Forums

T&T On Show - CNN - Anthony Bourdain - 18/6/2017

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Re: T&T On Show - CNN - Anthony Bourdain - 18/6/2017

Postby Ben_spanna » June 28th, 2017, 7:56 am

zoom rader wrote:There is nothing careless about his words. It's a reflection of how these ppl think. I hope ppl really open their eyes and think how they spend their money next time.

YOU would see it that way as everyone knows youre a blatent Racist, but for the majority of people, so what! , the man says hes powerful then ok, does that somehow devalue your BAg of Pholourie mix? Steups! :agrue:

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » June 28th, 2017, 7:59 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I thought it was fantastic. Wanted to see more!!!

X2

mars
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mars » June 28th, 2017, 8:29 am

pugboy wrote:we are real late with realizing the reality of their power though

jews in america have gone through this decades ago, they control almost everything in america
just like how the majority of pos is owned by arabs, jews own all of new york

Hmmm - I didn't realize the biggest property developer in New York, and president of the US was Jewish!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 28th, 2017, 9:03 am

mars wrote:
pugboy wrote:we are real late with realizing the reality of their power though

jews in america have gone through this decades ago, they control almost everything in america
just like how the majority of pos is owned by arabs, jews own all of new york

Hmmm - I didn't realize the biggest property developer in New York, and president of the US was Jewish!

Well Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner are Orthodox Jews

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » June 28th, 2017, 9:04 am

Bourdain crime piece an indictment on T&T—Solomon

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2017-06- ... %94solomon

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 28th, 2017, 12:38 pm

The man was right when he spoke about the gap between the rich, middle class and poor.

If you want to understand what he is talking about go look at what was done to Jamaica.

Where is the middle class in Jamaica today?

What is Jamaica like?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 28th, 2017, 2:10 pm

Any one in Trinidad, when describing the crime problem....will start with the drug shipment problem being causal to the violence on the street

Aboud glibbly says its a gang problem.......cuz they have a fight club. :|

:D :D

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » June 28th, 2017, 2:25 pm

zoom rader wrote:There is nothing careless about his words. It's a reflection of how these ppl think. I hope ppl really open their eyes and think how they spend their money next time.

The planter aristocracy used to think so as well. But times change.

Now iz no longer who your father or mother wuz...connections. and money that are the grease that keeps the machine rolling along.

And nowadays a lot of that money comes from illicit drugs. No other bidnezz iz as profitable.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 28th, 2017, 4:23 pm

^^^

Zoomy said it correct .

There is no careless whispers here .

Mario got his message across .

Very Loud and Very Clear .

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 30th, 2017, 2:01 am

I didn't have a problem with his statement...didn't affect me.

The show overall was good, still think he should have been brought down to Debe.

At times though I began to think about my future here and if it would be a good one....at many points during the show things didn't seem too good.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 30th, 2017, 2:29 am

Ben_spanna wrote:

YOU would see it that way as everyone knows youre a blatent Racist, but for the majority of people, so what! , the man says hes powerful then ok, does that somehow devalue your BAg of Pholourie mix? Steups! :agrue:

I knew long ago how these ppl think not they. Their cracks are slowly opening now and people seeing them for who they really are now . If you can't see that then continue believing as you do.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » June 30th, 2017, 6:15 am

doh bocott local aboud sabga business boycott the american business that blank you after yuh pay over 1000 to get a visa and yuh still wah run KFC, PIZZA HUTT, DRINK COORS, SUBWAY an all dem employing some lil white boy that doh like allyuh black people. Support pizza boys, drink carib as they employing local blacks like we self

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » June 30th, 2017, 6:31 am

screwbash wrote:doh bocott local aboud sabga business boycott the american business that blank you after yuh pay over 1000 to get a visa and yuh still wah run KFC, PIZZA HUTT, DRINK COORS, SUBWAY an all dem employing some lil white boy that doh like allyuh black people. Support pizza boys, drink carib as they employing local blacks like we self

Do you not know how franchising works?

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » June 30th, 2017, 6:41 am

zoom rader wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:

I knew long ago how these ppl think not they. Their cracks are slowly opening now and people seeing them for who they really are now . If you can't see that then continue believing as you do.

We still talking about the Syrians here right?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 30th, 2017, 8:13 am

zoom rader wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:

Steups

Like how they feel is materially different to the way the clique in KallcoSISRamhiTNRamNAMALCoJunior Paramount does talk....

Poor PR but nothing incorrect.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 1st, 2017, 6:55 am

Daran wrote:
screwbash wrote:doh bocott local aboud sabga business boycott the american business that blank you after yuh pay over 1000 to get a visa and yuh still wah run KFC, PIZZA HUTT, DRINK COORS, SUBWAY an all dem employing some lil white boy that doh like allyuh black people. Support pizza boys, drink carib as they employing local blacks like we self

Pappy i doh care if kfc employing trini, it is all there gimmik uh get they franchise money. I think subway is $50000.00 USD a year per location they have to pay. yuh think boomers did have tuh pay dat to no stinking white man, who doh bathe and eat they own nose pickings. The locals that employed b kfc cud get a wuk in amalgamated and send back all them small islanders who some how getting security guard wuk IDK since when security wuk is a CSME certified. IDk why all dem MC small islanders does come here and live and talk dotish dotish , all dem guyaneese, jamaicans and d rest. deport all the mc.

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » July 1st, 2017, 9:35 am

screwbash wrote:
Daran wrote:

Pappy i doh care if kfc employing trini, it is all there gimmik uh get they franchise money. I think subway is $50000.00 USD a year per location they have to pay. yuh think boomers did have tuh pay dat to no stinking white man, who doh bathe and eat they own nose pickings. The locals that employed b kfc cud get a wuk in amalgamated and send back all them small islanders who some how getting security guard wuk IDK since when security wuk is a CSME certified. IDk why all dem MC small islanders does come here and live and talk dotish dotish , all dem guyaneese, jamaicans and d rest. deport all the mc.

You clearly have issues.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 1st, 2017, 10:49 am

abducted wrote:
screwbash wrote:
Daran wrote:

Pappy i doh care if kfc employing trini, it is all there gimmik tuh get they franchise money. I think subway is $50000.00 USD a year per location they have to pay. yuh think boomers did have tuh pay dat to no stinking white man, who doh bathe and eat they own nose pickings. The locals that employed b kfc cud get a wuk in amalgamated and send back all them small islanders who some how getting security guard wuk IDK since when security wuk is a CSME certified. IDk why all dem MC small islanders does come here and live and talk dotish dotish , all dem guyaneese, jamaicans and d rest. deport all the mc.

You clearly have issues.

I have more than issues.

mars
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mars » July 1st, 2017, 11:12 am

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 7th, 2017, 8:07 am

8 day wonder.
Men forgot the Sabga issue but remember emancipation

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » July 7th, 2017, 11:20 am

well d man "apologized" & Trinis do like ok no scene dise small ting , then we moved on to d storm\flooding then marlene business , heinous murders last wk , d usual political BS from both sides & latest is d fb treat to d pm

imo this show was poorly scripted & did more harm\controversy then showcasing d goodness of T&T .... :|

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » July 7th, 2017, 11:31 am

Yuh would wonder now, when watching any of his shows in other countries.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 7th, 2017, 12:02 pm

So we have had Bizarre Foods a few years ago, Parts Unknown and Naked and Afraid this year as well as MTV hosted one of their Real World Vs Road Rules series in Tobago back in 2005 and Caracol TV out of Colombia also filmed a reality series called El Desafio in Tobago last year.

Who or what would be the next international production to come here??

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 7th, 2017, 12:04 pm

To be honest though in his other shows there is greater emphasis on the food and the local indigenous culture. In this case neither was highlighted, the river lime was a good idea, but when it comes to traditional Indian cuisine an effort should have been made to bring him to Debe by "The Green Shed" and not to mention sampling Charlie's pudding.

Honestly when he ate at the 1% residence that type of cuisine, while I respect their culture and traditions, isn't part of the mainstream culture, the average doesn't eat like that nor has that way of life pervaded the mainstream. If he wanted a tangible representation of that culture in the mainstream then he should have been taken to a place selling gyros, or maybe send him to PoS to buy a yard of tetrex.

Also did anyone notice the butler serving the food, wonder why only the hands were shown.....

Maybe I'm too sensitive but I can safely say that this show while interesting I don't think it really represented Trinidad and Tobago in the best light, I don't blame Anthony for this though, I do enjoy his other work so I don't see why he would skimp now. I think that his Trinbagonian counterparts should have done a better job at presenting the country to him.

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » July 7th, 2017, 8:11 pm

mars wrote:Finally! Some sense dawns:

http://darrynboodan.blogspot.com/2017/0 ... l?spref=fb

This was an excellent piece :D

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 7th, 2017, 11:15 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:So we have had Bizarre Foods a few years ago, Parts Unknown and Naked and Afraid this year as well as MTV hosted one of their Real World Vs Road Rules series in Tobago back in 2005 and Caracol TV out of Colombia also filmed a reality series called El Desafio in Tobago last year.

Who or what would be the next international production to come here??

Remember we had a recent isis special and a vice episode some time ago..

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » July 9th, 2017, 12:26 am

mars wrote:Finally! Some sense dawns:

http://darrynboodan.blogspot.com/2017/0 ... l?spref=fb

Onfcukingpoint. What a great article.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » June 8th, 2018, 7:24 am

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1005047217839902720?s=21

BREAKING: Anthony Bourdain of CNN’s “Parts Unknown” is dead. The chef, storyteller and Emmy-winning host has committed suicide at age 61, CNN confirms.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » June 8th, 2018, 7:32 am

R.I.P.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 8th, 2018, 7:56 am

Rip to the man who got them (1%) to say publicly what we always knew

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”