Re: List of vehicle inspection stations in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby I spann » January 2nd, 2019, 8:41 pm

7eb1d4d6-16ca-4223-9d4c-983e0f84cabb.jpg

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 2nd, 2019, 11:57 pm

There will be no extension!

CNC3 - Works and Transport Minster Rohan Sinanan says citizens have gotten enough time to have their vehicles inspected.

Today, lines trailed outside inspection service centres and licensing offices across the country.

The minister says the inspection is not a revenue earner for the country but more a safety issue.

Otto Carrington tells us more.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 3rd, 2019, 3:52 am

No one fined for stickers
Drivers get tickets for defective vehicles
Rishard Khan

De­spite li­cens­ing of­fi­cers be­ing out in full force con­duct­ing road checks, no mo­torists have been tick­et­ed for out-of-date in­spec­tion stick­ers and cer­tifi­cates.

“My in­for­ma­tion is no ve­hi­cles have been charged for not hav­ing in­spec­tion…the of­fi­cers (Li­cens­ing) have to work so when they were check­ing and they…charg­ing for oth­er vi­o­la­tions. Mean­ing, some peo­ple didn’t have lights, wipers, they had smooth tires—that sort of thing,” Min­is­ter of Works and Trans­port Ro­han Sinanan told Guardian Me­dia in a tele­phone in­ter­view.

He said that for the most part, the pub­lic has been com­ply­ing with their oblig­a­tion to have their ve­hi­cles’ in­spec­tion up-to-date and of­fi­cers on the roads have been us­ing their dis­cre­tion; al­low­ing mo­torists a “bligh” with the un­der­stand­ing they were go­ing to get it done.

The min­is­ter, how­ev­er, ad­mit­ted that dri­vers may be tak­ing al­ter­nate routes to avoid check­points. “Some peo­ple will do that be­cause they know their ve­hi­cles can­not pass in­spec­tion and those are the ones the of­fi­cers are look­ing for,” he said.

Mo­torists have been giv­en sev­er­al warn­ings from Sinanan to get their ve­hi­cle in­spec­tions done or face a steep $5,000 fine that was en­forced Jan­u­ary 1.

There have been many spec­u­la­tions, how­ev­er, as to the mo­tive be­hind this clamp down on ve­hi­cle in­spec­tion vi­o­la­tions as some say the Gov­ern­ment stands to make more than $90 mil­lion from the in­spec­tion fees.

Sinanan has dis­put­ed these claims as he said, “a part of it (the fees) would go to the garages and part would go to the Gov­ern­ment for things like the stick­ers or so on. Gov­ern­ment does not make mon­ey on it. In­spec­tion on ve­hi­cles is not a rev­enue earn­er”.

Sinanan was adamant that ve­hi­cle in­spec­tions were done sole­ly to en­sure cit­i­zens’ safe­ty while on the na­tion’s roads.

The min­is­ter was un­able to pro­vide a break­down as to how the fees are di­vid­ed be­tween the Gov­ern­ment and the garages that per­form the in­spec­tions. How­ev­er, Trans­port Com­mis­sion­er Bas­deo Go­sine ex­plained the process fur­ther. He said, “An in­spec­tion book has 50 pages so that’s 50 cer­tifi­cates. Plus we give you a check­list with 50 pages. So the pri­vate garages would pay $3,750 for this pack­age. Out of the $300, they would have to pay VAT on the in­spec­tions, and the rest is theirs.”

This means that every time a mo­torist pays $300 for an in­spec­tion, the Gov­ern­ment gets $75 while the rest goes to the garages.

Pres­i­dent of the T&T Au­to Deal­ers’ As­so­ci­a­tion Visham Bab­wah es­ti­mates there are 700,000 ve­hi­cles in the coun­try over five years old which are due for in­spec­tion. This means that at $300 for each in­spec­tion, the to­tal rev­enue to be earned would be $210 mil­lion. Gov­ern­ment would draw in at least $52.5 mil­lion TT just from the sale of the in­spec­tion pack­ages to garages, VAT ex­clu­sive. Garages will re­ceive $157.5 mil­lion TT.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/no-one-fined-for-stickers-6.2.748377.6bb2c4eb51

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 3rd, 2019, 6:33 am

it's a money making thing....gov't out to fck the public good and proper this year...Imbert said no new "taxes" but we will take it in other forms

assassin
Shifting into 6th

Postby assassin » January 3rd, 2019, 6:39 am

Not having a vehicle inspected is not a fixed penalty offence
There is no "$5000 ticket"
You have to be summoned before the court and upon conviction the max fine is $5000

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » January 3rd, 2019, 9:51 am

assassin wrote:Not having a vehicle inspected is not a fixed penalty offence
You have to be summoned before the court and upon conviction the max fine is $5000
I believe this is correct...

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 3rd, 2019, 10:04 am

I have to do a vehicle transfer and dem mc lines in Caroni fcking up the scene....

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » January 3rd, 2019, 10:40 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I have to do a vehicle transfer and dem mc lines in Caroni fcking up the scene....

Same here.. hopefully the transfer line is not affected by the inspections..

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 3rd, 2019, 10:44 am

pete wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I have to do a vehicle transfer and dem mc lines in Caroni fcking up the scene....

Same here.. hopefully the transfer line is not affected by the inspections..

pressure bai.....I'd have to try again next week, the cashier line is a scene by itself

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 3rd, 2019, 11:05 am

It is a fixed penalty charge but $1000 according to the 9th Schedule that is attached to the MVRT Act (see below)

Capture.JPG

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 3rd, 2019, 12:13 pm

this morning on morning brew, some fella was the guest, and was saying that u not getting ticketed 5k, but u gonna get a summons to go to court, and present ur case.
what allyuh say making sense. what that man said, not making sense.

but, i mix up a lot of things.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 3rd, 2019, 12:37 pm

computercentral
Trinituner Peong

Postby computercentral » January 3rd, 2019, 1:21 pm

Caroni license office is in a mess at the moment

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 3rd, 2019, 8:00 pm

:lol:

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » January 3rd, 2019, 8:00 pm

Has anyone experienced inspection garages asking for transfer slips? My father's vehicle next inspection is in July. He was turned away by Ramps last time he had it done, and had to return with it in order to be inspected, despite having his certified copy. He was looking for it tonight in light of all this inspection woes, thought I'd ask about it.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 3rd, 2019, 8:03 pm

^ yuh father like he blank Ramps the racket price

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 3rd, 2019, 8:09 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

It is a fixed penalty charge but $1000 according to the 9th Schedule that is attached to the MVRT Act (see below)

Capture.JPG

How come no important person aint see this yet??? Everybody still on 5k...the law says 1k...wtf

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » January 3rd, 2019, 8:12 pm

MaxPower wrote:^ yuh father like he blank Ramps the racket price

I guess it's no surprise people in this mess now... hmmn.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 3rd, 2019, 8:31 pm

Are there any recent amendments

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 3rd, 2019, 9:10 pm

kamakazi wrote:Are there any recent amendments

That amendment was 2017...not seeing anything after that

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 4th, 2019, 12:29 pm

K74T wrote:Image

Motorists had six months advance notice, what's the government excuse for not having any stickers and a shortage of inspection documents at the stations?

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 4th, 2019, 12:34 pm

still ROHANI talking in he mc...I went for my sticker this week and was told they don't have...I did my inspection in June at P.O.S

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 4th, 2019, 12:56 pm

Why all the badjohn gangsters here who cussin Rohan don't call him and cuss him on the phone instead of getting on like a set of little girls on a website? Righ pyscho Devant put up all them PNM people cell phone numbers?

Okay, so they don't have stickers. Boo hoo! Don't you have the certificate? I have my sticker, certificate and receipt all in the car. I have a scan of the certificate and receipt and a photo of the sticker. What's the issue?

Is it they don't have certificates now? This is a serious question, I really don't know. But in all seriousness, whose fault is that? The PNM or all the lazy ass people who wait until the last minute to go for inspections and overload the system?

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 4th, 2019, 1:06 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:Why all the badjohn gangsters here who cussin Rohan don't call him and cuss him on the phone instead of getting on like a set of little girls on a website? Righ pyscho Devant put up all them PNM people cell phone numbers?

Okay, so they don't have stickers. Boo hoo! Don't you have the certificate? I have my sticker, certificate and receipt all in the car. I have a scan of the certificate and receipt and a photo of the sticker. What's the issue?

Is it they don't have certificates now? This is a serious question, I really don't know. But in all seriousness, whose fault is that? The PNM or all the lazy ass people who wait until the last minute to go for inspections and overload the system?

you missing the point...don't go on national tv and say your house in order when in reality your house falling down...daz the point

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » January 4th, 2019, 5:10 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:still ROHANI talking in he mc...I went for my sticker this week and was told they don't have...I did my inspection in June at P.O.S
Cant understand how they dont have since June and private garages how they in stock

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » January 4th, 2019, 5:30 pm

Am I correct in thinking that a car can be inspected at any time regardless of the current inspection status (expired or not) and if successful, the inspection is valid for 2 years from the date of inspection?
For example, if my car's inspection is expiring in June 2019, I can go for re-inspection in March 2019 and the new inspection if successful will expire in March 2021?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 4th, 2019, 5:50 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:Why all the badjohn gangsters here who cussin Rohan don't call him and cuss him on the phone instead of getting on like a set of little girls on a website? Righ pyscho Devant put up all them PNM people cell phone numbers?

They getting about 50 certificates or so to the stations I went to per day. Some places are issued less.They do not have certificates for all the vehicles that go to the stations.And they run out very quickly.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 4th, 2019, 6:03 pm

2ndchance wrote:Am I correct in thinking that a car can be inspected at any time regardless of the current inspection status (expired or not) and if successful, the inspection is valid for 2 years from the date of inspection?
For example, if my car's inspection is expiring in June 2019, I can go for re-inspection in March 2019 and the new inspection if successful will expire in March 2021?
Yes
At any time

Inspection is 2 years from the date of the certificate whether you have a current valid one or expired

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 4th, 2019, 6:17 pm

yeah, otherwise there would be a rush every january 1st like this rounds
so anybody who in the present rush should move smarter and inspect around mid year or third quarter 2020

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » January 4th, 2019, 6:18 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
2ndchance wrote:Am I correct in thinking that a car can be inspected at any time regardless of the current inspection status (expired or not) and if successful, the inspection is valid for 2 years from the date of inspection?
Yes
At any time

Inspection is 2 years from the date of the certificate whether you have a current valid one or expired

Thanks Kronik.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”