Forums

Local Computer Store ...be VERY careful folks

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Re: Local Computer Store ...be VERY careful folks

Postby screwbash » April 28th, 2017, 5:47 am

screwbash wrote:**** famous for dat, a few years ago they sell some ppl a few dell and one wunt wocking and i crack it open to see MSI mainboard in it. man i call dell and take pics and send to dem. dont know if they still sell dell. d red man in central branch needs to go he have too much attitude and doh know how to deal with ppl.

I only put one z to the end of the store name. the actual store name has 2 zz

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Local Computer Store ...be VERY careful folks

Postby kamakazi » April 28th, 2017, 8:48 am

That almost happened with me also by ... The thing is I opened the item there and realised it was opened and used before (micro ATX tower). Even had an AMD sticker on it. I don't mind​ buying certain display our open box items... But don't try to sell it to the customer as new
Last edited by kamakazi on April 28th, 2017, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » April 29th, 2017, 7:29 am

Poor customer service in TT....one of the main anti-tourism tools we use all the time.
#Dennys

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » April 29th, 2017, 11:19 am

Knew this had to be a mix-up of some kind. Have to admit, i RARELY check items at the store before purchase.

Glad it was resolved, man.

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » April 29th, 2017, 11:31 am

lol :D
fouljuice wrote:Years ago I buy a router from a store that sells super technological items and the box was already opened and the default IP and password was changed when I try to set it up. It was working though so I didn't bother to go back and change it but I was not very pleased.

If is the **** you talking about, I lock them off long time because of the nasty experiences I had there (Sando branch)
Me eh going to rewrite no long story, you might quicker find it using the search in the PC thread.
Years now that going on, but instead of beating up and making a scene, I decide to never do business with them ever again.
And anytime someone ask me "where they could get X or Y PC Part" I let them know what to expect when going there.

If is not them you talking about, it still doesn't change the facts.

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » May 1st, 2017, 3:38 pm

Just saying ... 600.00ttd appears to be a decent price for these refurbished speakers.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 4RE4RS6896

JJ16
30 pounds of Boost

Postby JJ16 » May 1st, 2017, 9:05 pm

timothymcdavid wrote:Just saying ... 600.00ttd appears to be a decent price for these refurbished speakers.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 4RE4RS6896

no one disputing the price of the item, however say its not new...

I rather spend $800 on a brand new item that gives me similar quality (which is what i bought, which is the new logitech Z337), than spend $600 on something that was used and had a defect.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 3rd, 2017, 5:12 pm

skylinechild wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
screwbash wrote:**** famous for dat, a few years ago they sell some ppl a few dell and one wunt wocking and i crack it open to see MSI mainboard in it. man i call dell and take pics and send to dem. dont know if they still sell dell. d red man in central branch needs to go he have too much attitude and doh know how to deal with ppl.

Same here. Went in to **** in Sando to get a hard drive last year. Bought a 2TB hard drive that came in nothing but a static proof bag. I asked if it was new or used and they said it was new. I was skeptic but really needed the hard drive so I bought it.

Took it home and noticed some minor handling scratches on it so I checked the serial number only to see that they hard drive stopped being manufactured in 2012. This was last year... 4 years later.

I downloaded a program to check the hard drive properties and usage statistics and say that it already had like 50 startups logged as well as around 2 years of powered on time. Checking out the info on the model number I saw that it was an enterprise hard drive (i.e. made specifically for servers). I deduced that the hard drive was most likely in a sever for around 2 years (with monthly maintenance shut downs) before it was removed for some reason. Probably server upgrade.

I would have returned it but the hard drive itself got great reviews. Been using it for about a year now in a computer that is on 24/7 with no issues. I decided to be more cautious with them in future.

interesting.....very very interesting...

sometimes buying a hard drive and getting it in an anti static bag is a norm. they buy in bulk ( comes in a crate of 24 ) and sell individually....to maximize profits...its the norm.

each hard drive clearly has the date code and serial number on the label that you can clearly see through the packaging. so if it was made in august 2012...it would say so.
you should have checked the label before buying... if the date is too far off...then simply dont buy.

although it may genuinely be new - the manufacturer warranty will have most likely expired or about to expire.
hard drive warranty is for 5 yrs from the manufacturer...but the store that sells you only gives you a year they do this to safe face and not get into issues with consumer affairs. so what happens to the other 4 yrs of warranty ??

if your software was able to give that type of info its great but you decided to keep the hard drive knowing you could have gotten a refund.
but as long as you're happy with the end results great !!!
I would have gone back for a refund but the hard drive got great reviews so I decided to chance it. It's worked out good so far.

Btw, the software I use was a free program that you can use on any windows computer on any hard drive. It doesn't need to be installed or anything. I'll try to link it later.

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » May 3rd, 2017, 9:30 pm

JJ16 - This wouldn't be tuner if I didn't ask - Eeeet fat ?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 4th, 2017, 8:58 am

skylinechild wrote:if your software was able to give that type of info its great but you decided to keep the hard drive knowing you could have gotten a refund.
but as long as you're happy with the end results great !!!

FYI. The program I used is Crystal Disk Info
Free download here

Download the portable zip of the standard version.
Copy it on to the hard drive you want to get the information on. Doesn't matter which folder.
Extract the zip and you will see two .exe files
If your computer is 32-bit click on the DiskInfo32 file, if you computer is 64-bit click on the DiskInfo64 file.

Screenshot of program below

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » May 5th, 2017, 11:58 pm

For those interested you can also try DiscCheckup by PassMark.

The link:
http://www.passmark.com/products/diskcheckup.htm

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » May 6th, 2017, 6:53 am

once set of drama for a return....not when yuh buyin it tho...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”