MF Panorama Ferry sale to Greece

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

MF Panorama Ferry sale to Greece

Postby desifemlove » October 9th, 2016, 11:15 pm

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20161009 ... norama8217

TABAQUITE Member of Parliament Suruj Rambachan is questioning the decision of the State to sell the MF Panorama, that once ferried people and cargo between Trinidad and Tobago, but which was sold by the State and now operates in Greece.
In a press statement, Rambachan asked: “How interesting that the MF Panorama which was so faulty is still ferrying people in Greece. This boat was sold for peanuts. We have always been a nation of suckers.”
The statement contained an Internet link to a site which details the status of the ship, and its operations in the Aegean Sea.
Prior to the 2010 general election, the People’s National Movement Government sold off the then-23-year-old vessel which was lying idle at the port in Port of Spain.
The vessel had been purchased under the National Alliance for Reconstruction government at $114 million in 1987 and was used to transport passengers and cargo to and from Trinidad and Tobago. The new owner is a Greek company.
The Greek company came to Trinidad in March 2010 with the intention of negotiating a sale. The selling price is unknown to date.
The vessel is operating as a passenger ship with routes along the Aegean Sea and operating out of ports such as Marmari and Rafina.

Didn't he have five years in office to check this?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Ferry sale to Greece

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 9th, 2016, 11:20 pm

Funny of Rambachan (The leader of the cabal) to call us a nation of suckers but then again he would know better than anyone since given his track record of paying 5 times the going rate to his friends to build box drains while he was never made to be accountable. He right we really are a nation of suckers.....

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » October 9th, 2016, 11:50 pm

but it don't change the fact that mv Panorama should have been converted to all-cargo operations between Tdad & tobago............

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » October 10th, 2016, 1:57 am

Is it still called the Panorama though..its bad luck to rename a boat.

edit** Is still is Image

i going an look for it next time Im out that part of the world

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » October 10th, 2016, 3:44 am

Politicians really half ass their jobs. What's the point of highlighting that it's still functional without researching the price it was sold for, repairs that were necessary, benefit of continued service etc. Get up, bray and pretend you care about the citizens or how their money is spent.
He may have a valid point but he didn't care to take the time to convince me.

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » October 10th, 2016, 6:28 am

"This boat was sold for peanuts."
"The selling price is unknown to date."

:|

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » October 10th, 2016, 7:35 am

^^LoL ent. Really don't understand his point...

uncle sam
punchin NOS

Postby uncle sam » October 10th, 2016, 8:03 am

she looking nice in the pic tho

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » October 10th, 2016, 11:12 am

silent_riot wrote:"This boat was sold for peanuts."
"The selling price is unknown to date."

:|

Also we don't know if the cost to maintain locally was equal to cost to maintain in Greece. They may have had better infrastructure to keep this ferry working well.

Of all the points PP can bring up, this is a silly and grasping at straws kinda attack.

Rambachan proves once again that he is politically useless.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 10th, 2016, 6:13 pm

http://www.guardian.co.tt/archives/news ... orama-sold

The boat, which was purchased in 1987 under the National Alliance for Reconstruction government at $114 million, now has a new owner—a Greek company, which has a crew on board repairing the vessel to take it back to Greece. In March, the company came to Trinidad to negotiate a sale price for the boat, which fell flat. Two weeks ago they returned and was able to seal the deal. However, the selling price of the boat is still a mystery.

So this article in the Guardian says that the MF Panorama sale was concluded in August 2010.(2 weeks prior to Aug 21 2010)

So Suruj is questioning a sale that was concluded by the UNC ???

1)The article says negotiations failed March 2010
2)Elections in May 2010
3)From the 25th May 2010 UNC was in power
4)Sale concluded August 2010.

what I missing?
Last edited by Redman on October 10th, 2016, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 10th, 2016, 6:14 pm

uncle sam wrote:she looking nice in the pic tho

Sadly when Trinis in control of something it tends to look mostly like sheit. Rambachan reaching with this one though. 2010? :?

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » October 10th, 2016, 8:04 pm

why is the selling price of the boat a mystery though? Is this an accepted practice that government assets can be bought and sold for undisclosed amounts?

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » October 10th, 2016, 8:30 pm

Government go, Government come, same Khaki pants.
Doh worry de man say. The price will come out soon enough.
While we at it, remember the MV SOU? Back to you Kamla ......
We could be bold enough to ask the Greek company, since they have nothing to hide or is it so?
WE could also ask the SWWTU, David Abdullah, Christine Sahadeo ..... Oh Hell ask everybody.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 11th, 2016, 3:20 pm

Redman wrote:http://www.guardian.co.tt/archives/news/general/2010/08/21/mf-panorama-sold

The boat, which was purchased in 1987 under the National Alliance for Reconstruction government at $114 million, now has a new owner—a Greek company, which has a crew on board repairing the vessel to take it back to Greece. In March, the company came to Trinidad to negotiate a sale price for the boat, which fell flat. Two weeks ago they returned and was able to seal the deal. However, the selling price of the boat is still a mystery.

So this article in the Guardian says that the MF Panorama sale was concluded in August 2010.(2 weeks prior to Aug 21 2010)

So Suruj is questioning a sale that was concluded by the UNC ???

1)The article says negotiations failed March 2010
2)Elections in May 2010
3)From the 25th May 2010 UNC was in power
4)Sale concluded August 2010.

what I missing?

This isn't Uncle Baldeo from Penal B13. A ferry, or any similar type asset's sale can take weeks, or months to negotiate, finance and complete. Probably the sale was negotiated under the PNM.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 11th, 2016, 3:26 pm

if it was Uncle Baldeo b 13, SIS was handling the transaction.

The point is that the UNC concluded the transaction....

O
P
V

Suruj talking sheeeit

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 11th, 2016, 3:33 pm

Redman wrote:if it was Uncle Baldeo b 13, SIS was handling the transaction.

The point is that the UNC concluded the transaction....

O
P
V

Suruj talking sheeeit

I actually loled at your SIS comment. I agree that Suruj rehashing old sheit, BUT, sometimes when a sale contract is at a certain point, it can be more costly to renege on it. That or a new Government cannot be expected to track down every single transaction when they just assume office. Look how Scarfy, Garcia and Al-Rawi try to trap and pass Las Alturas when clearly the timeline shows otherwise.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 11th, 2016, 3:46 pm

I thought you would be happy that the UNC actually concluded a transaction that benefited the people with NET positive..Revenue

if that is true-prolly the last time .

nothing completed since

:D

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 11th, 2016, 4:04 pm

Why would Germans purchase that old beat down boat?....
That's the part I don't understand

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 11th, 2016, 4:12 pm

Redman wrote:I thought you would be happy that the UNC actually concluded a transaction that benefited the people with NET positive..Revenue

if that is true-prolly the last time .

nothing completed since

:D

Oh, you has jokes? The PNM also seems well on their way to nothingness :lol:

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 11th, 2016, 4:23 pm

its just that the evidence shows that 2010 -2015 the projects started by the UNC were not completed AND the country left out of pocket.
2015-20 will be interesting

either way its us they stealing from.

If its difficult to grasp- Ebeam is excellent at splaining henglish.

that contract went through 3 iterations-12-22 -34 M to teach English and math in a program that Griffith said was originally priced at4M a year...
Lifesport was hundreds of millions...

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 9th, 2019, 10:53 pm

The MF Panorama sails in Greece. She is a beautiful ship. She was built to transport passengers and goods between Trinidad and Tobago. Sadly neglected by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago she was eventually sold for the value of scrap metal. It cost TT$ 114 million to build her. I managed to get the sale price by means of a Freedom of Information request. The small, private company that owns her today takes great care of her. I went aboard her. Come, have a look.

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » April 10th, 2019, 12:23 am

^^ Trinis doh deserve anything they have... Trinis value nothing!

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wickedtuna » April 10th, 2019, 12:50 am

Dis just like all dem Ole ptsc bus it ain't "good" no more but it level on the road every weekend with hard pung to boot ....so another man's garbage eh

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 10th, 2019, 5:16 am

The govt recipe way to do a bobol is to identify a need and justify it at all costs
the inter island ferry turned into that over the last 20 years

the modus operandi by both govts has been the same
- make sure the boat(s) are no longer suitable
- have them breakdown and make the ppl suffer
- buy more expensive new boat(s) and make everybody happy
- get rid of the old as fast as possible to erase the memory
- repeat

We can be sure somebody will buy the T&T Spirit which is supposedly deemed for scrap
and it will be running again by somebody else just like new.

Luckily with airlines it not so easy to do this due the the sheer costs involved and the strict airline safety rules

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 10th, 2019, 6:57 am

Zetski wrote:^^ Trinis doh deserve anything they have... Trinis value nothing!
That's PNM ppl thinking bro

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 10th, 2019, 7:24 am

Zetski wrote:^^ Trini Government PEOPLE doh deserve anything they have... Trinis value nothing!

Please check yourself... its the powers and the authorities that be that cannot even maintain a fking toilet bowl.... its beyond ther comprehension................. :roll:

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 10th, 2019, 7:36 am

Ben_spanna wrote:
Zetski wrote:^^ Trini Government PEOPLE doh deserve anything they have... Trinis value nothing!

Please check yourself... its the powers and the authorities that be that cannot even maintain a fking toilet bowl.... its beyond ther comprehension................. :roll:

show me the last time you see any politician, board member, or management in any regime in this country past or current holding any tool & working on repairing or maintaining anything whatsoever
Not saying they blameless, because they are. But one of the issues is too many Trini state employees tend to have this mentality of go to work, skiffle thru the day & do nothing, go home, & wait for pay.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 10th, 2019, 8:19 am

88sins wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:

show me the last time you see any politician, board member, or management in any regime in this country past or current holding any tool & working on repairing or maintaining anything whatsoever
Not saying they blameless, because they are. But one of the issues is too many Trini state employees tend to have this mentality of go to work, skiffle thru the day & do nothing, go home, & wait for pay.

And who or what body allows such atrocities to happen??? Duke and his band of merry a22holes amd the PSA- the protection that the PSA members are given is riduculous- it should be open to performance or dismissal.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » April 10th, 2019, 8:49 am

Ben_spanna wrote:
88sins wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:

And who or what body allows such atrocities to happen??? Duke and his band of merry a22holes amd the PSA- the protection that the PSA members are given is riduculous- it should be open to performance or dismissal.

Now now, Ben. You and 88's arguments have merits.
I agree that in many instances the union is sicced on managers in defense of terrible employees and work ethics, but they are also providing much needed representation to workers being taken advantage of.
88 is right: maintenance and upkeep is in a sorry state. There are instances where new items experience a failure fixable by a cheap part, but the process to solve the problem basically ends up as finger pointing all the way up the org structure until it stops at a politician. It is a wasteful way of doing things and the only thing a vigilant employee can do is be hyper cautious using company equipment, hoping nothing goes wrong with it.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 10th, 2019, 12:16 pm

boi doh get me started on dat PSA Wutless Puke. Basically, ALL unions here is kaka.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”