Trini w/muslim name detained at Lauderdale airport

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » February 2nd, 2017, 2:20 pm

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/repor ... ht-9110815
Donald Trump's travel ban last week was directed at seven majority-Muslim countries: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Libya, and Sudan. Trinidad, which sits seven miles off the coast of Venezuela in the Caribbean, is nowhere near any of those nations.

That fact, however, apparently did not stop customs agents from stopping a Trinidadian man — the husband of a prominent reporter — at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport yesterday.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Trini w/muslim name detained at Lauderdale airport

Postby Dizzy28 » February 2nd, 2017, 2:33 pm

Buzz Feed reporter?? No wonder they pull him aside.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 2nd, 2017, 2:43 pm

Buzz Feed is currently on Trump's list of people to hate.

Really hope they don't add T&T to the list of banned countries eventually

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » February 2nd, 2017, 2:57 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Buzz Feed is currently on Trump's list of people to hate.

Really hope they don't add T&T to the list of banned countries eventually

the way this country going ... it may be added soon

big man say 132 families leave to join isis , and he proud to say it too :oops:

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 2nd, 2017, 2:59 pm

that's unfortunate. Guess it's a wait and see to determine if there's a pattern, or if he just was flagged incorrectly or somethin

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 2nd, 2017, 4:04 pm

10-01 wrote:big man say 132 families leave to join isis
link to that article?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 2nd, 2017, 5:32 pm

Was on CNC3, someone said 132 Trinis already leave this country to join ISIS. Who knows how many still here in training, nobody has a clue what to do.

I am surprised they have not banned Trinidad as yet given our history with terrorism. Trump says he will be expanding the list, its all based on how serious of a threat we are to the US.

Some years ago they arrested a Trini for attempting to blow up JFK airport.

We are going to have to pray that nobody from here tries to do that for the next 8 years. It will be a surefire way to getting Trinidad immediately banned.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 2nd, 2017, 11:58 pm

so if we have ah visa before T&T get ban we could still get in even when the ban goes into effect?

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » February 3rd, 2017, 12:41 am

Where is Redman? EFFECT DESIGNS? RASC?

***crickets***

LOL. I predicted this months ago, but people wanted to argue with me. This is just the start. Trump and Co. coming for TT. I pray he doesn't impose economic sanctions...best you line up alternative options for your imports. Enjoy your plastic rice from China!

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 3rd, 2017, 1:00 am

^ Hey dont you have any blacklivesmatter looting to do? Gone from here u racist firetruck

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » February 3rd, 2017, 6:00 am

detain them and send them to pakistan to be judged by a council of their peers and jailed there for terrorism. Doh send them back to trinidad. Y nafeza doh tell them about how much building material she stole when she was chairman of the san juan laventille regional cooperation. That family needs to confess to save their soul.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 3rd, 2017, 6:21 am

me ain't find muslim should be entertain america anywho... so, good for them.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 3rd, 2017, 8:50 am

ey, BuzzFeed is cancer

It good for him

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 3rd, 2017, 9:00 am

redmanjp wrote:so if we have ah visa before T&T get ban we could still get in even when the ban goes into effect?

Nope. People with visas and even green cards were turned away.

"Citizens from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen
The order applies to anyone with a nonimmigrant or immigrant visa for 90 days. This means anyone with a work or student visa is not allowed in. The issuance of visas are suspended until further notice. Those who were in the U.S. at the time the order was signed are exempt."

Though according to the CBP green card holders and residents should be allowed in.

They turned away a translator for the US Military coming from Iraq.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 3rd, 2017, 9:51 am

AbstractPoetic wrote:Where is Redman? EFFECT DESIGNS? RASC?

***crickets***

LOL. I predicted this months ago, but people wanted to argue with me. This is just the start. Trump and Co. coming for TT. I pray he doesn't impose economic sanctions...best you line up alternative options for your imports. Enjoy your plastic rice from China!

Yes Trump is focussed on TnT.
And you were able to predict this...and Hilary's win.

Im happy that you seem to recovered from your Grand Canyon sized butt hurt after your god Hilary lost the elections.
Lets hope she doesnt make Jail .I dont know if your self identity would look good in HVC for ten to life
you are free to criticize the new president as much as you want.
It impacts me not.

Thats how elections work. Somebody wins and they are then subject to criticism and review.
And criticism from all -even the people that didnt vote for him.

While HRC is recounting,The new president has been busy

Since taking office, President Trump has looked to fulfill some of his campaign promises by using executive orders. Here are the 17 orders, actions and memoranda he has signed so far:

An order instructing agencies that whenever they introduce a regulation, they must first abolish two others.

A memorandum to restructure the National Security Council and the Homeland Security Council.
A memorandum directing the Secretary of Defense to draw up a plan within 30 days to defeat ISIS.
An order to lengthen the ban on administration officials working as lobbyists. There is now a 5 year-ban on officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government, and a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
An executive order imposing a 120-day suspension of the refugee program and a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. from citizens of seven terror hot spots: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Sudan.
Two multi-pronged orders on border security and immigration enforcement including: the authorization of a U.S.-Mexico border wall; the stripping of federal grant money to sanctuary cities; hiring 5,000 more Border Patrol agents; ending “catch-and-release” policies for illegal immigrants; and reinstating local and state immigration enforcement partnerships.

A memorandum calling for a 30-day review of military readiness.

Two orders reviving the Keystone XL pipeline and Dakota Access piplines. He also signed three other related orders that would: expedite the environmental permitting process for infrastructure projects related to the pipelines; direct the Commerce Department to streamline the manufacturing permitting process; and give the Commerce Department 180 days to maximize the use of U.S. steel in the pipeline.

An order to reinstate the so-called "Mexico City Policy" – a ban on federal funds to international groups that perform abortions or lobby to legalize or promote abortion. The policy was instituted in 1984 by President Reagan, but has gone into and out of effect depending on the party in power in the White House.

A notice that the U.S. will begin withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal. Trump called the order "a great thing for the American worker."

An order imposing a hiring freeze for some federal government workers as a way to shrink the size of government. This excludes the military, as Trump noted at the signing.

An order that directs federal agencies to ease the “regulatory burdens” of ObamaCare. It orders agencies to “waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement” of ObamaCare that imposes a “fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications.”

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » February 3rd, 2017, 10:06 am

***crickets***

Trump and Co. probably can't point out TT on a map.

His policy against Muslims is the cause of this issue.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 3rd, 2017, 10:09 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:that's unfortunate. Guess it's a wait and see to determine if there's a pattern, or if he just was flagged incorrectly or somethin

My nephew gets pulled everytime he enters the US and he lives in Fla.
Its been happening 4 years now.
His last name is Ali.

Its a mammoth task to try to screen and reduce the likleyhood of further attacks on US soil.

No one wants to be on the plane that blows up
Or in the theater that is shot up
Or in the office that is slashed up.

The Immigration situation in the US to keep its open borders while maintaining security at an acceptable level is a messy one.

maybe all the solutions are equally messy...

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 3rd, 2017, 10:12 am

teems1 wrote:

***crickets***

Commonsense would dictate that if he had a ANTI muslim policy he would have added Indonesia with 12 % of the Global Muslim population to the seven countries picked out in 2015

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » February 3rd, 2017, 10:15 am

Redman wrote:
teems1 wrote:

***crickets***

Commonsense would dictate that if he had a ANTI muslim policy he would have added Indonesia with 12 % of the Global Muslim population to the seven countries picked out in 2015

Let me clarify.

His policy against Muslims from countries which do not affect his bottom line is the cause of this issue.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 3rd, 2017, 12:41 pm

teems1 wrote:
Redman wrote:
teems1 wrote:

***crickets***

Let me clarify.

His policy against Muslims from countries which do not affect his bottom line [/b]is the cause of this issue.

India,Pakistan and Bangladesh affects his bottom line? they are 2nd to 4th in the list of most populous Muslim countries and none of them have been banned in the current scenario.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 3rd, 2017, 12:47 pm

They stereotype on name or appearance?
My name is confusing AF tho, local people think im foreign and foreign people think I'm from mars.

With my beard, people always mistake me for muslim. Been to at least 6 cities in the states and never got 'randomly searched' once, even on first entry in NY/MIA/Houston
Going again in may, I doh care to test my theory but I suppose it will be tested anyway.

Reez100
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Reez100 » February 3rd, 2017, 12:57 pm

i am muslim, have a muslim name, went for us visa yesterday, I own 2 businesses, have assets, carried all the paper work they needed to prove these things, but still got turned down the lady said I dont have enough ties to trinidad

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Re: RE: Re: Trini w/muslim name detained at Lauderdale airport

Postby cherrypopper » February 3rd, 2017, 1:15 pm

Reez100 wrote:i am muslim, have a muslim name, went for us visa yesterday, I own 2 businesses, have assets, carried all the paper work they needed to prove these things, but still got turned down the lady said I dont have enough ties to trinidad

Wha d firetruck dey want again ..yuh liver

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 3rd, 2017, 1:26 pm

I agree with Redman here again 100% always having the most valuable posts on tuner, very long post but worth the read for those interested. The difference with Redman and Abstract is that Redman's post are of substance and its NOT a temper tantrum hysterical crap that the Hillary and Kamla camp loves to throw.

Trump has fulfilled more promises in such a short time than pretty much any politician in history. Infact since Trump took office a couple weeks now it is said he has fulfilled more campaign promises than Obama did in 8 years.

With regards to Trinidad this should serve as a wakeup call to those in authority to get their act together and realize we do have a crime situation to deal with in this country. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but Trinidad is a secular state yes? then we have a much smaller problem with the US when it comes to terrorism. I expect our government to fully 100% accept our terrorists when and if the US deports them since obviously this is the smart thing to do. After that they can decide if they will put them in jail here or hopefully send them to another country.

But right now we are in the Pre Diabetic stage and Trump is the doctor, we have been diagnosed and we must take the necessary steps to combating the crime/terrorism problem otherwise when we go back to him he will have no choice but to amputate. This is a wakeup call to us Trinis to fix our crime problem, this is not a bad thing but a good thing because it could very well prevent another repeat of 1990. Ever since 1990 we Trinis have continued to pretend as though it has never happened and that we do not have a problem, but we can no longer pretend like it didn't happen, we are a nation of laws and we need those in authority to start enforcing those laws.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 3rd, 2017, 1:44 pm

Trump wanted to help Mexico with a southern border of their own which would have ultimately helped Mexico reduce their own drug problem. The drugs are not made in Mexico but come from South America. The Mexican President caved under pressure from the cartel and so Trump decided he will go ahead and build the wall regardless and secure his country and to hell with Mexico.

And I will say it one last time, we have to do the same we have a massive drug smuggling problem in Trinidad it is the Hub as a matter of fact, we need proper security of our coastline a lot of Trinis try to smuggle drugs into the US or have we forgotten?
We are a nation of laws and those laws are currently not being enforced, we as Trinis must hold politicians accountable otherwise we could very well be amputated. Sure it could never happen but lets not take the chance, fixing our security problem should not be simply because we are afraid we will be banned but rather should be seen as something of our own damn benefit.

pj15
3NE 2NR for life

Postby pj15 » February 3rd, 2017, 2:03 pm

Reez100 wrote:i am muslim, have a muslim name, went for us visa yesterday, I own 2 businesses, have assets, carried all the paper work they needed to prove these things, but still got turned down the lady said I dont have enough ties to trinidad

Have you ever been issued a US visa before?

They say they can make their decision based solely on the information you provide on the application form and are under no obligation to look at your supporting documents. Who knows what they're really looking for...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 3rd, 2017, 2:07 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:They stereotype on name or appearance?
My name is confusing AF tho, local people think im foreign and foreign people think I'm from mars.

With my beard, people always mistake me for muslim. Been to at least 6 cities in the states and never got 'randomly searched' once, even on first entry in NY/MIA/Houston
Going again in may, I doh care to test my theory but I suppose it will be tested anyway.

I feel both

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 3rd, 2017, 3:27 pm

teems1 wrote:
Redman wrote:
teems1 wrote:

***crickets***

Let me clarify.

His policy against Muslims from countries which do not affect his bottom line is the cause of this issue.

Trumps bottom line must have mattered to Obama when Obama made the list....
:roll: :roll:

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » February 3rd, 2017, 7:38 pm

First name Mad

Last name Inga

Lukedboss
Riding on 13's

Postby Lukedboss » February 4th, 2017, 12:05 am

For everyone saying Hillary shoulda win, she would've been like d kamala of America...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”