've known ppl who used their schol to study law etc. Do you think that a law degree gained overseas via gov't schol makes sense to the country when the person will be practicing local law and there is a cheaper more locally relevant pathway via hugh wooding?

Most of these ppl are not even choosing to study at the best universities in the world which are oxbridge, stanford and yale etc. The country doesn't seem to have any input into where they study and what. What's the actual point then?

Some of what you saying makes sense, most does not..The country needs to invest in education regardless of the perceived cost. Some of it would come from foreign because the courses simply aren't offered here or the programs here are severely lacking.

An undergrad degree is the foundation degree that gives you the skills to do a job which is what is required for the nation and what the Govt is paying for. Master's degrees are for the pursuing of academia. We have a problem in Trinidad where we have too many degree holders and not enough skill or experience. The programs offered at foreign universities would involve a higher level of exposure to technology and practical implementation and in turn benefit the individual greater.

I do agree however that the degrees being offered on scholarship must be aligned to the country's needs and the choice of study on scholarship should not be up to the individual to choose but should be chosen by the MoE according to the nation's strategic direction.

Thinking that you can do everything offered at outside Universities in Trinidad is real small island mentality. I hope that your foreign education pulls you out of that...

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 20th, 2019, 7:14 am

Bredda, I guess we can agree to disagree...cuz I have people that went through and going through the system abroad and it's totally different...one person pursued a bsc in comp/elect eng, came to uwi, show them the transcript and they mind fcked as to the courses the person did at the undergrad level...that same person requested a particular masters program...the answer was "we doh have that here"...person is back abroad

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 20th, 2019, 7:22 am

randolphinshan wrote:

I expose how PNM ppl live and their disgusting behavior that is viewed as racist ?

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 20th, 2019, 7:39 am

Gladiator

The country needs to invest in education infrastructure and not the private education of selected individuals. Show me another country in the world that has a similar scholarship program.

They also can't be employed overseas because they have to return home so all they really have is a piece of paper more expensive than a uwi grad seeing that they will be employed alongside those same locally qualified individuals.

This scholarship is just to score cheap political point. M.O.E holds 2 press conferences yearly, one for SEA and one for a'levels to make it appear as though minister wukking. Bs

If the programs are not offered in TnT then that probably mean that there is no corresponding industry driving such study. Universities are driven by industry realites.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 20th, 2019, 7:40 am

The_Honourable wrote:Louis Lee Sing - "They getting what done?"

I hope he expands into the GE-and goes after 5-8 seats

He has the fiber to do what the CoP failed miserably to do after getting their foot in.

And he around long enough to know the truth.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 20th, 2019, 7:46 am

Redman wrote:

He has the fiber to do what the CoP failed miserably to do after getting their foot in.

he ant wining 5hit until PNM ppl minds are free

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 20th, 2019, 9:13 am

Gladiator wrote:

Some of what you saying makes sense, most does not..The country needs to invest in education regardless of the perceived cost. Some of it would come from foreign because the courses simply aren't offered here or the programs here are severely lacking.

An undergrad degree is the foundation degree that gives you the skills to do a job which is what is required for the nation and what the Govt is paying for. Master's degrees are for the pursuing of academia. We have a problem in Trinidad where we have too many degree holders and not enough skill or experience. The programs offered at foreign universities would involve a higher level of exposure to technology and practical implementation and in turn benefit the individual greater.

I do agree however that the degrees being offered on scholarship must be aligned to the country's needs and the choice of study on scholarship should not be up to the individual to choose but should be chosen by the MoE according to the nation's strategic direction.

Thinking that you can do everything offered at outside Universities in Trinidad is real small island mentality. I hope that your foreign education pulls you out of that...

What you guys are describing ..the funding of schols in disciplines that we need requires us to have a policy on what we need.
We dont have that....we dont have a National Dev Policy that would anchor the direction we going in and therefore indicate demand for certain qualifications.

We have 1 year wish lists-how do you match a 3-5 year qualification program to that??

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 20th, 2019, 9:15 am

zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:

Exactly, he's getting NO votes from the gunta areas in and around POS.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 20th, 2019, 9:27 am

The_Honourable wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:

Exactly, he's getting NO votes from the gunta areas in and around POS.

they put marlene to manage the area... that area lock. any person even thinking about voting otherwise will have their mind changed to red,,, like blood running on the ground.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 20th, 2019, 10:43 am

Thats fine- CoP took 2 elections to get up to speed

Allyuh want a 3rd party but no one wants to put in the work.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”