TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

PNM in Gov't(2015-2020)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: PNM in Gov't - 3 AND AH HALF YEARS LATER!!!!

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 19th, 2019, 11:06 am

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/lo ... 17ef1.html

OPPOSITION Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar is calling for a criminal investigation into Attorney General Faris Al-Rawi for alleged misconduct in public office, claiming that the AG and his wife will pocket more than $23 million from the State’s rental of a St Clair property that they allegedly own.

Speaking at the United National Congress (UNC) Monday night forum in Tunapuna last night, Persad-Bissessar claimed that Al-Rawi and his wife, Mona Nahous, were the only shareholders of a property at 3 Alexandra Street, St Clair, which has been leased by Government for $644,000 per month.

Eat yah food

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 19th, 2019, 11:13 am

644k per month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some one should do a valuation and see the worth, and rental worth.

fleck, for a year of that rental, they could buy and build a permanent property

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » March 19th, 2019, 2:43 pm

sMASH wrote:644k per month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder of they will get charged property tax based on that annual rental value

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 19th, 2019, 4:00 pm

Kronik wrote:

i would suspect an attorney general, present and past, would have the director of valuations personal number... might even be invited home for special bbq and fishing trips too

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » March 19th, 2019, 4:05 pm

Property tax will never be based on rent passing, I explain this a few dozen times already on the property tax thread.

And as for 644k/month, we know is bobol, but a market valuation would probably pass it around the same amount. Executive accomodations, covered and secured parking etc. The real bobol is that it not being used, but money just passing as favour.

A market valuation of a secured parking space alone is 300-500$/month, just as an aside.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 19th, 2019, 5:03 pm

Paging randolph....alrawi thief d moarneyyyyy...look d evidence...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 19th, 2019, 5:46 pm

e go say kamla dem did teef far more so dat make it better nuh ....

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 19th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Kronik wrote:

Never. The PNM takes care of its own. Arse Wari and Goebbels Young are the stinkest in terms of hypocrisy when it comes to corruption.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 19th, 2019, 8:39 pm

alwaris-' the department needs a building, we had vacant building for rent, they pay rent, whats ur point?...'

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 19th, 2019, 8:41 pm

sMASH wrote:alwaris-' the department needs a building, we had vacant building for rent, they pay rent, whats ur point?...'

Typical PNM stink arrogance.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 19th, 2019, 8:45 pm

Al Rawi GT.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » March 19th, 2019, 10:35 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Paging randolph....alrawi thief d moarneyyyyy...look d evidence...

Doh beat up shakey boy. It is a property in St. Clair, a high value location. Plus all governments enter into ridiculously high rental arrangements. At least it is a building that can be used as compared to 34 million that was wasted in life sport, so run along quietly.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » March 20th, 2019, 3:56 am

randolphinshan wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Paging randolph....alrawi thief d moarneyyyyy...look d evidence...

Doh beat up shakey boy. It is a property in St. Clair, a high value location. Plus all governments enter into ridiculously high rental arrangements. At least it is a building that can be used as compared to 34 million that was wasted in life sport, so run along quietly.

So wait your defense is other other government did it so is ok to do it .
We only being corrupt because governments before was corrupt.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 20th, 2019, 5:06 am

randolphinshan wrote:

I rest my case with your stupidity...so what about the integrity in office act?? using your office for personal gain??? Faris used to tell coonilal that he going and follow the money trail...he should follow his own trail first...and how exactly is this building benefiting the average joe in Trinidad?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 20th, 2019, 7:37 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:

I rest my case with your stupidity...so what about the integrity in office act?? using your office for personal gain??? Faris used to tell coonilal that he going and follow the money trail...he should follow his own trail first...and how exactly is this building benefiting the average joe in Trinidad?

What Arse Wari and Goebbels need to tell us what is the difference in cost between this location and the previous one (Abercromby St.). They also need to explain how come we always seem to move into these new locations and then suddenly realize that an "eat ah food" opportunity exists for their friends, family and financiers to "outfit" the building "properly" :roll:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 20th, 2019, 8:10 am

U know what is another building to be used?
The couva hospital... Also the Suchit trace school that parents clamoring for it ot be opened for use.
Whats ur point?

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 20th, 2019, 9:15 am

sMASH wrote:U know what is another building to be used?
The couva hospital... Also the Suchit trace school that parents clamoring for it ot be opened for use.
Whats ur point?

No food to be eaten here

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » March 20th, 2019, 1:15 pm

more and more small businesses are closing up due to lack of stimulation in the country and no work. Way to go Red wearers!

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 20th, 2019, 1:27 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:more and more small businesses are closing up due to lack of stimulation in the country and no work. Way to go Red wearers!

As they use to it, they embrace ketchin dey royals so small businesses closing up not bothering them. Study Beetham... no business, infrastructure, etc but dey voting Hinds 100% in 2020.

Allyuh feel is joke with the red and ready crew.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » March 20th, 2019, 3:30 pm

The pnm and their eat a food supporters only capable of thinking until next carnival. They should focus on finding their kids and stop thinking like 99% of the African continent

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » March 20th, 2019, 4:01 pm

randolphinshan wrote:

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read....I hope she is just being sacastic...

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 20th, 2019, 5:01 pm

rebound wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read....I hope she is just being sacastic...

You ever hear a pnmite talk sense?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 20th, 2019, 6:11 pm

I will just leave this here. Note the date too.

Government to pay rent on empty building until November
by

Tue Feb 18 2014
Geisha Kow­lessar

Gov­ern­ment is ex­pect­ed to con­tin­ue pay­ing rent for the con­tro­ver­sial build­ing at 1 Alexan­dra Street, Port-of-Spain, at least un­til No­vem­ber.

The build­ing re­mains un­oc­cu­pied.

In a tele­phone in­ter­view yes­ter­day Lo­cal Gov­ern­ment Min­is­ter Mar­lene Coudray said she could not say when it might be oc­cu­pied.

When pressed for an ex­pect­ed date she on­ly said: "I can­not say at this time."She added that the lease was due to ex­pire next No­vem­ber but said she need­ed to do some re­search as to why the build­ing had not been oc­cu­pied.

The is­sue was brought to the fore in Par­lia­ment last week when Coudray was re­spond­ing to a ques­tion from Arou­ca/Mal­oney MP Ali­cia Hospedales.

Coudray said the sup­pli­er of the ser­vice prod­uct was one N J Na­hous and that the rental agree­ment on the build­ing had been in place since 2009 un­der the pre­vi­ous ad­min­is­tra­tion.

Since 2010, Gov­ern­ment has been pay­ing $8.2 mil­lion an­nu­al­ly in rent, at $690,000 a month, for the emp­ty build­ing in ad­di­tion to $927,360 a year for se­cu­ri­ty

($8.2million x 9 years = $73.8Million)

If the lease is ho­n­oured to its end, Gov­ern­ment will have to pay ap­prox­i­mate­ly $6.2 mil­lion for the pe­ri­od up to No­vem­ber.

Asked who were the own­ers of the prop­er­ty Coudray said: "Na­hous."

On whether if she could spec­i­fy a name Coudray said: "It is Faris Al-Rawi's (Op­po­si­tion sen­a­tor and PNM pub­lic re­la­tions of­fi­cer) fa­ther-in-law."

The T&T Guardian al­so e-mailed ques­tions about the build­ing to Shel­ley Sul­tan­ti-Ma­haraj, co-or­di­na­tor at the prop­er­ty and re­al es­tate ser­vices di­vi­sion of the Min­istry of Hous­ing and Ur­ban De­vel­op­ment.

The is­sue of out­fit­ting and oc­cu­pa­tion, Sul­tan­ti-Ma­haraj said, should be redi­rect­ed to the Min­istry of Lo­cal Gov­ern­ment since the con­tract with the ser­vice provider was ex­e­cut­ed by that min­istry.

Asked how many oth­er emp­ty build­ings the gov­ern­ment was pay­ing rent for and at what cost, the re­sponse was: "Your last ques­tion is lead­ing and as­sumes that there are oth­er emp­ty build­ings for which gov­ern­ment is pay­ing rent."

The Alexan­dra Street build­ing was orig­i­nal­ly ear­marked for the Min­istry of Lo­cal Gov­ern­ment at the time when Hazel Man­ning was a min­is­ter and the rental con­tract was signed un­der the PNM gov­ern­ment, which lost the 2010 elec­tion short­ly af­ter­ward.

Asked why the build­ing was not oc­cu­pied un­der his tenure, for­mer Lo­cal Gov­ern­ment Min­is­ter Su­ru­jrat­tan Ram­bachan said it was "be­ing out­fit­ted," adding that part of it was al­ready com­plet­ed."

There was a con­tract and the build­ing was rent­ed for the PNM by the PNM. If the Guardian wants to know the truth they would write that," he said.

Al-Rawi dis­tances him­self

Checks at the Com­pa­nies Reg­istry re­vealed there was no com­pa­ny called "NJ Na­hous" but a NJ Na­hous In­vest­ments Ltd, whose prin­ci­pal share­hold­er is Nazem Na­hous.

Di­rec­tors list­ed in­clude Nazem Na­hous (busi­ness­man), Ji­nan Na­hous (busi­ness­woman), Michael Na­hous (busi­ness­man), Gi­na Na­hous-Ha­j­dar (busi­ness­woman) and Mona Na­hous-Al Rawi, whose hus­band is PNM Sen­a­tor Faris Al-Rawi.

Al-Rawi, how­ev­er, has made it clear that he has no fi­nan­cial in­ter­est in the build­ing.

"I per­son­al­ly have no in­ter­est in that en­ti­ty. I am aware that the Gov­ern­ment rent­ed that build­ing on or around 2010 and that it pays a mar­ket rental be­low the rate paid by the gov­ern­ment to many en­ti­ties," Al-Rawi said.

NJ Na­hous In­vest­ment Ltd, he added, was a lim­it­ed-li­a­bil­i­ty com­pa­ny which had been a land­lord to suc­ces­sive gov­ern­ments, in­clud­ing the UNC, PNM, NAR and UNC, since the ear­ly 1970s.

Al-Rawi al­so knocked Coudray for her com­ments.

"If Ms Coudray's words are in­tend­ed to be spec­u­la­tive of some lack of trans­paren­cy, then let her come out and say so," Al-Rawi added.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He said the own­er of the build­ing "cer­tain­ly can­not" be called up­on to speak to gov­ern­ment is­sues as it is "on­ly a land­lord."

He added: "Any at­tempt to draw sala­cious ref­er­ences to me are fu­tile.

Any of my per­son­al busi­ness can cer­tain­ly stand up to full scruti­ny.

"I am aware that there are many prop­er­ties rent­ed un­der this regime which are owned by fam­i­ly mem­bers of the UNC."

He said he came from a fam­i­ly and com­mu­ni­ty which have sig­nif­i­cant in­vest­ments in T&T.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2.378784.dd92eb75bd

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 20th, 2019, 6:18 pm

No wonder Marlene so quiet.

The cost of the 2019-2021 lease of $575,000.00 per month for 3 years = $20.7 milliom

It would have been better if the gov't built a building.
Last edited by bluefete on March 20th, 2019, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 20th, 2019, 6:23 pm

Alwari: we will follow d moarneyyyyyy

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 20th, 2019, 6:27 pm

Shakes: All I can do is shake my head.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 20th, 2019, 6:36 pm

bluefete wrote:No wonder Marlene so quiet.

The cost of the 2019-2021 lease of $575,000.00 per month for 3 years = $20.7 milliom

It would have been better if the gov't built a building.

Wait...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 20th, 2019, 6:40 pm

Randull strikes again
randolphinshan wrote:

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 20th, 2019, 6:40 pm

@The_Honourable^^^ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Then they really should not be renting 1-3 Alexander Place, should they?

But, food hadda eat. Even if you are the AG.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » March 20th, 2019, 6:48 pm

Whew lad, landlording for the govt is really a steal of a deal yes. And it have parts of the country where they cannot find any suitably sized buildings for specific offices that are expanding and legitimately require a large amount of office manpower.

Somebody hold my bay rum, i going scouting for land.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”