TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Beetham being sucked into hell !!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

killercow
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: RE: Re: Beetham being sucked into hell !!

Postby killercow » October 20th, 2016, 10:40 am

bluesclues wrote:
BRZ wrote:So ah heard the government talking about building the wall ( cough cough- BERM) again? will they finally do it please!

Beetham gardens will be a gated community? Lol

Even if a wall is built it will never last. Dey will teif d bricks and either build house wit it or sell it.
Why yuh tink d current wall so short?

Advertisement
BRZ
Riding on 16's

Re: Beetham being sucked into hell !!

Postby BRZ » October 20th, 2016, 10:42 am

SR wrote:Beetham should never have road access to the Country

:D Fixed!

VII
30 pounds of Boost

Postby VII » October 20th, 2016, 11:41 am

Currently Beetham and Laventille murder rates are among the lowest in T&T..

Beetham and Laventille are the least of T&T's problems and not too hard to fix...such people easy to please and easy to keep quiet,it's the 'decent' complicated and conflicted people who making all kinda people and money disappear are our problem.. Beetham and Laventille people are just tools there for the taking and influencing ,when are we going to see some rich people or businesses use these tools in such areas in a positive and uplifting way?

For now I feel much safer passing through Beetham/Laventille than Central etc.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 20th, 2016, 11:48 am

VII wrote:Currently Beetham and Laventille murder rates are among the lowest in T&T..

Beetham and Laventille are the least of T&T's problems and not too hard to fix...such people easy to please and easy to keep quiet,it's the 'decent' complicated and conflicted people who making all kinda people and money disappear are our problem.. Beetham and Laventille people are just tools there for the taking and influencing ,when are we going to see some rich people or businesses use these tools in such areas in a positive and uplifting way?

Enough of them have moved out and into HDC developments nationwide to allow for a spread of the stats.

VII
30 pounds of Boost

Postby VII » October 20th, 2016, 12:10 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
VII wrote:Currently Beetham and Laventille murder rates are among the lowest in T&T..

Enough of them have moved out and into HDC developments nationwide to allow for a spread of the stats.

I know that theory,it's the story of Maloney and Lar Horquetta etc for decades..but crime even those areas pale in comparison to some more decent non-HDC ones,most you gonna get is a local gun down or 2 among idiots for some small hussle ,in any case they are been guided by the general proliferation of lawlessness across the board and are just as cynical as the rest of T&T.

People not even bothering to look at the fact that there have been maybe 1-2 murders for the whole year in Beetham and none in most of Laventille...people that's a serious improvement,it is to say that if the rest of the country followed that trend we probably wouldn't have 200 murders for the year..

This harping on Beetham and Laventille as is a testament to our foolish state of mind...maybe it's lighthearted but the reality is Beetham and Laventille have been really working hard for a long time and it is paying off,had Beetham and Laventille been operating as of 'old' we would have been over 500 murders this year with all the others happening all over the country.

I have great hope for our country and many ideas for Laventille and similar areas,I don't think there was a murder for the last day or 2,there's hope but we need people who are really prepared to work and not only fill their pockets.

We can fix this but first we must be willing..and part of that willingness is to accept that Beetham and Laventille are making progress.

baigan
Riding on 16's

Postby baigan » October 20th, 2016, 12:23 pm

I agree ^

We should fix beetham and laventille instead of shunning them. They're part of this country, we can't just ignore that area and expect the problem to go away. Otherwise it'll be just like the favelas in Brazil, it's already pretty close..

VII
30 pounds of Boost

Postby VII » October 20th, 2016, 12:24 pm

baigan wrote:I agree ^

We should fix beetham and laventille instead of shunning them. They're part of this country, we can't just ignore that area and expect the problem to go away. Otherwise it'll be just like the favelas in Brazil, it's already pretty close..

Yep but currently it's nothing like that though...dem people only want to be recognized as people and treated a such with a lil mamaguay and the results would be glaring as they are becoming now..

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: Beetham being sucked into hell !!

Postby bluesclues » October 20th, 2016, 1:12 pm

Like ive said. Ive seen ppl and communities go from poor and violent, and grow into middleclass families with much better behaviour and community interaction. By getting and taking opportunities that help to stably, raise their standard of living so that they reach a point where they have the means to acquire the things they need and want. Fix up their mother house, and can no longer function in a gangbanging environment.

There are even examples that have completely grown out of low class behaviour and you wouldnt know it by the way they carry themselves now. I have seen warring communities, put down the gun, and stop shooting this one because he shoot that one. I see them now holding jobs. And getting to work on time everyday. And worried about losing their job, praying to God even for them to keep that job.

To me it is very simple. As long as poverty exists with squallour and the shunning and lack of respect for the less financially endowed is part of society's mindset, there will be crime. And depending on the degree of these conditions and mindset, the degree of crime will be relative. A depreciation in tolerance is a response to a lack of empathy.

There is always a cost. Some ppl disavow social policies. Ignoring that these policies help the less fortunate, not necessarily criminals as it's primary target. And that taking it away to punish criminals that benefit from it also punishes those who were really trying and on a path to establishing themselves until the program was cut. But social programs also help to curb crime. By providing necessities that the lack of, cause ppl to 'go mad' and become bandits to provide for the family in the cases of extreme lack of opportunity. But what would you pay to have your freedom restored? To be able to leave your house unlocked and go about your business for the day with peace of mind, noone is going to run in and steal. Even though u dont even have a dog, or maybe not even a fence? What would u pay to be able to walk the street alone at any time of night and have no fear of being accosted or taken advantage of by an opportunist criminal.

Is it worth it? the syphoning away of state revenues, the selling of state assets after running them into the ground and the cover of a depreciating dollar to ensure there is enough to go around. The improper distribution of resources and contracts so u or a family member can buy that new prado. Is it worth it, to gain those things, and lose your freedom? And the risk that your children might get kidnapped or shot in school in a crime ridden state? Is it worth it, to make lopsided policies that always favour big business over the common man EVEN THOUGH u are seeing that their growth is leading to a decline in overall productivity of the state as it stifles the growth of individuals?

Was it worth it? To lose paradise, for bigger buildings? And foreign investors who take out more than they put in? To have to go into the HS Fund when we should be adding to it? Was the shoddy contracting of drainage worth it? When your whole region flooding out. And because noone could take a few million dollars to tote some big stone and make a bigger wall? Is it worth it, to understate your contract cost to win the bid, and then extort the government out of more money because of severe project overruns since they already 'tie up' with you? A 20/20 vision for first world status should certainly, i say certainly, include better roads. But do we even have that to show for all that government has 'done for us'?

Is it worth it trinidad and tobago, to continue along these lines?

baigan
Riding on 16's

Postby baigan » October 20th, 2016, 1:36 pm

bluesclues wrote:

Like ive said. Ive seen ppl and communities go from poor and violent, and grow into middleclass families with much better behaviour and community interaction. By getting and taking opportunities that help to stably, raise their standard of living so that they reach a point where they have the means to acquire the things they need and want. Fix up their mother house, and can no longer function in a gangbanging environment.

There are even examples that have completely grown out of low class behaviour and you wouldnt know it by the way they carry themselves now. I have seen warring communities, put down the gun, and stop shooting this one because he shoot that one. I see them now holding jobs. And getting to work on time everyday. And worried about losing their job, praying to God even for them to keep that job.

To me it is very simple. As long as poverty exists with squallour and the shunning and lack of respect for the less financially endowed is part of society's mindset, there will be crime. And depending on the degree of these conditions and mindset, the degree of crime will be relative. A depreciation in tolerance is a response to a lack of empathy.

There is always a cost. Some ppl disavow social policies. Ignoring that these policies help the less fortunate, not necessarily criminals as it's primary target. And that taking it away to punish criminals that benefit from it also punishes those who were really trying and on a path to establishing themselves until the program was cut. But social programs also help to curb crime. By providing necessities that the lack of, cause ppl to 'go mad' and become bandits to provide for the family in the cases of extreme lack of opportunity. But what would you pay to have your freedom restored? To be able to leave your house unlocked and go about your business for the day with peace of mind, noone is going to run in and steal. Even though u dont even have a dog, or maybe not even a fence? What would u pay to be able to walk the street alone at any time of night and have no fear of being accosted or taken advantage of by an opportunist criminal.

Is it worth it? the syphoning away of state revenues, the selling of state assets after running them into the ground and the cover of a depreciating dollar to ensure there is enough to go around. The improper distribution of resources and contracts so u or a family member can buy that new prado. Is it worth it, to gain those things, and lose your freedom? And the risk that your children might get kidnapped or shot in school in a crime ridden state? Is it worth it, to make lopsided policies that always favour big business over the common man EVEN THOUGH u are seeing that their growth is leading to a decline in overall productivity of the state as it stifles the growth of individuals?

Was it worth it? To lose paradise, for bigger buildings? And foreign investors who take out more than they put in? To have to go into the HS Fund when we should be adding to it? Was the shoddy contracting of drainage worth it? When your whole region flooding out. And because noone could take a few million dollars to tote some big stone and make a bigger wall? Is it worth it, to understate your contract cost to win the bid, and then extort the government out of more money because of severe project overruns since they already 'tie up' with you? A 20/20 vision for first world status should certainly, i say certainly, include better roads. But do we even have that to show for all that government has 'done for us'?

Is it worth it trinidad and tobago, to continue along these lines?

I agree fully. Well said bluesclues.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 20th, 2016, 7:23 pm

All this long talk, just build the wall

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » October 21st, 2016, 5:52 am

Maybe it's hell being sucked into the beetham

coltspeed
Trinituner Peong

Postby coltspeed » October 21st, 2016, 8:26 am

nervewrecker wrote:All this long talk, just build the wall

YES
&
YES
neexis wrote:Maybe it's hell being sucked into the beetham

I could write a book long sorrowful story. BUT I STILL SIT DOWN ON MY ARSE DOING NOTHING BOUT IT!!!!

VII
30 pounds of Boost

Postby VII » October 21st, 2016, 11:35 am

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,234837.html

BEETHAM SCHOLAR
By Akilah Holder Friday, October 21 2016

THE people of Beetham Gardens - whose community has long been maligned as a place of rampant crime, poverty and hopelessness - today can feel justifiably proud after one of their own, Ajamu Crosby rose above all these stigmas to achieve excellence in the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) and earn an Additional Scholarship in Natural Science.

“It is not a question of where one lives, but a question of one’s mentality,” the 18-year-old scholar told Newsday yesterday after he and his proud single parent mother Juliana Crosby-Oladele visited this newspaper’s Chacon Street, Port-of-Spain head-office to share the good news. Crosby’s scholarship was won in the Natural Science category. He hopes his success will inspire others in his community and other economically depressed areas around the country, to strive for excellence, no matter what their circumstances may be. A former student of Tunapuna Secondary, where he completed his Caribbean Secondary Entrance Certificate (CSEC) exam and went to Hillview College where he completed the CAPE exam, Crosby explained that his success came through determination and a burning desire not to be, “another fellar on the block.” Admittedly though, he faced many distractions in his community including loud music in the area where he lives. But I kept my focus, he said, and in the end pulled through.

“I know that even though you’re from the Beetham Gardens, you can still make it and go out there and do great things,” said Crosby. “It’s not about where you live, but about your work ethic, having ambition to be more than just a ‘fellar on the block’, idling and not doing anything.

It’s about wanting to be more. Yes there will be distractions. There was loud music in the area now and then, things like that, but I never let those things distract me. And I didn’t take lessons because I didn’t want to put my family through any more financial constraints. I studied on my own,” he said. At the CAPE level, Crosby studied Pure Maths, Applied Maths, Physics and Chemistry, Communication Studies. In Unit 1, he attained five distinctions and in Unit II, he attained two distinctions, two ones and a two. The fact that he has earned a national scholarship has not yet sunk in for Crosby. “It feels surreal.

But all the same, it’s a nice, wonderful feeling.” While Crosby has completed his secondary level education he has been busy studying for the second part of the American Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), which he will sit on November 7. He sat the first part of the exam on October 1, and his dream is to attend the University of Colombia, the University of California (UCLA) or Northwestern University.

As he spoke to Newsday, Crosby’s mother Juliana Crosby-Oladele could not help but smile as it was clear she was proud of her son. She said she was not surprised by his success and stressed the importance of the role of a parent or parents in charting the course of their children’s lives.

Crosby-Oladele, a camp matron at Presto Praesto Boys’ Youth Camp in Freeport, acknowledged the gang-related activity in her area, although she said only a very few miscreants are to blame for the stigma attached to the Beetham Gardens. She said the actions of these few bad eggs are sensationalised in the media.

“I’m not saying ‘no’, there is no gang-related activity in the community, but one of the things that fully contributed to me steering my children in a particular direction as a single parent was having worked for and among at-risk young people, for well over nineteen years. I saw their experiences, I went into their world and I knew what they were experiencing in terms of parenting. I think parenting is a great factor and it proves that no matter where you are, according to your parenting style, that is what is going to determine the product your children become.

Apart from Ajamu, Crosby-Oladele can feel proud that her 20-year-old daughter is studying civil engineering at the University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT), she has a 17-year-old son who is studying graphic design at UTT and a 15-year-old who is a Form 4 student at Tunapuna Secondary.

VII
30 pounds of Boost

Postby VII » October 21st, 2016, 10:26 pm

No comments ? Had it been an article on a fiery protest or some other negative act this thread would've definitely been bumped over and over.

Some people just love to have outlets such as Beetham/Lavetille to say "look at them,I'm better than them"..

Well people apparently there are people from Beetham doing much better than many of you and yours and this isn't anything new but it's a more regular occurrence nowadays and if empowered personally I would certainly look to perpetuate with outreach and mentoring programs etc.

Beetham is soooo small and just a rectangle with cross streets ffs!!! Perfect little lab..first thing gotta go is the dump,there are some pristine wetlands right there and with the right machinations I can see Beetham people being the custodians and promoters of some eco-tourism/aquaculture project right there ,with a good over pass in the mix of course,it can happen,and I'm certain there's a generic scientific term for this idea too,a sorta self-gentrification..

Anyway in the meantime "look at dem,,,,,bomb dem"....
Last edited by VII on October 21st, 2016, 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » October 21st, 2016, 10:35 pm

Yeah, build the wall....

VII
30 pounds of Boost

Postby VII » October 21st, 2016, 10:37 pm

pugboy wrote:Yeah, build the wall....

And while they're at it maybe you can get a penile enlargement.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » October 21st, 2016, 10:47 pm

Try and recognize the sarcasm(...)

VII
30 pounds of Boost

Postby VII » October 21st, 2016, 10:51 pm

pugboy wrote:Try and recognize the sarcasm(...)

ooooops..well yeah I'm guilty too then!! I think I remember you as a level headed progressive guy. :wink:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”