TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Re: Hyundai Ioniq is here...

Postby Monk BANzai » February 23rd, 2017, 8:50 pm

RBphoto wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
RBphoto wrote:I need to open a garage for these since Massey is already spreading fear and misunderstanding about the technology right out the gate. Should be able to charge a pong and a crong for service.

Massy is doing that how? Seems more like commenters doing that because of their own grievances

"servicing will need to go through Massy because of the technology involved" .. as if it will be rocket science. I call that fear mongering to keep people from going to competent independent mechanics.

We'll see how it plays out. We know that VW does alot of their Mechatronic and engine rebuilds "offsite" I dont see it being any different with the expanding technology of the Hybrids. Massy has always had a issue of not having enough in-house mechanics/technicians to deal with after sales and service. But ppl acting as though its "OMG Massy doing mechanical work offsite" is so new. Been happening for decades...at EVERY dealership, no matter the brand (and those that struggled to keep the optics of "inhouse" folded: Renault, Peugeot etc...lol please dont pull this ONE point apart and go up the "OH NO!! THATS NOT WHY THEY FOLDED" mountain to pay sacrificial homage to your piggy measuring skills eh...lol). A fair amount of the Independent Mechs were former workers of the brand that they now service outside...and its a great thing to keep those relationships alive. The Dealerships may have the tech, but truth be known sometimes the "Indies" comes in to do specific jobs that even the in-house techs cant handle.

And independent mechanics make the Dealerships look great when they can turn around jobs quickly. My E90 is currently being overhauled by a "Indie" and he has cars from the firm doing work as well. Consumers would be fools to think it all happens "in-house".

Lets not fool ourselves here. lol

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: Hyundai Ioniq is here...

Postby kamakazi » February 23rd, 2017, 9:46 pm

RBphoto wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:It’s more affordable than many might anticipate because there’s no duty, VAT or MVT - since it’s a Hybrid vehicle. With duty and taxes the price would have been closer to $240k, instead of the $169,900 for the basic model and 209,900 for the premium model.

I was told Massy’s technicians have been well trained, and servicing will need to go through Massy because of the technology involved. The cables under there are serious business.

Roadside assistance - Massy is said to be working with their partners to ensure they are well trained in providing any specialized roadside assistance the Ioniq may need.

Cables are just copper conductors... where is the "Serious Business" in that? That is like saying the gas line is "Serious Business" because you know, gas is flammable and poisonous. All vehicles are supposed to be serviceable one the proper procedures from the manufacturer are followed... but the tiida seems to defy that logic so I digress.. much less these new technofangled machines. I am usually against high-tech but I can see how these would reduce gas consumption in our gridlocked traffic. I need to open a garage for these since Massey is already spreading fear and misunderstanding about the technology right out the gate. Should be able to charge a pong and a crong for service.

Cause that electrical current is enough to kill you...I can touch gasoline and live... Accidentally touching that electrical conductor could mean the end or a trip to the ER

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 23rd, 2017, 10:08 pm

LoL well he did say the cables and not the current eh...

Somehow, somewhere, sometime the tech has to get going. Move with it or get left behind.

Because you're not convinced doesn't mean you must discourage others.

That Accord Hybrid looks great for the price. That should help with gas bills for daily commuters.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 24th, 2017, 4:44 am

skylinechild wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
X-Axis wrote:Who servicing it
Massy Motors will service it.

when an authorised dealership gets a new model or line of vehicles they are trained and tooled to service those vehicles from the parent company.

:lol: :lol: the fumy part is..you actually said that...sorry for the person that actually believes this... :lol:

but tbh they should be trained and tooled to service said vehicle...capability and understanding is another thing :!:

Yeah this is naive ... Look Ansa selling new civic and yet don't have proper training on the vehicle and don't have updated scan tools for the cars yet.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 24th, 2017, 9:13 am

drchaos wrote:
skylinechild wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

when an authorised dealership gets a new model or line of vehicles they are trained and tooled to service those vehicles from the parent company.

:lol: :lol: the fumy part is..you actually said that...sorry for the person that actually believes this... :lol:

but tbh they should be trained and tooled to service said vehicle...capability and understanding is another thing :!:

Yeah this is naive ... Look Ansa selling new civic and yet don't have proper training on the vehicle and don't have updated scan tools for the cars yet.

How you know they don't have the proper training?
Because it's like that for one model doesn't mean it will be like that for all. Why not find out instead of speculating?

Average
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Average » February 24th, 2017, 8:07 pm

Putting aside the training and lack thereof, it's really an option based on the money the consumer is willing to spend on servicing. I bought a vehicle from Massy in 2013 and they only saw me twice, yes, twice.
At the 1000km and the 5000km services. After I saw the $1300 bill for an oil change I said never again.
Not all consumers have excessive amounts of money at hand to just give away, and even if someone purchases brand new, it doesn't mean they HAVE to or SHOULD service from the dealership.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 24th, 2017, 11:12 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
drchaos wrote:
skylinechild wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

How you know they don't have the proper training?
Because it's like that for one model doesn't mean it will be like that for all. Why not find out instead of speculating?

Allu men jokey yes ... I telling you the truth and you speculating that I speculating.
This is from the horses mouth, a senior technician at ansa, who had to check out my civic for a noise I was hearing. No technical training yet and no updated scan tools for the new civic landed in the country yet.

Knowing how to do an oil change and regular maintenance on a vehicles is totally different from having regular up to date training on individual vehicles and knowing how to trouble shoot and diagnose.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » February 25th, 2017, 8:24 am

Oil change.....allyuh really feel dem changing the oil in them dealorships. They professing its long term service and oil change doesnt need to be hat frequent however once out of warranty and you go to an independent mechanic you wouldnt belive how much wear the engine has

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby *$kїđž!™ » April 12th, 2017, 1:42 pm

Any reviews from actual owners of the ioniq? Seeing a lot on the road...it looks pretty awesome

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » April 12th, 2017, 1:58 pm

They've sold out apparently. You gotta wait a couple months for the new batch

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » August 15th, 2017, 9:30 pm

Time to update the thread. New shipment should be here according to my rep. (Car should be cleared tomorrow). So if you're looking for one, Probably the one for $215K, You should be able to get one in stock. Maybe. The ones for $180K are sold out in this shipment and the next. Been waiting since May so should have my hands on it soon. Car was built in June 2017. I have one intention and I don't think anyone has tried it yet, But I'd like to upgrade the sound system in mine. I assuming the speakers are 6" or 6.5" in the doors so I'd like to switch them out asap with the 6" Faital Pro mids and then maybe get a 10" Sub and a amp. Nothing major. Not sure how this is going to affect the electronics in the car, But I guess someone has to do it first.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 16th, 2017, 12:40 am

Man counting chickens before dey hatch yes!

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » August 16th, 2017, 1:16 am

Hyundai sell out ...lol....is this the sufferers thread...lol..lol..

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » August 16th, 2017, 1:20 am

Nah chaos he not counting the chickens before they hatch, there is a list so you know when to expect your car, loads of vehicles sold out, loads of people buying now because they dont know what the umpa lumpa will fcuk up in the upcoming budget.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » August 16th, 2017, 1:27 am

*$kїđž!™ wrote:Hyundai sell out ...lol....is this the sufferers thread...lol..lol..

kidz hyundai is priced on par or even more than some of the other car manufactures . Without the taxes men paying 215k for that. if the same taxes was applied as if it was a gas . it will be more expenisve than a corolla, mazda 3,
forgive me if i wrong but my calculation my be off.

And if you think 200 k car is a sufferer car disregard my above comments.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » August 16th, 2017, 5:48 am

Despite the naysayers the hybrid seems very popular

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 16th, 2017, 7:00 am

PariaMan wrote:Despite the naysayers the hybrid seems very popular

Yes because it cheap ... what happens when the small man adds back duty, vat and MVT?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 16th, 2017, 7:02 am

hong kong phooey wrote:Nah chaos he not counting the chickens before they hatch, there is a list so you know when to expect your car, loads of vehicles sold out, loads of people buying now because they dont know what the umpa lumpa will fcuk up in the upcoming budget.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bushes!

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » August 16th, 2017, 11:43 am

drchaos wrote:
PariaMan wrote:Despite the naysayers the hybrid seems very popular

Yes because it cheap ... what happens when the small man adds back duty, vat and MVT?

Guess the same could be said about the CNG. That hybrid at present price is a bargain. People know that and rushing it. If the shortman leaves it alone it will be a best seller

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » August 16th, 2017, 11:56 am

Signed docs this morning. They have none available for viewing as of this morning. Everything they have goes to licensing then PDI. Should have it next week. It is very popular. A lot of people who were initially interested in the Elantra, Bought Ioniqs instead. The initial 600 sold out quickly. And well the list for the shipments is long and winding. So good luck. And yes, I hope the midget doesn't decide to now start taxing the hybrids or change the amount of cc's that can be taxed. From 2000cc to 1600cc.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 16th, 2017, 4:56 pm

snypaz wrote:Signed docs this morning. They have none available for viewing as of this morning. Everything they have goes to licensing then PDI. Should have it next week. It is very popular. A lot of people who were initially interested in the Elantra, Bought Ioniqs instead. The initial 600 sold out quickly. And well the list for the shipments is long and winding. So good luck. And yes, I hope the midget doesn't decide to now start taxing the hybrids or change the amount of cc's that can be taxed. From 2000cc to 1600cc.

Good Luck! Start a thread with your experiences on the vehicle.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » August 16th, 2017, 5:34 pm

Yeah I plan on making a thread documenting everything. I wasn't feeling anyway about it, Well til this morning. And all of a sudden I keep seeing multiple Ioniqs on the roadways.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 16th, 2017, 8:27 pm

Yeah dred Ioniq is the new B14. Don't mean that in any derogatory way, it just have so much on de road now.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » August 16th, 2017, 8:30 pm

drchaos wrote:Yeah dred Ioniq is the new B14. Don't mean that in any derogatory way, it just have so much on de road now.

This is true...

Cannot take a drive without seeing 1....or 3.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » August 16th, 2017, 10:02 pm

Now I don't think they are the new B14, At least not yet, But with new ones being licensed, there's gonna be more on the road. Passed by the showroom on the way home and they finally have one in the showroom. So potentials can go viewing it. Even though the price is now $185K.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 16th, 2017, 10:37 pm

That increased asking price is just pure greed ...

Well they hadda make up for their 18% reduction I profits right?

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » September 2nd, 2017, 4:44 pm

First update as an owner. It is QUIET. When the car is at a stop, I keep checking to see if it dies on me. I've had to check twice every time I turn it on to make sure it's actually on. This is new. Brakes are responsive. Steering is light. Just getting it tinted now.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » September 2nd, 2017, 8:26 pm

What colour you get???

Nice man! Congrats

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » September 2nd, 2017, 9:14 pm

Iron Grey. POS to Couva and back. Moves a lil sluggish off of a stop. But good otherwise. Don't think I'm gonna get over how quiet it is. Very easy to pass 80km/h. Will learn the cruise control tomorrow.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 2nd, 2017, 9:37 pm

Good to hear - looking forward to seeing your long term reviews!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”