Re: THE BEST VAN

Postby TrinbagoMan » July 23rd, 2019, 4:03 pm

Toyota Hilux or Nissan NP300?

thoughts anyone?

WestIndian424
Riding on 17's

Postby WestIndian424 » July 23rd, 2019, 8:20 pm

If you looking for a work horse/low maintenance ute buy a Dmax...other than that toyota

WestIndian424
Riding on 17's

Postby WestIndian424 » July 23rd, 2019, 8:31 pm

agent007 wrote:Guys, I came across these photos from fb (yup, they're all local in their respective showrooms) and I must say, I paused a bit and took in these shots. I think those americans are putting up a very good case against the Hilux and NP300 happy population! What do you all think?

What is the lifespan of the colorado's engine?......have seen toyota/mitsubishi/isuzu with 300k kms + and going strong...also is the Chevy out of the USA?

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » March 3rd, 2020, 2:54 pm

what is this new X Gear Frontier? I dont see any major difference to the previous np300 frontier

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 3rd, 2020, 4:08 pm

Go to the new vehicle prices thread, it was discussed there with pics.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » March 5th, 2020, 9:45 am

TrinbagoMan wrote:what is this new X Gear Frontier? I dont see any major difference to the previous np300 frontier

From on FB, you get an Android deck, ISO fix and it black out or something....

Stello
Riding on 13's

Postby Stello » August 12th, 2020, 6:00 pm

agent007 wrote:There is a huge concern for many would-be van purchasers about the lack of the protective bar behind the cab itself to facilitate carrying long objects etc. Nissan calls this the “headache” rack. These racks for the NP300 are standard on the S and SE lines but absent on the XE and LE lineup. You can buy this rack as an accessory item and it is bolted to the tray via 6 mounting points. Have it painted to match the colour of your van before installing. The approx. total cost for this item (including painting and installation) is $2k.

You can also get a fabricator to customize one for you because even though the XE and LE’s don’t come with this particular rack, as I mentioned before, the 6 mounting points are there. Given climate/weather/terrain circumstances of today, having a 4wd double cab pickup is a must have.

Research before you attempt to buy other vans apart of the Nissan if such a rack can be installed. I know as a fact that Nissan designed their tray to accommodate it as an after purchase install. I noticed the 2.4 auto Hilux comes with that bar standard as well which is a huge plus who see this feature as a must have the way we did.

Our Hilux got 500 or so kms per tank in its best day. I know if driven more gently it may crack into the 600 range but I never personally saw that. The NP300 we have only has 400kms on the odo as I type and the tank is still above half. I would say it appears the np300 will be able to achieve the 600kms range easily.

In the pic I posted before, look closely and you would see the rack installed at the rear. So cost breakdown is as follows:
$309,000. For van
$2,400. Tray liner (free from Massy via ‘special’ promotion)
$450. tint
$650. Lenny sumadh plates
$1,000. reverse sensors
$2,000. tray bar aka headache bar
$1,200. Front mud guards
$500. Chrome handle inserts
$500. Door visors
$800. Front bug deflector
$300. Protective door edge trim
$500. chrome border trim on lights
$100. steering cover
$100. Nissan branded valve caps
$200. Nissan branded leather key pouch
$13,000. Roll and lock tray cover

For those who prefer the chrome roll bar to the back which comes with a third stop light in it, prepare to spend $4,000.

We got free genuine Weathertech branded all-weather rubber floor mats with the van and as you may know, these mats aren’t the regular generic $199. mats you find at any parts place.

If someone has the prices on the rear tow hitch, roof rack cross bars and the front nudge bar, I would be grateful if you can share the same and indicate where it can be procured.

I hope the info was useful and do note, these prices are from the top of my head so I won’t be surprised if someone points out more accurate pricing.

Thank you for the info.

Where did you purchase and install your accessories?
I'm looking for these items presently.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”