Forums

New speed limit soon?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

drchaos
punchin NOS

Re: New speed limit soon?

Postby drchaos » May 8th, 2017, 7:48 am

So the police are not as dumb as we suspect ... if they could only use this same ingenuity when fighting crime,

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 8th, 2017, 7:56 am

If you just drive within the speed limit then you don't have to worry, police are just doing their job, stop complaining and start adhering to the laws that govern our roadways.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 8th, 2017, 8:06 am

Ben_spanna wrote:If you just drive within the speed limit then you don't have to worry, police are just doing their job, stop complaining and start adhering to the laws that govern our roadways.

How about no scott.

Slavery was once the law ... does that mean while it was the law it was right? I mean white people were "just doing their Jobs" in oppressing us right? I mean if brown and black people just stopped complaining about slavery and just adhered to the laws maybe the world might be a better place.

Defending old and outdated laws just does not help with people's perception of your IQ.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 8th, 2017, 8:15 am

drchaos wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:If you just drive within the speed limit then you don't have to worry, police are just doing their job, stop complaining and start adhering to the laws that govern our roadways.

How about no scott.

Slavery was once the law ... does that mean while it was the law it was right? I mean white people were "just doing their Jobs" in oppressing us right? I mean if brown and black people just stopped complaining about slavery and just adhered to the laws maybe the world might be a better place.

Defending old and outdated laws just does not help with people's perception of your IQ.

You sound upset that someone had your ancestors in chains !

Then again you're probably one of those idiots who drive a 4x4 and love going 120-140 km/h down the highway and think you have all the right in the world to do so.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 8th, 2017, 8:24 am

Ben_spanna wrote:
drchaos wrote:

How about no scott.

You sound upset that someone had your ancestors in chains !

Then again you're probably one of those idiots who drive a 4x4 and love going 120-140 km/h down the highway and think you have all the right in the world to do so.

Using examples to explain things to a simple intellect does not make me emotionally involved in the example.

Average speed is now about 100 to 110 km/h but on occasion I does hit a lil 160 to 180 km/h road conditions permitting of course. Does this make you angry or upset in anyway?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 8th, 2017, 8:58 am

Just fed up of seeing so many innocent people getting killed as a direct result of idiots speeding and losing control or not taking into consideration that they cannot stop in time.
Speeding is not the only reason for people losing their lives on the roadways I know, but its one of the factors that contribute that we can try to control.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » May 8th, 2017, 9:55 am

they could leave it as is, or even increase it to 100. Monks dont cater.

i will still pace men out on the hiway.

those luxury vehicles like vigo and dem does beat back my nissan tho

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 8th, 2017, 11:34 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Just fed up of seeing so many innocent people getting killed as a direct result of idiots speeding and losing control or not taking into consideration that they cannot stop in time.
Speeding is not the only reason for people losing their lives on the roadways I know, but its one of the factors that contribute that we can try to control.

Speeding is hardly even a factor in causing RTA. The bulk of accidents are caused by distracted and undisciplined drivers.

Cracking down on the real cause of accidents would actually put a bigger dent in the "innocent" road casualties.
Instead they cracking down on speeding as a money making venture and chaining you up into thinking they trying to prevent road carnage. They really don't care about road deaths ... they concerned with balancing their budget.

shady23
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby shady23 » May 8th, 2017, 1:26 pm

Lol the government is not going to do anything to harm a major source of revenue. 80km iymc.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 8th, 2017, 3:07 pm

drchaos wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:Just fed up of seeing so many innocent people getting killed as a direct result of idiots speeding and losing control or not taking into consideration that they cannot stop in time.

Speeding is hardly even a factor in causing RTA. The bulk of accidents are caused by distracted and undisciplined drivers.

Cracking down on the real cause of accidents would actually put a bigger dent in the "innocent" road casualties.
Instead they cracking down on speeding as a money making venture and chaining you up into thinking they trying to prevent road carnage. They really don't care about road deaths ... they concerned with balancing their budget.

it IS a factor- especially 100km in excess of the limit. yes there are other factors. but even if u distracted- being distracted at 80km could still allow u to have time to stop/take control of a situation, whereas at 180 u doh have time to do so- how much more 10s of metres every second u travelling? even if u hit at 80 the impact not going to be nearly as damaging as 180. u could break traffic laws but not d laws of physics.

btw accidents have reduced since they introduced the speed guns

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 8th, 2017, 4:38 pm

redmanjp wrote:
drchaos wrote:

it IS a factor- especially 100km in excess of the limit. yes there are other factors. but even if u distracted- being distracted at 80km could still allow u to have time to stop/take control of a situation, whereas at 180 u doh have time to do so- how much more 10s of metres every second u travelling? even if u hit at 80 the impact not going to be nearly as damaging as 180. u could break traffic laws but not d laws of physics.

The reductions in road deaths have been less than 10% .... somewhere around 7% which could be attributed to other factors as well. So not statistically significant.

So what you saying is the speed limit should be under 180 km/h? Like 170 KM/h cause that is less than 100 km over the speed limit. I like your thinking Friend!

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 8th, 2017, 5:20 pm

drchaos wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
drchaos wrote:

The reductions in road deaths have been less than 10% .... somewhere around 7% which could be attributed to other factors as well. So not statistically significant.

So what you saying is the speed limit should be under 180 km/h? Like 170 KM/h cause that is less than 100 km over the speed limit. I like your thinking Friend!

where I said 170 is safe? all i meant was 180 is much more dangerous than 80.

check out the stats from Arrive Alive:

DATE 30th March 17
YEAR 2016 2017
# FATAL RTA’S 33 16 52% Decrease
# OF DEATHS 39 18 54% Decrease

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 8th, 2017, 6:31 pm

man say is 7% yes

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 8th, 2017, 6:48 pm

eliteauto wrote:man say is 7% yes

He normally just makes stuff up anyways to suit his argument so no surprise.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » May 8th, 2017, 7:45 pm

I'm still in favour of an increase in the limit, but we could 're-engineer' the roads the nth standard, the best cable barriers could be in place, etc. and still the human aspect will fail us.

I'm a lot more focused at 120 km/h than at 80 km/h but my level of focus and driving skill has little to do with the idiot who decides to tan at 65 km/h in the right lane even though you're flashing your lights or the guy who saw it fit to cut from the merging lane straight onto the rightmost lane at 60 km/h while I'm barreling down at 120 km/h, so what do I do..I kill some speed and cover my brake near any entrance ramp just in case because I always have to end up driving for other drivers while I drive for myself hence another thing to consider when gheein fiyahz and thus an obstacle in justifying an increase in the speed limit; some people just can't drive.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 8th, 2017, 8:26 pm

redmanjp wrote:
drchaos wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
drchaos wrote:

where I said 170 is safe? all i meant was 180 is much more dangerous than 80.

check out the stats from Arrive Alive:

DATE 30th March 17
YEAR 2016 2017
# FATAL RTA’S 33 16 52% Decrease
# OF DEATHS 39 18 54% Decrease

According to TTPS the number is 11% reduction .... Like allu fellars forget to read and comprehend. 7-10% is somewhere around 11%.
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20170111 ... -accidents

Arrive alive continues to lie, they initially lied about speed being the cause of around 60% of RTA in T&T.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 8th, 2017, 8:53 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
eliteauto wrote:man say is 7% yes

He normally just makes stuff up anyways to suit his argument so no surprise.

Guys I don't know if I can go on! Bunny thinks I am a liar and I don't know what to do!
This has devastated me! :cry: :cry: :cry:

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 9th, 2017, 4:48 am

drchaos wrote:

You are wrong. Speeding is a key risk factor in traffic accidents and fatalities. It has been tied to global lowered life expectancy by the World Health Organization.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 9th, 2017, 7:48 am

adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:

You are wrong. Speeding is a key risk factor in traffic accidents and fatalities. It has been tied to global lowered life expectancy by the World Health Organization.

Use and the ability to understand the English language is very important here.

If you do not understand the fundamental difference between a risk factor vs a causative factor. Then I am truly concerned :shock:

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 9th, 2017, 10:28 am

Anyone here ever experienced spinning out at 180 kph? Anyone ever had a tyre blowout on them at 200 kph?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 9th, 2017, 10:37 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Anyone here ever experienced spinning out at 180 kph? Anyone ever had a tyre blowout on them at 200 kph?

Yes

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 9th, 2017, 10:43 am

When that happened did you feel like you had full control of the vehicle in slowing down safely or you think you got lucky in the end?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 9th, 2017, 10:56 am

Look at the issue in its entirety. Collisions and fatalities occur in developing nations at a higher rate. The most effective way to reduce those effects is to simply lower the speed limit.

This excerpt is worth noting:

An increase in average speed is directly related both to the likelihood of a crash occurring and to the severity of the consequences of the crash. For example, an increase of 1 km/h in mean vehicle speed results in an increase of 3% in the incidence of crashes resulting in injury and an increase of 4–5% in the incidence of fatal crashes. An adult pedestrian’s risk of dying is less than 20% if struck by a car at 50 km/h and almost 60% if hit at 80 km/h.

=====================

Road traffic injuries

Fact sheet
Updated May 2017

Key facts

About 1.25 million people die each year as a result of road traffic crashes. Road traffic injuries are the leading cause of death among people aged between 15 and 29 years. 90% of the world's fatalities on the roads occur in low- and middle-income countries, even though these countries have approximately 54% of the world's vehicles.Nearly half of those dying on the world’s roads are “vulnerable road users”: pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.Road traffic crashes cost most countries 3% of their gross domestic product.Without sustained action, road traffic crashes are predicted to become the seventh leading cause of death by 2030. The newly adopted 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development has set an ambitious target of halving the global number of deaths and injuries from road traffic crashes by 2020.

Every year the lives of approximately 1.25 million people are cut short as a result of a road traffic crash. Between 20 and 50 million more people suffer non-fatal injuries, with many incurring a disability as a result of their injury.

Road traffic injuries cause considerable economic losses to individuals, their families, and to nations as a whole. These losses arise from the cost of treatment as well as lost productivity for those killed or disabled by their injuries, and for family members who need to take time off work or school to care for the injured. Road traffic crashes cost most countries 3% of their gross domestic product.

Who is at risk?

Socioeconomic status

More than 90% of road traffic deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries. Road traffic injury death rates are highest in the African region. Even within high-income countries, people from lower socioeconomic backgrounds are more likely to be involved in road traffic crashes.

People aged between 15 and 44 years account for 48% of global road traffic deaths.

Sex

From a young age, males are more likely to be involved in road traffic crashes than females. About three quarters (73%) of all road traffic deaths occur among young males under the age of 25 years who are almost 3 times as likely to be killed in a road traffic crash as young females.

Risk factors

The Safe System approach: accommodating human error

The Safe System approach to road safety aims to ensure a safe transport system for all road users. Such an approach takes into account people’s vulnerability to serious injuries in road traffic crashes and recognizes that the system should be designed to be forgiving of human error. The cornerstones of this approach are safe roads and roadsides, safe speeds, safe vehicles, and safe road users, all of which must be addressed in order to eliminate fatal crashes and reduce serious injuries.

Speeding

An increase in average speed is directly related both to the likelihood of a crash occurring and to the severity of the consequences of the crash. For example, an increase of 1 km/h in mean vehicle speed results in an increase of 3% in the incidence of crashes resulting in injury and an increase of 4–5% in the incidence of fatal crashes. An adult pedestrian’s risk of dying is less than 20% if struck by a car at 50 km/h and almost 60% if hit at 80 km/h.Driving under the influence of alcohol and other psychoactive substancesDriving under the influence of alcohol and any psychoactive substance or drug increases the risk of a crash that results in death or serious injuries.In the case of drink-driving, the risk of a road traffic crash starts at low levels of blood alcohol concentration (BAC) and increases significantly when the driver's BAC is ≥ 0.04 g/dl.In the case of drug-driving, the risk of incurring a road traffic crash is increased to differing degrees depending on the psychoactive drug used. For example, the risk of a fatal crash occurring among those who have used amphetamines is about 5 times the risk of someone who hasn't.Nonuse of motorcycle helmets, seat-belts, and child restraintsWearing a motorcycle helmet correctly can reduce the risk of death by almost 40% and the risk of severe injury by over 70%.Wearing a seat-belt reduces the risk of a fatality among front-seat passengers by 40–50% and of rear-seat passengers by between 25–75%.If correctly installed and used, child restraints reduce deaths among infants by approximately 70% and deaths among small children by between 54% and 80%.Distracted driving

There are many types of distractions that can lead to impaired driving. The distraction caused by mobile phones is a growing concern for road safety.

Drivers using mobile phones are approximately 4 times more likely to be involved in a crash than drivers not using a mobile phone. Using a phone while driving slows reaction times (notably braking reaction time, but also reaction to traffic signals), and makes it difficult to keep in the correct lane, and to keep the correct following distances.Hands-free phones are not much safer than hand-held phone sets, and texting considerably increases the risk of a crash.Unsafe road infrastructure

The design of roads can have a considerable impact on their safety. Ideally, roads should be designed keeping in mind the safety of all road users. This would mean making sure that there are adequate facilities for pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists. Measures such as footpaths, cycling lanes, safe crossing points, and other traffic calming measures can be critical to reducing the risk of injury among these road users.

Unsafe vehicles

Safe vehicles play a critical role in averting crashes and reducing the likelihood of serious injury. There are a number of UN regulations on vehicle safety that, if applied to countries’ manufacturing and production standards, would potentially save many lives. These include requiring vehicle manufacturers to meet front and side impact regulations, to include electronic stability control (to prevent over-steering) and to ensure airbags and seat-belts are fitted in all vehicles. Without these basic standards the risk of traffic injuries – both to those in the vehicle and those out of it – is considerably increased.

Inadequate post-crash care

Delays in detecting and providing care for those involved in a road traffic crash increase the severity of injuries. Care of injuries after a crash has occurred is extremely time-sensitive: delays of minutes can make the difference between life and death.

Inadequate law enforcement of traffic laws

If traffic laws on drink-driving, seat-belt wearing, speed limits, helmets, and child restraints are not enforced, they cannot bring about the expected reduction in road traffic fatalities and injuries related to specific behaviours. Thus, if traffic laws are not enforced or are perceived as not being enforced it is likely they will not be complied with and therefore will have very little chance of influencing behaviour.

Effective enforcement includes establishing, regularly updating, and enforcing laws at the national, municipal, and local levels that address the above mentioned risk factors. It includes also the definition of appropriate penalties.

drchaos wrote:
adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Use and the ability to understand the English language is very important here.

If you do not understand the fundamental difference between a risk factor vs a causative factor. Then I am truly concerned :shock:
Last edited by adnj on May 9th, 2017, 10:56 am, edited 5 times in total.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 9th, 2017, 11:02 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:When that happened did you feel like you had full control of the vehicle in slowing down safely or you think you got lucky in the end?

my experience would be very different to most to be honest owing to several factors notably experience and training in the use of a vehicle in an offensive driving capacity. What occurred is the vehicle had run flat tyres and one was seriously under-inflated which wasn't recognized, heading north on the highway from Sando and a high rate of speed continuously caused the tyre to overheat eventually deform ( the vehicle literally started to bounce seconds before the blow out ) it then shredded all the while I was calmly explaining to the passenger what was occurring, I came off the gas and explained that if we used the brake: we died, if we turn the steering; we die, I simply allowed the vehicle to cruise under it's own momentum until it was safe to go onto the shoulder ( I even put on the indicator when I did that lol). Came out the vehicle changed the tyre and continued. The entire thing was videotaped by the accompanying vehicle behind us. NOW yes I was calm and felt like I had full control always but LUCK played a part as well, we were fortunate this happened at a time with little traffic on the road which allowed us to coast for almost 1KM before it was safe to change lanes. It was my fault the tyres weren't checked as opposed to just going by a visual check, I no longer have to or want to drive at those speeds even though my current vehicle can easily pass those speeds, I enjoy cruising more now than ever, being dead seriously lowers your earning potential

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 9th, 2017, 11:30 am

Run flat tyres usually require tyre pressure monitoring hardware as visual inspection is much harder to do.... Glad you are alive to tell the story.... While luck did play a part, experience/skill had a part as well.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 9th, 2017, 3:11 pm

drchaos- check the truck gravel on highway post- so this could not have been avoided if the truck were doing the Legal 65km/h speedlimit?
I really think they should leave ALL "T" and "H" vehicles at 65km/h as they are carrying cargo and multiples lives.
Raise the fines for speeding on T vehicles to Tripple for them... and if they persist with reoccuring convictions make it punishable with the Revoking of their drivers permit.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 9th, 2017, 3:21 pm

Saw a guy whose tire blew out at 80 to 90 Km/h and lost control. Poor guy ran off the highway and flipped. C spine fracture, was lucky to be alive and not have have any permenant spinal cord injury.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 9th, 2017, 3:25 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:drchaos- check the truck gravel on highway post- so this could not have been avoided if the truck were doing the Legal 65km/h speedlimit?
I really think they should leave ALL "T" and "H" vehicles at 65km/h as they are carrying cargo and multiples lives.
Raise the fines for speeding on T vehicles to Tripple for them... and if they persist with reoccuring convictions make it punishable with the Removal of their heads.

Agreed! T vehicles carrying load should have a reduced speed limit and stick to the right at all times unless it is dangerous to do so.

Adjusted your post :lol:

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 9th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:When that happened did you feel like you had full control of the vehicle in slowing down safely or you think you got lucky in the end?

Like elite just spoiled the point you were trying to make? :shock:

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 9th, 2017, 3:30 pm

ALL of those "T" - not only carrying loads, most of those 4x2 and 4x4 are not designed to be travelling so fast, especially those who have changed their stock rims and tyres to ultra low profile that can no longer support weight of he vehicle with the sidewall properly, worse yet when you have terrible road surface conditions like we do.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”