Forums

Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby PariaMan » November 13th, 2017, 4:13 pm

I want to check it out to .Seems like the ioniq lil more good looking but waiting to see in person

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 13th, 2017, 5:58 pm

snypaz wrote:
PariaMan wrote:The owner synspz said 15000km which is what my research says in other countries.

I know of another Ioniq owner, Who does Valencia to POS daily. Got his car after mine. Already did his first service. And Massy told him to come back in another 5000km. Now, What they changed was, Oil filter, Checked alignment, Changed the oil, Checked lines, belts, brakes ETC, I'd try to get a copy of the invoice, But I'm thinking servicing every 5000KM might be a lil too soon? Unless they probably gonna change the brakes, transmission fluid and air filter etc at 10000km, I don't really see the point of going every 5000km. We'll see.

You not gonna follow Massy 5000km schedule?
Dude please do ... it’s a new car and first year in production .... if something goes wrong you do not want the drama of the dealer telling you they not honoring the warranty. You may eventually still win but it’s not worth the months and drama you have to invest.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 13th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Sales woman Tishelle Maharaj from Hyundai T&T/Massy just confirmed the service interval is 5000km or 6 months.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 13th, 2017, 6:02 pm

So anyway there are no maintenance saving on running a Ioniq hybrid in Trinidad pariaman.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » November 13th, 2017, 7:17 pm

drchaos wrote:
snypaz wrote:
PariaMan wrote:The owner synspz said 15000km which is what my research says in other countries.

I know of another Ioniq owner, Who does Valencia to POS daily. Got his car after mine. Already did his first service. And Massy told him to come back in another 5000km. Now, What they changed was, Oil filter, Checked alignment, Changed the oil, Checked lines, belts, brakes ETC, I'd try to get a copy of the invoice, But I'm thinking servicing every 5000KM might be a lil too soon? Unless they probably gonna change the brakes, transmission fluid and air filter etc at 10000km, I don't really see the point of going every 5000km. We'll see.

Dude please do ... it’s a new car and first year in production .... if something goes wrong you do not want the drama of the dealer telling you they not honoring the warranty. You may eventually still win but it’s not worth the months and drama you have to invest.

My first service is gonna be at 5000km. This is a given. According to the service of someone who did their first, the changes were and I quote, Oil change (0W30 Castrol Edge 5 Quarts), Oil Filter, T-Oil Washer, Adjusted Ignition Timing & Engine Idle Speed, Adjusted Brakes, Checked All Fluids, Suspension Check, Checked Tyres for Unusual Wear/Damage, Checked Battery, Checked Hoses & Drive Belts. They also aligned the car apparently. Now the reason I said what I said is, And I'm not opposed to it, I just found 5000km intervals kinda close. That's just me. They didn't change the air filter, brakes, transmission fluids or anything else. I'm assuming they will at the 10000km service. Now after that service, All fluids etc should be changed and new. With that being assumed, I'd then have to go back at 15000km to change oil filter, oil change, and everything else checked? And then back at 20000km to have everything changed again? That is my issue. Now if they are insisting on 5000km changes, And according to the prices I won't mind (First service came up to $1,140). But that price won't be the same for the second. Especially without the discount. So I'd probably have done 20 services at 100000km? Seems like a lot. Now this is my first new car experience so I'm learning as I go along. As I mentioned before, I'm not opposed to it, But I'm also wondering why every 5000km when I can probably service at 8000km and get everything changed then.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 13th, 2017, 7:51 pm

Is there any approximation odometer to show how much out of that 5000 was actually gas engine under load ?

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » November 13th, 2017, 8:05 pm

There is a Gauge that shows Economical, Normal and Aggressive driving. Not sure if this applies to the Gas and Electric Engines. Currently, it reads 91% Economical and 9% Normal driving. Nothing Aggressive.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 13th, 2017, 8:13 pm

snypaz wrote:
drchaos wrote:
snypaz wrote:

My first service is gonna be at 5000km. This is a given. According to the service of someone who did their first, the changes were and I quote, Oil change (0W30 Castrol Edge 5 Quarts), Oil Filter, T-Oil Washer, Adjusted Ignition Timing & Engine Idle Speed, Adjusted Brakes, Checked All Fluids, Suspension Check, Checked Tyres for Unusual Wear/Damage, Checked Battery, Checked Hoses & Drive Belts. They also aligned the car apparently. Now the reason I said what I said is, And I'm not opposed to it, I just found 5000km intervals kinda close. That's just me. They didn't change the air filter, brakes, transmission fluids or anything else. I'm assuming they will at the 10000km service. Now after that service, All fluids etc should be changed and new. With that being assumed, I'd then have to go back at 15000km to change oil filter, oil change, and everything else checked? And then back at 20000km to have everything changed again? That is my issue. Now if they are insisting on 5000km changes, And according to the prices I won't mind (First service came up to $1,140). But that price won't be the same for the second. Especially without the discount. So I'd probably have done 20 services at 100000km? Seems like a lot. Now this is my first new car experience so I'm learning as I go along. As I mentioned before, I'm not opposed to it, But I'm also wondering why every 5000km when I can probably service at 8000km and get everything changed then.

What car dealership do is “over maintain” the vehicle to ensure no part fails. All expense paid by the customer. This is to ensure that nothing goes wrong with your vehicle so that they can hold the warranty period at minimum cost to them.
Castro’s edge is a synthetic oil. I’m sure that can go 10k easy with it but they making you buy the expensive oil and changing it at 5k. Big time robbery if you ask me.
They make their money from the maintenance.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 13th, 2017, 10:05 pm

snypaz wrote:
drchaos wrote:
snypaz wrote:

Doh stress the first 3 services will probably be Oil and filter. The Brakes should last anywhere from 20K to 40K (I have heard of Korean brakes lasting less) The airfilter sould be changed around 20K. Transmission fluid somewhere around 40K.

Once the warranty is up and you servicing outside then you should be good to go at 15K intervals as this is what Hyundai malaysia recommends and they have the same conditions as us.

Massy is just trying to make sure they don't lose money in service profits. Yes it is sad ... but to maintain your warranty they have you by the balls.

SidZ
Street 2NR

Postby SidZ » November 13th, 2017, 10:54 pm

The transmission is a dry dual clutch. So there is no oil to change.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 13th, 2017, 11:04 pm

SidZ wrote:The transmission is a dry dual clutch. So there is no oil to change.

Nope! Wrong again!

There is an engine clutch actuator fluid that has to be replaced at 45K and there is a DCT transmission fluid that needs to be changed at 90K.

These intervals are based on the Malaysian service schedule which is every 15K so may be sooner for the Massy service schedule at 5K.

The link is posted so you can inspect it for yourself.
https://www.hyundai.com.my/Maintenance.aspx

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » November 14th, 2017, 12:00 am

That's crazy to change fluids other than oil at 10000km.......Air filter also has to change like every 20000km....some companies change oil alone at 5000km and then change the filter at 10000km....bro..also u wAnna change brAkes fluid every 10000km...and transmission fluids.....come on dude don't let the stealerships fool you......

Just oil and filter bro....

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » November 14th, 2017, 12:02 am

Also buddy....your first service came up to $1140.....I bet they charged you close to.$700 in labour.....just to change your oil......when the real labour cost for oil change is $40...

A33_VQ35
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby A33_VQ35 » November 14th, 2017, 12:07 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
drchaos wrote:The Ioniq still has the same maintenance schedule as the Elantra ... The Regen braking on the Ioniq is not very aggresive so you end up still using the brake pads to stop. Also the local model still has a normal Lead acid battery.

To be clear, the lead acid battery is only for starting the gasoline motor. Not to run the electric motor. I know some people were confused by this.

Actually in the xtrail, probably the start in the morning, but generally the electric motor "turns up" the engine as it is connected to the engine via a separate clutch. Hybrid engines as I have seen do not start the way we know a conventional engine starts. There is no tumbling. It jus jumps to 1000rpm

A33_VQ35
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby A33_VQ35 » November 14th, 2017, 12:09 am

All massey servicing is @ 5000km 4 all vehicles they sell which is a rip off. I service my vw @ 15000km which is the sevice interval in the car using the same Castrol edge. Kia has a different service schedule which is about 7000km.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » November 14th, 2017, 12:26 am

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:Also buddy....your first service came up to $1140.....I bet they charged you close to.$700 in labour.....just to change your oil......when the real labour cost for oil change is $40...

$472.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » November 14th, 2017, 9:09 am

A33_VQ35 wrote:All massey servicing is @ 5000km 4 all vehicles they sell which is a rip off. I service my vw @ 15000km which is the sevice interval in the car using the same Castrol edge. Kia has a different service schedule which is about 7000km.

Also they throw in, the void warranty talk, if you don't service by them....

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 14th, 2017, 10:01 am

I have a serious question boy Pariaman ... what is with the serious hard-on you have for Hybrids/Electrics. You seem to have your head in the clouds with respect to only looking at the pluses of this new tech and completely ignoring the downsides.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 10:06 am

Well did a lot if research and it is clear that they are the vehicles of the future. The thing keeping them back right now is the cost of the battery per kWh. This is expected to fall to a range that will make the electric cheaper than to own and maintain than an ICE.

I was there for the full incorporation of computers

I would like to be part of this revolution also.

Hopefully enough pressure is bought on this government that the present savings be kept. While some sort of savings be put in place for the larger hybrids.

Therefore i hope to do my part as an advocate

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » November 14th, 2017, 10:08 am

A service at the dealer is more than simply an oil change. :roll:

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 14th, 2017, 10:32 am

pete wrote:A service at the dealer is more than simply an oil change. :roll:

The car is usually washed too!!!
:drinking:

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 10:36 am

Was talking with a rep who said they trying to negotiate with Hyundai to change the interval to match international 10000 miles

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 14th, 2017, 10:48 am

PariaMan wrote:Was talking with a rep who said they trying to negotiate with Hyundai to change the interval to match international 10000 miles

Hope this is true. But sounds like salespeople talk aka say what the customer wants to hear.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 10:51 am

Could be but I hope not seems irrational to move from 15000km to 5000km

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 14th, 2017, 11:00 am

I agree is all sales talk ... Malaysian service cycle is 15K so there is no reason it should be less, and pariaman is right these vehicles do require less maintenance when you live outside of a back water banana republic like sweet T&T.

When I spoke to the sales rep at the launch/test drive event they said they trying to get it raised to 7.5K, but when I spoke to the head of ASS (after sales service) at Massy he said he did not know of any such thing.

Now if you want to service at 15K you can and I am sure the vehicle will be fine, the only problem is if there is a warranty claim Massy will give you real hassle. You will probably have to take them to court and you will probably win. But is it worth the hassle.

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » November 14th, 2017, 11:04 am

sigh... all reasons why I would hope not to have to buy a hybrid new... or any vehicle for that matter, dealers are a trap

Street 2NR

Postby Registered User » November 14th, 2017, 11:11 am

I've experienced this 5k interval talk at both Massy and TTL for vehicles that the manual listed as being 10k and 15k service respectively. In both cases I asked for it in writing as the maintenance schedule that I was given (i.e. what's in the manual) clearly stated a different time to what they were saying. Somehow the service advisers suddenly remembered that it would be okay to service according to what the manual advises and still maintain warranty after having that conversation.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » November 14th, 2017, 11:19 am

Just gotta stand up for your rights. Good going.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 11:20 am

My experienced with Toyota and hilux was that they agreed that if I bought in full synthetic oil they will allow 10000km maintenance up from 5000km

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » November 14th, 2017, 11:47 am

PariaMan wrote:My experienced with Toyota and hilux was that they agreed that if I bought in full synthetic oil they will allow 10000km maintenance up from 5000km

That's great. But how are you SURE they not stealing your expensive oil and using the regular bulk oil they use instead. Just imagine the amount of engine wear that could occur if you run the mineral oil to the full 10,000 km, thinking that you have synthetic oil in there.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”