TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

More taxes in 2017 budget

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9787
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby Dizzy28 » September 16th, 2016, 9:15 am

BRZ wrote:get ready- soon you will have to be paying upwards of $350.00 to fill up your gas................ and hearing that a TX on electricity and WATA coming too.......


With crude selling at its current low prices that seems unlikely.

Advertisement
User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 22517
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 16th, 2016, 9:20 am

nerve take win...lmao

get the vasoline ready people...two weeks to go...

ah going and fill bout 20 canisters with gas

User avatar
Slartibartfast
punchin NOS
Posts: 4445
Joined: May 15th, 2012, 4:24 pm
Location: Magrathea

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby Slartibartfast » September 16th, 2016, 11:06 am

- Rovin's car audio - wrote:dont anybody dare complain now cause u all voted for dat ....... :|


This is the dumbest line of reasoning regarding the choices being made by the PNM and yet I see it regurgitated over and over again. Let me show you why this makes no sense.

Everything is according to the results of the last general election shown here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad_and_Tobago_general_election,_2015
PNM - Percentage of Votes won = 51.68% or 378,447 votes out of a total of 734,792 votes cast
Voter turn out = 66.84 % or 734,792 out of 1,099,279 voters

Now here is where the maths gets a bit tedious
Number of registered voters that did not vote for PNM = total number of registered voters - number of voters that voted for PNM
= 1,099,279 - 378,447 = 720,832 voters do not support PNM

Now for some mathjitsu
720832 / 378447 = 1.904

That means for every 1000 people that supported PNM during the elections know that 1904 did not support them.

So yes, we "dare complain" now. Like we "dare complain" before because contrary to you opinion... twice as many of us did not vote for this.

User avatar
- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 8156
Joined: January 21st, 2006, 9:30 pm
Location: Chaguanas ... Car Audio Solutions
Contact:

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » September 16th, 2016, 11:19 am

"Slartibartfast"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

not gonna quote all that waste of space u posted

didnt realize i have to spell it out : i am talking about ONLY d ppl who voted pnm & its those same ppl now who complaining - NEVER said every single person who voted .......... got it ? ..... :|

User avatar
Slartibartfast
punchin NOS
Posts: 4445
Joined: May 15th, 2012, 4:24 pm
Location: Magrathea

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby Slartibartfast » September 16th, 2016, 11:25 am

Ahh ok. If that's the case then I apologise. If those are the only people you talking about then I agree with that.

I can only hope that the new "complainers" start to finally listen to the majority that was complaining before. Sadly, a significant part of that majority are die hard political supporters of PNM's main competition and should never be listened to.

User avatar
eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12197
Joined: March 10th, 2006, 1:36 am
Location: Work Nation
Contact:

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby eliteauto » September 16th, 2016, 11:38 am

Based on the logic posted above is mostly PNM supporters in this thread

User avatar
- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 8156
Joined: January 21st, 2006, 9:30 pm
Location: Chaguanas ... Car Audio Solutions
Contact:

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » September 16th, 2016, 12:58 pm

oops ...delete this
Last edited by - Rovin's car audio - on September 17th, 2016, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 22517
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 16th, 2016, 1:10 pm

man using wikkipedia to justify an argument

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9787
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby Dizzy28 » September 16th, 2016, 1:50 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:man using wikkipedia to justify an argument


Nothing wrong there if you check the cited links and make sure they are valid.

User avatar
sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7154
Joined: March 24th, 2010, 10:36 pm
Location: locating my location. brb

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby sliderz1 » September 16th, 2016, 3:01 pm

brb eating grass

User avatar
bluesclues
punchin NOS
Posts: 3571
Joined: December 5th, 2013, 3:35 am

Re: RE: Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby bluesclues » September 16th, 2016, 5:20 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:nerve take win...lmao

get the vasoline ready people...two weeks to go...

ah going and fill bout 20 canisters with gas


100 gallon is the legal limit for storage.. i think.

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9474
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby pete » September 16th, 2016, 5:44 pm

If you didn't have twenty canisters then the cost of them would be far greater than the savings from buying before any increase.

User avatar
aidan
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2481
Joined: August 26th, 2005, 2:09 am
Location: Saving the world.
Contact:

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby aidan » September 16th, 2016, 6:53 pm

sliderz1 wrote:brb eating grass


share nah

I hope they put some incentives for agriculture. Imports going to increase in cost, and we will have to push the local agriculture sector to produce. Chemicals and feed very expensive as it is right now. Last budget they were supposed to remove tax/vat on fish food (tilapia feed) to boost the aquaculture industry, but nothing been done yet. :drinking:

User avatar
car
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 702
Joined: October 13th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Location: Freeport

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby car » September 16th, 2016, 6:54 pm

Real sad they doing nothing for agriculture. They should be pushing it.

User avatar
TheOwnerPO
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 533
Joined: October 11th, 2013, 11:20 pm
Contact:

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby TheOwnerPO » September 16th, 2016, 8:26 pm

What's this...The agriculture sector needs some support.

User avatar
nos_specialist
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1906
Joined: May 27th, 2005, 10:13 am
Location: Right Here
Contact:

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby nos_specialist » September 16th, 2016, 8:48 pm

Smart people would push agriculture..but we dont have smart people in governance

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 22517
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 17th, 2016, 5:46 am

Ent the Avinash fella claimed to be a big agriculturist??? How he so quiet now?...

So as expected alcho going up...read that they looking to hit whisky as it costs a lot to import......looking forward to these new prices

User avatar
hong kong phooey
punchin NOS
Posts: 2846
Joined: July 10th, 2006, 8:37 am
Location: ah lorse

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby hong kong phooey » September 17th, 2016, 6:05 am

yeah they so facking stupid trying to increase the tax on alcohol -- this will just increase the market for black market stuff and illegal home made stuff.
you can get very good rums in Venezuela for under 50 tt a bottle
the government is already making on alcohol

why they dont look at where tax money is being wasted, like tax free allowances for government ministers. why dont they quote a figure of how much money the country spends(looses) a year on this.
and high salaries to government ministers.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6967
Joined: October 19th, 2013, 12:35 am

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby desifemlove » September 17th, 2016, 7:28 am

agriculture? what like growing dasheen will help us.
Last edited by desifemlove on September 17th, 2016, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cherrypopper
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1880
Joined: October 8th, 2008, 3:32 pm

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby cherrypopper » September 17th, 2016, 7:33 am

Tax kfc... recession over

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6967
Joined: October 19th, 2013, 12:35 am

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby desifemlove » September 17th, 2016, 7:54 am

nervewrecker wrote:
desifemlove wrote:pnm cyah govern for sheit. gonna spend five years blaming kamla for the bad economy.

and if unc come back, gonna be bobol, and saying dey bess ting for building community centres and doing do economic diversifcation.


You not the same person that was making 3 - 4 threads a day to say you voted PNM?


No, the same person who calls out your retard/asperger's sheit. and who follows me around to tell me how to post...haha..sorry, i've posted far more intelligent sheit than you have, and possibly am overall.

User avatar
cherrypopper
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1880
Joined: October 8th, 2008, 3:32 pm

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby cherrypopper » September 17th, 2016, 8:11 am

Since partying in Trinidad is a staple. ..

Include a tax on all them fête and boat cruise tickets. .

Recession over

User avatar
drchaos
punchin NOS
Posts: 3051
Joined: February 5th, 2013, 3:56 pm

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby drchaos » September 17th, 2016, 8:11 am

Desi is a schizo PNM supporter.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6967
Joined: October 19th, 2013, 12:35 am

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby desifemlove » September 17th, 2016, 8:15 am

drchaos wrote:Desi is a schizo PNM supporter.


eh? the only red and ready here is your tampon every month...

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6967
Joined: October 19th, 2013, 12:35 am

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby desifemlove » September 17th, 2016, 8:19 am

Tax fast foods to 50% VAT. fine people who litter, wear bareback in public, speed, and then there is no fiscal problem. Tax people to enforce a more rigid culture, firetruck those who ball.

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 21524
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby nervewrecker » September 17th, 2016, 9:43 am

hong kong phooey wrote:yeah they so facking stupid trying to increase the tax on alcohol -- this will just increase the market for black market stuff and illegal home made stuff.
you can get very good rums in Venezuela for under 50 tt a bottle

the government is already making on alcohol

why they dont look at where tax money is being wasted, like tax free allowances for government ministers. why dont they quote a figure of how much money the country spends(looses) a year on this.
and high salaries to government ministers.


Crime / illegal activities is business in this country. Every year national security gets the biggest portion of the budget and crime only gets worst.
Police in it, theif in it, lawyers in it, racket to be run, illegal items to be sold / traded, money has to go somewhere - business places get sales. Everyone wins except the law abiding citizens.

User avatar
- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 8156
Joined: January 21st, 2006, 9:30 pm
Location: Chaguanas ... Car Audio Solutions
Contact:

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » September 17th, 2016, 10:52 am

nervewrecker wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:yeah they so facking stupid trying to increase the tax on alcohol -- this will just increase the market for black market stuff and illegal home made stuff.
you can get very good rums in Venezuela for under 50 tt a bottle

the government is already making on alcohol

why they dont look at where tax money is being wasted, like tax free allowances for government ministers. why dont they quote a figure of how much money the country spends(looses) a year on this.
and high salaries to government ministers.


Crime / illegal activities is business in this country. Every year national security gets the biggest portion of the budget and crime only gets worst.
Police in it, theif in it, lawyers in it, racket to be run, illegal items to be sold / traded, money has to go somewhere - business places get sales. Everyone wins except the law abiding citizens.



good points both of u

poo nm in govt a whole yr yet not a "um" self about any border patrols or all d boats\ships they were beating up over during 2010-2015

stop all d illegal stuff coming in from d borders & alot of problems will ease up ........ :|

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9474
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby pete » September 17th, 2016, 10:56 am

Raise the tax on whisky so the illegal parallel traders who money laundering and bribing customs to not pay duty could make more money?

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11239
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby De Dragon » September 17th, 2016, 11:15 am

- Rovin's car audio - wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:yeah they so facking stupid trying to increase the tax on alcohol -- this will just increase the market for black market stuff and illegal home made stuff.
you can get very good rums in Venezuela for under 50 tt a bottle

the government is already making on alcohol

why they dont look at where tax money is being wasted, like tax free allowances for government ministers. why dont they quote a figure of how much money the country spends(looses) a year on this.
and high salaries to government ministers.


Crime / illegal activities is business in this country. Every year national security gets the biggest portion of the budget and crime only gets worst.
Police in it, theif in it, lawyers in it, racket to be run, illegal items to be sold / traded, money has to go somewhere - business places get sales. Everyone wins except the law abiding citizens.



good points both of u

poo nm in govt a whole yr yet not a "um" self about any border patrols or all d boats\ships they were beating up over during 2010-2015

stop all d illegal stuff coming in from d borders & alot of problems will ease up ........ :|

The PNM apologists would have you believe that only those defective BAE boats would have been suitable for us :roll: All this sheit about SSA and intelligence and it has not made a significant, if any difference. Two executed in Valencia, Couva woman found murdered, 27 year old man killed in Diego, yet the ineffectual leadership saying crime measures working(?)

User avatar
Average
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 766
Joined: June 25th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Re: More taxes in 2017 budget

Postby Average » September 17th, 2016, 11:30 am

Relax allyuh self, this will cause a beatup over the course of one month then it's Divali and Christmas and Ole Years Lime with Carnival to plan for. We merry again in 2017! Check fuh yuh phone, wallet and car keys and carry on.

btw, how long does Cedar take to grow before it can be cut and sold?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Conrad, MrOptions, pato and 55 guests