Forums

Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

st7
punchin NOS

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby st7 » January 1st, 2018, 7:03 pm

How has the visibility been for driving for those with the car? Does the front right pillar create a large blind spot?

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » January 2nd, 2018, 10:23 am

this ioniq making Massy name in TT

mazdatt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mazdatt » January 2nd, 2018, 10:36 am

st7 wrote:How has the visibility been for driving for those with the car? Does the front right pillar create a large blind spot?

No issues with visibility to the front. The rear is more of an issue but rear reverse camera compensates for it.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 7th, 2018, 8:00 pm

Nice. Took a look at it recently. It isn't bad in front - although the back will take getting use to

mazdatt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mazdatt » January 7th, 2018, 8:48 pm

What fuel economy you all getting for highway runs? I am currently getting 4.1l/100km.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » January 8th, 2018, 5:29 pm

Getting average 28KM/L which is about 3.6l/100km.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » January 9th, 2018, 1:42 pm

When you now rolling out first thing in the morning, does the engine start up or can you keep it on full electric (assuming you rolling slow)

turboturnsmeon2
3NE 2NR for life

Postby turboturnsmeon2 » January 9th, 2018, 5:58 pm

I have one a little over three weeks now, the engine does start but only after i begin reversing out of the garage (rolling about 10ft).

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » January 10th, 2018, 7:49 am

Kronik wrote:When you now rolling out first thing in the morning, does the engine start up or can you keep it on full electric (assuming you rolling slow)

Car will start in Electric mode, Gas engine will come on for about 15secs then it will cut off. My experience at least.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » January 10th, 2018, 9:29 am

snypaz wrote:
Kronik wrote:When you now rolling out first thing in the morning, does the engine start up or can you keep it on full electric (assuming you rolling slow)

Car will start in Electric mode, Gas engine will come on for about 15secs then it will cut off. My experience at least.

Ok cool, why I ask is that I live about 3 mins from work, so it wouldn't make sense if the engine on for that time period. If I do buy one I may have to full up once every few months, because currently I full up every 2 weeks with a 1.8 turbo vehicle that burns plenty gas.

Wondering if they gonna bring the full electric version down here

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » January 10th, 2018, 9:42 pm

Kronik wrote:
snypaz wrote:

Ok cool, why I ask is that I live about 3 mins from work, so it wouldn't make sense if the engine on for that time period. If I do buy one I may have to full up once every few months, because currently I full up every 2 weeks with a 1.8 turbo vehicle that burns plenty gas.

Wondering if they gonna bring the full electric version down here

If you live 3 mins from work bro you should just walk it... ultimate fuel economy!!!

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » January 11th, 2018, 8:44 am

If you live 3 mins from work bro you should just walk it... ultimate fuel economy!!!

3 Minutes driving @ 80km/h is a 40 min walk

The engine has to come on every so often to charge the car.
EV mode may give you about 2-3km of range.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » January 11th, 2018, 2:53 pm

DJ Q wrote:

3 Minutes driving @ 80km/h is a 40 min walk

The engine has to come on every so often to charge the car.
EV mode may give you about 2-3km of range.

Correct, the driving is fast, but the walk would be a lot longer.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » January 22nd, 2018, 10:47 am

First Service Update. Made a appointment at Automotive Components Limited in O'Meara Industrial Estate on Saturday. Appt was 7:30am, Arrived at 7am. Was given the the 3rd slot, But was he first Ioniq. They started working on the car at 8am sharp. Car was finished at 9:25am. They changed the engine oil, Changed the oil filter, Inspected the Air Filter (It was basically new), Engine Coolant, Brake Fluid, Drive Belts, Also checked for any leaks, Unusual wear on the tyres, Checked the alignment (perfect) and made sure everything was tight and sorted. They even checked the Air Condition. They asked if I had any issues with the vehicle, And was very helpful. Clean bill of health. Total cost, $989.13 with a 15% discount. Paid with Massy Points. Honestly, The service there was amazing. I ended up leaving at 10:30am because they gave me a Free Wash and Vacuum but rain kept them back. Which I had no issue with.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » January 22nd, 2018, 11:11 am

Thats an expensive oil change bro...thats the typical service....inspection of fluids and belts....honestly thats a DIY...but glad u enjoyed rhd experience.... i too serviced by the stealerships until i realised its a big rip off.

loromo
3NE 2NR for life

Postby loromo » January 22nd, 2018, 11:49 am

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:Thats an expensive oil change bro...thats the typical service....inspection of fluids and belts....honestly thats a DIY...but glad u enjoyed rhd experience.... i too serviced by the stealerships until i realised its a big rip off.

Totally agree....
From my experience they even replaced my engine cover with the older model ( Subaru Forester), filled too much oil and then telling me that is not bad.....crazy people, steering a bit off enter and ever time I carry it back they say it fix.....but it not... fed up with them and very poor skills and knowledge.
Doing all maintenance for myself from now....and enjoy doing it.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » January 22nd, 2018, 12:13 pm

Nothing is more enjoyable than doing ur own service. I think Snypaz, just doing it by the stealership, as is a new vehicle and to keep "some kind" of warranty.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 22nd, 2018, 4:57 pm

snypaz wrote:First Service Update. Made a appointment at Automotive Components Limited in O'Meara Industrial Estate on Saturday. Appt was 7:30am, Arrived at 7am. Was given the the 3rd slot, But was he first Ioniq. They started working on the car at 8am sharp. Car was finished at 9:25am. They changed the engine oil, Changed the oil filter, Inspected the Air Filter (It was basically new), Engine Coolant, Brake Fluid, Drive Belts, Also checked for any leaks, Unusual wear on the tyres, Checked the alignment (perfect) and made sure everything was tight and sorted. They even checked the Air Condition. They asked if I had any issues with the vehicle, And was very helpful. Clean bill of health. Total cost, $989.13 with a 15% discount. Paid with Massy Points. Honestly, The service there was amazing. I ended up leaving at 10:30am because they gave me a Free Wash and Vacuum but rain kept them back. Which I had no issue with.

Sounds promising. Hopefully other support branches were as courteous as those guys.

Bess i sign up for a massy card oui

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 30th, 2018, 9:30 am

picked up my car yesterday! loving it so far of course.

Even got the option of getting the purchase as points on a massy card so basically free service! lol

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 30th, 2018, 9:35 am

st7 wrote:
snypaz wrote:First Service Update. Made a appointment at Automotive Components Limited in O'Meara Industrial Estate on Saturday. Appt was 7:30am, Arrived at 7am. Was given the the 3rd slot, But was he first Ioniq. They started working on the car at 8am sharp. Car was finished at 9:25am. They changed the engine oil, Changed the oil filter, Inspected the Air Filter (It was basically new), Engine Coolant, Brake Fluid, Drive Belts, Also checked for any leaks, Unusual wear on the tyres, Checked the alignment (perfect) and made sure everything was tight and sorted. They even checked the Air Condition. They asked if I had any issues with the vehicle, And was very helpful. Clean bill of health. Total cost, $989.13 with a 15% discount. Paid with Massy Points. Honestly, The service there was amazing. I ended up leaving at 10:30am because they gave me a Free Wash and Vacuum but rain kept them back. Which I had no issue with.

Sounds promising. Hopefully other support branches were as courteous as those guys.

What's the price now ?

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » January 30th, 2018, 2:10 pm

st7 wrote:picked up my car yesterday! loving it so far of course.

Even got the option of getting the purchase as points on a massy card so basically free service! lol

Enjoy it in good health.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » January 30th, 2018, 2:13 pm

PariaMan wrote:
st7 wrote:

What's the price now ?

$185K? I'd have to confirm with my rep.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 30th, 2018, 9:02 pm

185k still

Btw, i know $10 = 1 point, how much points is worth 1$?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 31st, 2018, 12:37 am

Do you know what oil was used. On another note... If you reading of what they did from the bill... Most of those things are generic items that are put on the receipt... If you saw when they did it... That is different

SidZ
Street 2NR

Postby SidZ » February 1st, 2018, 8:17 am

Massy Service using Castrol... charing $90 plus for a qtr... at that price better carrying your own amsoil.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » February 1st, 2018, 9:18 am

SidZ wrote:Massy Service using Castrol... charing $90 plus for a qtr... at that price better carrying your own amsoil.

Fuh real!

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » February 1st, 2018, 9:20 am

SidZ wrote:Massy Service using Castrol... charing $90 plus for a qtr... at that price better carrying your own amsoil.
But how will you know for sure they using your amsoil

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » February 1st, 2018, 9:21 am

A33_VQ35
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby A33_VQ35 » February 1st, 2018, 9:24 am

Massy uses Castrol on nearly all their vehicles...

SidZ
Street 2NR

Postby SidZ » February 1st, 2018, 11:13 pm

PariaMan wrote:

I will pull d dip stick before leaving the compound. If u look at both oils u can tell the difference. Even the massy salesman advised me to carry my own oil.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”