TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Is the Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing???

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Which party or person has effectively put a dent on the crime situation??

P.N.M.
1
1%
P.P. or U.N.C.
23
26%
Ian Alleyne
14
16%
Inspector Alexander (Former Beyond Tape host)
3
3%
Jack Warner(Former Minister of National Security)
9
10%
Edmond Dillon
0
No votes
Dwayne Gibbs
5
6%
Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago?
1
1%
None( As requested)
32
36%
 
Total votes: 88

unruly_trinidad
Ricer
Posts: 21
Joined: January 20th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Is the Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing???

Postby unruly_trinidad » January 20th, 2017, 12:24 pm

Is the crime situation in trinidad is over the limit and nobody is doing anything ???????? 50 murders and counting for January alone nah ....16 yr old killed without no justice r.i.p. .....bank worker killed...............?????????? Can you blame this current party or the previous party???
Couva doubles man killed r.i.p. if u see how his wife crying..?? Among other familes
Trinidad we need to wake up..WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING NOW
Doh talk bout if trump send back those Trinidadians....hmmmm
What will happen to job situation eh?
Children missing?
Wb ria...? Anybody know where she is? Wb her two children??
Last edited by unruly_trinidad on January 31st, 2017, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement
User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10949
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby Dizzy28 » January 20th, 2017, 12:29 pm

An option is missing
None of the above!!

User avatar
EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8911
Joined: April 1st, 2010, 3:17 pm

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 20th, 2017, 12:31 pm

No I would not say the crime situation is over any limit, crime is somewhat high yes I agree but it has always been this way.

Most of these murders are gang related you live by the sword you die by the sword, it has nothing to do with Dr Rowley.

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10949
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby Dizzy28 » January 20th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Remember when under Panday murders was less than 100??

User avatar
cherrypopper
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1880
Joined: October 8th, 2008, 3:32 pm

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby cherrypopper » January 20th, 2017, 12:36 pm

Aye op is kamla fault bai

User avatar
EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8911
Joined: April 1st, 2010, 3:17 pm

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 20th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Remember when under Panday murders was less than 100??


Different times, those days you could hang people, today you hang anybody the UN would come down on you for human rights abuse etc and could end up causing us more harm than good. Dr Rowley has a much harder time than Pandey ever did, besides the opposition will not support him in changing the constitution so I say give the good doctor a free pass on this crime problem its not his problem.

User avatar
uncle sam
punchin NOS
Posts: 3017
Joined: December 12th, 2006, 12:44 pm
Location: port of spain

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby uncle sam » January 20th, 2017, 12:39 pm

None...

User avatar
Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7733
Joined: September 15th, 2011, 12:32 am

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 20th, 2017, 12:41 pm

You joking with them two options. Add a third - none of the above.

User avatar
mero
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5279
Joined: September 29th, 2008, 6:16 pm
Location: The Life of Pablo

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby mero » January 20th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Allyuh feel is only Venezuelan woman looking for duppy man pouring in?

User avatar
ADONI
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2397
Joined: March 17th, 2008, 1:55 pm
Location: Next Door
Contact:

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby ADONI » January 20th, 2017, 1:42 pm

None of the above missing.

Daran
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1989
Joined: May 13th, 2012, 1:39 pm

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby Daran » January 20th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Jeez ED if really think Capital Punishment had any role to play in the lower murder rate under UNC then you're a bigger idiot than I thought.
Last edited by Daran on January 20th, 2017, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
VII
punchin NOS
Posts: 2742
Joined: July 29th, 2003, 9:44 pm
Location: maraval
Contact:

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby VII » January 20th, 2017, 2:48 pm

In a society where everything has a price, life has no value, may sound stupid but bring more litterers and other petty offenders before the courts and things will change, that coupled with draconian gun ,gang,trafficking laws with no bail and possibly life etc,electronic perp monitoring of those on bail,ex-cons etc,parole boards,reintegration programs etc..Ny and Miami did it and they were worse than this in their heydays,you coulda get sprayed down in the best malls at the height of the narco wars.

Wouldn't even cost a billion,how much did colour me orange cost,life sport etc? What was the Nat Sec budget for last year btw??

User avatar
lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 359
Joined: January 24th, 2013, 7:40 pm

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby lalloboy101 » January 20th, 2017, 3:02 pm

Neither party has made a dent. Crime isn't a problem that can be solved like say flooding etc. Its people killing people, People that are fully conscious of knowingly doing wrong, no police or party can stop that. Strong deterrents would help, but it has always be a social issue. At the end of the day just bear in mind, that there's money to be made in misery. So with this mindset it will continue.

User avatar
Miktay
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1966
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:13 am

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby Miktay » January 20th, 2017, 3:02 pm

VII wrote:In a society where everything has a price life has no value,may sound stupid but bring more litterers and other petty offenders before the courts and things will change,that coupled with draconian gun ,gang,trafficking laws with no bail and possibly life etc,electronic perp monitoring of those on bail,ex-cons etc,parole boards,reintegration programs etc..Ny and Miami did it and they were worse than this in their heydays,you coulda get sprayed down in the best malls at the height of the narco wars.

Wouldn't even cost a billion,how much did colour me orange cost,life sport etc? What was the Nat Sec budget for last year btw??


Which country u talking bout? Cant be T&T.

User avatar
VII
punchin NOS
Posts: 2742
Joined: July 29th, 2003, 9:44 pm
Location: maraval
Contact:

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby VII » January 20th, 2017, 3:33 pm

Miktay wrote:
VII wrote:In a society where everything has a price life has no value,may sound stupid but bring more litterers and other petty offenders before the courts and things will change,that coupled with draconian gun ,gang,trafficking laws with no bail and possibly life etc,electronic perp monitoring of those on bail,ex-cons etc,parole boards,reintegration programs etc..Ny and Miami did it and they were worse than this in their heydays,you coulda get sprayed down in the best malls at the height of the narco wars.

Wouldn't even cost a billion,how much did colour me orange cost,life sport etc? What was the Nat Sec budget for last year btw??


Which country u talking bout? Cant be T&T.


Well it's T&T as we know it now without those features..

You can't catch murderers jail illegal firearm possessors for life with the possibility of parole once you show us you've changed and willing to reintegrate.....

User avatar
Miktay
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1966
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:13 am

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby Miktay » January 20th, 2017, 4:04 pm

VII wrote:
Miktay wrote:
VII wrote:In a society where everything has a price life has no value,may sound stupid but bring more litterers and other petty offenders before the courts and things will change,that coupled with draconian gun ,gang,trafficking laws with no bail and possibly life etc,electronic perp monitoring of those on bail,ex-cons etc,parole boards,reintegration programs etc..Ny and Miami did it and they were worse than this in their heydays,you coulda get sprayed down in the best malls at the height of the narco wars.

Wouldn't even cost a billion,how much did colour me orange cost,life sport etc? What was the Nat Sec budget for last year btw??


Which country u talking bout? Cant be T&T.


Well it's T&T as we know it now without those features..

You can't catch murderers jail illegal firearm possessors for life with the possibility of parole once you show us you've changed and willing to reintegrate.....


OK. So assumingTTPS can catch a majority of these offenders....and thats a major assumption...

How long will it take these cases to matriculate thru the court system?

Where will they keep alleged offenders while they are awaiting trial?

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 24445
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 20th, 2017, 4:45 pm

Bandit killing bandit...me know wam to allyuh...

User avatar
VII
punchin NOS
Posts: 2742
Joined: July 29th, 2003, 9:44 pm
Location: maraval
Contact:

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby VII » January 20th, 2017, 4:46 pm

Miktay wrote:
VII wrote:
Miktay wrote:
VII wrote:In a society where everything has a price life has no value,may sound stupid but bring more litterers and other petty offenders before the courts and things will change,that coupled with draconian gun ,gang,trafficking laws with no bail and possibly life etc,electronic perp monitoring of those on bail,ex-cons etc,parole boards,reintegration programs etc..Ny and Miami did it and they were worse than this in their heydays,you coulda get sprayed down in the best malls at the height of the narco wars.

Wouldn't even cost a billion,how much did colour me orange cost,life sport etc? What was the Nat Sec budget for last year btw??


Which country u talking bout? Cant be T&T.


Well it's T&T as we know it now without those features..

You can't catch murderers jail illegal firearm possessors for life with the possibility of parole once you show us you've changed and willing to reintegrate.....


OK. So assumingTTPS can catch a majority of these offenders....and thats a major assumption...

How long will it take these cases to matriculate thru the court system?

Where will they keep alleged offenders while they are awaiting trial?


I just didn't mention the judiciary but yes of course it needs a serious overhaul,they too are responsible and seem only happy to fine or impose light sentences on offenders who appear before a court and swear that they sorry etc...they treating it as a 9-5 literally,..at least maximum for firearms in these times where firearms are the main tool in nasty disgusting murder in our lovely unique country...at least while laws are being drafted and implemented!!

Trinis don't know how sweet dis place really is..a natural wonder is T&T flora fauna and humanity (like in Bansai's thread) are some of the most concentrated and diverse on the planet..
Last edited by VII on January 20th, 2017, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MaxPower
punchin NOS
Posts: 4228
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby MaxPower » January 20th, 2017, 5:08 pm

unruly_trinidad wrote:the crime situation in trinidad is over the limit and nobody is doing nothing ???????? 30 murders and counting for January alone nah....16 yr old killed without no justice.....bank worker killed...............?????????? Can you blame this current party or the previous party???


Opes,

What carnival fetes u hitting bro?

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 24445
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 20th, 2017, 5:12 pm

The amount of "crime outa hand ched" it have and the situation remains the same...no politician has the balls to grab the bull by the horns so we have to live with what going on now.

User avatar
VII
punchin NOS
Posts: 2742
Joined: July 29th, 2003, 9:44 pm
Location: maraval
Contact:

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby VII » January 20th, 2017, 5:30 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Bandit killing bandit...me know wam to allyuh...


Yeah that's a kinda consolation but our image internationally is being affected especially in these times where we seek diversification...of course you and I know once we abide with basic precautions and stay out certain war zones we should be ok,but who woulda thought Maracas St.Joseph,it's so nice to drive up there man,but now you gotta think 10 times! We need leader with balls,but all of them seem afraid to do what they have to do,if you think it's bad now imagine a couple vigilantes,our rates would double despite the fact that it would be scum getting killed,but then killing is very contagious,killing is a real option in T&T,and that alone keeps many people at bay,many people thrive and survive in the chaos..

But it's damn sickening and painful now..

User avatar
VII
punchin NOS
Posts: 2742
Joined: July 29th, 2003, 9:44 pm
Location: maraval
Contact:

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby VII » January 20th, 2017, 5:38 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:The amount of "crime outa hand ched" it have and the situation remains the same...no politician has the balls to grab the bull by the horns so we have to live with what going on now.


Correct.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12699
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby pugboy » January 20th, 2017, 6:12 pm

too many toes will be stepped on by any authority taking a 100% zero tolerance stance

VII wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:The amount of "crime outa hand ched" it have and the situation remains the same...no politician has the balls to grab the bull by the horns so we have to live with what going on now.


Correct.

User avatar
tourniquet
punchin NOS
Posts: 3346
Joined: May 10th, 2005, 2:23 pm

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby tourniquet » January 20th, 2017, 8:39 pm

Sure this government has a plan though

Sundar
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1354
Joined: July 5th, 2012, 12:33 pm
Location: Rock Road
Contact:

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby Sundar » January 20th, 2017, 10:36 pm

Pray

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6752
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby DVSTT » January 20th, 2017, 10:46 pm

CoP will save us.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12818
Joined: May 22nd, 2010, 8:11 pm

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby S_2NR » January 20th, 2017, 11:10 pm

It will never change. Crime is big business in Trinidad.

User avatar
hong kong phooey
punchin NOS
Posts: 2942
Joined: July 10th, 2006, 8:37 am
Location: ah lorse

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby hong kong phooey » January 21st, 2017, 1:50 am

pugboy wrote:too many toes will be stepped on by any authority taking a 100% zero tolerance stance

VII wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:The amount of "crime outa hand ched" it have and the situation remains the same...no politician has the balls to grab the bull by the horns so we have to live with what going on now.


Correct.
the problem is politicians have to follow the party line, they cannot do what is right.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13633
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby sMASH » January 21st, 2017, 6:01 am

seriously, neither party have done anything unique or inventive to curb crime. just like infrastructural development, what has happened is just crude adoption of contemporary technology.
it comes like this, they build box drains, pave roads, repair bridges. these are things that are par the course for being in government. any improvements in the policing, or national security weren't really, an imaginative leap of improvement. they change the police patterns, bring in new vehicles, adopt IT into the system... all those things are what would have happened any way.


nothing that has happened is unique to any party that would not have happened if the other was in charge.

except if jack was there... if he was still there, he would have made some memorable changes eventually.


fleck, if i get the position to run national security, and a big budget, i have some ideas to try out.

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 759
Joined: January 20th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby boxy » January 21st, 2017, 6:23 am

Politicians have brainwashed the nation into thinking its the current govt responsibility for crime. Crime is a social issue not political. The most that can be done is provide the resources to the protective services which had been happening for the past 20years as they receive the biggest chunk of the national budget. Where is the results from This? The people who utilize the most state of the art equipment to combat crime. Both party lines are responsible for politicizing crime.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 61 guests