Tobago Owners In Tears

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Re: Tobago Owners In Tears

Postby Miktay » August 28th, 2017, 7:39 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Still need to do something about UNC leadership Kamla and the Cabal, unless we get rid of these jokers and put people that the public has trust in, we not removing the PNM in 2020 and it is as simple as that.
We still need to do something about all of them.

Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Redman wrote:If by now you don't believe that both sides prioritize political gains at the expense of our national interest...then you are not paying attention.

/thread

Support issues, ideas and solutions. Do not support politicians for the sake of loyalty. As soon as you pledge your allegiance to a party or politician you prove yourself as nothing but an idiot.

All sides are utter crap right now constantly running out of places worse than us to compare ourselves to. This is why I say to never compare yourself to those you don't want to be like. Don't compare them to each other. Ask yourself why cant we get one person that is marginally good enough.

A couple reasons:

1. Real leadership iza hard thankless slog. Few people that want to come forth and serve without consideration to money or power.

2. The electorate iz fickle and easily distracted. People get the Big Gubbament they deserve.

In summary the problem iz sitting in your seat.
Not mie seet padna I did do d chupid ting an vote NOTA in protess lass genurul elecshions war u wammy do agayn tel mi I open 2 shujeshuns.

The vote izan illusion of control. How can ppl have the power to influence politics if they only vote every 4-6 years?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 28th, 2017, 8:04 pm

Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Still need to do something about UNC leadership Kamla and the Cabal, unless we get rid of these jokers and put people that the public has trust in, we not removing the PNM in 2020 and it is as simple as that.

Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Redman wrote:If by now you don't believe that both sides prioritize political gains at the expense of our national interest...then you are not paying attention.

/thread

Support issues, ideas and solutions. Do not support politicians for the sake of loyalty. As soon as you pledge your allegiance to a party or politician you prove yourself as nothing but an idiot.

All sides are utter crap right now constantly running out of places worse than us to compare ourselves to. This is why I say to never compare yourself to those you don't want to be like. Don't compare them to each other. Ask yourself why cant we get one person that is marginally good enough.

A couple reasons:

1. Real leadership iza hard thankless slog. Few people that want to come forth and serve without consideration to money or power.

2. The electorate iz fickle and easily distracted. People get the Big Gubbament they deserve.

Not mie seet padna I did do d chupid ting an vote NOTA in protess lass genurul elecshions war u wammy do agayn tel mi I open 2 shujeshuns.

The vote izan illusion of control. How can ppl have the power to influence politics if they only vote every 4-6 years?

yup yup Diaz wahsayin so what shujeshuns you have.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 29th, 2017, 7:23 am

again...who the fcuk cares about Tobago...Tobagonians doh even like Trinidadians...

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 29th, 2017, 10:28 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

/thread

A couple reasons:

B4 u look 4 solutions u hadda define the problem. What iz the problem in your view?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 29th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

/thread

A couple reasons:

B4 u look 4 solutions u hadda define the problem. What iz the problem in your view?

corrupt leaders at the top that solidify their reign by preying on racial differences between their constituents and a population whose majority is apparently stupid enough to fall for it time and time again.

Also there is the face that we always seem content to compare ourselves to those worse off than us until we become worse than those we looked down on. Then we find someone else to compare ourselves to. It is as though we continuously aspire to be on a lower rung and each consecutive election sees us content to take yet another step down.

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » August 29th, 2017, 12:11 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:again...who the fcuk cares about Tobago...Tobagonians doh even like Trinidadians...

Yes very true.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » August 29th, 2017, 12:45 pm

Imagine laughing at your fellow citizens and saying they deserve to suffer cuz they voted for a different party than you

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » August 29th, 2017, 1:17 pm

mero wrote:Imagine laughing at your fellow citizens and saying they deserve to suffer cuz they voted for a different party than you

So that strategy won't garner votes next election?.... Damn

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 29th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

/thread

A couple reasons:

corrupt leaders at the top that solidify their reign by preying on racial differences between their constituents and a population whose majority is apparently stupid enough to fall for it time and time again.

Also there is the face that we always seem content to compare ourselves to those worse off than us until we become worse than those we looked down on. Then we find someone else to compare ourselves to. It is as though we continuously aspire to be on a lower rung and each consecutive election sees us content to take yet another step down.

Sounds accurate.

But how do people become corrupt? And how do some of these corrupt people rise to public office or become corrupted in public office?

And why do citizens fall for it time and time again? Why are citizens blinded by gubbament promises?

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » August 29th, 2017, 1:32 pm

Redman wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:PNM logic:

"Is nuh the PNM yuh know... is Rohan"

"The gang of 4 making the PNM look bad"

"Buh Rowley done say the deal crooked... wha else u wah d man to say?"

"buh buh buh... the galicia deal under the PP was riddled with corruption!"

"Rowley trying yuh know... buh yuh see Kamla gone and spend out all d mohnee"

Now if the seabridge fiasco did happen under Kamla, well oh gosh...

Protest and march by the hyatt. Wear yuh red, white and black! This is for the country!

Unions come out. Roget and rowley holding hands by the ferry terminal in POS.

Rowley with crocodile tears saying what is happening is hurting his heart as he is from Tobago.

Pro-black groups all on radio saying that "this wicked indian government doh like black people"

"we want Kamla and the whole government to resign and call elections now! Suruj, Anand and Moonilal will make ah jail!"

I am convinced PNMites are gluttons for punishment. Right now dey shame but we all know what will happen if elections call tomorrow morning...

That is why I'm saying they look for what they get. It good for them.

And this is as stupid as hoping the pilot of the your plane has a heart attack.

Your logic leaves a lot to be desired. Bottom line they voted PNM so they deserve whatever happen to them. Why you think that's wrong?

Do you believe that we must turn a blind eye to PNM nonsense?

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » August 29th, 2017, 1:34 pm

hong kong phooey wrote:wonder if they appreciate the business they get from trinidad.

I highly doubt it

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » August 29th, 2017, 1:42 pm

One season mishap scrap your whole business?

BS!

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 29th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Miktay wrote:
Sounds accurate.

But how do people become corrupt? And how do some of these corrupt people rise to public office or become corrupted in public office?

And why do citizens fall for it time and time again? Why are citizens blinded by gubbament promises?
The following are solely my opinions are therefore subject to being disproved.

1. Corrupt people can originate from any one or combination of the following. Honest people struggle and give in to the corruption around them to get ahead. Honest people are coerced into corruption to save their skin. Dishonest politicians are a subset of a dishonest population.

2. They rise through their connections with corrupt friends in high places. They are allowed to rise in such a way because resistance is minimal at best (Facebook posts against them mostly). Their rise is also supported in some cases by those of a similar racial background to whom they constantly pander to as though their rise is a victory for all of them and their ancestors.

3 and 4 are what drive me crazy. I dont understand it at all. Both sides have a horrible track record. Maybe you can give me your input on this one. I would guess racial pandering has a part to play as well as short term highly visual performance indicators (i.e. paving roads and giving out houses/ free T-shirts and sponsoring political fetes).

What are your views?

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » August 29th, 2017, 2:03 pm

eliteauto wrote:
mero wrote:Imagine laughing at your fellow citizens and saying they deserve to suffer cuz they voted for a different party than you

So that strategy won't garner votes next election?.... Damn

It worked for the PNM

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 29th, 2017, 3:12 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Miktay wrote:
Sounds accurate.

1. Corrupt people can originate from any one or combination of the following. Honest people struggle and give in to the corruption around them to get ahead. Honest people are coerced into corruption to save their skin. Dishonest politicians are a subset of a dishonest population.

2. They rise through their connections with corrupt friends in high places. They are allowed to rise in such a way because resistance is minimal at best (Facebook posts against them mostly). Their rise is also supported in some cases by those of a similar racial background to whom they constantly pander to as though their rise is a victory for all of them and their ancestors.

All good points.

The definition of corruption from dictionary.com:

dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.

Corruption in most cases (but not all) involves one common denominator. Money. Thiz iz key. What qualities of gubbament encourage monetary corruption?

3 and 4 are what drive me crazy. I dont understand it at all. Both sides have a horrible track record. Maybe you can give me your input on this one. I would guess racial pandering has a part to play as well as short term highly visual performance indicators (i.e. paving roads and giving out houses/ free T-shirts and sponsoring political fetes).

Pandering yes definitely but also a combination of other things.

1. The electorate iz fickle. People w/rather complain than take constructive action to fix things. It has has been so for millenias. When Rome ruled most of the know world Roman emperors gave the people arena games to distract them. Bread and circuses. Today we no longer have bloody games to distract the fickle populace. But we have Rum and Roti politics.

2. Most of us have been educated in the State funded educational system. We are conditioned not to be critical of gubbament. How many lectures/classes did you attend in primary/secondary or tertiary school that were critical of the current gubbament regime? I'd bet that these were few and far between.

3. As an extension of 2. people have not only been conditioned not to be critical of gubbament some view gubbament as a savior. They view the State as messianic. See the Tobago hoteliers pleas for instance. The Tobago businessmen want gubbament to bail them out.

What are your views?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 29th, 2017, 6:40 pm

Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Miktay wrote:
Sounds accurate.

All good points.

Corruption in most cases (but not all) involves one common denominator. Money. Thiz iz key. What qualities of gubbament encourage monetary corruption?

1. The electorate iz fickle. People w/rather complain than take constructive action to fix things. It has has been so for millenias. When Rome ruled most of the know world Roman emperors gave the people arena games to distract them. Bread and circuses. Today we no longer have bloody games to distract the fickle populace. But we have Rum and Roti politics.

2. Most of us have been educated in the State funded educational system. We are conditioned not to be critical of gubbament. How many lectures/classes did you attend in primary/secondary or tertiary school that were critical of the current gubbament regime? I'd bet that these were few and far between.

3. As an extension of 2. people have not only been conditioned not to be critical of gubbament some view gubbament as a savior. They view the State as messianic. See the Tobago hoteliers pleas for instance. The Tobago businessmen want gubbament to bail them out.

What are your views?
So, armed with this knowledge, what are you suggestions? Will you be willing to attempt to make a difference or will you be content to complain like everyone else? How do you propose a willing advocate for change can make a difference?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 29th, 2017, 9:24 pm

toyota2nr wrote:
Redman wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:

Protest and march by the hyatt. Wear yuh red, white and black! This is for the country!

Rowley with crocodile tears saying what is happening is hurting his heart as he is from Tobago.

Pro-black groups all on radio saying that "this wicked indian government doh like black people"

"we want Kamla and the whole government to resign and call elections now! Suruj, Anand and Moonilal will make ah jail!"

I am convinced PNMites are gluttons for punishment. Right now dey shame but we all know what will happen if elections call tomorrow morning...

Your logic leaves a lot to be desired. Bottom line they voted PNM so they deserve whatever happen to them. Why you think that's wrong?

Yet he was a card carrying member of the "we get the Government that we deserve brigade with Habit7 and RASC. :lol: :lol: These guys are so obvious it isn't funny.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 29th, 2017, 10:15 pm

what would a road to tobago cost from toco

and how long would the drive be?

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » August 30th, 2017, 6:22 am

if that road from toco to Tobago gets built and a 'harvey' pass through??

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 30th, 2017, 7:50 am

16 cycles wrote:if that road from toco to Tobago gets built and a 'harvey' pass through??

Somebody in government pardner go get a big contract tuh fix it back... :|

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 30th, 2017, 7:57 am

16 cycles wrote:if that road from toco to Tobago gets built and a 'harvey' pass through??

If a harvey pass tru all of us dead anyway so it doh matter

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 30th, 2017, 8:15 am

toyota2nr wrote:
Redman wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:

No. There is nothing I said that can give that impression.

We have a broken electoral system.

a) there are very limited choices in the candidates that offer themselves.
b)We have recent demonstrated evidence that it makes little difference who is in power

and what we have now is the result of that.

By your logic the people in Siparia/Debe deserve what they get (flooded) because they voted for Kamla
Or the people in Toco deserve to be cut off cus they vote PNM.

both could have been avoided or mitigated IF we had proper governance for the last 20 years.

It is simplistic and dumb to say these things when no politician says they are going to do crap in office, especially when we all have to pick a or b....and neither party has real quality control in terms of who goes up for any seat.

But I see you in good company to be operating in that manner so carry on.
Last edited by Redman on August 30th, 2017, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » August 30th, 2017, 9:08 am

Tobago is jus like a prostitute trinis pay for to have a good time.

they use and abuse it for the weekend for a small fee and and spit it back out on a sunday evening and head back to their wives(tinidad) and continue to live happy.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 30th, 2017, 9:27 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Miktay wrote:
Sounds accurate.

All good points.

What are your views?
So, armed with this knowledge, what are you suggestions? Will you be willing to attempt to make a difference or will you be content to complain like everyone else? How do you propose a willing advocate for change can make a difference?

If we can agree that the most egregious faults of gubbament have a root cause in money we can begin to address that. There are solutions that worked in the past.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 30th, 2017, 10:18 am

Miktay wrote:If we can agree that the most egregious faults of gubbament have a root cause in money we can begin to address that. There are solutions that worked in the past.
Definitely. That is what it always comes down to in the end. So what are your solutions?

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 30th, 2017, 11:23 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
Miktay wrote:If we can agree that the most egregious faults of gubbament have a root cause in money we can begin to address that. There are solutions that worked in the past.
Definitely. That is what it always comes down to in the end. So what are your solutions?

The solution iz to address money and its creation.

Should gubbament...through a quasi-independent entity known as a central bank have the ability to create money out of thin air...to monetize poor budgeting practice?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 30th, 2017, 11:29 am

Slartibartfast wrote:

We need to ban money.
It's unsafe.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 30th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

Should gubbament...through a quasi-independent entity known as a central bank have the ability to create money out of thin air...to monetize poor budgeting practice?
What alternative would you propose?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 31st, 2017, 1:00 pm

The utter kant that we have as a PM only claims "Tobagoness" when he is avoiding storms, or justifying a mansion for himself when there.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 31st, 2017, 3:58 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Miktay wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

What alternative would you propose?

Start here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_system

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”