Forums

Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 10:00 pm

Exactly but don't the dealers follow the recommendations of the manufacturers who should be absorbing some of the cost to fix vehicles under warranty?

gabrielgoes
Riding on 13's

Postby gabrielgoes » November 15th, 2017, 3:59 am

Ibis Electronics wrote:
gabrielgoes wrote:
sMASH wrote:But usually cng takes 14 to fill. So multiply that by 8.5 and u get $119, which is how much cng to get 850 KM.
And I usually am Frugal with the gasoline, so a full tank is like 8000 KM to refill and it takes like $150.
So that is like $15 per 800 KM.

So 119 in cng and 15 in gasoline per 850 KM. 134 per 800 KM in cng/gasoline bifuel.

But that is at present cng price. They may double it some time, not now but in a timing.

Hi everyone!

I am a new Ioniq buyer. My last car was a 2016 Honda City CNG, good car but...well where do I have to start? lot of buts...Affordable? Yes. I can second this statement as true! POS-SFDO-POS with 14 TTD, no better! My new Ioniq will be on hands next Friday, so hopefully, I will be able to speak more properly about gasoline consumption.

City CNG is a middle size car with a trunk of a Nissan Match, more or less. And it costed 204k with cheap plastics and bore features.

The Ioniq is for sure very very far away better in terms of luxury and features.

Wasn't the city 156k at launch? When did it get to 204k??? :/

156k was probably at launch. The basic of mine was 175k plus the "extras" (3 yr. Service, insurance, etc.) the total hire price was 204k. BTW, those 3 yr. Extras were not recognised for the writing off payment.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » November 15th, 2017, 5:59 am

Based on local conditions and fuels 5k interval of an oil change and service is best.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 15th, 2017, 6:30 am

Would just like to know if people who say that did the required oil analysis?

Also how come countries like Australia which is way hitter than Trinidad in some place,Think desert, have extended interval of oil change that are higher than Trinidad

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 15th, 2017, 7:40 pm

PariaMan wrote:Would just like to know if people who say that did the required oil analysis?

Also how come countries like Australia which is way hitter than Trinidad in some place,Think desert, have extended interval of oil change that are higher than Trinidad

Dry heat is different from Humid heat. Also the populated part of Australia is much further from the equator than we are.
Sydney this time of year is around low 20 ties and humidity is 50 to 70% while T&T is high 20 ties and humidity is in the 90+ percent.

Malaysia is a better match of our climate.
Last edited by drchaos on November 15th, 2017, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 15th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Ok I hear you

What about oil analysis? On what are we basing the need for 5000km oil changes?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 15th, 2017, 7:51 pm

PariaMan wrote:Ok I hear you

What about oil analysis? On what are we basing the need for 5000km oil changes?

Boss is pure profit ...

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 15th, 2017, 8:47 pm

snypaz wrote:Idk if I trust Kia and their service dept with a Hybrid. LOL. But I'd love to see the reviews locally if someone gets one. I'm not sure of the price, But ti's supposed to be a lil bigger than the Ioniq.

Hadda be crazy to buy anything from kia at all.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » November 15th, 2017, 9:13 pm

Based on vehicles that come into the garage that were doing the long term service either from the dealor or otherwise sludge buildup and wear on the engine was excessive for actual mileage shown on odometer.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 15th, 2017, 10:00 pm

Did they have a service history so you could see all the times they serviced or you depended on their word?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 16th, 2017, 7:43 am

PariaMan wrote:With a pinch of salt. The rep I spoke to said it was Hyundai the manufacturers who insisted on the 5000km service interval because of local.conditions

They are Lying! Plain and simple ... when you look at most car manufacturers they have service schedules normal and severe condition.

The industry standard for severe conditions is always half of mileage of the normal service mileage

So the Ioniq should be no less than 7500km

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » November 17th, 2017, 7:41 am

The styling is starting to grow on me, I initially didn’t like the front view but feedback to date has been generally positive. Naturally over time we will get a better sense of reliability post warranty. I kinda concur that hybrid/electric is where the industry is headed, it’s just a matter of when you decide to jump on that train. 3rd world markets like ours will always have gas and diesel options as we are always last to invest in infrastructure to support alternative energy, just look at the CNG grid after almost 15 years of introduction.

Anyways back to the Ioniq, a well equipped car with all the tech and comfort needed for your day to day driving, once the looks grow on you.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 17th, 2017, 7:56 am

greggle71 wrote:The styling is starting to grow on me, I initially didn’t like the front view but feedback to date has been generally positive. Naturally over time we will get a better sense of reliability post warranty. I kinda concur that hybrid/electric is where the industry is headed, it’s just a matter of when you decide to jump on that train. 3rd world markets like ours will always have gas and diesel options as we are always last to invest in infrastructure to support alternative energy, just look at the CNG grid after almost 15 years of introduction.

Anyways back to the Ioniq, a well equipped car with all the tech and comfort needed for your day to day driving, once the looks grow on you.

like you thinking bout buying another dual clutch car? :lol:

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » November 17th, 2017, 8:36 am

drchaos wrote:
greggle71 wrote:The styling is starting to grow on me, I initially didn’t like the front view but feedback to date has been generally positive. Naturally over time we will get a better sense of reliability post warranty. I kinda concur that hybrid/electric is where the industry is headed, it’s just a matter of when you decide to jump on that train. 3rd world markets like ours will always have gas and diesel options as we are always last to invest in infrastructure to support alternative energy, just look at the CNG grid after almost 15 years of introduction.

like you thinking bout buying another dual clutch car? :lol:

Hahaha! Man I jumpy on reliability period. I always planned on switching to a hybrid on my next purchase. My preference is SUV due to bigger family though but options are limited, euros starting to jump out of my affordability range.

gabrielgoes
Riding on 13's

Postby gabrielgoes » November 17th, 2017, 12:49 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
snypaz wrote:Idk if I trust Kia and their service dept with a Hybrid. LOL. But I'd love to see the reviews locally if someone gets one. I'm not sure of the price, But ti's supposed to be a lil bigger than the Ioniq.

Hadda be crazy to buy anything from kia at all.

And...Kia Niro uses exactly the same motor than Ioniq...I'd still rather prefer Hyunday anyway.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » November 17th, 2017, 6:16 pm

Can someone remind me what the warranty on the Ioniq is? Battery and drivetrain warranty separate?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 17th, 2017, 10:11 pm

Sorry to go off topic... but has anyone got any info on the local Euro car dealerships and their introduction of Hybrids to our market?

SidZ
Street 2NR

Postby SidZ » November 17th, 2017, 11:50 pm

drchaos wrote:
SidZ wrote:The transmission is a dry dual clutch. So there is no oil to change.

Nope! Wrong again!

There is an engine clutch actuator fluid that has to be replaced at 45K and there is a DCT transmission fluid that needs to be changed at 90K.

These intervals are based on the Malaysian service schedule which is every 15K so may be sooner for the Massy service schedule at 5K.

The link is posted so you can inspect it for yourself.
https://www.hyundai.com.my/Maintenance.aspx

Thanks for this info...
Massy giving a general service schedule and thr ioniq not included.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » November 18th, 2017, 1:05 am

drchaos wrote:
PariaMan wrote:With a pinch of salt. The rep I spoke to said it was Hyundai the manufacturers who insisted on the 5000km service interval because of local.conditions

They are Lying! Plain and simple ... when you look at most car manufacturers they have service schedules normal and severe condition.

The industry standard for severe conditions is always half of mileage of the normal service mileage

So the Ioniq should be no less than 7500km

As a customer, one should be able to ask the dealer to see the official correspondence from the manufacturer to them stating this.

If the manufacturer has fact insisted on that interval, then the dealer and their reps should be more than willing to show this to you.

If they start to change their tone and give excuses on why they can't show you where this was insisted on, then you could probably safely assume they trying to pull wool over your eyes.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » November 18th, 2017, 1:10 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:Can someone remind me what the warranty on the Ioniq is? Battery and drivetrain warranty separate?

Engine/drivetrain etc - is 3 years / 100,000km whichever comes first. The warranty on the lithium ion battery that powers the electric motor is 10 years.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 18th, 2017, 10:15 am

Gladiator wrote:Sorry to go off topic... but has anyone got any info on the local Euro car dealerships and their introduction of Hybrids to our market?

The only euro hybrid I know of is Volvo with the hybrid XC90 on special order from Massy.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » November 28th, 2017, 6:54 pm

Today I saw the first Kia Nero on the road. HDS 1*** I think. Black. It isn't very big. Probably the same size as the Ioniq or maybe a little taller? Need to park next to one. Hopefully soon.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » November 28th, 2017, 7:08 pm

snypaz wrote:Today I saw the first Kia Nero on the road. HDS 1*** I think. Black. It isn't very big. Probably the same size as the Ioniq or maybe a little taller? Need to park next to one. Hopefully soon.

A coworker has one...its suv size bro...not a sedan....cant compare ride height and size to an ioniq...
Ioniq is lower..
Totally different class....
I think u should get a revo to maximise ride height bro...

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » November 28th, 2017, 9:14 pm

Love when trinis see little bitty crossover class vehicles and bawl SUV.

Same Ioniq chassis but SUV size? Just a taller car bro.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » November 28th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Yeah its a crossover...
http://www.autotrader.ca/expert/2017071 ... -kia-niro/

Both seem pretty awesome.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » December 12th, 2017, 8:42 pm

Is anyone hearing a rackling and a clicking sound by the driver's side?

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » December 16th, 2017, 6:27 am

Shalom Vanamson wrote:Is anyone hearing a rackling and a clicking sound by the driver's side?

Haven't heard anything like that. Maybe something is loose?

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » December 16th, 2017, 6:32 am

4000KM Update. The car is still amazing. It really does love the highway. Over the past week I've done about 250km on quarter tank. I cannot complain about the gas mileage, the comfort or the silence and presence. Looking to service around Early January? If there are any other Ioniq owners here, Please PM me. Thanks.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 20th, 2017, 10:17 am

Interested in buying this vehicle.

I'm wondering how much is Massy charging for the servicing?

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » December 20th, 2017, 11:52 am

First service cost $1200 and change.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”