Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby snypaz » October 21st, 2017, 6:40 am

Super.
I wouldn't advise driving through flood waters in any vehicle that's not a 4X4. I have driven through streets that have started flooding before and I try to avoid it as much as possible. But with the ride height you should be good up to a point. However, if you're unfamiliar with the street, then NO.

Sent from my Z828 using TriniTuner mobile app

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 21st, 2017, 6:42 pm

I still don't get what ride height u talking about bro...that car is really low....lol..

gottaluvness69
Ricer

Postby gottaluvness69 » October 21st, 2017, 8:05 pm

The car is high cause when I park close to the pavement the door doesn't even touch.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » October 21st, 2017, 10:28 pm

The mounted height of the door and the ground clearance of the vehicle are two completely different things.

lmakaveli
Street 2NR

Postby lmakaveli » October 22nd, 2017, 12:24 am

Dat and a tiida is about d same height. Cant compare that with any 4x4. If the car cant ride d curb outside las cuevas beach.......lowwww

gottaluvness69
Ricer

Postby gottaluvness69 » October 22nd, 2017, 1:09 am

Compared to my Yaris it's higher.

Sent from my SM-N910V using TriniTuner mobile app

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 22nd, 2017, 1:16 am

Since when high ride height is a desirable feature for a car.... lower ride height adds to stability and cornering dynamics.

Why would you want a high riding car???

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 22nd, 2017, 1:24 am

Aite na all dis beatup bout a CAR height..

snyps post a pic under the hood na. Didn’t even check out what’s going on under there in my test drive

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 22nd, 2017, 3:40 am

Gladiator wrote:Since when high ride height is a desirable feature for a car.... lower ride height adds to stability and cornering dynamics.

Why would you want a high riding car???

Because we drive in the real world with humps, bad road, flood water and sometimes we have passengers.

Lower ride height done properly adds stability and better handling.... But most don't know what they are doing cause they go after style.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 22nd, 2017, 6:04 am

nick639v2 wrote:Aite na all dis beatup bout a CAR height..

snyps post a pic under the hood na. Didn’t even check out what’s going on under there in my test drive

Will post one today. If the weather allows me to get it cleaned.

wheelbarrow
Riding on 17's

Postby wheelbarrow » October 22nd, 2017, 8:48 am

mero wrote:It could peel out?

Ness, handle the scene nah.
It's important information to have.
Skkkrrrtttt.

gottaluvness69
Ricer

Postby gottaluvness69 » October 22nd, 2017, 10:03 am

wheelbarrow wrote:
mero wrote:It could peel out?

Ness, handle the scene nah.
It's important information to have.
Skkkrrrtttt.

Sent from my SM-N910V using TriniTuner mobile app

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 22nd, 2017, 6:56 pm

Small update. It's been 3weeks since I filled up. Still 120km+ on the range.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » October 22nd, 2017, 7:17 pm

snypaz wrote:Small update. It's been 3weeks since I filled up. Still 120km+ on the range.

Good info. But what distance has been covered over the 3 weeks ? The car tbh sounds like a really good buy for a highway warrior like me

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 22nd, 2017, 8:04 pm

I think some hybrids get better mileage in traffic than on the highway as on the highest the ice is always running vs cycling on and off. You would get better mileage than a regular car but they're better suited to traffic.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 22nd, 2017, 8:35 pm

It gets better mileage on highway runs. But the EV mode works great in traffic as well. Car has 815km on the trip meter. I reset it after every fill up.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 22nd, 2017, 11:57 pm

Bro..

When the car switches to the battery how much mileage do you get from it...on the battery run.....

Seems this is more feasible than cng as I heard that u can only get 100km on a full tank of cng......still need to recheck that info though...

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 23rd, 2017, 5:29 am

It depends on your speed and how much charge the battery has. I have gone from East POS to St James multiple times on battery power alone. This is in morning traffic however. A lot of factors work with this. Being acceleration from a stop etc. If you take off quickly, the gas engine will kick in to speed up acceleration. Thus using gas. So you really have to be light on the pedals if you wanna stay in EV mode. On highway runs for instance, if under the speed limit, The EV mode may kick in around 75km/h at times. Cruising speeds. Light on the pedal. I was told the gas engine takes over at certain speeds but I've seen EV mode in speeds upwards of 100km/h activated at cruising speeds as well. Don't usually use my phone while driving or I'd try to take pics. The problem with being in traffic with the car and the EV mode is, the car WILL most likely have to charge itself during the journey. Cause it isn't getting time to charge from regenerative braking or deceleration (because you're in traffic). So you'd be in EV mode. And the battery will be depleting. Then you'd feel the car start to vibrate (feels like idle in normal vehicles), then stop when it thinks it has charged enough. When it's doing this, it's using the gas engine to charge itself, Thus... Using gas. It works hand in hand. A mixture of highway speeds and traffic will work amazingly for your gas mileage in your car. The battery will be charged enough from the highway driving to keep your in EV mode whenever you're in traffic.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 23rd, 2017, 5:34 am

Perfect example of what I'm speaking about in the picture below. Leaving the East couple weeks back. Cruising/Maintaining just under the speed limit. Light press on the gas (As indicated by the Eco bar on the left of Speedo), Car is in EV Mode at 78km/h. Image

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » October 23rd, 2017, 1:10 pm

Anyone heard anything about the availability of the plug in hybrid version of the Ioniq? Its out in the UK at about 5000 gbp more than the regular Ioniq.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 23rd, 2017, 11:41 pm

This car seems loaded with features ...not bad at all

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 24th, 2017, 3:15 am

I wanted to give a small honest list about the pros and cons of my Ioniq. So here goes.

Pros.
Gas mileage. It really is amazing. I haven't had long periods without gas station visits since buying I started driving. I mean, 3 weeks without stopping for gas? This is crazy.

Handling is pretty good. Steering is responsive. Light. You can easily navigate with light movements. In Sport Mode, It gets a little more stiff. Seems to firm up a lot.

Features. The Bluetooth comes in very handy. It even handles Whatsapp calls. Which is pretty cool. Reverse camera is clear, Sound quality is amazing, the speedometer is easily readable, The information section is simple and to the point, the controls on the steering manage it well. Parking sensors work amazing, I appreciate that so much during city driving, The Driver Only cooling option for when driving alone, The drink holders on the doors come in handy and the dedicated charging port in the center console. Honorable mention all the airbags are appreciated and I hope I never find out how well they work.

Looks. I can admit I wasn't sold on the looks when I first saw the car on the road. Now, I Love It. I know it's fashioned to look like the most popular and easily recognizable Hybrid of all time, But it's beautiful. And with little personal touches to stand out from the few on the road, It looks even more amazing. Even better when super clean. Lol.

EV Mode. Not talking about the gas saving attribute. I'm talking about the Silence. Apparently it's creepy watching the car pass by without hearing any sound. It's Soooooooooooooo quiet. So quiet that you have to be so careful around pedestrians whole love to walk between cars to cross the streets in POS.

Space. It doesn't look like it, But it does have a lot of space for a small car. At least to me, being 6'6". I'm not crunched up, I'm comfortable. Also it's a hatchback, So the trunk space is Huge. I had 6 cases of water to the back to it recently and it did nothing to the amount of space left. Didn't even feel the weight of them in the rear.

Cons.
I have to say however, that these are personal quirks of mine.

I wish I had Android Auto in this model. I don't think the Premium version has it either. I can be wrong though but I don't think I am. I just want the information system to do more. That's just me.

Because of how the car is shaped, Looking through the rear windshield is limited. It's small and divided into two because of the stock spoiler. Not a dealer breaker. I'm already accustomed to it.

The mats attract dust. Not a deal breaker but I swear it picks up every spec of dirt known to man at some point.

Sound quality. I miss my bassline. I'm definitely going to be changing the stock speakers soon. They sound great, Just not loud enough for me. That's a personal problem.

The car has wireless charging, but you need a QI pad for it work.

Maybe I'd develop more dislikes as time goes along. None of these are deal breakers however. And most of the cons won't apply to others. Back to sleep for me. Just thought I'd share.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » October 24th, 2017, 4:46 am

Good info and congrats on your purchase, nice to get a hybrid owner's perspective. I'm really glad that you've been enjoying your car. I was skeptical at first as well, but having made the jump into hybrid ownership(different manufacturer though), I've had no regrets so far.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 24th, 2017, 4:51 am

What car did you purchase? If you don't mind me asking.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » October 24th, 2017, 7:43 am

Pm sent

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » October 24th, 2017, 7:53 am

This hyundai is a no no.. I ain't driving in garbage sorry.. it have Toyota/Ford hybrid :drinking:

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » October 24th, 2017, 8:27 am

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:This hyundai is a no no.. I ain't driving in garbage sorry.. it have Toyota/Ford hybrid :drinking:

Well then go buy a Prius and pay 300 and something thousand dollars for it and go start your own thread ....

branbran
Street 2NR

Postby branbran » October 24th, 2017, 8:39 am

How much for the ioniq?

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 24th, 2017, 8:48 am

$185K and $215k.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » October 24th, 2017, 3:32 pm

Btw, can the Ioniq have a full ev mode? And if so, what's the range?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”