Trinituner Peong

Re: List of vehicle inspection stations in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby computercentral » January 7th, 2019, 11:18 am

Caroni have 3 lines with about 100 vehicles in each at the moment

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » January 7th, 2019, 11:25 am

Sando had about 150 vehicles about 8:00am. Most of them were taxi's and commercial vehicles. Why don't they do this by appointment and give a paper with the date to the driver as evidence that they have started the process?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 7th, 2019, 11:33 am

Real money making under the table still then

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 7th, 2019, 11:43 am

bachannal in Caroni atm

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 7th, 2019, 2:13 pm

Wrightson line is actually for a private garage just before the lic office though,
The license office there stopped doing inspections due to earthquake damage to pit

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » January 7th, 2019, 2:29 pm

airuma wrote:Sando had about 150 vehicles about 8:00am. Most of them were taxi's and commercial vehicles. Why don't they do this by appointment and give a paper with the date to the driver as evidence that they have started the process?

It use to be so for part of last year and then they switched to first come.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 7th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Why are taxis being done at LO alone??? Facepalm

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » January 7th, 2019, 3:56 pm

pugboy wrote:Wrightson line is actually for a private garage just before the lic office though,
The license office there stopped doing inspections due to earthquake damage to pit

BAFFLING that since the earthquake this has not been repaired as yet.

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » January 7th, 2019, 4:46 pm

Had a job on penal side today, the inspection bays on that end hardly have people. I went in at 11 and was out 20 minutes later there were 3 of us in total waiting to be inspected. As usual no stickers so gotta go back Friday to collect but its better than the madness up in the east to get it done.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 7th, 2019, 6:34 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Why are taxis being done at LO alone??? Facepalm

since they had mentioned that is meelions of t vehicles that only two sites have to handle, so they letting the light t go private, i was suggesting to them that they should let the light h have to same accommodation. they said that they were not reviewing that at that that time.

i would think it have just as much h as t... i tell u, these people, in com pee tent

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 8th, 2019, 5:09 am

sMASH wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Why are taxis being done at LO alone??? Facepalm

since they had mentioned that is meelions of t vehicles that only two sites have to handle, so they letting the light t go private, i was suggesting to them that they should let the light h have to same accommodation. they said that they were not reviewing that at that that time.

i would think it have just as much h as t... i tell u, these people, in com pee tent

I had to do a notification of change, so while waiting I taking een how they inspecting taxis.........imagine LO telling taxi men how they indicator lights to dim and that could cause them to fail....they looking for anything to fail them fellas

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 8th, 2019, 5:48 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:[I had to do a notification of change, so while waiting I taking een how they inspecting taxis.........imagine LO telling taxi men how they indicator lights to dim and that could cause them to fail....they looking for anything to fail them fellas

:| So were the indicators too dim or not? That could be a safety issue and worthy of a failed inspection if valid.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 8th, 2019, 6:07 am

The older ones like 280 and ting yeah they are too dim... Sad part is, it's oem.
Brightening it would be against oem...

License officer's dilemma.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 8th, 2019, 6:22 am

Exactly what he said^

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 8th, 2019, 6:33 am

sMASH wrote:The older ones like 280 and ting yeah they are too dim... Sad part is, it's oem.

Are we confusing a 280C with a faded out hazed Taiwanese replacement taillight as opposed to a 280C with an actual OEM taillight? Because I have seen older cars with OEM taillights that are still quite visible in daylight.

My 21 year old Lancer still has the OEM taillights with filament type bulbs that function quite well with respect to brightness.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 8th, 2019, 6:44 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
sMASH wrote:The older ones like 280 and ting yeah they are too dim... Sad part is, it's oem.

Are we confusing a 280C with a faded out hazed Taiwanese replacement taillight as opposed to a 280C with an actual OEM taillight? Because I have seen older cars with OEM taillights that are still quite visible in daylight.

My 21 year old Lancer still has the OEM taillights with filament type bulbs that function quite well with respect to brightness.

Are the OEM ones readily available and/or affordable?

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 8th, 2019, 6:49 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:

Padna...under all seriousness, lo moving dred in that inspection bay...like real dred

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

List of vehicle inspection stations in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby greggle71 » January 8th, 2019, 7:34 am

An easier way to deal with the crowds at inspection centers is to move from first come first serve to a proper appointment system based on a daily maximum. Authorities should agree that even if your appointment is 2 months away once you have proof of a confirmed appointment there will be no charge. It will calm all this noise and drama with crowds while still effectively tackling the need to get vehicles road worthy.

Some garages already have an appointment system but the authorities need to be on board to sanction the waiver on charges for confirmed appointments.

Another thing is that when you get a proof of appointment it should come with the inspection checklist of what is required to pass inspection so drivers know in advance exactly what is needed rather than trying to inspect and then failing and having to come back.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 8th, 2019, 7:39 am

De Dragon wrote:Are the OEM ones readily available and/or affordable?

So the inspectors must compromise on safety? Is that what you are saying? If not, what exactly are you saying?

Where I work, we have equipment that we have to ensure is maintained to a certain standard to be able to enter and work in industrial plants. Sometimes, we cannot get OEM replacement parts for the equipment and we have to engineer an alternative, which in some cases, does not last as long as the OEM. All we do is just adjust the maintenance schedule for the item of equipment to compensate for the shorter lifespan of the part to ensure that we still are able to meet our own HS&E standards and the HS&E standards of the client.

Same thing here. You can't get an OEM replacement taillight? Then you may have to end up buying an aftermarket taillight that may not last as long, but which you will have to replace on a more frequent basis to ensure that the performance of the taillight from a safety standpoint is maintained.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 8th, 2019, 8:12 am

tropi_flakes wrote:Had a job on penal side today, the inspection bays on that end hardly have people. I went in at 11 and was out 20 minutes later there were 3 of us in total waiting to be inspected. As usual no stickers so gotta go back Friday to collect but its better than the madness up in the east to get it done.

mind saying where?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 8th, 2019, 8:58 am

that probably cause the p and light t done in that area so is just those that HAVE to go LO, that are outstanding,,, like ttps and fire... lol.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 8th, 2019, 9:04 am

greggle71 wrote:An easier way to deal with the crowds at inspection centers is to move from first come first serve to a proper appointment system based on a daily maximum. Authorities should agree that even if your appointment is 2 months away once you have proof of a confirmed appointment there will be no charge. It will calm all this noise and drama with crowds while still effectively tackling the need to get vehicles road worthy.

Some garages already have an appointment system but the authorities need to be on board to sanction the waiver on charges for confirmed appointments.

Another thing is that when you get a proof of appointment it should come with the inspection checklist of what is required to pass inspection so drivers know in advance exactly what is needed rather than trying to inspect and then failing and having to come back.

i had went vemcott as they got permission to do inspection, to enquire what needed to be checked and for what, so i could sort out things in adavcned if necessary. the woman didnt really go into details, just basically underwash and engine wash, check for leaks tires, lights.
thing is my van does be in the bush a lot, bumper different, bangs all over, all kinda ting. so it would have been helpful to know exactly what can be accepted and what not, to know what to do and what not to do.

but, will use the inspection sheet now to serve as the pattern to follow.

insurance and drivng tests usually put u on an appointment, that shoudl be extened to inspection. with the same option to alter date prior.

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » January 8th, 2019, 3:45 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
tropi_flakes wrote:Had a job on penal side today, the inspection bays on that end hardly have people. I went in at 11 and was out 20 minutes later there were 3 of us in total waiting to be inspected. As usual no stickers so gotta go back Friday to collect but its better than the madness up in the east to get it done.

mind saying where?
That's the spot
IMG_20190108_154157.jpeg

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 8th, 2019, 6:28 pm

Years ago rented tents and chairs from. Suncoast in Penal. Wonder if is the same people?

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » January 8th, 2019, 6:48 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Years ago rented tents and chairs from. Suncoast in Penal. Wonder if is the same people?
Yep same people. Nice people honestly the lady was telling me that they do tent rentals

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 8th, 2019, 7:40 pm

ppl still camping out in their cars at night or lining up outside private inspection stations like how they were doing last wk & wk b4 ?

yes i too eh inspect as yet .... :oops: .... i mostly walking or taking a chance when i really have to

will go see how things are at a station later this wk or maybe will wait til next wk when d crowd\line ease up some more cause i eh able with 1\2 day or whole day bisnis ....

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 9th, 2019, 7:44 am

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 9th, 2019, 9:51 am

Rovin's Audio wrote:ppl still camping out in their cars at night or lining up outside private inspection stations like how they were doing last wk & wk b4 ?

yes i too eh inspect as yet .... :oops: .... i mostly walking or taking a chance when i really have to

will go see how things are at a station later this wk or maybe will wait til next wk when d crowd\line ease up some more cause i eh able with 1\2 day or whole day bisnis ....

I get through down south in P'town. I hear VMCOTT wukking quick too

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 9th, 2019, 10:27 am

I does question the relevance of LO in Arima.......woft.....anyways racket hadda run...yuh cyah get cert copy, do inspection etc etc

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”