Forums

Wtk how much would it cost to clear down a piece of land

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

moneybagzkd
Riding on 13's

Wtk how much would it cost to clear down a piece of land

Postby moneybagzkd » April 18th, 2017, 10:16 pm

What would be an average cost to clear down ONE (1) lot of land, with easy access, that has pretty much small trees (thin cedar) and bamboo bushes right through. I know it'll be hard to give an exact price, but just looking for a ball park figure if you can. Also if you have recommendations on who I can get this service from too would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Wtk how much would it cost to clear down a piece of land

Postby *KRONIK* » April 18th, 2017, 10:20 pm

I pay around 1k to cut a half acre, not including the bamboo. Thats to wack grass and cut down small trees/shrubs.
Takes 3 guys 1 full day.

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » April 18th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Where you based OP?

moneybagzkd
Riding on 13's

Postby moneybagzkd » April 18th, 2017, 10:47 pm

TrinbagoMan wrote:Where you based OP?

In Rio Claro.

*KRONIK* wrote:I pay around 1k to cut a half acre, not including the bamboo. Thats to wack grass and cut down small trees/shrubs.
Takes 3 guys 1 full day.

Hmm yeah I think this piece of land would be more work, but thanks for the average

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » April 19th, 2017, 5:37 am

3k including bamboo and plowing. Cost included clearing the cut grass and trash

daron
Sweet on this forum

Postby daron » April 19th, 2017, 6:17 am

Looking to get 1 lot cut , scrape need average cost
Location sue su land penal
Much appreciated
323-8418

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » April 19th, 2017, 2:29 pm

hmmm my wacker man want 1 k to wacker my prpery if he has to move coconut leaves....

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 19th, 2017, 2:43 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:I pay around 1k to cut a half acre, not including the bamboo. Thats to wack grass and cut down small trees/shrubs.
Takes 3 guys 1 full day.

That is too much, a tractor takes $500 to cut 1 Acre and that is WAY better than wackering because a wacker cannot shred grass into small pieces like a tractor.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » April 19th, 2017, 3:00 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Takes 3 guys 1 full day.

That is too much, a tractor takes $500 to cut 1 Acre and that is WAY better than wackering because a wacker cannot shred grass into small pieces like a tractor.

Its not a clear flat piece of land.
It has bamboo stools scattered throughout and fruit trees in between. Tractor will be highly impractical and inefficent in this case.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 19th, 2017, 3:03 pm

wow so much money a wacker man does make now? WTF bess you wacker that half acre yourself

If I could wacker 1.25 Acres of hard bamboo grass you could do half acre in 3 days.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » April 19th, 2017, 3:10 pm

Get an excavator and two 10 wheel dump trucks. One day work and land clear like that. Should cost $20K for that but the land will be level and clean down to loose soil. Best option if you want a busy lick up in one day.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » April 19th, 2017, 3:16 pm

Is dry season OP, scratch a match and play like nothing happen...

moneybagzkd
Riding on 13's

Postby moneybagzkd » April 19th, 2017, 4:25 pm

RBphoto wrote:Get an excavator and two 10 wheel dump trucks. One day work and land clear like that. Should cost $20K for that but the land will be level and clean down to loose soil. Best option if you want a busy lick up in one day.

This sounds pretty good but that's a lot of money though. I might not need the truck cause there's the more of my land to the back i'll just put all the old grass and stuff on.

ADONI wrote:Is dry season OP, scratch a match and play like nothing happen...

LOOL Soo much bush fires lately.

matr1x wrote:3k including bamboo and plowing. Cost included clearing the cut grass and trash

Do you have a contact number for anyone who does it? Thanks

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » April 19th, 2017, 4:47 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:wow so much money a wacker man does make now? WTF bess you wacker that half acre yourself

If I could wacker 1.25 Acres of hard bamboo grass you could do half acre in 3 days.

Its not just wacking.
It a lot of cutlassing and vine removal from the fence.

I pay to cut an emtpy lot next to me. Costs around 400.
Has a lot of bamboo grass and wild dasheen.

At both locations i cant use spray.

My cat eats grass in the lot next door so i dont spray there.

The other location; the neighbour daughtet "allergic" to spray and she does "react" if i use spray there.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 19th, 2017, 5:04 pm

leggo some goat. kill dem when you done. Halal meat.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 19th, 2017, 9:46 pm

daron wrote:Looking to get 1 lot cut , scrape need average cost
Location sue su land penal
Much appreciated
323-8418

The guy on Rock Road just after Ranjit ,do some excavation and moving fill for me,right in Sou Sou lands and his price and work was excellent.
He has all the equipment and trucks too.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 19th, 2017, 10:36 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:wow so much money a wacker man does make now? WTF bess you wacker that half acre yourself

I've been seeing $400 to $500 per day.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » April 20th, 2017, 3:57 pm

moneybagzkd wrote:
RBphoto wrote:Get an excavator and two 10 wheel dump trucks. One day work and land clear like that. Should cost $20K for that but the land will be level and clean down to loose soil. Best option if you want a busy lick up in one day.

This sounds pretty good but that's a lot of money though. I might not need the truck cause there's the more of my land to the back i'll just put all the old grass and stuff on.

Might still need a single 6 wheel dump truck just to move quick. Depends on the size of the bamboo. If a backhoe can dig up the root, it will be about 4-5 K for a day work. plus any labor.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 20th, 2017, 4:57 pm

Some men still taking $1500 by $1500 for truck and backhoe if you check around. I going to tell allyuh something, but allyuh going to feel is joke. If you sprinkle ochro seeds in the bamboo stool, all the bamboo going to fall out like teeth from it's sockets. That is no lie.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » April 20th, 2017, 5:16 pm

rspann wrote:Some men still taking $1500 by $1500 for truck and backhoe if you check around. I going to tell allyuh something, but allyuh going to feel is joke. If you sprinkle ochro seeds in the bamboo stool, all the bamboo going to fall out like teeth from it's sockets. That is no lie.

I hear that 1 already
But i need to try it.

1 spot have some bamboo stools big as a small house

Nissan12
Street 2NR

Postby Nissan12 » April 20th, 2017, 6:29 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
rspann wrote:Some men still taking $1500 by $1500 for truck and backhoe if you check around. I going to tell allyuh something, but allyuh going to feel is joke. If you sprinkle ochro seeds in the bamboo stool, all the bamboo going to fall out like teeth from it's sockets. That is no lie.

I hear that 1 already
But i need to try it.

Seriously? Ochro seeds? I have a 'chinee' bamboo stool that I'm trying to get rid off and thought I had to get a backhoe!

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 20th, 2017, 7:04 pm

I've never had to deal with any bamboo that was ridiculously large but I cut it down to the ground and wait a couple of weeks for new shoots. After that I just Spray it with Roundup, wait a few weeks and spray the new shoots and repeat for as long as necessary. I use twice the recommended concentration. A gallon of Roundup concentrate is about TT$200.

It takes a while but it's not much work after the first cut.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » April 20th, 2017, 8:06 pm

A while back i actually was thinking of hiring a backhoe/excavator to remove all the bamboo and scrape the land clean.

But ...backstory:
Neighbour has been using the land to store topsoil, plant fruit trees, lawn for children to play etc.
I had no issues with this, until it would seem the maintenance they were doing became too much for them so they ask me to cut it, i tell them go ahead and maintain the portion they using, they cut it and tell me the worker waiting for he money.
I tell them i not paying as i never sanction any workman to come cut anything.
When the bush grow back they made a report to the health inspector who came to my house to tell me if i dont clean/cut the land, they will charge me.
So i went and clean the land etc.
Lo and behold, the neighbour and them like christmas come...using the land to burn rubbish and park car etc. So i decided to fence the place, but some boundaries were missing, so i had to get a surveyor to come re-establish the boundary markers. It turns out they put piece of their roof and road way in my land. So i had my guys come and plant 2" steel posts at all the boundary markers and start fencing 1 time.
So now i does have to hear one set of old talk everytime i pass bout how i "fence the place for no reason" and they coulda rel "use it and maintain for me"

So every couple of months, i send my guys over to cut and clean it.
It makes no sense to scrape and dig out bamboo now as it too costly and the land isnt being used or may not be used for some time.

moneybagzkd
Riding on 13's

Postby moneybagzkd » April 20th, 2017, 10:29 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:

I hear that 1 already
But i need to try it.

Lmao, I now hearing that one, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

*KRONIK* wrote:A while back i actually was thinking of hiring a backhoe/excavator to remove all the bamboo and scrape the land clean. But ...backstory:
Neighbour ....

That man just vex he eh have a free car park again. LOL

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 20th, 2017, 11:04 pm

Hoping fire pass by me and clear the grass yes.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 21st, 2017, 7:28 am

OP, if you have a spray can and a piper that willing to spray it for you(check near the end of Mohess road, there are a few aforementioned pipers living around there) buy a chemical called Broadcas .An area that size might need about 3 gallons or so.If is birdvine, buy 4.Spray and let the sun beat it for a few days .After that, accidently leave a lit cigarette on the ground and go get some icecream.

kustom kreationz
Riding on 13's

Postby kustom kreationz » April 21st, 2017, 7:48 am

A backhoe is what u need avg $1500 for ah day work. An a truck to remove rubbish an trees/shrubs,use ah 10 wheeler cost is abt $3000 per day offer sumone ah job TO ENSURE IT'S DONE WITHIN 1 DAY. U lookin at $4500-$5000 jus my 2 cents

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 21st, 2017, 7:54 am

*KRONIK* wrote:
Neighbour has been using the land to store topsoil, plant fruit trees, lawn for children to play etc.
I had no issues with this, until it would seem the maintenance they were doing became too much for them so they ask me to cut it, i tell them go ahead and maintain the portion they using, they cut it and tell me the worker waiting for he money.

So now i does have to hear one set of old talk everytime i pass bout how i "fence the place for no reason" and they coulda rel "use it and maintain for me"

SMH

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » April 21st, 2017, 8:14 am

moneybagzkd wrote:What would be an average cost to clear down ONE (1) lot of land, with easy access, that has pretty much small trees (thin cedar) and bamboo bushes right through. I know it'll be hard to give an exact price, but just looking for a ball park figure if you can. Also if you have recommendations on who I can get this service from too would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

With all the free advice, one lot is 5000 sq feet and yuh have to hire a truck and backhoe? Seems the advice costing more than de labour .............

Turbomk2
Riding on 13's

Postby Turbomk2 » April 21st, 2017, 9:47 am

I think hour best vet would be to hire a backhoe to grass out and plow out the bamboo... that can range from $2500 to $3500... see if you can get it done by hiring the tractor for the day... $2k and hope for the best

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”