Forums

Property Tax in Trinidad & Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Re: Property Tax in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby ProtonPowder » June 20th, 2018, 7:50 pm

The_Honourable wrote:2. It is planned that the ‘new’ Property tax will commence in 2018. However, it remains to be seen if that can be accomplished bearing in mind the limited time left in 2018.

http://www.ttparliament.org/legislations/b2018h02g.pdf

7A. (1) Where the Commissioner is of the
view
that more than fifty per cent of all land
in Trinidad and Tobago has been valued and
that the valuations should take effect, he
shall notify the Minister.
(2) Upon receipt by the Minister of
the advice that the valuations should take
effect, the Minister may by Order declare
that the valuations are in effect.”.

Even if the minister force the COV to lie and say that 50% of the valuations are complete, it has to be a convincing lie. And that will have to be at least 200k+ residential properties. I keep telling men that this tax not rolling out before next election, the assessments only start 2 months now.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 20th, 2018, 11:47 pm

is the minimum value of 18000 for the monthly rental or the annual rental?

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » June 20th, 2018, 11:49 pm

Annual, that would end up being $486 in tax for the year, which is real high for a minimum value

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 21st, 2018, 7:01 am

ProtonPowder wrote:Annual, that would end up being $486 in tax for the year, which is real high for a minimum value

& nobody living in an actual house is going to have that minimum $486/yr. I can't name names, but someone mentioned to me that the average minimum they expecting to value most homes ARV at for is roughly $48000/yr. If that's truly the the intent & what actually happens, expect an annual tax liability of $1296/yr

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » June 21st, 2018, 8:41 am

Opposition going to roll back the tax?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 21st, 2018, 6:36 pm

matr1x wrote:Opposition going to roll back the tax?

they going to do the exact same thing they did last time

Absolutely nothing

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » June 21st, 2018, 7:10 pm

88sins wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:Annual, that would end up being $486 in tax for the year, which is real high for a minimum value

& nobody living in an actual house is going to have that minimum $486/yr. I can't name names, but someone mentioned to me that the average minimum they expecting to value most homes ARV at for is roughly $48000/yr. If that's truly the the intent & what actually happens, expect an annual tax liability of $1296/yr

Your inside source is very poorly informed

There are 15 city, borough and regional corporations in TnT. Each has a subdivision of high income and low income areas. For example in Diego Martin regional corp, westmoorings is in the highest band, and the upper ross lands in the lowest. In the middle would be Crystal Stream and such.

Each of those 'bands' has a different rate associated with a specific class of house. What you term a 'standard' house of identical square footage would run you an very different property tax figure in Lange Park versus on Munroe Road in chaguanas corporation.

You can have the biggest executive mansion in Penal rock road, and it would still attract a lower ARV per square foot compared to a standard house in Palmiste.

Your friend might have an idea, but I have the actual data.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 21st, 2018, 7:13 pm

88sins wrote:
matr1x wrote:Opposition going to roll back the tax?

they going to do the exact same thing they did last time

Absolutely nothing

Kamla getting ready for 2020...campaign hard

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 22nd, 2018, 9:54 am

There are 15 city, borough and regional corporations in TnT. Each has a subdivision of high income and low income areas. For example in Diego Martin regional corp, westmoorings is in the highest band, and the upper ross lands in the lowest. In the middle would be Crystal Stream and such.[/quote]
It's called zoning, & it's not a new idea, it's been practically finished for quite some time & is currently used by certain state services, TTPost for one. But it's intention to be used for valuations for this property tax, not gonna happen. It will be used to aid in locating properties, but that's about it.
ProtonPowder wrote:Each of those 'bands' has a different rate associated with a specific class of house. What you term a 'standard' house of identical square footage would run you an very different property tax figure in Lange Park versus on Munroe Road in chaguanas corporation.

Show me where in that post I used the term "standard house" :roll:
Just note, the words standard & average are not at all interchangeable & mean very different things.

ProtonPowder wrote:You can have the biggest executive mansion in Penal rock road, and it would still attract a lower ARV per square foot compared to a standard house in Palmiste.

& this is why the zoning idea they had just won't work the way they thought, & why it won't be utilized. The idea is to get as much as they can, from as many as they can. I could go into the details about why it's not going to be used at all but I eh got time for that.

ProtonPowder wrote:Your friend might have an idea, but I have the actual tata.

sounds about correct

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » June 22nd, 2018, 5:16 pm

88sins wrote:I have no idea what I'm talking about.

sounds about correct

You gone talking about things you have zero knowledge of. Just because TTpost might use regional corporations for dividing TnT doesnt mean nothing or no one else can.

A 'standard' house is one of the five classes of dwellings. There are executive, modern, standard, substandard and shack. You went attributing commonalities to a jargon term. This really tells me you have no idea what you talking about.

You claim to not want to go into details about why this sort of zoning cant be used. Fact remains that over 3000 ARVs have already been calculated from assessments in the past month using those zonings.

Please go ahead and tell me why they wont be used.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 22nd, 2018, 5:50 pm

your brain is really the size of a proton

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » June 22nd, 2018, 6:22 pm

88sins wrote:my brain is really the size of a proton

Thanks for proving how useless you are, and the nonsense you spew

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 23rd, 2018, 6:52 am

88sins wrote:It's called zoning, & it's not a new idea, it's been practically finished for quite some time & is currently used by certain state services, TTPost for one. But it's intention to be used for valuations for this property tax, not gonna happen. It will be used to aid in locating properties, but that's about it.

ProtonPowder wrote:
You gone talking about things you have zero knowledge of. Just because TTpost might use regional corporations for dividing TnT doesnt mean nothing or no one else can.

Note, the word "services", that's the plural of the word service, meaning more than one service. But anyway...

Congratulations, you've just won the award for "The Most Illiterate Cunnyhole" on tuner. You've worked hard for it, & you've truly earned it.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » June 23rd, 2018, 10:52 am

88sins wrote:
88sins wrote:It's called zoning, & it's not a new idea, it's been practically finished for quite some time & is currently used by certain state services, TTPost for one. But it's intention to be used for valuations for this property tax, not gonna happen. It will be used to aid in locating properties, but that's about it.

ProtonPowder wrote:

Note, the word "services", that's the plural of the word service, meaning more than one service. But anyway...

Congratulations, you've just won the award for "The Most Illiterate Cunnyhole" on tuner. You've worked hard for it, & you've truly earned it.

lmaooo
Out of every single bit of nonsense you talk bout, you latch on to the most insignificant slip I made.

That dont change anything boy, you gone talking about why regional corporations cant be used, and I still waiting, take your time. Try attacking the argument and focus less on the person and the grammar. I see you struggling bad.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 23rd, 2018, 6:19 pm

Ok King Capt. Cunny

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » June 23rd, 2018, 7:22 pm

88sins wrote:Ok King Capt. Cunny

Poor popo fraid to @ me cause i go cut he ass with more facts

https://rgd.legalaffairs.gov.tt/laws2/A ... /26.01.pdf
https://rgd.legalaffairs.gov.tt/laws2/A ... /25.04.pdf
Go read and learn something, maybe you can tell me a more efficient way to divide the country

http://alta-tt.org/contact-us-2/
And since you cant read and rebut arguments properly, take that for good measure

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 23rd, 2018, 10:37 pm

Proton does fight this Property Tax thing hard boy.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 23rd, 2018, 11:21 pm

At least he making a case and not making mindless comments from pro-pnm "journalists" saying "if yuh could pay for a carnival costume, you could pay d tax"

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » June 23rd, 2018, 11:45 pm

Just trying to combat misinformation. Not just posting while eating grass in POS.

I know that the government playing the ass and don't tell the public anything when it come to this tax. And that is what does frighten people. I could understand speculation, but when men posting nonsense and playing wrong and strong, it does vex me.

I don't advocate for this tax. There are many things I despise about it. Namely the way they will treat apartments and mixed use buildings, or anything with an external staircase to it. Things like that, I go be glad when people sue the government over the inequitability of it.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » June 24th, 2018, 12:14 am

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 24th, 2018, 12:32 am

Gladiator wrote:https://www.facebook.com/kickoutpnm/videos/1353504618127846/

Somebody embed for me please

Done

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 24th, 2018, 2:12 am

ProtonPowder wrote:Just trying to combat misinformation. Not just posting while eating grass in POS.

I know that the government playing the ass and don't tell the public anything when it come to this tax. And that is what does frighten people. I could understand speculation, but when men posting nonsense and playing wrong and strong, it does vex me.

I don't advocate for this tax. There are many things I despise about it. Namely the way they will treat apartments and mixed use buildings, or anything with an external staircase to it. Things like that, I go be glad when people sue the government over the inequitability of it.
Misinformation my arse.

It's is nothing but an injun tax.

PNM ppl will pay jack chit

Orders from bailiser house is to tax injuns more.

What taxes laventille and Beetham going to pay?

What about those PNM hdc housing gettoes, who paying those?

Kool Lee ppl living there?

Stop you PNM bill chit propaganda, you dim wit.

You are nothing but a paid PNM blogger

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » June 24th, 2018, 1:05 pm

zoom rader wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:Misinformation my arse.

It's is nothing but an injun tax.

PNM ppl will pay jack chit

Orders from bailiser house is to tax injuns more.

What taxes laventille and Beetham going to pay?

What about those PNM hdc housing gettoes, who paying those?

Kool Lee ppl living there?

Stop you PNM bill chit propaganda, you dim wit.

You are nothing but a paid PNM blogger

And you are a race baiting puppet lodged firmly over Sat Maharaj's nasty penis.
You disgust me

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » June 25th, 2018, 5:01 pm

During their Manifesto launch on August 20, 2015 Keith Rowley told the audience Prakash Ramadhar and the UNC was lying when they said “PNM would bring back the dreaded Property Tax” Fast forward to March 2, 2018 the PNM passed the Property Tax Bill.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » June 25th, 2018, 7:00 pm

2:10
"76:04 be now read in parts say Aye"
"aye"
"Any against?"
"NOOO"
"I think the ayes have it"
Attachments
Vex.png

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 25th, 2018, 8:40 pm

TriP wrote:During their Manifesto launch on August 20, 2015 Keith Rowley told the audience Prakash Ramadhar and the UNC was lying when they said “PNM would bring back the dreaded Property Tax” Fast forward to March 2, 2018 the PNM passed the Property Tax Bill.

misdirect and word play champian shitkicker... no wonder why he deal so much oman.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 26th, 2018, 5:18 am

my parents guesstimating a tax of at least $2300 for the year........so my question....where do pensioners stand in this?

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » June 26th, 2018, 7:22 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:my parents guesstimating a tax of at least $2300 for the year........so my question....where do pensioners stand in this?

http://rgd.legalaffairs.gov.tt/laws2/al ... /76.04.pdf
Read section 23 on page 16. The assessment wont have anything to do with that, they will have to wait 1-3 years when BIR start sending out notices/invoices to send in a request under section 23.

Remember it would be a deferral, not exemption.

What area your parents live in? If is anywhere other than St Clair or Westmoorings, that figure would be a wrong estimate.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 26th, 2018, 7:46 am

So the tax is based on where you live?? Or the size of house...they live far east

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 26th, 2018, 3:02 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:my parents guesstimating a tax of at least $2300 for the year........so my question....where do pensioners stand in this?

What area your parents live in? If is anywhere other than St Clair or Westmoorings, that figure would be a wrong estimate.

:roll:

Interesting you know how much tax liability they will or won't have, particularly without knowing the size, or condition, or location, or ARV of the structure or structures that are on said property, but quick to say unless they living in St. Clair or Westmoorings it won't be that high.

Carry on

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”