ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Re: Property Tax in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby ProtonPowder » June 5th, 2018, 6:31 pm

crazybalhead wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:
zoom rader wrote:I read what imbert wrote, I think it was a staged PNM Public relation excersize .

But all in all its really an injun tax.

We know that no one in beetham and laventille will get taxed and in the other PNM hot spots areas.

This tax will lead to ppl not improving their homes or doing mods to it.

These valuations will be done by PNM ppl and mostly likely they will have an unspoken mandate to tax injuns higher

you going to be so surprised when you actually see who the assessors are
and the valuers
and the deputy COV
and the COV himself

Not really.

so you know that they are majority indians then?

Sigh...is Ric you talking about sir?

Yes
Are you now going to tell me that a licensed land and valuation surveyor is an uneducated fool?
Or is he a pnm hire from the slums of the beetham?

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » June 5th, 2018, 6:36 pm

De Dragon wrote:So a prayer room should be open and uncovered? The point is, a prayer room should not be taxed at all, once it is verified as such since no one else will be affected by this.

I giving you the exact rate for an enclosed and covered structure apart from the house. I eh telling you how to build it.

Voiding any area of a private residence is much more headache than it is worth. Anybody could claim anything is a prayer room. No assessor will go inside a house or closed structure, so your entire house could be a prayer room at that point.

And how would one even prove that they are of a religion which requires a prayer room?
Should a note from the pundit be sought?

The best way to deal with this is to separate church from state entirely and treat everyone as equal before this law.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 5th, 2018, 7:51 pm

^^injun tax

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 5th, 2018, 8:48 pm

What going on in jordan will never happen here...we are chesssssss beaters behind a computer and daz it...take wah yuh get and hymc...one man deciding to make a stance in trinidad will never attract anybody...

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 5th, 2018, 10:13 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
De Dragon wrote:So a prayer room should be open and uncovered? The point is, a prayer room should not be taxed at all, once it is verified as such since no one else will be affected by this.

I giving you the exact rate for an enclosed and covered structure apart from the house. I eh telling you how to build it.

Voiding any area of a private residence is much more headache than it is worth. Anybody could claim anything is a prayer room. No assessor will go inside a house or closed structure, so your entire house could be a prayer room at that point.

And how would one even prove that they are of a religion which requires a prayer room?

The best way to deal with this is to separate church from state entirely and treat everyone as equal before this law.

:? :? :?
Have you ever seen, or been in a Hindu prayer room? I think if you're genuinely claiming a prayer room as such, then you as the homeowner would show the valuator that it is indeed a prayer room with all the items that a prayer room normally has, like murtis etc.
Your "entire house as a prayer room" argument is laughable btw. Anyone seeking an exemption from any tax has to show why they qualify for such, be it annuity statements, tourism investment. It is not dependent on emotion, or because you say/feel so.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » June 5th, 2018, 10:33 pm

De Dragon wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:

Have you ever seen, or been in a Hindu prayer room? I think if you're genuinely claiming a prayer room as such, then you as the homeowner would show the valuator that it is indeed a prayer room with all the items that a prayer room normally has, like murtis etc.
Your "entire house as a prayer room" argument is laughable btw. Anyone seeking an exemption from any tax has to show why they qualify for such, be it annuity statements, tourism investment. It is not dependent on emotion, or because you say/feel so.

Yes I have been, I have Hindu family.

The underlying question is why should it be exempt. Food and education are also fundamental human rights, but kitchens and studies (for the homes that do have studies) are still taxed.

Where is the line? Serious question, is not as if i just being obtuse for no reason.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » June 5th, 2018, 11:34 pm

WIN WIN WIN.....LOL

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 6th, 2018, 12:29 am

^^

Kamla 2020 redemption song ?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 6th, 2018, 12:43 am

ProtonPowder wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:

The underlying question is why should it be exempt. Food and education are also fundamental human rights, but kitchens and studies (for the homes that do have studies) are still taxed.

Where is the line? Serious question, is not as if i just being obtuse for no reason.
Proton power has no Hindu family, he is Indentied as a PNM and his opinion is flawed. He should be in Woodford square

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 6th, 2018, 12:49 am

Gladiator wrote:WIN WIN WIN.....LOL

"Protein Head" live and in person :D

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 6th, 2018, 1:02 am

ProtonPowder wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:

Being obtuse whether deliberate or not, is still being obtuse.
Kitchens and studies are part of the continuous structure of a house, and are not usually external to that house. A prayer room, is an outbuilding to a house, much like a storage shed, or greenhouse.

MarlonSam
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MarlonSam » June 6th, 2018, 1:58 am

memes really funny

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 6th, 2018, 2:29 am

zoom rader wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:

Proton power has no Hindu family, he is Indentied as a PNM and his opinion is flawed. He should be in Woodford square

Protein Head have no hindu family . Absolutely NONE :D

You cannot be hindu and say that a prayer room is just another building .

And food and education is NOT fundamental human rights (FHR) .

FHR are equality, right to life , security etc.

100% PNM yet growing at an exponential rate :roll:
Last edited by RedVEVO on June 6th, 2018, 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 6th, 2018, 4:47 am

the lil puja rooms are not a 'rentable' part of the house, or property. it cannot be used to 'generate an income' , it cannot be used as a way to 'store wealth'
the reason to have it, is more or less the same reason why public religious establishments are tax exempt.

is like, if u have a stoosh bathroom, or a simple one, u can adjust ur asking price to suit the value added. but nobody goin and say, well that is a realll nice puja room, so that means u gonna charge a high price for the property. u not going to buy the property cause it has a puja room to die for.

and, instead of installing a Jacuzzi, u decided to put a puja room...

just low.

the only reprieve is that the valuators look at the puja rooms, and say it not valid to be assessed as a separate structure.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 6th, 2018, 5:03 am

sMASH wrote:the lil puja rooms are not a 'rentable' part of the house, or property. it cannot be used to 'generate an income' , it cannot be used as a way to 'store wealth'
the reason to have it, is more or less the same reason why public religious establishments are tax exempt.

is like, if u have a stoosh bathroom, or a simple one, u can adjust ur asking price to suit the value added. but nobody goin and say, well that is a realll nice puja room, so that means u gonna charge a high price for the property. u not going to buy the property cause it has a puja room to die for.

just low.

the only reprieve is that the valuators look at the puja rooms, and say it not valid to be assessed as a separate structure.

They decided not to tax these rooms .. :roll:

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 6th, 2018, 5:03 am

proton head living in ah hdc development where he does hear when he neighbor making ah bool...them so paying $200 property tax ...if any at all

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 6th, 2018, 5:08 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:proton head living in ah hdc development where he does hear when he neighbor making ah bool...them so paying $200 property tax ...if any at all

$200 is much much too much .. He/she will argue .

Remember he/she does not eat breakfast :D

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » June 6th, 2018, 9:57 am

ProtonPowder wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:
zoom rader wrote:I read what imbert wrote, I think it was a staged PNM Public relation excersize .

We know that no one in beetham and laventille will get taxed and in the other PNM hot spots areas.

These valuations will be done by PNM ppl and mostly likely they will have an unspoken mandate to tax injuns higher

and the valuers
and the deputy COV
and the COV himself

Not really.

Yes
Are you now going to tell me that a licensed land and valuation surveyor is an uneducated fool?

I've known him a long time. Your point as to the ethnicity and educational status of the valuers does not really have bearing on the intent and ultimate purpose of the property tax from the perspective of the political machinations within balisier house.

On the surface, it seems perfectly reasonable, but there are too many vagaries in the Minister of Finance's pronouncements thus far without enough hard facts, data or transparency.

Some in this thread seem to suffer from an intense paranoia, however, people like myself who can look beyond the ketchup and mustard politics still require answers going forward without all the fluff. A whatsapp message to Rhoda Bharath is not information. This is just ole talk between a Minister and a party supporter.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 6th, 2018, 10:18 am

sMASH wrote:the lil puja rooms are not a 'rentable' part of the house, or property. it cannot be used to 'generate an income' , it cannot be used as a way to 'store wealth'

just low.

Clearly you have never met Sat Maharaj!

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 6th, 2018, 11:25 am

So, anyone know what is the official reason for the delays or refusals to initiate changes to bring about the much touted "needed local gov't reform" that would allow for regional corps to administer this property tax?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 6th, 2018, 11:34 am

crazybalhead wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:

and the valuers
and the deputy COV
and the COV himself

Not really.

Yes

I've known him a long time. Your point as to the ethnicity and educational status of the valuers does not really have bearing on the intent and ultimate purpose of the property tax from the perspective of the political machinations within balisier house.

On the surface, it seems perfectly reasonable, but there are too many vagaries in the Minister of Finance's pronouncements thus far without enough hard facts, data or transparency.

Some in this thread seem to suffer from an intense paranoia, however, people like myself who can look beyond the ketchup and mustard politics still require answers going forward without all the fluff. A whatsapp message to Rhoda Bharath is not information. This is just ole talk between a Minister and a party supporter.

Wait wait .. hold the Stag and hold the Hennessy .

You people listening to Rhoda Bharath ?

She is the MOST or " MOSTEST" bias person on 102.1 FM

She is "aunty" everything :roll:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 6th, 2018, 10:26 pm

88sins wrote:So, anyone know what is the official reason for the delays or refusals to initiate changes to bring about the much touted "needed local gov't reform" that would allow for regional corps to administer this property tax?

Harder for JUHN Scarfy and Co. to steal it.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » June 6th, 2018, 11:15 pm

Everyone is beating up about the new tax yet no one willing to address the root cause.

Inefficient and wasteful use of our tax dollars is the main cause. There is more than enough money collected via taxes to run 2 Trinidads but the money is not spent wisely.

Logic dictates to seal up a leaky bucket before utilizing it again. This governments response is to pour more water in it to offset the leaks.

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » June 6th, 2018, 11:19 pm

Gladiator wrote:WIN WIN WIN.....LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 7th, 2018, 5:23 am

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 7th, 2018, 5:38 am

De Dragon wrote:
88sins wrote:So, anyone know what is the official reason for the delays or refusals to initiate changes to bring about the much touted "needed local gov't reform" that would allow for regional corps to administer this property tax?

Harder for JUHN Scarfy and Co. to steal it.

i said d "official reason" dan, not d obvious reason :lol:

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 7th, 2018, 5:56 am

teems1 wrote:Everyone is beating up about the new tax yet no one willing to address the root cause.

Inefficient and wasteful use of our tax dollars is the main cause. There is more than enough money collected via taxes to run 2 Trinidads but the money is not spent wisely.

Logic dictates to seal up a leaky bucket before utilizing it again. This governments response is to pour more water in it to offset the leaks.

Yes :!: You got this SO correct :!:

Money to run 10 T&T but wanton waste in Gov't spending :D

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » June 7th, 2018, 6:51 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:http://newsday.co.tt/2018/06/07/pundits-talk-property-tax/

Proton head is not pleased

If the minister pandering he pandering.

Note the exemption will be given to places of public worship. Politicians' words are never to be taken at face value. Alyuh go rave and be happy over this announcement only to realise it really changes nothing. Your prayer room or external prayer structure is not public.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » June 7th, 2018, 7:32 am

Anytime prayer room becomes exempt I not paying any taxes. I’m catholic my entire house is my prayer room. But seriously all this beat up about this tax for what? Alluh look for that when you vote in pnm and if you didn’t vote them in then Alluh still look for that because to date the opposition hasn’t organized its riot

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”