Forums

Kidnapped: Ria Sookdeo

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Kidnapped: Ria Sookdeo

Postby rollingstock » December 29th, 2017, 8:53 am

matix wrote:Not all, the lack of maintenance is amazing. I've seen playback footage and you can't even see past the camera housing. From my experiences so far the police actually get more footage from private resident surveillance systems.

Bullfuckingshit!

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » December 29th, 2017, 8:59 am

Fantastic idea, but sadly getting people to co-operate is quite a tedious task. Most people don't feel safe to assist with police investigations for fear of retaliation by the criminals. I've seen numerous situations, time and time again where people fear for their lives with giving access to their surveillance feed. There's the technology to assist with so much but it's hardly ever used. I don't know what the reasons could be but it's a flaw with our systems in this country.

Recent incident where a customer was robbed at their business place and from the surveillance footage we were able to retrieve identification plates from both vehicles involved in the robbery. Police came, showed them the footage, now to everyone present except the officers the numbers were clear, gave them the footage on a DVD disk so it's just for them to play(made it easy for them)
Couple weeks after still nothing out of the incident.
Customer sent me a couple photos, they're driving behind one of the cars that was involved in the robbery. Same car, same number. They called the police and that didn't make sense either, police told them not to follow the car that they will apprehend. Nothing came out of this. Officers said that the ID plate doesn't match the car. Now wouldn't this make you think that officers are involved?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 29th, 2017, 9:05 am

Sorry I wasnt clear- IMHO a business in POS will have say 8 cameras....2 of which are of public space the entrance and street.

If I have the video quality I can patch the feed from all/some of the cameras to a TTPS/MONS address for them to have a visual from those 2 cameras.
make it a permanent thing.But managed and maintained.
That permanent feed will bear results-
It will evolve to a city wide network...and it is a starting point to rebuild that trust that we missing....

Im betting that there are more members of the public involved and colluding with criminal enterprise than there are TTPS.

So yeah what you described is crap..if its true...but the public HAS their obligation to act....just as the TTPS

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 29th, 2017, 9:15 am

I see it as the government subsidize part of the system, in return for the feed going to a centralized database.

Plenty people putting up systems, so why duplicate the effort.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » December 29th, 2017, 9:26 am

Yes it would and it's a great idea. Just need to get the public to regain trust in our protective services. Now I'm not bashing the protective services, don't get me wrong, due to confidentiality issues I can't show the videos of incidents. But it's alarming what we see almost daily.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 29th, 2017, 9:47 am

I could tell you that the political directorates refusing this and similar concepts since 2004 ish.

The major problem in terms of crime in TnT is not TTPS...but the political directorateS.
Last edited by Redman on December 29th, 2017, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 29th, 2017, 9:50 am

rollingstock wrote:
matix wrote:Not all, the lack of maintenance is amazing. I've seen playback footage and you can't even see past the camera housing. From my experiences so far the police actually get more footage from private resident surveillance systems.

Bullfuckingshit!

Know of a personal case in north Valsayn where they used a persons private residence camera vs what was on the highway as they talked down what was installed on the highway.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » December 29th, 2017, 9:51 am

That I could relate too. Change can come but at a cost. Maybe a few generations down the road

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 29th, 2017, 10:10 am

Dave wrote:
rollingstock wrote:

Bullfuckingshit!

Know of a personal case in north Valsayn where they used a persons private residence camera vs what was on the highway as they talked down what was installed on the highway.

Not disputing that but tuntun head saying you can't see past the camera housing is absolute bs.

And just taking camera footage from a private camera as evidence isn't an easy task to use for court wrt chain of custody, and technical aspects to meet..........

Ah I digress carry on

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 29th, 2017, 10:13 am

Was a stolen vehicle, they were just curious IMO to see. No evidence or anything of the nature was the desire.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » December 29th, 2017, 10:28 am

rollingstock wrote:
Dave wrote:
rollingstock wrote:

Bullfuckingshit!

Not disputing that but tuntun head saying you can't see past the camera housing is absolute bs.

And just taking camera footage from a private camera as evidence isn't an easy task to use for court wrt chain of custody, and technical aspects to meet..........

Ah I digress carry on

Lol, you do know that all those ptz cameras housing gets hazy after a while without proper maintenance, hence you can't make anything out.

Rs how you angry so? I find you does get offended easily

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 29th, 2017, 10:58 am

Why yuh say that? That's just my normal arsehole behaviour. I don't get angry.

I'm always angry. Saves me progression time.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » December 29th, 2017, 11:07 am

Redman wrote:I could tell you that the political directorates refusing this and similar concepts since 2004 ish.

The major problem in terms of crime in TnT is not TTPS...but the political directorate.

Yep. They have smart ppl in TTPS...notwithstanding the fact that TTPS was never designed to be a proper crime fighting/detecting force.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 29th, 2017, 11:15 am

Ttps is mismanaged, and filled with lazy fckups.
'eat-ah-food' mentality as with any other government service.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » December 29th, 2017, 11:55 am

A mismanaged police force iz not unique to Tdad. Thats no excuse. But it iza problem in other nations.

Even in the developed country that setup the TTPS there are issues.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » December 29th, 2017, 12:02 pm

Yep saw plenty ladies like her boxing day in gulf city, won't be surprised if she's living right here In Trinidad or just in the Caribbean. Heard plenty about her story.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » December 29th, 2017, 12:09 pm

rollingstock wrote:Why yuh say that? That's just my normal arsehole behaviour. I don't get angry.

lol that's good

steverandolph
3NE 2NR for life

Postby steverandolph » December 29th, 2017, 12:25 pm

rollingstock wrote:Why yuh say that? That's just my normal arsehole behaviour. I don't get angry.

small/dead pen*s perhaps ?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 29th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Ask yuh mother

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » January 6th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:Yep saw plenty ladies like her boxing day in gulf city, won't be surprised if she's living right here In Trinidad or just in the Caribbean. Heard plenty about her story.
Share the story

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 6th, 2018, 1:46 pm

matix wrote:

Lol, you do know that all those ptz cameras housing gets hazy after a while without proper maintenance, hence you can't make anything out.

not the commercial high end ptz that the police using

thats true for consumer grade $1000-$5000 ptz that it gets hazy

the higher end ones have fans/coolers/heaters and all kinda sheit so they dont actually need much physical maintenance

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » January 6th, 2018, 1:57 pm

Shhhhh, leave him to mire in his ignorance

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 6th, 2018, 2:12 pm

compare something like this at $2500 USD per camera

https://www.amazon.com/AXIS-Q6055E-1080 ... xis+q6055e

https://www.axis.com/rs/en/products/axis-q60-series

to regular ptz at
150-200 usd per camera

https://www.amazon.com/Optical-Cameras- ... ptz+camera

and understand the differences

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » January 6th, 2018, 11:13 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
matix wrote:

not the commercial high end ptz that the police using

thats true for consumer grade $1000-$5000 ptz that it gets hazy

the higher end ones have fans/coolers/heaters and all kinda sheit so they dont actually need much physical maintenance

Yes this I understand. Just for my understanding then I'll like some info, this discussion is about the existing cameras that we have up in Trinidad and Tobago and their functionality. Why the fork we can't get proper footage from all these cameras that they have up then?
Ding ding ding ding

The only cameras that work good and actually show something are the fixed cameras. And I know this cause I do a lot of work with them. At night they're so so and that depends on if the streetlights in the area are working.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 7th, 2018, 12:22 am

Lol there is proper footage available from national security and ministry of works if the issue is important enough or if the police have the sense or determination to get it. Long ago Ian alleyene use to put up videos from some of those cameras. Zooming all angles for thousands of feet etc. They just don't let the footage out in the public anymore . Ministry of works cameras are very high end and the footage they have from accidents is very high quality. Just you won't ever really see it publicly

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » January 7th, 2018, 2:05 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Lol there is proper footage available from national security and ministry of works if the issue is important enough or if the police have the sense or determination to get it. Long ago Ian alleyene use to put up videos from some of those cameras. Zooming all angles for thousands of feet etc. They just don't let the footage out in the public anymore . Ministry of works cameras are very high end and the footage they have from accidents is very high quality. Just you won't ever really see it publicly

Exactly what you said. Long ago.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » January 7th, 2018, 2:43 am

matix wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:Lol there is proper footage available from national security and ministry of works if the issue is important enough or if the police have the sense or determination to get it. Long ago Ian alleyene use to put up videos from some of those cameras. Zooming all angles for thousands of feet etc. They just don't let the footage out in the public anymore . Ministry of works cameras are very high end and the footage they have from accidents is very high quality. Just you won't ever really see it publicly

Exactly what you said. Long ago.

Stop talking out your ass.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 7th, 2018, 4:56 am

Matix yuh dotish bad boy. The reason you don't see footage publicly anymore is because they lock it down. Ian alleyne padnas use to give him the footage, which they probably were not suppose to do. I done yes. I now realize yuh not too bright

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » January 7th, 2018, 8:33 am

Allyuh sensitive with them kinda comments.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » January 7th, 2018, 11:37 am

matix wrote:Allyuh sensitive with them kinda comments.

Sensitive?
There's nothing sensitive about calling you out for talking a pack of ass.

Because you buy Swann cameras by pricesmart and install by people house don't make you a surveillance expert or an authority on cameras.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”