Unemployment Count Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Drea
Sweet on this forum

Re: Unemployment Count Thread

Postby Drea » May 29th, 2017, 5:50 pm

kstt wrote:
Drea wrote:Yet every single one of them rush to pursue a degree in medicine, knowing the outcome. Every year the medical science faculty is filled and have a waiting list, the ones who mommy and daddy money get through easier and can open private practice, but the same ones who working in the store complaining about menial work, go abroad and do something there are other options. Come out of your comfort zone.

Like you didn't understand the chart above. 4 years ago our country was not in this situation. They would have already started school. Seem u have a gripe because I thought doctors would get GATE back then and not have to depend on "mommy and daddy"

Like you cant make the grade.

I have no gripe with anyone, and as for making the grade if I WANTED to be a doctor I am quite capable and possess the intelligence to be. Can't help but call it as I see it, and my statement in no way encompasses all, but just like any other degree if you realise something isn't working then you need to adapt. I never understand why people laud med sci over any other degree, yes it is an admirable profession to be a doctor but someone who earns an MBA is no less successful than if they had put in the effort to be a doctor. I stated in another thread I have a number of friends also in the medical field who could not get jobs locally, two of them opted to go over to Grenada to work at St. George's. I'm sure they would have loved to stay home with their families where they are comfortable.

$h@dy
Sweet on this forum

Postby $h@dy » May 29th, 2017, 5:53 pm

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 29th, 2017, 6:49 pm

The medical professions are the highest growth fields in the developed world.
Drea wrote:
kstt wrote:
Drea wrote:Yet every single one of them rush to pursue a degree in medicine, knowing the outcome. Every year the medical science faculty is filled and have a waiting list, the ones who mommy and daddy money get through easier and can open private practice, but the same ones who working in the store complaining about menial work, go abroad and do something there are other options. Come out of your comfort zone.

Like you didn't understand the chart above. 4 years ago our country was not in this situation. They would have already started school. Seem u have a gripe because I thought doctors would get GATE back then and not have to depend on "mommy and daddy"

Like you cant make the grade.

I have no gripe with anyone, and as for making the grade if I WANTED to be a doctor I am quite capable and possess the intelligence to be. Can't help but call it as I see it, and my statement in no way encompasses all, but just like any other degree if you realise something isn't working then you need to adapt. I never understand why people laud med sci over any other degree, yes it is an admirable profession to be a doctor but someone who earns an MBA is no less successful than if they had put in the effort to be a doctor. I stated in another thread I have a number of friends also in the medical field who could not get jobs locally, two of them opted to go over to Grenada to work at St. George's. I'm sure they would have loved to stay home with their families where they are comfortable.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 29th, 2017, 7:03 pm

Medical doctor is the "in" thing presently
If a field is popular, no amount of telling potential school kids that the job chances are slight will sway them.

Learning "trade" has never been popular in Trinidad for one reason or another
Yet many don't know a certified skilled welder could make more money than a surgeon all around the world.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » May 29th, 2017, 7:12 pm

GISL shutting down

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 29th, 2017, 7:17 pm

Although a welder, tool and die maker, CAD designer, master electrician, or master plumber can make more than US$150,000 per year, the entry level is closer to $30k and the the average about $50k. A physician averages about $190k and a surgeon averages $310k.

http://www.businessinsider.com/highest-paying-jobs-in-america-2017-3/#-18

Here's the list of occupations most likely to be replaced by AI:

[img]http://www.businessinsider.com/jobs-at-risk-of-being-replaced-by-robots-2017-3[/img]

pugboy wrote:Medical doctor is the "in" thing presently
If a field is popular, no amount of telling potential school kids that the job chances are slight will sway them.

Yet many don't know a certified skilled welder could make more money than a surgeon all around the world.
Last edited by adnj on May 29th, 2017, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » May 29th, 2017, 7:19 pm

Redress10 wrote: It's just that Trinidad is a different kind of special country.

ROOFFLL. This statement does it. Im done. There is no better way to explain why trinidad has been sitting on mountains of gold and have to take a loan because is steady decline.

And the best part. The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. The pnm seeing what they doing causing decline all these decades and STILL WILL NOT reverse their retarding policies. Plenty policies pnm put in place over decades have to be utterly and severely destroyed to turn this country and economy around. I find to me it does like they deliberately causing decline because it supposed to be known that some of these decisions will cause rise in unemployment and depreciation of our currency. Yet every year under the pnm that is all does happen. Depreciation and decline.

Btw if allyuh notice a slight drop in the reporting of serious crimes, is cuz d borough sharing wukk like peas to keep the youths off the street. When they done wukk they buy they jordans, the spend some money by the bar and pickup a ting to go home with and thas all they want. Life nice lol. Simple simple so i said you could reduce crime. Through gainful employment. The issue with this pnm method of shoving them all in the borough is.. as you might have guessed. Taxpayers have to fund all these jobs. And if taxpayers going unemployed the effect is well.. eventually negated into spiralling decline.

When will pnm learn to setup and run a profitable business? Them is real failure. So failure they have to use taxpayer monies through contracts to prop up their own businesses to make them seem profitable. Real sad. Living life with training wheels and trying to act high fluting like they accomplish something when is baby food they eating. Baby food meant for people children. FAILURES with alzheimers in the parliament, half senile, dropsy cah stay awake for a whole session, time to retire failures.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 29th, 2017, 7:23 pm

Sure but the impracticality of a young person only aiming at one profession is foolish at best
Esp in a small economy like ours, unless of course you are well connected.

A person worth their salt should aim to excel at whatever they can do and not depend on the profession itself to make them, of course again it is hard to tell a young person this.

adnj wrote:Although a welder, tool and die maker, CAD designer, master electrician, or master plumber can make more than US$150,000 per year, the entry level is closer to $30k and the the average about $50k. A physician averages about $190k and a surgeon averages $310k.

http://www.businessinsider.com/highest-paying-jobs-in-america-2017-3/#-18

pugboy wrote:Medical doctor is the "in" thing presently

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 29th, 2017, 7:35 pm

I don't disagree with you but limiting your options by not pursuing the best education you can and not moving to where the jobs are may severely limit the futures of many people. Sometimes you have to pack your bags and visit your family on the holidays.

pugboy wrote:Sure but the impracticality of a young person only aiming at one profession is foolish at best
Esp in a small economy like ours, unless of course you are well connected.

A person worth their salt should aim to excel at whatever they can do and not depend on the profession itself to make them, of course again it is hard to tell a young person this.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 29th, 2017, 8:02 pm

You overthinking this thing. Let's think about this. A doctor anywhere in the world becomes a doctor after a challenging and rigorous academic process. Doctors are not welders. Before a doctor becomes a doctor that person would have already been one of the top persons academically in their peer group/country. Doctors are brilliant and intelligent people(again, Trinidad is a special kind of country so that may not apply here). Now with that being said, that individual is not subject to regular labour/market forces like the usual person. A doctor should have the opportunity to pursue gainful employment and earn an above average living.

You keep going on about employment etc....Trinidad operates in a vacuum. In developed nations etc, as long as you are properly qualified then you are assured gainful employment and a higher quality of life. Don't study what happening in Trinidad......We are an anomaly. The people thriving in trinidad are either connected to the political class or have connections to the political class. Ever hear the term tenderpreneurship? LOL

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » May 29th, 2017, 8:06 pm

$h@dy wrote:Image

Former comrade and current Minister of Labour Jennifer Baptiste-Primus is finally getting blamed for something? Say it ain't so Joe.

"This is to highlight to the National community what the union continues to agitate about": "THE CALLOUS AND UNCARING MANNER IN WHICH THIS PRESENT ROWLEY GOVERNMENT IS TREATING WITH THE WORKING CLASS"

...unless yuh working Petrotrin and yuh union is the OWTU.

Kick 'em Jenny, kick their balls straight through to China. More to come... :|
Last edited by hydroep on May 29th, 2017, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 29th, 2017, 8:32 pm

Unions in this country are out of date and quite frankly dumb. They don't even know what it takes to create a job farless protect it. Comments like "take your rig and go" as well as support for the government in Venezuela just demonstrates to me that men like Rougier etc don't have a clue about the real world. The quicker we get rid of these unions or forced them to evolve, the better all of us would be.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » May 30th, 2017, 2:36 pm

It begins

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 30th, 2017, 4:11 pm

hydroep wrote:
$h@dy wrote:Image

Former comrade and current Minister of Labour Jennifer Baptiste-Primus is finally getting blamed for something? Say it ain't so Joe.

"This is to highlight to the National community what the union continues to agitate about": "THE CALLOUS AND UNCARING MANNER IN WHICH THIS PRESENT ROWLEY GOVERNMENT IS TREATING WITH THE WORKING CLASS"

...unless yuh working Petrotrin and yuh union is the OWTU.

Kick 'em Jenny, kick their balls straight through to China. More to come... :|

Rope head go get them truck driving wuk in Cyanada............

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » May 30th, 2017, 8:31 pm

^^^ Are they qualified to drive a truck?

Will the state be paying for their re-training?

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » May 31st, 2017, 7:10 am

lulz

men in here salty cuz other ppl have a degree/doctorate.

so lets all not show our desire for mobility. lets be content and comfortable in our current state.

because when things get tough late at night, stressing you mind and body for a exam in a FLAWED education system....what does one do?? think of the rewards, think of the reason for it all over and over again.

so men who highest qualification is cxc in no position to ridicule persons who are now coming to terms with the fact they have been living a lie their whole academic career.

So u can call it entitlement. But its more of a LOGICAL expectation.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 31st, 2017, 7:39 pm

bye bye Pollo Tropical... US shortage and "staffing issues"

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » May 31st, 2017, 8:46 pm

Shakers on the Avenue
&
Pollo Tropical

Closing Down

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » May 31st, 2017, 8:49 pm

Monkey Man wrote:lulz

so lets all not show our desire for mobility. lets be content and comfortable in our current state.

because when things get tough late at night, stressing you mind and body for a exam in a FLAWED education system....what does one do?? think of the rewards, think of the reason for it all over and over again.

so men who highest qualification is cxc in no position to ridicule persons who are now coming to terms with the fact they have been living a lie their whole academic career.

What you really trying to say ? So much lines and no real point.Communicating is a dying artform yea. Is best you stick to howling yea.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 31st, 2017, 8:52 pm

kstt wrote:Shakers on the Avenue
&
Pollo Tropical

Closing Down

Pollo tropical closed longtime now.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » May 31st, 2017, 9:05 pm

Cariflex closed down

Cold Stone Creamery

"On its Facebook page, Cold Stone Creamery advised customers that “until further notice”, all its branches will remain closed.

The company informed customers that “branches are presently closed for upgrades”."

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » May 31st, 2017, 9:18 pm

Denny's Trinidad

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 31st, 2017, 9:23 pm

kstt wrote:Shakers on the Avenue
&
Pollo Tropical

Closing Down

But Shakers has a crowd on weekends. Guess it isn't enough to keep running.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 31st, 2017, 9:24 pm

Gonna be hard for KFC to absorb back all their former employees

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » May 31st, 2017, 9:26 pm

Well KFC go here to stay one franchise ain't gonna fail..as well the other companies associated

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » June 1st, 2017, 7:15 am

randolphinshan wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:lulz

What you really trying to say ? So much lines and no real point.Communicating is a dying artform yea. Is best you stick to howling yea.

randolph kakahole u clearly aint reach cxc or even common entrance.

the rumshop calling for u man. jus dont beat yuh wife too bad after eh....

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » June 1st, 2017, 7:33 am

And I pay tax to educate aulluh kinda characters. Such a pity all that money wasted yea.

And worse yet aullyh could breed...We country gone through yea..saddis type 10 lines and still ah make ANY sence.Go back to JJ and Friends pallos.

Cooloh
Sweet on this forum

Postby Cooloh » June 1st, 2017, 7:37 am

randolphinshan wrote:And I pay tax to educate aulluh kinda characters. Such a pity all that money wasted yea.

And worse yet aullyh could breed...We country gone through yea..saddis type 10 lines and still ah make ANY sense.Go back to JJ and Friends pallos.

Fixed. Oh the irony :|

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » June 1st, 2017, 7:39 am

pal jus ignore it like the rest of the world that passes over your head...

may be u will understand some posts today, if not there is always tomorrow.

..jus remember your lesson "the train that could'

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » June 1st, 2017, 7:42 am

Cooloh wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:And I pay tax to educate aulluh kinda characters. Such a pity all that money wasted yea.

And worse yet aullyh could breed...We country gone through yea..saddis type 10 lines and still ah make ANY sense.Go back to JJ and Friends pallos.

Fixed. Oh the irony :|

like i said.. common entrance.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”