Forums

Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby snypaz » October 3rd, 2017, 3:05 pm

Well after the budget, Expecting to see much more on the roads. And once again, I'd say for the price, This car is AMAZING. Filled the car before time on Sunday night, But I'm definitely going to see how long it's gonna take before I have to face the new cost to fill up.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 3rd, 2017, 3:09 pm

10 year warranty? then you have no worries wrt to battery issues

just don't service anywhere besides massy or they will say warranty voided

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 3rd, 2017, 3:21 pm

Don't plan on doing it. And how the mileage going, probably not going to have the first service til December.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 3rd, 2017, 5:27 pm

10yr warrantee might be the longest warrantee of any product in this country

Zim
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Zim » October 4th, 2017, 11:51 am

nice man snypaz, yuh GT.

what about other parts, body parts, mechanical parts etc? Easily available? Cheap, seeing is Hyundai?

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » October 4th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Sounding real good. Have a mind block for Korean vehicles but this review continues to erode it...

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 4th, 2017, 12:39 pm

Zim wrote:nice man snypaz, yuh GT.

what about other parts, body parts, mechanical parts etc? Easily available? Cheap, seeing is Hyundai?

If you're looking for something mechanical, I'd probably guess Massy. But that's only for a time, More places will stock general parts for them soon. The engine for example is just another 1.6 from Hyundai. Outside of that, What I'm looking for is basically mudguards. But I still think the 2016 Elantra set will fit. Still have to order them or find some locally. And yes Ebay/Amazon (UK), parts have started popping up. Visors. SIde Mirror Covers. Moldings. Little things for the inside and out. Not sure of a bodykit yet cause it's a very new car. Actually hoping to see a Ioniq presence at SEMA with parts and accessories.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » October 13th, 2017, 10:14 am

Interesting....

http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/10/is-this-the-future-of-basic-tuning/

The HyperEconiq Ioniq is a little different; it’s chasing numbers too, but they’re fuel efficiency figures not maximum horsepower.

HYUNDAI JOINS FORCES WITH BISIMOTO ENGINEERING TO CREATE “HYPE
That may not sound very exciting, but what the HyperEconiq Ioniq concept lacks in sheer power it makes up for with some well thought out modifications and upgrades to enhance the driving experience and improve the petrol/electric hybrid hatchback’s looks.

The Bisimoto ‘Dream’ aero package, comprising of a carbon fiber front splitter, rear wing, carbon side splitters, and rear wheel covers, is the most noticeable alteration, and here the focus has been put on lowering drag and improving downforce. The 19-inch, one-piece carbon fiber wheels by Carbon Revolution are an exercise in lightness, and they’re shod in low-rolling resistance tires. Other important enhancements include a Bisimoto pulse-chamber exhaust system for improved volumetric efficiency, enhanced e-generators, Progress Technology coilover suspension for minimized ground clearance and an optimized alignment setting, lightweight Buddy Club aluminum brake calipers, and Recaro Pole Position seats.

This build might not be what we’re used to seeing from Bisi Ezerioha – and don’t for a minute go thinking it’s Bisimoto Engineering’s focus now – but it’s an interesting look into the future of modifying all the same. Apply similar thinking to any hybrid or full electric vehicle, and it’s a pretty good place to start. That said, we wonder what SEMA 2018 and beyond will bring…

~*SiLvA MeRa*~
Riding on 17's

Postby ~*SiLvA MeRa*~ » October 13th, 2017, 11:12 am

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » October 15th, 2017, 11:52 am

I got a question. Can anyone locally overide the lighting system in this car so that the headlights work with the daytime running lights at the same time

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 15th, 2017, 1:05 pm

Shalom Vanamson wrote:I got a question. Can anyone locally overide the lighting system in this car so that the headlights work with the daytime running lights at the same time

what would be the reason to do this?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 15th, 2017, 1:45 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Shalom Vanamson wrote:I got a question. Can anyone locally overide the lighting system in this car so that the headlights work with the daytime running lights at the same time

Divali coming up.... Festival of Lights!!!!

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 15th, 2017, 2:26 pm

To be honest, As a owner I thought it would be cool to do this. But the DRLs are super bright during the day. You can spot an Ioniq in incoming traffic from far away because of them. At night, It would be a serious problem for other drivers. You can use the DRLs with the park lights if you wish at nights. They are bright enough. Not for dimly lit areas though.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » October 15th, 2017, 4:39 pm

It could peel out?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 15th, 2017, 6:25 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Because it is a bright idea .. :roll:

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 15th, 2017, 10:30 pm

mero wrote:It could peel out?

No idea. Really want to put it in Sport Mode and take off from a light but that would have to happen at night when I'm alone on the highway. And that almost never happens. It might suffer from shock to honest.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 16th, 2017, 1:21 am

snypaz wrote:Random update. Coming to the end of week four. Tomorrow will make it two weeks since the last time she got a full tank. And she still has half a tank left. Also remember I spoke about the ride height on the car? Literally got trapped in POS in flood conditions earlier this week and now I really appreciate the height. It even looks good when it's super dirty.

Would update more as they come.

Nice updates bro......Thinking about getting one.....but I sat in one in the showroom and damn the thing really low to the ground and not much headroom at all.....so I really don't see how u say it's a high ride height....
It's very low....I had problems getting out...as it's so low....

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 16th, 2017, 10:16 am

*$kїđž!™ wrote:
snypaz wrote:Random update. Coming to the end of week four. Tomorrow will make it two weeks since the last time she got a full tank. And she still has half a tank left. Also remember I spoke about the ride height on the car? Literally got trapped in POS in flood conditions earlier this week and now I really appreciate the height. It even looks good when it's super dirty.

Would update more as they come.

Nice updates bro......Thinking about getting one.....but I sat in one in the showroom and damn the thing really low to the ground and not much headroom at all.....so I really don't see how u say it's a high ride height....
It's very low....I had problems getting out...as it's so low....

I'm 6'6". And I think it's high. Ride height at least. I've parked next to a Navara at C3 recently and it was almost the same height. The car is on 17"s and your hand can go into the wheel well when cleaning. Maybe do some adjustments to the seats? I have NO issues getting in and out with space for someone to side behind me. Setting the seat position takes some time, My seats aren't all the way back. I sat in the back while my wife drove and had no issues with head room either. Mind you, I'd a small sedan. Don't expect Maybach room. Lol.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » October 16th, 2017, 10:42 am

mero wrote:It could peel out?

Important question here.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 16th, 2017, 6:25 pm

Your car sounds amazing bro but lol this can't be anywhere near the ride height of a navarra. .....that's a sedan vs pick up ride height.....Also head room was a problem for me.....guess it depends on how upright u put the seat.. to get your driving position

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 16th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Rough example of how the DRLs look at night.

Park lights and DRLs.

Low beam. No DRLs.

DRLs alone. No park lights.

You really don't need the DRLs and Low Beams together. They are super bright at night. Too bright to be paired with the headlights to be honest.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 16th, 2017, 10:37 pm

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:Your car sounds amazing bro but lol this can't be anywhere near the ride height of a navarra. .....that's a sedan vs pick up ride height.....Also head room was a problem for me.....guess it depends on how upright u put the seat.. to get your driving position

I really need to take pics of it next to small SUVs and Vans. I have one next to a friend's GLC 250 but the angle could give the wrong impression. I'd post it anyway.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » October 17th, 2017, 9:01 am

Amazing car ... but I think allu fellars getting way too carried away.
Navara ground clearance and talking about peeling out a ioniq ....

jl6106
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jl6106 » October 17th, 2017, 9:26 am

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 17th, 2017, 10:17 am

drchaos wrote:Amazing car ... but I think allu fellars getting way too carried away.

Navara ground clearance is not much anyway, if you say a hilux ground clearance well that is madness

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » October 17th, 2017, 1:40 pm

drchaos wrote:Amazing car ... but I think allu fellars getting way too carried away.

I'm on tuner because I'm a peeling out enthusiast sir.

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » October 17th, 2017, 5:56 pm

Cool-ee alert

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 17th, 2017, 8:26 pm

kjaglal76v2 wrote:

Cool-ee alert

Lash some tint on them drls.. jdm yellow bruhh

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 17th, 2017, 8:28 pm

Someone is gonna do it. Definitely not going to be me.

de_dougla_smurf
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby de_dougla_smurf » October 21st, 2017, 3:44 am

Good ched. 2 questions.

1. Super or premium?
2. What do you think are the chances against flood?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”