Forums

PNM in Gov't(2015-2020)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PNM in Gov't - 3 YEARS LATER

Postby eliteauto » September 9th, 2018, 8:59 am

What dry docking facility in Chaguaramas is closed? More specifically which was closed by the state?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 9th, 2018, 10:16 am

In for the backpedal

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 9th, 2018, 10:33 am

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » September 10th, 2018, 8:38 am

Use to hear the old folks saying back in the day. Chinee running shop and when u couldn't pay for grocery and supplies, they fool u into signing over your land...

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 11th, 2018, 5:42 pm

PM defends CHEC deal

Prime Min­is­ter Dr Kei­th Row­ley is de­fend­ing the Gov­ern­ment’s deal with a Chi­nese firm once black­list­ed by the World Bank for bribery and fraud al­le­ga­tions.

The com­pa­ny, Chi­na Har­bour En­gi­neer­ing Co Ltd (CHEC), has been re­tained by the Gov­ern­ment for the dry­dock­ing fa­cil­i­ty planned for La Brea. How­ev­er, while CHEC has been of­fered 30 per cent eq­ui­ty in the new fa­cil­i­ty, it is still un­clear how much the project will cost the coun­try.

The com­pa­ny has been the sub­ject of neg­a­tive re­ports com­ing out of West Africa, Guinea, Bangladesh and, clos­er to home, in the Cay­man Is­lands. All the re­ports high­light bribery, fraud or cor­rup­tion al­le­ga­tions lev­elled against CHEC.

Back in June, the New York Times re­port­ed that the out­go­ing Sri Lankan gov­ern­ment had signed a bil­lion-dol­lar deal with the com­pa­ny. But the in­com­ing gov­ern­ment strug­gled to make pay­ments on those debts and was forced to hand over its new port as well as 15,000 acres of land sur­round­ing it.

But Row­ley is not con­cerned that the same thing will hap­pen with the T&T Gov­ern­ment’s arrange­ment.

“How many peo­ple do you know or have heard about who had to hand over their house or car to a bank or cred­it union?” he asked.

“Does that mean that no one should ever en­ter in­to a loan arrange­ment for a house or car? Cir­cum­stances and arrange­ments dif­fer as they ex­ist or are made.

“That is why we as­sessed our own unique at­trib­ut­es and, ad­di­tion­al­ly, we got the Chi­nese to not just be a hired con­trac­tor to the project, but we ne­go­ti­at­ed them in­to the project as eq­ui­ty hold­ers so they share the risk and have an in­cen­tive to bring busi­ness to the fa­cil­i­ty from the huge in­ter­na­tion­al Chi­nese mer­chant ma­rine and oth­er users.”

He said on his vis­it to Chi­na last year he met with the Pres­i­dent and Pre­mier “and asked them to en­cour­age Chi­nese com­pa­nies to not just be con­trac­tors but to make di­rect for­eign in­vest­ment in the econ­o­my of T&T to bring growth and di­ver­si­fi­ca­tion which is what we are af­ter.

“They both agreed that they will sup­port T&T na­tion­al pol­i­cy and would en­cour­age their com­pa­nies to in­vest ‘in projects which make eco­nom­ic sense,’” Row­ley said.

Row­ley said the “ground­break­ing” La Brea project, which he has promised will pro­vide 5,000 jobs, is on­ly the first of these type of arrange­ments with for­eign gov­ern­ments.

Asked how much the deal will cost, the PM said, “We are cur­rent­ly work­ing to­wards that.”

Back in 2014, the then Unit­ed Na­tion­al Con­gress (UNC) signed a sim­i­lar deal with the same com­pa­ny for the de­vel­op­ment of an eco­nom­ic zone, a trans­ship­ment port and dry­dock­ing fa­cil­i­ties. That agree­ment was pegged at $500 mil­lion and was signed by for­mer trade and in­dus­try min­is­ter Vas­ant Bharath.

Con­tact­ed via text mes­sage on the UNC’s arrange­ment back then, Bharath said, “I don’t know the de­tails (of the cur­rent deal) but, in essence, it looks the same dry­dock­ing and trans­ship­ment fa­cil­i­ties. Fund­ing was al­ready ap­proved at two per cent with a five-year mora­to­ri­um for re­pay­ment and de­signs have al­ready been done and ap­proved.”

But Row­ley’s arrange­ment has one key dif­fer­ence: the CHEC will hold 30 per cent share in the fa­cil­i­ty.

“So the UNC signed that deal? So it was a state se­cret? So the Chi­nese had eq­ui­ty in their deal?” Row­ley asked, re­spond­ing to ques­tions about the sim­i­lar­i­ties in both arrange­ments.

Row­ley added if the deal was the same as the UNC’s then there should be no ques­tions about the cost.

“Since they al­ready signed the deal, they should be able to give you a fig­ure,” he said.

How­ev­er, he con­firmed that no cost has yet been de­ter­mined on this project.

While there is limited available informational on the new deal, the old 2014 deal promised de­liv­ery in 36 months af­ter sign­ing. It included con­struc­tion of a large con­tain­er and a bulk trans­fer ter­mi­nal; deep­wa­ter chan­nel ex­ca­va­tion, basin dredg­ing, off­shore recla­ma­tion and ter­mi­nal land con­struc­tion; large dry dock con­struc­tion and an out­fit­ting ter­mi­nal for ship­build­ing and re­pair­ing.

Source: http://guardian.co.tt/news/pm-defends-c ... 3e4a45f216

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 11th, 2018, 5:46 pm

Well they does say it takes a bandit to know a bandit....oh well

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 11th, 2018, 6:14 pm

Wait nuh, Sh!tkicker is not the same dunce who was condemning the PP Government for getting involved with then highway contractor OAS because of their involvement in corruption scandal(s)?

This man really pull a number on his supporters yes. No wonder all ah dem cacahole so quiet now...:lol:

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 11th, 2018, 6:16 pm

Weeee ayee...idk if to laugh or cry again tbh nah

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » September 11th, 2018, 7:05 pm

hydroep wrote:Wait nuh, Sh!tkicker is not the same dunce who was condemning the PP Government for getting involved with then highway contractor OAS because of their involvement in corruption scandal(s)?

This man really pull a number on his supporters yes. No wonder all ah dem cacahole so quiet now...
I refuse to believe ppl still so chupid .....then again I look at the red and ready crew and realise........they still exist......smh

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » September 13th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Monkey Man wrote:Well fine den. Spend a few billions and split the country in two.

unc and pnm sides. We will work the kinks out as we go along.

Which side will more prosperous and have less crime?

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » September 13th, 2018, 2:59 pm

Premchand1976 wrote:
hydroep wrote:Wait nuh, Sh!tkicker is not the same dunce who was condemning the PP Government for getting involved with then highway contractor OAS because of their involvement in corruption scandal(s)?

This man really pull a number on his supporters yes. No wonder all ah dem cacahole so quiet now...
I refuse to believe ppl still so chupid .....then again I look at the red and ready crew and realise........they still exist......smh

The man could stand up behind his supporters and lego wood in dey mc but all you gona hear is pee en em till ah dead while they still getting ride like the fools they are.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » September 13th, 2018, 3:09 pm

toyota2nr wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:Well fine den. Spend a few billions and split the country in two.

That's a no brainier......

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 13th, 2018, 6:48 pm

toyota2nr wrote:

The side who has the backing of the 1%

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 15th, 2018, 10:32 am

Sigh... even when Rowley slate win, all of them who vex will vote him back in 2020.

(Click to enlarge)
Attachments
41498823_338956826844976_6200289082849886208_n.jpg

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 15th, 2018, 11:27 am

this country like a football between these 2 jackass parties & their die hard supporters .......

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » September 15th, 2018, 1:15 pm

Is a Sunshine newspapers a man post dey? Wow.... didn’t know they still existed

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 15th, 2018, 1:53 pm

j.o.e wrote:Is a Sunshine newspapers a man post dey? Wow.... didn’t know they still existed

Best papers boy. Sunshine is like what the Mirror used to be when Keith Shepperd was alive.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 15th, 2018, 3:17 pm

Rowly winning that internal with closed eyes

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 15th, 2018, 10:22 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Rowly winning that internal with closed eyes

Isn't he running unopposed?

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 16th, 2018, 9:03 am

Gladiator wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Rowly winning that internal with closed eyes

Isn't he running unopposed?

Exactly :lol:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 16th, 2018, 2:24 pm

The tribe is all that matters. They will come and go, we will come and go, it matters not, so long as the tribe is successful over all others.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 17th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Study the graphics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 17th, 2018, 8:08 pm

Budget day looming...wat to expect???

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 17th, 2018, 8:58 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Budget day looming...wat to expect???

We eh riot yet so they might hit we a few more lashes

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 17th, 2018, 9:09 pm

"tighten yuh belt"

Even more

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 17th, 2018, 9:22 pm

gastly369 wrote:"tighten yuh belt"

Even more

Any tighter and yuh go sheit yuhself

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » September 17th, 2018, 11:24 pm

If you are not part of the 1% you have no say in what goes on. Regardless of how much you cry and scream to be heard you won't be heard because you are not someone who has power. Elections are rigged in favour of the 1%, all political parties are just puppets that do their dirty work. All for the love of money.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 17th, 2018, 11:31 pm

gastly369 wrote:"tighten yuh belt"

Even more

Also, learnt to peel cassava a la JUHN Scarfy Oreo :roll:
Meanwhile, BILLIONS being borrowed to "maintain the lifestyle that we are accustomed to" or more accurately, the lifestyle he and his cronies, financiers and friends are accustomed to.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 18th, 2018, 6:51 am

I saying there is the possibility of increased TTEC rates, we all know alco and cigarettes going up(doesn't affect me).....property tax may be brought to the front again(because this topic has been quiet for some time)

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 18th, 2018, 9:30 am

ScHoolboySoloQ wrote:If you are not part of the 1% you have no say in what goes on. Regardless of how much you cry and scream to be heard you won't be heard because you are not someone who has power. Elections are rigged in favour of the 1%, all political parties are just puppets that do their dirty work. All for the love of money.

I fed up of this 1% shiet. The 99% put them where they are and keep them there.That means you. Take account for your own actions. If you are so against the 1%, stop buying KFC, go by a seamstress/tailor and get your clothes made, grow your own food. Stop put the control of your own life under other people's control.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”