Property Tax in Trinidad & Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Re: Property Tax in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Gladiator » March 4th, 2018, 11:31 am

Redman wrote:
viedcht wrote:I read figi hinds say 150000 ppl file their return... That citizens WANT to pay property tax . Who WANTS to pay any tax? Except maybe the ultra-rich.

I cant vouch for the number-but quite a few people are more interested in compliance with the law than the act of paying a tax.

I think many also want to advance things in TnT so the system of identifying who are beneficial owners etc is a starting mechanism towards being able to persecute corruptions.

Its a start.
Enforcement requires a system,rules and funds.

So yes there are quite a bit of people that are ok with this
No you wrong again... Only seeing things through your PNM eyes. People submitted forms to comply with the law and avoid a penalty. Nobody wants more taxes.

Especially when this PNM govt obviously cannot manage it or do anything useful for the country. How many more stadiums we need?

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » March 4th, 2018, 12:00 pm

As well, I read that the act/amendment midget bringing to the house includes closing the 'loophole' where persons paying the (old)land tax believe they entitled to the land... Any law-savvy tuners can explain how that entitled someone to claim the land in the first place? (Sorry in advance for being too lazy to look this up. Reading a pdf on a mobile is not a joy for me)
Last edited by viedcht on March 4th, 2018, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » March 4th, 2018, 12:01 pm

UNC - United National Congress - Was Live Press Briefing by the Opposition on Sunday04/03/18

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 4th, 2018, 12:23 pm

LOL...Sh!tkicker chicken-out yes...:lol:

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 4th, 2018, 1:03 pm

People bawling ohh how if yuh was in murica yuh woda pay the tax...thing is...how many roads you see in america like ours??? can you go to a hospital and wait for days for a bed??? And the list goes on...pnm logic yes

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 4th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Redman wrote:Real estate is the biggest asset class....it must be regulated...and transparent.

Bullying is the only way you get compliance in TNT.
Coated for posterior

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 4th, 2018, 2:25 pm

Veejo - Dem does sound real good in opposition.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 4th, 2018, 2:26 pm

I complied to avoid the penalty. Not because I want to pay for government ministers to play.

If i buy a karamath roti for 20 and feel Good. Then buy a Hosein roti for 35... Will I feel better?
No.
Effectively I am paying more for the same content. If I pay more, I expect to get more.

Therefore, if I pay more taxes, I expect to get an improved quality if life. Nothing the pnm has done since in office promises to improve the standard of living.
Infact, the property tax makes it legally binding for strangers to enter your premises, the civil asset forfeiture makes it possible to them to Seize Ur assets with no evidence of wrong doing, and the antigang makes it possible For u to Get arrested with no real evidence that u are a criminal, and no way to go in a court and prove Ur case.

The arrest for dissent in the antigang makes speaking out against Ur government a punishable crime (in the voice of wade mark).

F* pnm and F* all of Their supporters. Strims smarter than any of u that defending their crap.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 4th, 2018, 2:26 pm

viedcht wrote:As well, I read that the act/amendment midget bringing to the house includes closing the 'loophole' where persons paying the (old)land tax believe they entitled to the land... Any law-savvy tuners can explain how that entitled someone to claim the land in the first place? (Sorry in advance for being too lazy to look this up. Reading a pdf on a mobile is not a joy for me)

Once you paid the tax for a period of about 15 years, you could claim the land as your own. That is how it was.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 4th, 2018, 2:30 pm

I will go to jail before I let one of those strangers enter my house for valuation purposes.

Not in this T&T today.

My family safety comes first.

Not even T&TEC comes in your home anymore.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 4th, 2018, 2:44 pm

They could walk in my house if they want.

The way at least one of them would leave would a whole other story to be told by them from their bedside.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » March 4th, 2018, 6:41 pm

bluefete wrote:
viedcht wrote:As well, I read that the act/amendment midget bringing to the house includes closing the 'loophole' where persons paying the (old)land tax believe they entitled to the land... Any law-savvy tuners can explain how that entitled someone to claim the land in the first place? (Sorry in advance for being too lazy to look this up. Reading a pdf on a mobile is not a joy for me)

Once you paid the tax for a period of about 15 years, you could claim the land as your own. That is how it was.
Hmm that's seriously flawed... but I guess if for 15 years they paying your tax...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 4th, 2018, 7:23 pm

as long as they issue the notification latter that they will be coming to assess, they have the legal right and duty to enter your premises and not liable for any damage or molestation that occurs because of the entry...

that is what u pass in the property tax.. blasted pnm idiots.
but it have so much houses with so many people living, like a termite mound... it hard to say how own what and responsible for what.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 4th, 2018, 7:51 pm

That is one piece of madness.

The only people who could come in your home 'jusso' are the police. And even they need to have a warrant (or bring one after dey mash-up your property :x :P

But I am waiting for when the country wakes up.

sMASH wrote:as long as they issue the notification latter that they will be coming to assess, they have the legal right and duty to enter your premises and not liable for any damage or molestation that occurs because of the entry...

that is what u pass in the property tax.. blasted pnm idiots.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 4th, 2018, 7:55 pm

they will come with police if u dont acknowledge that u granting permission, they not going there juss so.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 4th, 2018, 8:07 pm

look how this thing going and cause all kinda bachannal eh...especially after the first few "inspections"

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Postby No_Name » March 4th, 2018, 9:57 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:But all of them people who vote PNM still supporting the PNM. It have a PNM sufferer where I work, last week I went to wash my hands and I realize the liquid soap gone along with the tide and toilet paper. So I jump up and say how a PNM sufferer thief the toilet paper and soap, you know just so a PNM sufferer jump up and say how "the man who thief it mubbe need it more than we he seeing hard times he mubbe need it to wash he clothes to come to work" mind you this same cacahole does have money to buy ganja everyday eh

This is a trend among the PNM people, they steal all the soap and toilet paper from the employer then use "child and child mother" need it to survive as justification for stealing. Allyuh feel these people paying any property tax? these people don't pay for anything which is why the vote PNM allyuh eh notice the PNM turns a blind eye to crime aswell? this is why criminals are more likely to vote for the PNM.

Remember PNM-ites are chuppid ppl ah, so dey really need a sthing to stimulate their mind, ganja in yr co-worker's case...
Then they're also narrow minded (another form of chuppid), since dey Nenen say PNM all d way since dey small...

Come like yest, I pull up to my opened gateway to reverse park in my yard, put on indicator in car bout 50 feet b4 my actual stop, a PNM-ite stick up behind me, to d point where he cya move forward or back, I simply came out n tapped my flashing indicator n said "but it wukkin man", he gesticulates as if he's holding a gun at me...

Long n short, their lives depend on crime n their PNM mind set...
Little did he knw, if wasn't for my child in the car, he could've been eating from a straw all now...

THIS is what the country needs, deal with them...!!!

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 4th, 2018, 9:59 pm

bluefete wrote:

The only people I allow into my home is T&TEC and that happens maybe once in 20 years because you actually need their help.

Like I said, criminals are most likely to vote PNM for obvious reasons.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 5th, 2018, 11:48 pm

Property Tax Retroactive?

The Opposition Leader says even though the Property Tax bill does not require the Opposition's support...the Opposition's battle with the Government over the bill could find its way in court.

One reason centers around a change in the date to end the moratorium on the property tax which the Opposition Leader says will make it retroactive.

The Government says the change was made to correct a typo.

Watch here: https://www.tv6tnt.com/news/7pmnews/pro ... 2d169.html

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 6th, 2018, 5:28 am

Well, Yeah.
Smeagol and his precious.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 6th, 2018, 6:27 am

& they red & ready?
Trini's chose this bs. y complain & express dissatisfaction now?

as some guyanese yute would say
tek buddy tek buddy

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 6th, 2018, 10:47 am

1520347658057.jpg
1520347658057.jpg (42.92 KiB) Viewed 3285 times

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 6th, 2018, 11:21 am

On this morning's episode of the Morning Brew, Dr David Lee told Hema Ramkissoon that he is unclear why Dr. Keith Rowley is seeking to bring back Property Tax when he opposed it in 2009.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 6th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Cuz it a have no big projects going on to get $$...so property tax for it...anything else

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » March 8th, 2018, 6:36 am

Plenty of pnm die hard don't actually own any property, and mostly squat or hdc racket.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 20th, 2018, 5:52 am

ZxZ wrote:
bluefete wrote:I will go to jail before I let one of those strangers enter my house for valuation purposes.

Not in this T&T today.

My family safety comes first.

Not even T&TEC comes in your home anymore.

They dont need to enter your house, they just taking outside measurements and asking about your layout/fixtures. According to the law, they can enter, but they dont need to, it would take too damn long to do all the flecking houses.

Me, I not answering any question from any petty functionary, & I am not allowing anyone on my property at any time or for any reason unless I deem it necessary. I don't care what they want, where they from, or who sent them, my family safety & privacy come before anything.
what does get me eh, this bald bastard actually tell these idiots outright before election that is this he going to do, & these jackasses STILL put him there & want to complain now. yuh feel some Trini dotish in joke?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 20th, 2018, 9:50 am

ZxZ wrote:As far as safety goes, they informing you a week in advance, and will be identifying themselves clearly when they reach.

& if I decide to tell dem do not enter my property, they STILL cannot enter. At most they could just stand up on d road, take pics, & guess the dimensions of the outside. If they see an A/C compressor, that's one thing they could say you have. Electricity line to the building is another. Maybe they might see a pvc pipe in d yard, so they assume there's a water connection & septic system. It still means nothing, because they have no idea if I living in there, or if is just one massive room ram packed with cages & I farming rabbits in there. cuz unless they hired Clarke Kent, no petty government lackey can know how many rooms or the contents & finishings that are in a building from looking at the outside or the land it's on.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » March 20th, 2018, 10:03 am

Canada recently imposed a 15% Tax on Non- Canadian property investors to help protect their real estate market from getting too over priced as well as help with their taxation, what do the brilliant idiots in Trinidads government do? They increase the Land TAXes on their citizens!

what a bunch of up-fuks !

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 20th, 2018, 11:24 am

ZxZ wrote:
88sins wrote:
ZxZ wrote:As far as safety goes, they informing you a week in advance, and will be identifying themselves clearly when they reach.

& if I decide to tell dem do not enter my property, they STILL cannot enter. At most they could just stand up on d road, take pics, & guess the dimensions of the outside. If they see an A/C compressor, that's one thing they could say you have. Electricity line to the building is another. Maybe they might see a pvc pipe in d yard, so they assume there's a water connection & septic system. It still means nothing, because they have no idea if I living in there, or if is just one massive room ram packed with cages & I farming rabbits in there. cuz unless they hired Clarke Kent, no petty government lackey can know how many rooms or the contents & finishings that are in a building from looking at the outside or the land it's on.

I just going to tell you the reality of the situation here, I dont support the tax but I know how it works. You can refuse to let them in your gate, is your right to do so. They might try again a few weeks/months down the line. If not, they hitting you with a very rough estimate that they sending in to BIR. And with this tax is a [b]comply then complain situation before you can go to the tax appeal board.
[/b]
& this is why I does say, the bulk of Trini's gutless & dotish like a bag a rat turds, because they voted for this horsesheit. You cannot issue a rough estimate for something when you don't even have an idea if it even exists. Because it wouldn't be rough, it would be entirely erroneous.

Imagine yourself being taxed for a 6 bedroom house, when there's only 2 bedrooms, or being taxed based on the finishings you have in your home that you already 15% or 12.5% VAT for when you purchased them.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » March 20th, 2018, 11:51 am

88sins wrote:
ZxZ wrote:
88sins wrote:

I just going to tell you the reality of the situation here, I dont support the tax but I know how it works. You can refuse to let them in your gate, is your right to do so. They might try again a few weeks/months down the line. If not, they hitting you with a very rough estimate that they sending in to BIR. And with this tax is a [b]comply then complain situation before you can go to the tax appeal board.
[/b]
& this is why I does say, the bulk of Trini's gutless & dotish like a bag a rat turds, because they voted for this horsesheit. You cannot issue a rough estimate for something when you don't even have an idea if it even exists. Because it wouldn't be rough, it would be entirely erroneous.

Imagine yourself being taxed for a 6 bedroom house, when there's only 2 bedrooms, or being taxed based on the finishings you have in your home that you already 15% or 12.5% VAT for when you purchased them.

This is exactly what they want if you refuse to let them in. They will put you in the highest tax bracket and the rough estimate will be higher than what it should have been. You will then have to query it and eventually have people enter your house to correct it. In the mean time you will have to pay the higher tax bracket cost while the query is being done for the correction. Easier to let them in to get the correct info without the hassle.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”