there is going o be a mass international protest taking place on sunday 9.00am -11.00am, this was sent to me via email.........
To be clear on the message we at Supertrinis united are organising this rally. Please forward or explain to all ur friends to get on board.
Its time we got serious about this.
1) The main reason is to voice our rejection of the political landscape as it exists presently. To reject the notion that the performance of the govt and the two opposition parties are adequate and acceptable. The govt is not performing its functions satisfactorily and fails to understand its role in society or its responsibility to its citizens.
The opposition parties have also failed in their roles and responsibilities to society.
2) To offer ourselves as the facilitators to reconcile the two opposition parties. Our country needs unity, since we cannot function in a 3 party system, and the opposition's failure to recognize that and unite almost a full 2 years after the last election shows a failure of the leaders to appreciate that or how dire the situation for our citizens has become.
3) To show our rejection of the historical approach to politics in Trinbago. Our politics has been about personalities and never about policies. It is time to declare that our society needs to mature and start acting its age. Time for us to reject the well-worn tactics of divide and conquer, to show that we will no longer support the divisive politics, and the inability of leadership of the opposition parties to unite.
We hereby subscribe to the change in approach where the opposition supporters unite from the bottom up, since the old techniques of uniting the opposition leaders and their supporters follow is NOT working.
4) To show a united front with our countrymen around the world who have been driven from their homeland for various reasons. To show we reject the notion that the opinions of our sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers, our family who live abroad does not matter.
To show that we are united in our birthright as citizens of Trinidad & Tobago to aspire for something better for our country. We reject the idea that this path our nation is on...is the best we can achieve. To show we reject the notion put forward by the govt that trinis living abroad feel they are better than the locals, and that expats do not care about Trinbago except as a holiday spot at carnival time.
5) To send a clear message to the youth of our nation, the 60% of our population between the ages of 18 â€“ 35, that it is time to wake the sleeping giant. That it is time to accept responsibility for our destiny. That there is still hope, and there is still a chance for change. That we must not accept the mental conditioning, the brainwashing of a govt system over the last 45 yearsâ€¦that says you donâ€™t matter. That says that nothing you do will ever have an effect. That is the tactics of the status quoâ€¦.who want to mentally beat you into submissionâ€¦to make u give up before you even start. To show that we are stronger mentally than that, and we will not fall for their political games any more.
6) To make Trinbago realize that once you have the same inputsâ€¦you will have the same outputs. You cannot expect a different result for this country, if you keep putting in the same ingredients. It is not that they are not trying to change thingsâ€¦it is that they are incapable of changing things. It is beyond the ability of the leaders. We recognize that the current crop of leadership in this country are mismatched to the challenges this country faces in the 21st century. That they are employing tried and tested methods that worked to limited success in the past, but are no longer relevantâ€¦â€¦just like the leadership.
7) To show we recognize that this country needs to EVOLVE. To show we wonâ€™t implode and self destruct to the social ills that plague us, and that we are capable from learning from our mistakes and growing. We need to adapt or we will surely go the way of the dinosaurâ€¦and become extinct.
To make our society realize that as long as we are divided along lines of race, class, gender, sexual preference, age, residencyâ€¦as long as we keep focusing on our differences, and not on our similaritiesâ€¦.as long as we do not see that we are all connected, that the greater good can be served if we focus on doing what is best for the countryâ€¦instead of what is best for meâ€¦we will continue to head down this path of destruction the govt has painted for us.
9) To show the govt that we see thru their apparent attempts to mislead us with political rhetoric. That the 20/20 vision seems nothing more than a slogan. That the priorities of this govt seem not to be in the best welfare of ALL the people. That we need a leader who is open to fresh ideas and is sensitive. We need a leader who understands our own national anthemâ€¦â€