Forums

Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby snypaz » April 12th, 2018, 6:11 am

Depends on how you’re driving. The gas engine kicked in around 97km/h yesterday. The avg consumption from the POS to Grande and back to POS was 25.1km/l or 59mpg. Smooth ride. AC was on the entire trip.

SimSimmer69
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SimSimmer69 » April 12th, 2018, 10:11 am

PariaMan wrote:I find it much better looking than the niro

Not a huge fan of either car but I think the Niro looks better. Just my opinion.

SimSimmer69
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SimSimmer69 » April 12th, 2018, 10:12 am

Just a question. Are you allowed to change the rims on the Ioniq?

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » April 12th, 2018, 10:49 am

SimSimmer69 wrote:
PariaMan wrote:I find it much better looking than the niro

Not a huge fan of either car but I think the Niro looks better. Just my opinion.
I hear you ,

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » April 12th, 2018, 12:17 pm

I cant recall with regards to accelerating, but i have noticed sometimes i'm driving on the highway and i'm only using the battery at a high speed.

but you press the gas pedal easy to achieve that or my foot just too heavy? XD

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » April 12th, 2018, 12:23 pm

SimSimmer69 wrote:Just a question. Are you allowed to change the rims on the Ioniq?

You can, but most likely void the warranty. I mean you won't find anyone putting 20"s on a Hybrid. But you never know.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » April 12th, 2018, 12:33 pm

st7 wrote:I cant recall with regards to accelerating, but i have noticed sometimes i'm driving on the highway and i'm only using the battery at a high speed.

but you press the gas pedal easy to achieve that or my foot just too heavy? XD

I was pressing gently. I was in no rush and I never am. Lol.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 12th, 2018, 7:26 pm

snypaz wrote:
SimSimmer69 wrote:Just a question. Are you allowed to change the rims on the Ioniq?

You can, but most likely void the warranty. I mean you won't find anyone putting 20"s on a Hybrid. But you never know.

They can't just void your warranty for changing the RIMS.

On the Civic ANSA said the Manufacturer offers the vehicle with 16's (vehicle comes with 16's) and 17's So I can use up to 17 without asking them ... If I want to go larger I can discuss it with them to see if they would allow it and they can advise me on tires.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 12th, 2018, 7:57 pm

It's all talk until you really have to make a claim on an something under warranty and then you know

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » April 12th, 2018, 7:57 pm

Well I doubt if I were to change rims I'd go with the stock size. Most likely 18"s. That's why I think they'd have a problem with. I was actually considering lowering it about an 1.5" inches but probably won't.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 12th, 2018, 10:00 pm

kamakazi wrote:It's all talk until you really have to make a claim on an something under warranty and then you know

If you so worried just keep your old tires and rims ... You doh hadda be a rocket scientist to realize you can just change back to stock before you take the car back to the dealer.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » April 13th, 2018, 7:53 pm

snypaz wrote:

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » April 13th, 2018, 10:03 pm

The rims are part of what helps achieve the mpg not so? Less wind resistance or something so...

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 13th, 2018, 11:22 pm

Morpheus wrote:The rims are part of what helps achieve the mpg not so? Less wind resistance or something so...

Smaller rims actually improve fuel economy and make the car faster! So dropping down to light weight, covered rims will make the car uber efficient.

tony125
Riding on 13's

Postby tony125 » April 14th, 2018, 10:36 am

snypaz wrote:
jhonnieblue wrote:Nope I don't believe any of them have that feature

The model for $215k does have the option. I wish mine did.

Late reply, but can confirm that the $215k version does not have those features unfortunately. On another note passed 20,000 km and no major issues.

mazdatt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mazdatt » April 14th, 2018, 12:00 pm

tony125 wrote:Late reply, but can confirm that the $215k version does not have those features unfortunately. On another note passed 20,000 km and no major issues.
Any issues minor issues?

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » April 25th, 2018, 7:28 pm

Just a quick observation today. Under your km range remaining there is a semi circle that lights up green when you're accelerating from a full stop and stays green. When you take your foot off that gas pedal and begin to slow down it lights blue and when you come to a complete stop it lights white

mazdatt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mazdatt » April 26th, 2018, 8:10 am

Ioniq price increased to $189k

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » April 27th, 2018, 7:38 am

snypaz wrote:Image

Remember what I was saying about the EV mode working at speeds not mentioned by the manufacturer? Well over 55km/h. And still accelerating.

I don’t usually use the phone while driving, But I had to share.

Take win with that!
Fastest I can go with the Prius in EV is 78km/h

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » April 27th, 2018, 3:21 pm

i'm having the most peculiar thing happening with me. i filled up monday and estimated 930km... i drove about 32km and the estimation gradually went down to 840km. at this rate i might get 600km or less from the trip!

i not too sure if i driving like a pleb or what cause i never see a degradation this bad.

how allyuh does start up/drive etc?

SidZ
Street 2NR

Postby SidZ » April 28th, 2018, 6:36 am

st7 wrote:i'm having the most peculiar thing happening with me. i filled up monday and estimated 930km... i drove about 32km and the estimation gradually went down to 840km. at this rate i might get 600km or less from the trip!

i not too sure if i driving like a pleb or what cause i never see a degradation this bad.

Thats normal. Its based on how u drive, distance traffic etc. It happens to me. I do lots of short runs in traffic, some hard accelerations but on the highway it improves. The last time I filled up my range was 850km, i drove for about 50km that day when I checked my range was 840.

tony125
Riding on 13's

Postby tony125 » May 3rd, 2018, 8:47 am

mazdatt wrote:
tony125 wrote:Late reply, but can confirm that the $215k version does not have those features unfortunately. On another note passed 20,000 km and no major issues.
Any issues minor issues?

Other than having to get the brake line bled out at my last service due a squeaking noise I was getting when pressing a hard brakes- done under warranty . No nothing, cars works fine everyday. Only complaints i would make is that the A.C. likes to do what it wants when I first turn it on for the day and that the car gets confused between the motor and engine when trying to slowly go up a steep hill. Took some practice to get used to. Besides that I've gotten some instances (2-3) with an error msg randomly popping up. But those all cleared on their own and haven't led to any further issues.

gottaluvness69
Ricer

Postby gottaluvness69 » May 3rd, 2018, 8:59 am

st7 wrote:i'm having the most peculiar thing happening with me. i filled up monday and estimated 930km... i drove about 32km and the estimation gradually went down to 840km. at this rate i might get 600km or less from the trip!

I filled up last week and got the worse range ever (840km). It's usually in the 900s so I thought something was wrong. Nothing was. I've drive around 400km now and there's 540km left on the range. And yes the range goes up and down depending on your driving. I do a mix of highway runs, POS traffic and Non-AC driving to get the best mileage as possible. I'm also never in a hurry but there are moments now where I actually speed a little to feel how responsive the car is. Second service coming up as well. I'm also noticing the EV mode working at speeds over 90km/h on the highways. I appreciate this very much.

gottaluvness69
Ricer

Postby gottaluvness69 » May 3rd, 2018, 9:00 am

And yes the AC does like to it's own thing when you start up. I'm assuming this has to do with the temperature outside of the car.

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Work_to_own » May 3rd, 2018, 2:01 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:Hybrid drivers, recently had the chance to drive a Toyota hybrid and to me it seems like the engine switches on if i even breathe too hard on the pedal, even on a full charge.
Had to pull off like a golf cart for it to stay in EV mode and then gradually roll along to get to 30-40kph. Almost any increase in pedal prompted the engine to cut in. Is this how hybrids operate generally or is that specific to the Toyota (fielder in this case).

Contemplating a Niro or a Ioniq but this seems pointless if i have to drive like that.
Every Hybrid is different. It's not the same as each manufacturer uses different technologies.

I have a vezel and to pull off in ev mode is a pain. After about 20km/hr the engine will kick it. I CAN get it to stay in ev mode if I want but I'll just be causing a lot of traffic.

I have maintained 70-80km/hr in ev mode.

I've also noticed that the vezel battery seems to be a lot smallie than other hybrids . You can't drive far on ev mode. But the battery recharges very quickly.

For the vezel, keeping in ev mode is dependent on how to mash the pedal . Your driving style has to change from the conventional car.

Learning to coast is important.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » May 3rd, 2018, 6:10 pm

Work_to_own wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:Hybrid drivers, recently had the chance to drive a Toyota hybrid and to me it seems like the engine switches on if i even breathe too hard on the pedal, even on a full charge.
Had to pull off like a golf cart for it to stay in EV mode and then gradually roll along to get to 30-40kph. Almost any increase in pedal prompted the engine to cut in. Is this how hybrids operate generally or is that specific to the Toyota (fielder in this case).

Contemplating a Niro or a Ioniq but this seems pointless if i have to drive like that.
Every Hybrid is different. It's not the same as each manufacturer uses different technologies.

I have a vezel and to pull off in ev mode is a pain. After about 20km/hr the engine will kick it. I CAN get it to stay in ev mode if I want but I'll just be causing a lot of traffic.

I have maintained 70-80km/hr in ev mode.

I've also noticed that the vezel battery seems to be a lot smallie than other hybrids . You can't drive far on ev mode. But the battery recharges very quickly.

For the vezel, keeping in ev mode is dependent on how to mash the pedal . Your driving style has to change from the conventional car.

Learning to coast is important.

Thanks for the feedback. This reflects my experience with now 2 Toyotas. Will try the Koreans but for the moment, it seems a hybrid is not for me.

I have neither the self control nor the desire to baby a vehicle that much or to drive that way. I'm a pedal to the metal kinda person.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » May 3rd, 2018, 6:40 pm

Expect gas prices to keep riding with global fluctuating prices. The mechanism for fixed gas prices is being altered and should role out by next budget. So with the present rise international gas prices , fully expect to pay more attention the pump. That's when hybdrid techand electric vehicles will prove to be even more advantageous

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » May 7th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Waiting to hear the pricing on this.

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » May 7th, 2018, 1:47 pm

$240k low spec
$270k fully loaded

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby dredman1 » May 20th, 2018, 1:31 pm

Question for the Ioniq owners.

What does the owner's manual say about the recommended (gas) engine break in method/distance?

I gather if the car drives a lot in traffic it will be mainly in EV mode, so the engine will only start up mainly to charge the battery for short periods, where it is under minimal load, while the odometer still ticks over.

So how does the break in period work in a hybrid, and how does one know when its eventually ok to use sport mode and give the car a couple runs to redline?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”