this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Taken for a wrecker ride

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 18th, 2016, 12:38 am

see vid here

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20161017 ... ecker-ride

A MAN who refused to leave his wrecked vehicle sat on the bonnet yesterday while the police wrecker towed it to the impound yard at Sea Lots.

The incident was captured on a cellphone camera yesterday morning by someone driving alongside the wrecker, near the lighthouse on Beetham Highway, with the man sitting casually on the wrecked vehicle, with his feet on the towing mechanism.

The man, arms folded, is seen gesticulating to the person who captured the video.

It appears that the wrecker was taking the man's vehicle to the Police Service Traffic Branch location at Sea Lots.

A police officer is usually with the wrecker driver during the ticketing and towing process.

However, a sergeant who works at the Traffic Branch said it was wrong for the wrecker to move off with the driver sitting on the wrecked vehicle. The officer said the driver should have been detained and charged with obstruction and he should have been taken to the nearest police station and not be allowed to remain on his vehicle unsecured.

Police Service public information officer ASP Michael Pierre said: “Having looked at the video, best practices were not adhered to and we will definitely be looking further into the matter.”

TV6's Kejan Haynes spoke with the man identified in the video, Jared Edwards, who said the incident began on South Quay, Port of Spain.

Edwards said his vehicle was parked along the roadway and he was outside the car talking to a friend when the police wrecker arrived.

He said a female police officer exited the wrecker and when he realised what was about to take place, he identified himself as the owner of the vehicle.

“I see them backing up to my vehicle...I say I'm the owner of the vehicle...I'm right here. I'm looking to move. The police jump out. It was a woman. She jumped out and say 'You's the owner?' I say yes. She say 'wreck him'. I say what? I'm right here!” Edwards said.

He said he then jumped in his car and attempted to reverse, but the wrecker moved in on him.

That's when Edwards said he exited the car and ran to the front of the wrecker to stop them.

Once again, they tried to drive off with his car.

“They drive off on me because I was in between the wrecker and my vehicle. When they try to drive off now they nearly bounce me down. I get trapped in between the two vehicles...meh foot nearly break so I end up jumping up on my vehicle to hold on and them continue driving, and I keep on bawling stop and they eh wanna hear me,” Edwards said.

He also accused the officers of taking his picture while driving.

They drove him straight to Traffic Branch in Sea Lots. He said he asked to talk to a senior officer but they told him he'd still have to pay $500 to release the vehicle.

Despite his protests, he claimed he was simply told to have a nice day and the officer drove off

Advertisement
Seeker
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Taken for a wrecker ride

Postby Seeker » October 18th, 2016, 8:41 am

Just another day in this bloody country smh

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » October 18th, 2016, 8:57 am

f<> cking ignorance of the wrecker drivers AND police accompanying them, The police is SUPPOSED to look for the owner before attempting to wreck it, but as usual, ignorance and making their daily cut is more important that upholding the law PROPERLY.

daas
Shifting into 6th

Postby daas » October 18th, 2016, 9:03 am

An unstoppable force meets an immovable object... or basically two dimwits. Three if you count the mindless tow driver.

Officer could have proven he was the bigger man but this is what happens when 3-5 O'Levels is the minimum requirement to become a police officer. No common sense.

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » October 18th, 2016, 9:08 am

Why is this news.Their are more important things to worry about!

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » October 18th, 2016, 9:53 am

This is undeniable proof that the driver was present while his vehicle was being towed. Though I have no love for people who park where they should not, this is definitely gross misconduct by the police/ Wrecker.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » October 18th, 2016, 10:18 am

The treasury empty.

We need da monay.

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby K74T » October 18th, 2016, 10:34 am

TurboSingh12 wrote:Why is this news.Their are more important things to worry about!

I agree, like your detrimental use of the English Language.

mark2.0
Riding on 17's

Postby mark2.0 » October 18th, 2016, 10:43 am

Only traffic laws they feel strong and most times wrong to impose... Murder more than days but no effort or clue on what to do.

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » October 18th, 2016, 11:39 am

even though he may be technically right to protest his car removal : what he did after is not a smart move to risk his life

what if d wrecker had hit a pothole or bump in d road & he end up under his own car & other cars behind finished him off , then his family will sue d state

police in d wrecker man not suppose to allow him to do that in d 1st place .... :|

buckredan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby buckredan » October 18th, 2016, 8:24 pm

in B.T.T. alexander say once the owner of the vehicle is present when the officer ask the vehicle should not be wreck but the officer can issue a ticket for illegally park.

megadoc1
punchin NOS

Postby megadoc1 » October 18th, 2016, 8:35 pm

that video is best explaining the desperation of these wrecker workers and officers in port of spain

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » October 18th, 2016, 8:47 pm

I think alexander not totally correct, I read somewhere in the act,
it is only if the vehicle has not been attached/hoisted they are supposed to not wreck and let you go or issue a ticket

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » October 18th, 2016, 9:05 pm

Do we really need the money? Or the person being wrecked needs the money?
Was wrecked on Ramsaran Street for parking, even though there was no sign as is required by the Legal Notice. No problem. paid my $500.00.

Big problem is the police, Dim witted mayor Doodhan, the CEO and others who cannot enforce the law on the unbridled parking on the street now. Where are the NO PARKING SIGNS? Will kick up a fuss soon ..........

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby K74T » October 18th, 2016, 9:13 pm

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » October 18th, 2016, 9:19 pm

what the guy did was not safe and rather idiotic but I think he opened the can of worms

now even the police union saying them fellas "eating ah food", first time any union badtalk they own

for too long them wreckers operating like bandit

my mom car once got wrecked because the front wheel was about 4" on the pavement by the driveway part of pavement in front OUR property
in woodbrook

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » October 18th, 2016, 9:32 pm

pugboy wrote:my mom car once got wrecked because the front wheel was about 4" on the pavement by the driveway part of pavement in front OUR property
in woodbrook

The hell!

baigan
Riding on 16's

Postby baigan » October 18th, 2016, 9:43 pm

shogun wrote:
pugboy wrote:my mom car once got wrecked because the front wheel was about 4" on the pavement by the driveway part of pavement in front OUR property
in woodbrook

The hell!

Weyyyyy

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » October 18th, 2016, 9:48 pm

So it could be hooked up but once it eh move? BWD.....

The officers does say once it hook up or being hooked up that can't release it. That media release says otherwise...

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 19th, 2016, 12:49 am

So the law states once the owner is present the car must be released......this is d law.........

The police and wrecker never abide by this law.....wtf.....is this not clear for them to.understand.....

That officer should be fired and the wrecker....if it is an independent contractor should lose that contract.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » October 19th, 2016, 6:02 am

Wrecking in pos is a big bizness everybody does hada get a cut

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » October 19th, 2016, 6:37 am

keep a copy of that description of the law on your phone to show the cops next time
might still get a ticket though if you come across one who could read and write

mark2.0
Riding on 17's

Postby mark2.0 » October 19th, 2016, 7:19 am

Rite now my name would've change to SUEzie!

megadoc1
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: Taken for a wrecker ride

Postby megadoc1 » October 19th, 2016, 7:47 am

SR wrote:Wrecking in pos is a big bizness everybody does hada get a cut

The only cure to this is to have the corporation buy their own wreckers and have the police call them to remove vehicles. But as it stands where they are the ones wrecking and collecting money, corruption sets in and this incident tells their true state

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 19th, 2016, 7:52 am

Sadly the cure for this is court.

People need to go to the courts...make TTPS pay and let them feel the consequences of improper application of their powers.

Sadder still is the biggest deterrent to this IS the courts themselves.

Phone Surgeon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Phone Surgeon » October 19th, 2016, 7:55 am

How much is the ticker for illegal parking tho? More than $500?

MaxPower
punchin NOS

Postby MaxPower » October 19th, 2016, 7:59 am

Who cares

megadoc1
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: Taken for a wrecker ride

Postby megadoc1 » October 19th, 2016, 8:32 am

Redman wrote:Sadly the cure for this is court.

People need to go to the courts...make TTPS pay and let them feel the consequences of improper application of their powers.

Sadder still is the biggest deterrent to this IS the courts themselves.

This is true but lots of people. Who have been wronged don't want to do so ,they think they will have to spend too much for $500 but like they never hear about costs. Anyways the officers know people not going the distance and now it's caused a runway situation. Thank God for that video. I have been wrecked two time in the last two months and I was legally parked so I am taking them to court I was parked 38 feet from a corner and came back to find my car gone the receipt says I was parked within 9 meters (29.6 feet) from the corner. They took pics of the front of my car even tho the corner was to the back of me , This is how dishonest these officers have become or has always been who knows

Does this look like less than nine meters?

HiImage

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » October 20th, 2016, 5:34 pm

RBphoto wrote:This is undeniable proof that the driver was present while his vehicle was being towed. Though I have no love for people who park where they should not, this is definitely gross misconduct by the police/ Wrecker.

Misconduct..illiteracy..uncompassion..tusty..just a few words to describe the TTPS..I mean crime is crime eh, but if they were 0.001% as efficient at solving murder investigations where the killer's faces are CLEARLY seen on a CCTV image or finding kidnapping victims as they are at wrecking vehicles or issuing speeding tickets, our murder rate would dwindle..after this situation and the one with the husband and pregnant wife being charged on the PBR, can someone PLEASE post instances where the TTPS excelled or made the public proud, because there are good officers eh, but their deeds are asphyxiated by the vacuous actions of their colleagues..let's restore faith in the TTPS!! *insert hearty laugh here*

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » October 20th, 2016, 6:56 pm

TurboSingh12 wrote:Why is this news.Their are more important things to worry about!

Like the case of the missing steering wheel :|

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”