TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

....and so little boys and girls..Kamla wrote Trump a letter...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: ....and so little boys and girls..Kamla wrote Trump a letter...

Postby rspann » January 26th, 2017, 3:09 pm

RBphoto wrote:Um.... aren't the banks already complying with FACTA even if nothing has gone through parliament?

More like Central Bank and FIU.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » January 26th, 2017, 3:21 pm

key issue is private individuals and firms...

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » January 26th, 2017, 4:10 pm

......while the drug lords still banking normal.

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » January 26th, 2017, 4:19 pm

Thank god corruption will be eradicated after this bill is passed. .

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » January 26th, 2017, 4:25 pm

Why do people feel the politicians bank their ill gotten gains in the US? That might be one of the worst jurisdictions to bank. There are many other places and ways to hide dirty money.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » January 26th, 2017, 10:58 pm

why does kamla even think for a second trump gives a sheit about her?

this is pointless

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 27th, 2017, 4:06 am

88sins wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Desperation has no limits...things people would do to safeguard money they thief

:lol: :lol:

What I find hilarious tho, this useless rum-soaked parasite doesn't have a clue how to see to the needs of hard working Trinbagonians, yet still have the ball bearings to tell Trump to repeal a U.S. originating law, because it infringes upon the U.S. rights of U.S. citizens that keep their finances outside the U.S.

Kamla need to stick to what she good at, specifically getting drunk & being useless

HAHA well said :lol:

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » January 27th, 2017, 6:31 pm

only woman Trump is watching now is Mrs. May...no small-time, no name Opp. Leader/former PM in a small country he doh need to care about:

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » January 27th, 2017, 7:43 pm

Local Banks are asking persons to fill out FACTA forms for some transactions .My bankers told me that some in Parliament were pussyfooting on the issue, the IRS is no joke . After filling out the form myself one wonders what is the fuss about.

The form asks three questions ,
Ownership of a US address excluding skybox,
Length of stay over 8 months ,
Holder of a green card .

Answer yes to any one of these questions and FACTA is for you .

I have to believe former Ambassador Estrada when comments attributed to him , were on the order of any one from TnT that is against FACTA has cocoa in the sun.

Speculation that Trump or any of his advisors would even get wind of that letter is ....... well think of it Trump was here before but his early polices are full on protectionism , if a response comes it may be well after the impending deadline . Republic Bank has noted that there is no way around it.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 28th, 2017, 6:47 pm

And Trump's response: Haul yuh so and so.

Pass the law and send me the reports by September 2017.

(Providing we do not become a banned country in the next 3 months)

Why would the USA overturn a revenue generating law?

Kamla think is T&T she dealing with orrr?

Doh say I did not tell allyuh first.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 30th, 2017, 12:47 pm

cornfused wrote:Local Banks are asking persons to fill out FACTA forms for some transactions .My bankers told me that some in Parliament were pussyfooting on the issue, the IRS is no joke . After filling out the form myself one wonders what is the fuss about.

Holder of a green card .

I have to believe former Ambassador Estrada when comments attributed to him , were on the order of any one from TnT that is against FACTA has cocoa in the sun.

Speculation that Trump or any of his advisors would even get wind of that letter is ....... well think of it Trump was here before but his early polices are full on protectionism , if a response comes it may be well after the impending deadline . Republic Bank has noted that there is no way around it.

Estrada, like several past ambassadors should know when to STFU, and stop meddling in a SOVEREIGN nation's affairs. This is why the US is hated by so many countries. This Bill will pass, but both the Opposition AND the PNM will wring all available political mileage out of it.

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » January 31st, 2017, 8:41 pm

FACTA Lead Deloitte addressed the Bankers Association today . To change FACTA would require an act of Congress , at this time and in the foreseeable future not change indicated. Local banks accept FACTA and note the September 2017 deadline.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » January 31st, 2017, 11:22 pm

De Dragon wrote:
cornfused wrote:Local Banks are asking persons to fill out FACTA forms for some transactions .My bankers told me that some in Parliament were pussyfooting on the issue, the IRS is no joke . After filling out the form myself one wonders what is the fuss about.

Holder of a green card .

Estrada, like several past ambassadors should know when to STFU, and stop meddling in a SOVEREIGN nation's affairs. This is why the US is hated by so many countries. This Bill will pass, but both the Opposition AND the PNM will wring all available political mileage out of it.

Even if the answer is no, some jackass called the Competent Authority in the Bill can make your financial records available to the IRS. I need to know my Privacy is protected, especially when an Attorney General can state that We have no right to privacy.

One of the reason it was being alleged at the time the US invaded Iraq was Saddam's leading a change away from the US dollar. Where are the Weapons of mass destruction? There are other Countries/Currencies that Trinidad can trade with.

Continue to be in love with America at your own detriment. Remember Uncle Obama apologising for invading Libya?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 1st, 2017, 12:32 pm

dude2014 wrote: There are other Countries/Currencies that Trinidad can trade with.

The USA invaded Libya and Iraq because Gaddaffi and Saddam wanted to create alternative currencies to the $US.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 1st, 2017, 12:41 pm

The US will have to invade China,Russia,Iran and India-they are well on the way to establishing commodity exchanges that dont require USD and are based on their own pricing mechanisms and data...enabling them to trade directly within their own currencies and settle these trades in their currency or physically

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » February 1st, 2017, 12:51 pm

All this alternative currency speculation to USD global reserve/trading currency status...yawn

Somebody wake me when Saudi oil and gold are not traded in USD

gt4tified
punchin NOS

....and so little boys and girls..Kamla wrote Trump a letter...

Postby gt4tified » February 2nd, 2017, 3:34 am

My guess is that 90% of gum bumpers in here have no idea what FATCA is about and what are the exact issues happening in Parliament concerning FATCA (on both sides).

Anyway, I'll just leave this here...hope at least the OP gets the time to read it:
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/317 ... r-heard-of

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » February 2nd, 2017, 9:05 pm

Well we might be surprised. Since Donald is a known ladies man he may remember coming to Trinidad and may actually do something about FATCA. Remember Mark Zuckerburg co founder of Facebook renounced his US citizenship because of FATCA and took his money elsewhere. he may also remember a little named Uma who gave Evander a little lap dance, or so they say ..........

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » February 5th, 2017, 10:49 am

...and for those who think that that is some arbitrary unheard of blog...how 'bout one from the Wall Street Journal. Not sure if ppl here ever heard about that one.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/taming-irs ... 1486166764

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » February 5th, 2017, 12:54 pm

This woman is an embarrassment to our country yes! We really need to understand how to mind our own business. IMHO, the USA has every right to legally do what they see necessary to better their country. Our decision must be whether we will comply or suffer the consequences. If Kamla really wanted to do something meaningful, she would have done so when she was prime minister and had an opportunity to unite with other countries against compliance.
Those articles are nothing more than an attempt to capture readers, especially those who are critical of every decision Trump has made or will make.... And this is no small reader base.
This reminds of Braveheart when the king threw his son's friend out the window after he offered the king advice.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 5th, 2017, 1:24 pm

airuma wrote:This woman is an embarrassment to our country yes! We really need to understand how to mind our own business. IMHO, the USA has every right to legally do what they see necessary to better their country. Our decision must be whether we will comply or suffer the consequences. If Kamla really wanted to do something meaningful, she would have done so when she was prime minister and had an opportunity to unite with other countries against compliance.
Those articles are nothing more than an attempt to capture readers, especially those who are critical of every decision Trump has made or will make.... And this is no small reader base.
This reminds of Braveheart when the king threw his son's friend out the window after he offered the king advice.

Yes, if the US says let us drink drainwater, let's, because they always act in the best interest of the Caribbean :roll:

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 5th, 2017, 3:49 pm

gt4tified wrote:...and for those who think that that is some arbitrary unheard of blog...how 'bout one from the Wall Street Journal. Not sure if ppl here ever heard about that one.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/taming-irs ... 1486166764

Let me paste the whole article... Kamla looking good:

Taming IRS Imperialism

In the tiny Caribbean nation of Trinidad and Tobago, Kamla Persad-Bissessar, the leader of the opposition coalition in parliament, recently did something no other world leader has done: She read the U.S. Republican Party platform.

There she discovered that the GOP had called for repeal of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, or Fatca, which is best understood as a license for IRS imperialism. The Treasury Department has used the law to demand that foreign countries change their own laws so their financial institutions report information on their American account holders. Upon discovering the Republican call for Fatca’s repeal, Mrs. Persad-Bissessar wrote Donald Trump in January asking if he will keep this promise.

It’s a good question. Mrs. Persad-Bissessar, a former prime minister, wants to know because the Trinidad and Tobago parliament is now considering changing the nation’s laws to accommodate Fatca. It would make little sense to change her nation’s laws, she argues, if Fatca isn’t long for this world.

Americans have an even bigger stake in the answer. In theory this 2010 law was designed to go after fat cats hiding their wealth offshore by adding a new reporting form for taxpayers with assets overseas. In reality, the law has become another example of gross federal overreach, adding another burden on Americans overseas who are already paying taxes where they live. ...

Mrs. Persad-Bissessar’s question to Mr. Trump has roiled the pro-Fatca establishment. The American ambassador (appointed by President Obama) has said Fatca is being held up by “some people with cocoa in the sun,” insinuating that only someone with something to hide could be opposed. The Fatca chief at Deloitte & Touche has been telling Trinidad and Tobago that Fatca is here to stay and Mr. Trump can’t do anything about it.

Well, yes and no. Only Congress can repeal Fatca. But the whole Fatca edifice has been built on the intergovernmental agreements that Treasury has negotiated with more than 100 countries—agreements for which there is no statutory authority or Congressional ratification. Mr. Trump could take the teeth out of Fatca by announcing he has suspended negotiations for future agreements and won’t enforce the ones we have.

So two cheers for Mrs. Persad-Bissessar for asking her question. Let’s hope President Trump gives the answer that Americans deserve, by making clear he intends to deliver on the GOP pledge to dismantle a bad law that never should have been passed.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 5th, 2017, 9:53 pm

haha.....you really think Trump, POTUS, head of the world's most powerful country, needs to care about what some Opposition Leader thinks? How does it affect him or the USA what Kamla thinks? Is T&T Russia? does it have thousands of nukes, a volatile leader who annexes neighbours' territory, and was a KGB boss? Is it a steadfast ally, who shares military secrets? Is it like China, who supplies it with consumer goods, and holds trillions of its debts? for supposed "educated" Kamla, she cannot read a book on how geopolitics does wuk? she should be learned, she has ah MBA from UWI and is Silk.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 5th, 2017, 10:01 pm

A A, man like Desi back in town. How was America boy?

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 5th, 2017, 10:33 pm

you're the one with big wuk, foreign experience in 50 countries, and then don't get how global tings does wuk. but cool.....i'll post stuff and info "to pose". and yuh breds nervouscondition will post about somePM i sent him. but cool.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » February 6th, 2017, 1:16 pm

airuma wrote:This woman is an embarrassment to our country yes! We really need to understand how to mind our own business. IMHO, the USA has every right to legally do what they see necessary to better their country. Our decision must be whether we will comply or suffer the consequences. If Kamla really wanted to do something meaningful, she would have done so when she was prime minister and had an opportunity to unite with other countries against compliance.

.................. who? Uma or kamla. One is the wife of a prime minister and the other a prime minister.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 6th, 2017, 3:46 pm

She has a pont though to be fair. Trump MAY get rid of it, but it won't be on his priorities.

https://brighttax.com/blog/why-for-many ... last-straw

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » February 6th, 2017, 4:33 pm

De Dragon wrote:

Yes, if the US says let us drink drainwater, let's, because they always act in the best interest of the Caribbean :roll:
I would guess you have a head start at drinking drainwater to post such a foolish response!

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 6th, 2017, 7:26 pm

rspann wrote:A A, man like Desi back in town. How was America boy?

Lmfao....in he dreams...

Never in he pathetic life will he smell Trumpland...

Stuck in trini like a piece of dog sheit on rough concrete.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 6th, 2017, 9:03 pm

hmm...i been before. i not muslim, i don't need to be blocked. with my nationalities, which i doubt you'll ever know of, i won't get prevented. like you couldn't hack living in a foreign society, this is why you does live here, and piss by side of the road, vote on race, and other grand sheit.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”