mittal-600
Shell -80
IPSL -75
Centrin -100
OAS - 680
WASA - 600

Any tuners affected can post as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by jhonnieblue on March 21st, 2016, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mista25
Ricer

Re: Official Unemployment thread due to recession

Postby mista25 » March 12th, 2016, 7:06 am

40 - john dickinson
400 - aronco

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 12th, 2016, 7:13 am

This only mean that wages will drop as more workers will be seeking employment.
Employers will gain and take advantage of this. This is what employers have been waiting on, inflated marked up recession and cheap labour . They pay in TT but sell in US.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 12th, 2016, 7:28 am

mista25 wrote:40 - john dickinson
400 - aronco

Who is Aronco??

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » March 12th, 2016, 8:23 am

Aronco is a contactor on the estate

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » March 12th, 2016, 8:56 am

jhonnieblue wrote:Well let's start it off

mittal-600
Shell -80
IPSL -75
Centrin -100

Any tuners affected can post as well

Mital would be 600 plus 675 I think.

khandman
3NE 2NR for life

Postby khandman » March 12th, 2016, 9:30 am

Other contractors that operate in Mittal as well besides aronco. Tube city & doc's engineering.

playerskrew
Riding on 17's

Postby playerskrew » March 12th, 2016, 9:32 am

What recession?

fallen_angel
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby fallen_angel » March 12th, 2016, 10:56 am

jump and wine, oil price going back up

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » March 12th, 2016, 12:10 pm

False raise..it'll drop again..watch and see

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » March 12th, 2016, 1:39 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:False raise..it'll drop again..watch and see

Dead cat bounce

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » March 12th, 2016, 3:04 pm

Hard for doctors to even get a job now

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » March 12th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Kewell35 wrote:Hard for doctors to even get a job now

Good thing you considering engineering.

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » March 12th, 2016, 9:29 pm

zoom rader wrote:This only mean that wages will drop as more workers will be seeking employment.
Employers will gain and take advantage of this. This is what employers have been waiting on, inflated marked up recession and cheap labour . They pay in TT but sell in US.

Now I'm fully convinced that You are retarded and you are our Local TRUMP.

mark2.0
Riding on 17's

Postby mark2.0 » March 13th, 2016, 6:49 am

PDL reach how much?

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » March 13th, 2016, 6:57 am

express house -40

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 13th, 2016, 7:23 am

BRZ wrote:
zoom rader wrote:This only mean that wages will drop as more workers will be seeking employment.

Little boy ,Prove my statement wrong.

Surplus Labour = drop in wages
Trin recession = Yet tobe proven
Local Big companies = Pay in TT $$$ and sell their products abroad in US.

Its a win win for Business

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » March 14th, 2016, 7:40 am

HOnestly I don't need to prove anything to you, I m sure that as a middle aged lonely desperate African man who has spent the better part of his life working FOR people, you would never understand what its like to OWN your own business and far more run it.
YOU obviously are the end result of years and years of being a tribal pnm voter yourself, you were brought up and whipped with the idea that you must support your people, and after YEars and years of Neglect over and over and your position in life never changing, you finally got fedup and now youre the spokesperson against the Peenem.
Well may I suggest that you go back to your suggestion and spend your days collecting your pension at the end of every month , go home and continue "GOOGLING-LITTLE BOYS", sit back in your lazyboy with your pricesmart tub of KYjelly.

zoom rader wrote:
BRZ wrote:

Sumana.00
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Sumana.00 » March 14th, 2016, 7:43 am

Has Kimberly-Clarke left Trinidad?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » March 14th, 2016, 7:57 am

BRZ wrote:HOnestly I don't need to prove anything to you, I m sure that as a middle aged lonely desperate African man who has spent the better part of his life working FOR people, you would never understand what its like to OWN your own business and far more run it.
YOU obviously are the end result of years and years of being a tribal pnm voter yourself, you were brought up and whipped with the idea that you must support your people, and after YEars and years of Neglect over and over and your position in life never changing, you finally got fedup and now youre the spokesperson against the Peenem.
Well may I suggest that you go back to your suggestion and spend your days collecting your pension at the end of every month , go home and continue "GOOGLING-LITTLE BOYS", sit back in your lazyboy with your pricesmart tub of KYjelly.

zoom rader wrote:
BRZ wrote:

Look ah cripple fight oui.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 14th, 2016, 8:02 am

Sumana.00 wrote:Has Kimberly-Clarke left Trinidad?

they closed up shop well over six months ago...nothing to do with recession....just rationalizing their regional business, just like J&J did a few years back

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 14th, 2016, 8:18 am

BRZ wrote:HOnestly I don't need to prove anything to you, I m sure that as a middle aged lonely desperate African man who has spent the better part of his life working FOR people, you would never understand what its like to OWN your own business and far more run it.

zoom rader wrote:
BRZ wrote:

Little boy, I am very far from pension age.

And yeah I a PNM To the bone , tuners here will tell you that.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 15th, 2016, 12:00 am

15% unemployment? :shock:

http://www.newsday.co.tt/business/0,225246.html

Employment, the main casualty
By VERNE BURNETT Saturday, March 12 2016

UWI St Augustine campus Professor of Economics, Karl Theodore, says employment will be the main casualty of the current recession this country is facing.

In fact, he is predicting the unemployment rate, currently at four percent, will reach as high as 15 percent by the time the recession ends. Prof Theodore said he did not know why former Central Bank Governor Jwala Rambarran only choose to declare the country in a recession late last year, when the recession began in 2014.

Nevertheless, he said there are positive aspects, adding the last time TT was in a recession in 1982, the level of unemployment was 11 percent. As the unemployment level is currently four percent, the country is in a much better position than it was in 1982. “So that is something positive as it means we are probably in a stronger position to deal with what is facing us.” He said the last time the country faced a recession the population didn’t believe it and that made it difficult for any adjustment to begin whereas this time most people accept this fact.

“Maybe what made it glaring for us was the colossal drop in the oil price from US$100 and something to less than US$30 now. That sent a message home so most people accept the fact that we are in a recession.” While he said no one wants to discuss it, Theodore - who is also Director of the Health and Economics Unit at UWI - said, “If your employment levels depend on revenue flows of a certain type and those revenue flows now don’t exist, employment is going to be affected.” He said people didn’t want to face these facts because it is really saying some people who are in jobs today will not be employed in 12 months time.

He said the impact on employment is going to be deep because of the structure of the economy and choices people have been making. He said the economy is affected by things over which the country has no control and is also affected by choices of the population.

“If it’s one thing that the country has to understand now is, that this is not a time to simply focus on the external causes, you have to focus on the choices that we have been making. If we don’t do that, nothing is going to change.” Professor Theodore said there are more than 6,000 by-products of petroleum and Trinidad and Tobago was only producing gasoline and “some motor car oil” from petroleum although the country had been producing petroleum since 1907.

“Why on earth is this country not producing more petroleum by-products, I do not know, but that is what has to happen, so that instead of continuing as an exporter of petroleum, we have to become an exporter of petroleum by-products.” He said the country’s intellectual capital must be linked to petroleum to produce those by-products, and it didn’t have to produce all 6,000 but could just produce 20 or so. “The petroleum is not to be just dug out and sold, it is to be dug out and used to produce other things, that is what it has to do. That is what will change the structure of this economy.” Pointing out that nearly everything that people use in their everyday lives is a petroleum by-product, Professor Theodore said there are five million people in the English- speaking Caribbean but there are 500 million people just next door in Latin America, and South and Central America. “Now if you have 500 million people living next door to you all you have to produce is a few things for them, you know. That’s all you have to do. I think this is something that the country has to understand and we need to put the pressure to get a change.” He said the country also needed to make another important change, and this was to what it meant by “doing business”. He said as a small economy, Trinidad and Tobago will always need foreign exchange to buy something because it will never be able to produce everything that it wants. However, he said there are businesses in this country which are not bringing in foreign exchange. He said this was something that made no sense. “If the country needs foreign exchange and you’re setting up businesses, one of the main things the businesses should be doing is to bring in that foreign exchange.

You can’t have businesses in this country that all they are doing is using foreign exchange and bringing in nothing.” He said that is exactly what some of the biggest businesses in the country are doing.

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » March 15th, 2016, 7:10 am

playerskrew wrote:What recession?

Exactly.Ask any Petrotrin worker the economy booming

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 15th, 2016, 7:22 am

zoom rader wrote:
BRZ wrote:

Lol i eh rly like zoom either but your assessment of him is very wrong. Hadda say almost completely opposite of what he is. And as i said, i eh like him hes a racist mc.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 15th, 2016, 7:23 am

I referring to the financial part specifically

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » March 15th, 2016, 7:27 am

Yes despite all of this, many young people do not want to work. Once they are living under their parents roof they don't care, very sad but this is now part of our culture.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 15th, 2016, 7:36 am

TurboSingh12 wrote:

Are we in a recession or employers just seeing an opportunity to clean up their staff and take advantage of the situation . Remember before elections employers saying they cant find workers for their food and stores joins which are lower paid jobs. One saying he will take retrenched workers as he has jobs he cant find workers.

Mind games, get rid of normal workers and have them do low paying jobs, but then again are workers productive.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » March 15th, 2016, 7:46 am

TurboSingh12 wrote:

If you actually bothered to ask they would say no it's not booming. Why you think Petrotrin workers did NOT strike in December 2014? We know what's up with the company and economy particularly with respect to oil prices.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 15th, 2016, 9:19 am

BRZ wrote:Yes despite all of this, many young people do not want to work. Once they are living under their parents roof they don't care, very sad but this is now part of our culture.

I couldn't wait to get out on my own and start living my own life.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”