Forums

Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby DJ Q » February 15th, 2018, 4:10 pm

So it's been 10 days since I picked up my Prius.
This is a great opportunity to compare.
Granted my car is 4 years old, it'll be great to hold a comparison between cars.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » February 16th, 2018, 8:28 pm

DJ Q wrote:So it's been 10 days since I picked up my Prius.
Granted my car is 4 years old, it'll be great to hold a comparison between cars.
Hey bro there is a prius / aqua thread..it would be great if you can post your reviews on your prius there as those interested in this car like myself would get some feedback from you

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » February 16th, 2018, 11:18 pm

Ioniq vs Rio vs Prius

was interesting and entertaining to watch.

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » February 19th, 2018, 11:02 am

*$kїđž!™ wrote:
DJ Q wrote:So it's been 10 days since I picked up my Prius.
Hey bro there is a prius / aqua thread..it would be great if you can post your reviews on your prius there as those interested in this car like myself would get some feedback from you

Just found the thread.
Added my contribution.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » February 19th, 2018, 10:18 pm

Great contribution bro...awaitz pics of your awesome ride

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » February 20th, 2018, 10:33 am

snypaz wrote:
mazdatt wrote:The Ioniq definitely has unique value when you look at the TCO (total cost of ownership) over a 3-5year period and fact that you pay zero VAT and MVT. I personally know several persons with Hyundai's and had no major issues but still interested in getting feedback from persons that drive the vehicle on a day to day basis to see if it lives up to the hype.

It does. Right now, The car averages 800-850km on a tank. I'm at the gas station once every three weeks. Gas savings alone make this car so amazing. Hey tonight I went POS to UWI on the electric motor alone cause of traffic with AC on. No complaints from me.

How much does it cost to fill the tank?
I got 880 to $159 on my first fill up with the Prius.
It took me a while to find back this post honestly.
But I've always had a question with this claim. I'm sorry but I don't understand how you can travel that distance on EV mode alone.
According to Google Maps that's a 17.3KM run. Using the stats on wikipedia, I can't see a 1.56KWh battery providing enough energy to do that. Especially since the plug in version of the Ioniq uses an 8.9KWh battery to achieve 50 km of EV travel.

I'm not trying to accuse you of lying, just saying maybe it's so quiet you didn't realize when it was starting and stopping.

mazdatt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mazdatt » February 20th, 2018, 5:09 pm

With the Ioniq I get around 900km with $144 in gas.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » February 20th, 2018, 6:43 pm

mazdatt wrote:With the Ioniq I get around 900km with $144 in gas.

With one bar I usually get around 950km at $145.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » February 20th, 2018, 6:49 pm

DJ Q wrote:
snypaz wrote:
mazdatt wrote:The Ioniq definitely has unique value when you look at the TCO (total cost of ownership) over a 3-5year period and fact that you pay zero VAT and MVT. I personally know several persons with Hyundai's and had no major issues but still interested in getting feedback from persons that drive the vehicle on a day to day basis to see if it lives up to the hype.

It does. Right now, The car averages 800-850km on a tank. I'm at the gas station once every three weeks. Gas savings alone make this car so amazing. Hey tonight I went POS to UWI on the electric motor alone cause of traffic with AC on. No complaints from me.

How much does it cost to fill the tank?
I got 880 to $159 on my first fill up with the Prius.
It took me a while to find back this post honestly.
But I've always had a question with this claim. I'm sorry but I don't understand how you can travel that distance on EV mode alone.
According to Google Maps that's a 17.3KM run. Using the stats on wikipedia, I can't see a 1.56KWh battery providing enough energy to do that. Especially since the plug in version of the Ioniq uses an 8.9KWh battery to achieve 50 km of EV travel.

I'm not trying to accuse you of lying, just saying maybe it's so quiet you didn't realize when it was starting and stopping.

Ok let me explain. As the Ioniq owners might know by now, IF the battery is charged to around 66%, The car won't charge itself unless it's around 20%. I'm basing this off of my own experience. I do not accelerate quickly, I take off slowly so the car stays in EV mode unless I go over 50km/h. While braking the car charges itself. By the time I do encounter traffic at Valsayn/Curepe, I have enough battery to sit in traffic without the car using the gas engine. IF I don't use AC, The car has NO need to recharge itself in traffic whatsoever. (Most times I switch the AC on and off cause I can't take the temps). It's very possible.

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » February 21st, 2018, 10:00 am

I understand what you're saying because it's the same in the Prius; traffic & no A/C = no running engine almost indefinitely.
It's just difficult to believe that happened for 17 km.

Call me a skeptic.
Still think it's a great car.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » February 21st, 2018, 4:22 pm

idk if it's me but when i outside of the car, i find the engine is loud or causes something to rattle on the right side. you all experience that as well?

Will try to take a video

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » February 22nd, 2018, 7:48 am

I don't think it's too loud. I also think its loud compared to how quiet the car usually is. If you think something is vibrating though... Check to make sure.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » February 23rd, 2018, 4:58 pm

any recommended car washes? not sure if the polish/wax they use on the dashboard will be good for it.

SidZ
Street 2NR

Postby SidZ » March 5th, 2018, 8:43 am

kamakazi wrote:
SidZ wrote:
PariaMan wrote:
SidZ wrote:Massy Service using Castrol... charing $90 plus for a qtr... at that price better carrying your own amsoil.
But how will you know for sure they using your amsoil

I will pull d dip stick before leaving the compound. If u look at both oils u can tell the difference. Even the massy salesman advised me to carry my own oil.
Lol.. If you could tell the difference like that you real good. The only way I see that method working is if your oil is coloured differently... Like Royal purple or liqui moly mos2. Some amount of used oil is going to remain in your engine after draining and it will mix with your new oil upon starting. Depending on how dark the old oil got, your new oil will get darker.
Good luck with that method

I just serviced at Massy & carried amsoil. I saw when they took the gallon bottle out of the car and poured it into the engine. I stood right by the start of the service bay and was able to see my car directly.

Btw u can tell the difference between castrol & amsoil.

turboturnsmeon2
3NE 2NR for life

Postby turboturnsmeon2 » March 5th, 2018, 11:09 am

@Sidz, what was the cost of the amsoil ? I am due to service in 400 km an would prefer to carry my own oil.
Did you let them know when making the appointment that you would be bring your own oil ?

SidZ
Street 2NR

Postby SidZ » March 5th, 2018, 3:20 pm

turboturnsmeon2 wrote:@Sidz, what was the cost of the amsoil ? I am due to service in 400 km an would prefer to carry my own oil.
Did you let them know when making the appointment that you would be bring your own oil ?

I paid 292 for a gallon of the 0w30 signature series, much better than paying 95 a qtr from massy. I did mention it when I made the appointment but on the actual day when you go in make sure and inform the service advisor you brought your own oil.

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cryotec » March 6th, 2018, 10:27 am

SidZ wrote:
turboturnsmeon2 wrote:@Sidz, what was the cost of the amsoil ? I am due to service in 400 km an would prefer to carry my own oil.

I paid 292 for a gallon of the 0w30 signature series, much better than paying 95 a qtr from massy. I did mention it when I made the appointment but on the actual day when you go in make sure and inform the service advisor you brought your own oil.

Is it possible to bring all parts (oil/oil filter/air filter/cabin filter/ coolant/brake fluid etc.) elsewhere and just pay for the servicing fee? or is bringing in your oil the only thing they allow?

steverandolph
3NE 2NR for life

Postby steverandolph » March 6th, 2018, 11:00 am

cryotec wrote:
SidZ wrote:

Is it possible to bring all parts (oil/oil filter/air filter/cabin filter/ coolant/brake fluid etc.) elsewhere and just pay for the servicing fee? or is bringing in your oil the only thing they allow?

Fellas doh get vex eh but these are questions that should have been asked BEFORE the car was purchased since service cost not cheap. Don't let the new car smell and slick talking sales person fool you. Learn to think ahead killas.

SidZ
Street 2NR

Postby SidZ » March 6th, 2018, 7:38 pm

cryotec wrote:
SidZ wrote:

The oil filter is less than tt$100v.i. so i paid for theirs. They will allow your own oil once its 0w30. My filters are clean still @ 10K. The air filter part # is on it. Its cheap online. So i plan to change it myself before the next service. Same thing with brakes whenever it needs changing, myself.

SidZ
Street 2NR

Postby SidZ » March 6th, 2018, 7:40 pm

steverandolph wrote:
cryotec wrote:
SidZ wrote:

Fellas doh get vex eh but these are questions that should have been asked BEFORE the car was purchased since service cost not cheap. Don't let the new car smell and slick talking sales person fool you. Learn to think ahead killas.

Agreed. Even for a roll on roll off or take an experienced person you trust with you.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » March 21st, 2018, 4:36 pm

All electric Ioniq... My body is ready.
IMG-20180321-WA0028.jpg
IMG-20180321-WA0027.jpg
IMG-20180321-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20180321-WA0025.jpg

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » March 21st, 2018, 5:59 pm

Wow..sweet...thiw should be cheaper than the hybrid version not so.....

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » March 21st, 2018, 7:12 pm

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:Wow..sweet...thiw should be cheaper than the hybrid version not so.....
Sadly no. It's being priced around $250k (to be confirmed). Smh..

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » March 21st, 2018, 7:20 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:
*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:Wow..sweet...thiw should be cheaper than the hybrid version not so.....
Sadly no. It's being priced around $250k (to be confirmed). Smh..

Wonder what's the range on these. I like the Red.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » March 21st, 2018, 7:30 pm

Nice but the size of these infotainment systems is less than appealing..I was in the market for a hybrid and like the cost..but the models we get here are not progressive enough for 2018

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » March 21st, 2018, 7:32 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:Nice but the size of these infotainment systems is less than appealing..I was in the market for a hybrid and like the cost..but the models we get here are not progressive enough for 2018

Doesn't the other model have the 7" screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto?

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » March 21st, 2018, 8:44 pm

Nope I don't believe any of them have that feature

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » March 21st, 2018, 8:46 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:Nope I don't believe any of them have that feature

The model for $215k does have the option. I wish mine did.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » April 3rd, 2018, 8:43 pm

Hybrid drivers, recently had the chance to drive a Toyota hybrid and to me it seems like the engine switches on if i even breathe too hard on the pedal, even on a full charge.
Had to pull off like a golf cart for it to stay in EV mode and then gradually roll along to get to 30-40kph. Almost any increase in pedal prompted the engine to cut in. Is this how hybrids operate generally or is that specific to the Toyota (fielder in this case).

Contemplating a Niro or a Ioniq but this seems pointless if i have to drive like that.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » April 3rd, 2018, 8:48 pm

Yes, If you take your time, the EV will take you from 0-60km/h. If you're looking for quick acceleration, the engine will kick in. I have experienced EV mode at speeds higher than quoted by the dealership and manufacturers. After awhile, you learn the car and how to activate EV mode at different times while driving. I'm an Ioniq owner. And at 9000km+ I have no issues. Still averaging 875km+ on a tank with AC on 99% of the time and I'm loving it. Absolute bliss.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”